10

Coming and Going

 

                During Christmas, Taemin stayed inside the house despite the KaiSoo coupled coaxing him to go out and walk with them in the snow. He didn’t want to be a bother to the lovebirds so he waved a hand, shaking his head from side to side as a subtle way to reject their offer. The phone kept ringing non-stop. Every time Taemin looked at the caller I.d, he closed his eyes shut and tried to take a nap.

                On New Year’s Day, Taemin had the whole house to himself. Jongin and Kyungsoo went back to their homes (even though the younger of the two clung to his lover until it was time to take the train back home), leaving Taemin to sprawl and crawl and drag himself around the house as he wished. But due to his state of mind, he only cuddled into the sheets and watched time pass by. The phone kept ringing non-stop and it was the same caller I.d since he left his old house.

                “I can’t take this anymore,” Kyungsoo whispered to Jongin. They decided to meet up after arriving back to Seoul at the café they had their first date at. He the whip cream that was floating on top of his hot beverage, staring right at Jongin. It took every will power in Jongin to stop himself from attacking him right then and there. He gulped. His palms started to sweat, but he only smirked at his lover. Maybe this is the right time to convince Kyungsoo to get Taemin and Minho back together so the world can be at peace again and because he and Kyungsoo can have some legit y time.

                “Take what?” Jongin’s smirk curved into a curious Cheshire smile, elbows propped up on the table so he could rest his head on his palms.

                “I’m talking about Taemin.”

                “Oh?” Jongin crooked his head to the side. Kyungsoo sighed.

                “You know what I’m trying to say.”

                “Oh please; do entertain.”

                “When I was staying over at my parent’s place for New Year’s, Key-remember him? Well, he started calling me about how he heard Taemin was staying over at my place because apparently Taemin actually went outside and ran into him.”

                “Taemin actually went outside?”

                “That’s what I said!” Kyungsoo put down his cup of coffee as a sigh slipped out between his tightly sealed lips. His shoulders slump in a relaxed manner, “I just wish Taemin would swallow his pride and get back together with Minho, or the other way around.”

                “Amen to that,” Kai scoffed, putting his hands in prayer position and praising the lord. The two sat silently across each other, letting unspoken words reach their minds. Kai tapped the table with his fingers and looked at the man in front of him from under his eyelashes.

                “I missed you,” Kai whispered. He looked so scared. His whole body curled itself inwardly, but Kyungsoo only looked out to the window.

               “How are we supposed to do this? We have so many things to do beside this. We have to clean the house, get food, resolve our problems-“ Kyungsoo’s mouth formed a little ‘o’ when his eyes met with Kai’s.

                “-Problem with Sehun, and we-“

                “Is that the only problem we have?” Kyungsoo ignored the latter and kept blabbering about how there are so many chores and errands he must run before he has to get going on his manuscripts again. Being a writer , especially when he’d have a better time writing up recipes than silly afternoon rom-coms for housewives who have nothing better to do.

                “-and I have to-“ Kai’s ears drown the words dripping from Kyungsoo’s mouth into white noise. All he can hear is the chatter around him and all he can see is Kyungsoo talking. He doesn’t like his relationship this way. Kai can’t even remember why they turned out this way all of a sudden.

                “What’s with all of this “we” word going on in your sentences? I did not sign up to clean or cook,” Kai snapped, the only self-defense he’s ever learned in life is keeping his life-line going on. If he can’t have a perfect relationship no matter how much he tried to make it better, might as well try to live off of it as much as he can-even if it means to be mean and nasty like an old man.

                “Well you’re not going to lie around my house doing nothing.”

                “I’ve been doing that for the past few months.”

                “Things are changing, Kai,” Kyungsoo’s lips curl up slightly, “Everything can’t be the same.”

                “Are you giving me the ‘New year, new me” crap? You’re giving me the ‘new year, new me’ crap, aren’t you?”

                “Look, I just think change is nice-“

                “No, it isn’t, Kyungsoo, let’s keep doing what we do the best.”

                “Which is?” Kai gave him a smirk before Kyungsoo can speak, again, “If you’re thinking what I’m thinking you’re thinking, then you’re going to get something you thought you were never getting.”

                “Try me.”

                “I will.”

                Kyungsoo stood up, keeping his gaze locked with Kai the whole time. He bit his bottom lip while Kai his lips. Kai tried his best to keep his smolder, but Kyungsoo knew Kai was hurting, deep down. And it was Kai’s entire fault, really. It was Kyungsoo’s, too. He shook the thought away from his mind, though, and let his fingers caress Kai’s chin playfully. Kyungsoo swayed his hips before lowering to eye level with Kai. As they inched closer, Kyungsoo grabbed a beverage and splashed it on Kai’s head.

                “Think about what you did during the holidays before you step into my house.”

--

                Sehun told his therapist everything on how Kai didn’t leave to his parent’s house, but to Sehun’s home during the holidays. He told his therapist how he and Kai had . He ignored his therapists wince and eye twitch. He told his therapist how Sehun cried after Kai left because he realized Kai only used him for . He ignored the therapist’s hand forming into a fist. He ignored the knuckled turning stark white. He let the therapist hug him, though, and let him kiss his tears away. He only nodded in gratitude when Suho told him he hates seeing Sehun like this and how Suho should be showered in love and nothing else. Sehun wrapped his arms around Suho. Slowly, at first, tightening his grip around the short therapist. It felt like if Sehun didn’t hurry he would lose him in some weird time-space warp so he eventually quickened his pace. The two stayed this way until the session was over.

a/n: Hi guys, I hope you didn't miss me too much;) jokes aside, it seems as if there will be a lot of drama stirring around in the next chapter! Kai seems to be the one stirring all sorts of drama here and thereD:<

I'm so sorry about not updating much. I got busy with school and got ambushed with homework, but I'm glad I can update before exam week (which starts tomorrow!) Thank you for staying subscribed to me and helping me out with this story! Until next time!

 

xx, your author