Chapter Nine

Got Hooked

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

It almost seemed unreal. We would be formally having our press conference for Dream High Season 2 any minute soon. It seemed only yesterday when I’ve attended a press conference for a drama-the last time was actually the presscon for Jungle Fish Season 2, a year ago. The feeling felt nostalgic; I’m still as nervous as before; The only difference now is that people have higher expectations of me given that I’ve previously participated in two dramas (God of Study and Jungle Fish 2) which I acted as one of the main roles already. And ever since the news leaked that I was going to be casted again for a main role, added to the fact that it was the second season of one of the greatest drama hits of 2011, dream high, many seemed to be anticipating and expecting too much from me. So, I wonder how they’ll attack me today.

 

Soon enough, we were called one by one for the individual photoshoots; and after that, just like the presscon I’ve already attended before, we watched the various trailers for the promotion of the drama, then followed by the most important part of the drama, the interview from the casts.

 

Sora unnie and Jinwoon oppa were interviewed simultaneously. Each gave the viewers an idea of what their characters were. They also promoted some of their activities, for Sora unnie her we got married while for Jinwoon oppa, the upcoming album of 2am. Not much asked from them, so the reporters’ next target was me,

 

“You have formed a girl group in Dream high 2, how’s the team work in that girl group?”

 

“Team work in the group? I was surprised how well we did and I think it will become better,” Yeah, I have actually enjoyed  Hyorin Unnie’s and Ailee’s company even with that short span of time.

 

The reporter then advanced with a related question, “Is the team work better than T-ara?”  How do I answer this..

 

“Ummm. I spent more time with T-Ara so..” I didn’t need to explain it in detail, right?

 

But the reporter seemed so interested with it or rather intrigued, “You  mean the time for T-ara in the contract?”

 

“No.no.no. I meant the time we spent so far..”

 

“So you don’t have to see each other anymore?” this reporter was trying to make an issue when there’s nothing to start with in the first place.

 

“No, I didn’t mean anything like that.”

 

 “How is it with the male members starring in Dream high?” one of the reporters fished for another issue to work upon since they didn’t find any with T-ara.

 

“ To tell the truth..”I hope the way I was blushing right now, I won’t get notice, I really am obvious when I’m having a crush on someone, I then proceeded first with Jinwoon oppa, “I haven’t had many scenes with Jinwoon oppa. Right now, yeah we don’t know much about each other.”

 

 Jinwoon oppa affirmed my answer and added naughtily, “Yeah, we’re planning on knowing each other maybe day after tomorrow.”

 

I started fanning myself ‘cause I don’t know how to properly describe how is it with JB-ssi, whatever, come what may, “ JB and I are the same age so we are comfortable with each other. And Siwoo oppa and I aren’t that comfy with each other yet.”

 

 It’s getting really hot here, I hope they would stop at this point but based from my intuition, they wouldn’t and so I was right, the reporter wanted to dig more , “Out of the three of them, even a little tiny bit, who do you like the most as a man?”

 

Kyaaaa.. I felt butterflies on my stomach! I lowered my head because I couldn’t wipe away the foolish smile across my face, but I just had to give them an answer at least,

 

“They are all a man so they are just a man,” Flail me, I really don’t think I could get away just like that.  

 

“Who’s the most manly?”See? I knew it.  They won’t let me get away that easily. They aren’t reporters if they did. I was fool enough to try avoiding the matter. They won’t stop until they get satisfied with answers.

 

“I think it’s probably JB who had more time with me in the scene,” I cheerfully glanced at JB reassuring that I was just being honest, that it was of no malice at all, “ And because he took care of me the most.” Yeah. There’s no point of denying anyway, he really was taking care of me even though we didn’t really know each other. 

 

“Oh really? JB ssi,” I gave the mic to JB after sensing that he was the next prey,

 

“Are you taking care of her because you like her or..” I could hear the drums rolling.. LOL. XD

 

“No.” What? Did I hear him right? Now I could hear nothing.. “I just do it because we are same age and I can agree with her more.”

Ouch.  That actually hurt a little. Reporter-nim, I’m begging you to stop it already. Ask him other matters that doesn’t include me. I don’t like the path this interview is going into.

 

 “Just because you’re the same age then you won’t see Jiyeon as a girl then, right?”

 

 WAEEEE? Don’t do this to me reporter-nim, what kind of question is that? It’s getting really awkward here.

 

 “Hmmm.” Why is he prolonging my agony?  “Not yet.” 

 

What’s that supposed to mean? =.=

 

“Not yet, huh, just a friend right now?” This reporter didn’t know when to stop, he kept rubbing it in.

 

 “Yes,” he laughed and added, “Just a friend so far,” Some friend huh, what do I expect here actually? Why am I being ridiculous? He’s always so aloof with me anyway, oh well, whatever.  

 

“There are lots of girls here but who do you want to have a loveline with in a drama?”

 

 “Hmm, in a drama..” I was literally crossing my fingers, although we’re just friends, we had more time in the set so.. 

