Chapter 31- Hiding in the Showers...

Monkey Love Fishy

 

K POV

            When the doctor shooed us all out, I was the first one back. I stared down at the unconscious man next to me. “Hyung, saranghae. Please hang on,” I choked a little on my words.

“I will do everything in my power, Hae. I will unite you with Hyukkie.” I grabbed his cold hand and vowed to myself.

            The door opened and I looked back to see Yoona smiling towards me. “Kyu, I heard what you said to him. And I think we have to get this over with soon. It’ll only hurt more if we don’t end this. I saw Sooyoung and Eunhyuk-oppa. They’re no longer together. I think that’s a step forward. We can do this, Kyuhyun,” she came up next to me. Instinctively, I put my arm around her waist and we stood there looking down at our beloved Donghae.

            I quickly let my arm fall when the door opened once more and a smiling Sooyoung and Eunhyuk walked in. They looked at ease with each other and even joked around slightly. We stood there in a line, with Hyukkie sitting next to him by his bed. After a while, Sooyoung left to see Jessica, for reasons I can never understand. I mean seriously, who cares about that woman. Eventually I stood up, and tugged Yoona out of the room, a plan already forming in my head.

            “Yoona, I have to do something. Keep your phone on and prepare to hear news from me, okay?” I saluted her and ran down to my car. I drove like a maniac to our dorms and changed into black clothing. I grabbed my shades and pulled a cap low on my head. I glanced out the window and cursed the sunshine.

            Sitting back, I scrolled through the GPS to see if it recorded where I went. It had a history of the address. I smirked and programmed for the directions to show up. Following the road intently I thought hard. What if he was home? What if he sees me? How can I defend myself? I drove and thought of a backup plan in case this one failed.

            I parked the car a block away and walked out. It was an empty town. The hotels here were situated like various cottages on a block, each customer got their own room. I cursed silently. I never found out the cottage number. I grabbed my phone and called Yoona.

            “Yoona, do you know Tom’s exact cottage number at the hotel?” I asked.

            She thought a while. “I think it was the second one on the left. I’m pretty sure. I remember seeing that Jessica walked past another house.”

            I thanked her and turned my phone to vibrate before walking to the back of cottage number two. I peered in and saw the curtains were shut tight. There was no light streaming through. What a depressed emo, I thought. Then, I felt bad because it was Jessica who made him like this. That horrible person. She really wreaks havoc wherever she goes, doesn’t she.

            I took a chance and tried to unlatch the windows from outside, but this was a pretty secure place. I checked for any side entrances and found none. I had no choice but to try the front door. Stealthily, I crept to the front and looked around for people. There were none. I turned the door knob and prayed the idiot would have left it unlocked. The knob turned and a click sounded. Apparently the door was open. I smirked and walked in. This big babo.

            I crept in and saw that all the lights were out. I walked down the hallway and saw a bedroom with the doors wide open. Perfect. I veered immediately towards the desk and began to look for a comb. The hairs on it would be a perfect way to match the baby’s DNA to. But, I recalled from my biology classes, it was also very easy to mix up hairs. As I headed towards the bathroom, I saw a book lying on the bed. I couldn’t help being curious and walked over. It had the word Jessica written in a chicken scratch like script.

            The evil one in me gleamed and urged me to open the diary. I sat on the bed and opened it to the first page. There were beautiful sketches of Jessica. She was everywhere, sitting on the grass, smiling on a bench, pouting up from the page. Damn, this boy was dedicated. There were captions labeling memories of their five years together. I flipped over to the end and was shocked to see a more recent picture, this one from when we had SM Town. It was a sketch of Jessica lying on the bed, the covers up over her body, amid roses and she was happy. She was smiling in the drawing and looked nothing like the cold person I know her as. I suppose love does make a person blind, I thought scathingly.

            I laid down the book and saw a bulletin board with pictures of Jessica. The photos were of her in her SNSD uniform, or just her outside. I was slightly touched by his obvious love for her. But, she hurt him. She hurt him and my hyung. I will bring her down. I walked out of the bedroom and into the bathroom. I grabbed the toothbrush and stuffed it into the bag I carefully concealed under my jacket. I smiled in satisfaction and was about to walk out when I heard the door open.

            Damn. Tom must have came back. I panicked and jumped into the bath tub, dragging the shower curtains along so it would cover half of the showers. I laid low and for the first time in my life, cursed my height. I heard his footsteps outside the bathroom and held my breath. GameKyu luck, please don’t run out now, I prayed to the Game Gods. Aish, Kyuhyun-shi, what type of master strategist are you? Jumping to such an inescapable place like the bath tub.

            The footsteps moved on, and I allowed myself a tiny breath of relief. I was about to walk out and run, when I heard them again. This time it was directly headed to the bathroom. A shadow walked in and I pinched my lips together to avoid making any sounds. He washed his hands before turning to walk back out.

            His feet were almost out the door when he turned back. “Why’s the shower curtains closed? I didn’t take a shower since last night and I’m sure I kept it open.”

            I seethed. You dumb hick. Why do you have to be all observant suddenly? I crouched up and prepared to leap when he came. Despite my courage, I was shaking so hard inside.

            He yanked back the curtains and for the first few seconds we stared at each other. His face morphed into shock and I screamed, “Pwaaaaaaaaah!” and leapt out of the tub. I pushed past him and held on to my bag of evidence.

            I was down the hallway when he regained his senses and began to chase after me. “Come back here! Thief! I’ve been robbed!”

            I sped out the door and was relieved to see nobody out. I didn’t turn back because, every good escapist knows, that would spell doom. I flew down the block and got into my car. Luckily, it was around the corner and Tom didn’t see. I watched him fly onto the next block before making a U-turn and speeding off.

            When I got back to the dorms, I felt around for my things. They were all there, except for a hat. Darn it. Oh well, that wouldn’t be much evidence. I walked to SNSD’s dorms and asked for Yoona. She came in and looked at me.

            “Oppa, where have you been? You left in such a hurry and told me to expect contact, I was getting scared. Are you okay? What’s that you’re holding?”

            I held it out to her. “I snuck into Tom’s place and got a toothbrush and comb. Send in the copy you have of the baby’s DNA results and send in this. If we can prove that this is the same, then we have Jessica backed up in a corner.”

            Yoona stared at me before wrapping me up in a hug. “You’re soo brave.” I smiled with triumph and inhaled her minty shampoo. We went into her room and I told her the whole story. She laughed at my funny escape and it was a few hours before I remembered about Donghae.

            “Oh! Yoona, did anything happen with Donghae-hyung?”

            She nodded. “Go to the hospital right now!”