Chapter 24- Investigating Messenger

Monkey Love Fishy

 

Y POV

            By the time I came back from my schedule, it was already really late. But the first thing I heard was that Eunhyuk-oppa has taken Sooyoung out for a date. This came as a shock to me. I thought he was only nice to her to be polite. I had no idea he would develop feelings for her. Sighing at the craziness of guys, I walked towards my room.

            The door to Jessica’s room was slightly ajar and her laptop was lit up. I couldn’t help walking in. Quickly I did some calculations. Jessica went out with Tiffany and Sunny to work on more catering for the wedding. She wouldn’t be back for a good three hours. I closed the door firmly behind me and tiptoed to the laptop.

            There was a tiny messaging box in the corner that glowed green. My hands shook as I used the mouse to click on it. There was a new IM from a SurferBoi. Who could this possibly be?

SurferBoiJessica? Are you there?

            Darn! This person typed in English! I began to panic, what should I do? I quickly ran the words on a translator and saw that he just IMed me, er, Jessica. I clicked on the information box next to his username.

Name: Park YoonJin (Tom)

Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, USA

Gender: Male

Age: 22

Hobbies: Basketball, Surfing, Dancing, Guitar

            I was thankful that he was very open about his information. I hesitated before typing, I can’t type in English, I’m really sorry. My laptop only allows me to type in Hangul. I hit send and waited in anxious silence for his reply. Immediately, a reply was sent in Hangul. No problem, my sweet. For you, I will revert to our native language.

            I was stuck. I didn’t know what his relationship to Jessica-unni was and why she would be messaging this person from the States. I had to think of a way to get him talking. He obviously had feelings for her, but did she have the same? She couldn’t possibly have. She was oh so in love with Donghae.

JJungSNSD: Tom? I feel really bad lately, and I feel like I can’t remember certain things. Can you help me to remember?

            The moment I sent that line, I cringed. It sounded so obviously fake. Certain memory loss? As if anyone would buy that. Three tense minutes ticked by until he replied.

SurferBoi: Aww, my poor baby. I will help you regain some memories. I always said that SM was working you too hard, you’re even losing your remembering! Remember when we first met? It was in high school, and you were sitting alone on the grass when my Frisbee hit you?

            I breathed a sigh of relief. This foolish person bought it! I thought quickly of what to reply. Aish, this was when I needed Kyu. He would know exactly what to say. But I was on my own. I thought fast.

JJungSNSD: I can’t remember anything right now. I feel like there’s a huge gap in my memory. I                             even forgot our dance moves the other day! Are we close friends Tom?

SurferBoi: Jessica? Are you sure this is you?

            Damn. I thought fast. Maybe I overplayed the forgetfulness. I decided to just bumble along and feel my way around blindly.

JJungSNSD: I know we had a history. But the thing is I feel as if there’s something missing.

SurferBoi: Jessica, we’ve been seeing each other for the past five years. We're in love. 

            My jaw dropped. What did he mean they’ve been seeing each other for the last five years? Five years? How in the world did she hide this from all of us? She’s only been to California two times a year. Surely even the strongest love cannot last from such a separation. I couldn’t help but feel impressed. They must be very devoted to each other. But, wait. She’s engaged to Donghae!!!! Oh my goodness, unni.

JJungSNSD: I knew that, I just wanted to hear you say it. I missed you so much. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you. I wanted to hear you be romantic.

SurferBoi: Jessie, you tease! If you want romantic, I’ll give you romantic. Jessica, the last time I’ve seen you was during that SMTown in Los Angeles.

JJungSNSD: Oh,Tom. I really miss you. I don’t know how I survived without you.

SurferBoi: Jessica, you don’t remember that night do you?

            I froze slightly. What did he mean that night? With trembling fingers, I typed back No, I don’t think I do. Remind me.

SurferBoi: Jessica, we went back to my hotel room. There was champagne, roses, chocolates, and a bed. Does that jog your memory? I don’t know if you’re playing with me or not. Just two weeks ago you were reminiscing with me. So tell me, do you even remember that I’m coming to Korea in two days?

            I had a heart attack right there in front of the laptop. My thoughts raced as I read his words and rapidly connected the hidden meaning. My gosh. I fell off the chair and landed on the floor. Could it be possible that he was the father? And why is Jessica making Donghae marry her? Unless there’s more to the story. And what about the fact that he’s coming here in two days?

            I opened a new window and uploaded my Facebook page. I searched for Jessica’s friends and searched for a Tom Park, or a Park YoonJin. I saw Tom Park and clicked on it. There was a good looking boy with floppy hair in his eyes. He had an easy grin, and what looked like a tall sloping figure. It was obvious that he had muscles and was smiling happily at the camera. His relationship status was “In a Relationship.”With Jessica? This little story was having so many twists I can’t even tell anymore. My head hurts.     

            I tried to breathe and concentrate. On screen, Tom was going crazy, with hello? Jessica you there? I sat back down shakily and typed back, Yes, I’m here. But I have to go. I’ll talk to you later. Don’t mention this conversation the next time we talk. Okay? It’s because I have something to tell you. If you remind me of this talk we had, I can’t say it. Believe me. Trust me.

            I knew that was the most cryptic message there could ever be. I only prayed that he would buy it. Aish, I wish Kyuhyun was here. He would know how to handle this, I thought again. I closed the messaging box and cleared the history.

            I slipped out of the room and typed a long e-mail to Kyuhyun.

K POV

            When I sat down to play StarCraft, I saw a blinking window. “You have mail!” I clicked on it and saw a message from Yoona. As I read its contents, a triumphant smile began to grow. I rolled my eyes at the pathetic way Yoona handled the conversation but was pleased with the information she got out of this fool. Maybe we would be a power spying couple. Kekeke.

            WAIT! Back up Kyuhyun. Aish, spending all this time with Yoona was rotting my mind. I closed the e-mail tab and started to play StarCraft, all the while plotting away.

 

Cringes and clicks the update button really fast. Mianhe. I hate this chapter so much. But I feel like it's needed to show an update, a certain progress. I haven't forgotten that Kyuna only has a few more days to rescue the wedding. Will they succeed? I know it's not super realistic, but oh wells~ I'm not creative enough to think of a wittier way to get my information across. 

So, please support me, I will try to update another chapter later. Saranghaeyeo~

And I just love Yoona <3Monkey Icon She's panicking :D The picture is too cute. I'm sorry it doesn't totally relate :D