 

“Hyorin-ssi?” YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! Reporter-nim! Why do you have to interrupt?!

 

“Yes, because of her carefreeness.” Of course. Just because I chose him as the most manly earlier doesn’t mean he needed to choose me also! But somehow I just felt unfair all the same.

 

“Do you like that personality?” Aishhh. This is all your fault reporter-nim! Why did you have to in?! >_<

 

“Yeah. I like people who are carefree.” Yeah. Hyorin unnie’s being carefree is really attractive…

 

“Ah really. Then it’s hyorin-ssi.” Yeah. Don’t forget that you shoved it right through his mouth so..

 

“Then, how about you Hyorin-ssi?” This reporter totally ruined this day for me. :/

 

“I think you’re acting strange today.” He’s too greedy with answers even.

 

“Me?”  Ah-huh;the one and only you who wasn’t patient enough to wait for a proper answer.

 

“You are too offensive today,” Yeah. And Unfair.

 

“Too harsh,” I resentfully added.

 

“Was I today?” No. Maybe tomorrow and even the day after tomorrow. =.= He’s starting to get on my nerves.

 

“Yes, please control it a bit oppa,” her candid answer made everyone laughed. Hyorin unnie sure is blunt. No wonder guys could easily get attracted with her.

 

We then moved onto the group photoshoots. JB and I were always standing next to each other, as per director’s and press’ wishes. Somehow, I felt awkward beside him after what he said to the press earlier. After this, I don’t know how to approach him on the filming set tomorrow. I’m quite bitter of him for not choosing me. He wasn’t thinking right, I mean, I chose him but he didn’t choose me? Did I just get dumped publicly? Oh no, I didn’t. He just didn’t want to hurt Hyorin unnie’s feelings since the reporter already mentioned her! Aigoo, I couldn’t help but feel inferior; My pride was just hurt. Again. He’s always like that. He’s making me feel unwanted. He treats me differently. Yeah he was taking care of me, like giving me hot packs when it was freezing in the set, asking me if I’d already eaten, but that’s because he’s a natural gentleman and he was probably doing that to everyone.

I’ve greatly noticed that he was always so carefree and comfortable with everyone on the cast except me. When he’s with me, he… he just seemed so reserved and formal. Yeah, we already rehearsed once but that’s because I offered him to, perhaps if I didn’t approach him then, maybe he wouldn’t even want to rehearse with me. And the last time I taught him, I was so sure he was just being nice. He didn’t want to embarrass me since I already caught him red-handed.

I am starting to hate the reporter who pushed him to choose Hyorin unnie! If he didn’t in, maybe he would.. No, maybe the answer’s still the same.  It’s not like he was attracted in me or something. I remembered yesterday how he seemed to not find any attraction in me. I’m not that kind of girl who’s hungry for the attention of a namja; it just irks me how he seemed so uninterested with me.

After filming yesterday, I was heading my way outside the set hurriedly to catch up with my appointment with my T-ara unnies. I was holding a lot of things and accidentally slipped off my grasp from some of it due to my weariness. I hated myself for being this clumsy sometimes. When I started picking up my things, to my surprise, JB was actually there helping me with my scattered stuff on the ground. See? He’s a gentleman.

 

While we’re at it, his hand landed on my hand accidentally since we were aiming to pick for the same thing. Usually for typical dramas, the girl and the boy would awkwardly stare at each other for a moment there, totally forgetting about the thing they were supposedly to be picking up then when awareness occur to them, they would tend to look away out of embarrassment, I’m a bit of hopelessly romantic when it comes to things like this so I expected that somehow something close to that would actually happen but there happened the element of surprise.

 

As I looked up to him, he immediately gathered my things and gave them to me.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to..”

 

And then he was bowing to me profusely like he did some sort of criminal offense, “I’m sorry Jiyeon-ssi.”

 

Like what? Why is he apologizing? I have a feeling this guy seriously doesn’t like me. And today’s press conference just confirmed that he officially didn’t want anything to do with me. Fine. I don’t give a damn. I’m after all a professional so I won’t let it get to me, he’s just my co-star so why would I bother myself with him? It’s not like I actually like him even, it’s just that I find him cute, that’s all.

 

I maintained a cheerful façade for the whole duration of the group photoshoot. I really hoped this day would end already ‘cause the reporters were even asking JB and I to get even closer for the photos! Hello? They were trying really hard earlier to put Hyorin unnie and JB for a loveline and yet they wanted us to be next to each other now? And even closer? I wanted to scream to them to let JB stand next to Hyorin unnie instead! Aisssh. What the heck’s wrong with these reporters?

 

I know I’m overreacting.. =.= I really hated it when my inferiority complex is overtaking my system. All I want is to end this event already, I badly wanted to be comforted by my T-ara unnies. T__T

 

Finally, we all bid our goodbyes. When I bid JB goodbye, I gave him my most awkward smile because I was thinking at the back of my mind, JB! Don’t you know you were being really unfair earlier?