Wedding Canary needs a Songbird

Kingdom of Kpop

 

Wedding Canary Needs a SongBird - 3. 

A tall man with golden canary wings stood in place of the small bird, his mohawk gelled to slick back. His eyes were curved into a smile, his exotic tanned skin stood out between us. A designed bandana tied around his forehead. He grinned and waved.
 
"Annyeongsayo, my name is Taeyang." The tall man introduced himself, politely.
 
"Well, hi, tall canary guy." I replied. "Didn't expect you to be here."
 
Both of us stared at each other, awkwardly. I tightened my mouth into a straight line, what do you say to a bird who just turned into a tall korean guy? The journey hardly started and this happened. You would expect a half-dragon alien to pop up. 
 
I just jinxed that.
 
"So, is that guy your boyfriend?" Taeyang asked.
 
"EH?" We shouted, inching from each other. 
 
"She's too weird!" 
 
"Says the guy with the seaweed head." 
 
"It's called FASHION SENSE, you should try it sweet-heart, grass-stains are out of season." 
 
"Ha! With blue fur on your back?"
 
"IT'S CALLED ORIGINALITY."
 
"Mm-hm." 
 
Taeyang rolled his eyes, laughing. "Never mind, just forget that I asked." He started to fiddle with a silver band on his fourth finger, spinning it absentmindly. 
 
"..Are you a single husband?" I asked. He looked way too young to be married much less divorced. 
 
"Of course not, he's obviously cheating on his wife. That's why he was so subtle to asking you," G-dragon explained. "If you want to cheat on your wife, I think you should go with someone taller and more good-looking." He whispered as if I wasn't there.
 
"I'M RIGHT HERE." I shouted.
 
"Guys, I'm not cheating on my wife; I didn't even get married. Just stop fighting please." He pleaded. 
 
Jiyoung and I exchanged devil glares than back at Taeyang.
 
"Go on."
 
Then, it started. His entire life story. Taeyang was friends with a woman with secret feelings for her, he was trying to find a time to propose but his friend kept interrupting him. One day, when they were at a club, determined, he brought her out in the hallway. He was taking out of the ring from the back-pocket of his skinny jeans until, his friend came into the hallway and slipped a ring on the girl's finger. Of course, the girl was completely oblivious to Taeyang and invited him to play piano for the wedding. Now, he's looking for a girl. 
 
"Oh wow, that's sad. I'm sorry but I'm not interested in dating." I explained. 
 
He nodded. "Understandable."
 
"Isn't there any other girl you have in mind? You know, girls who aren't this little midget?" GD asked, shrugging. I knocked on his head like a wooden door, but I didn't say a word. ..Out loud anyway.
 
Taeyang blushed, "Well, uh, I already said too much." 
 
Jiyoung and I grinned and lean in closer. 
 
We both stared at each other, waiting for him to reveal his secret crush. 
 
"Okay, if YOU MUST KNOW, there's this girl-"
 
"Figured." We chorused. 
 
"..Named IU. She's a songbird." The canary finished, bashfully. 
 
GD smirked, mischeviously. 'What is seaweed head thinking up now..' I thought.  "Well, Taeyang, let's make a deal. If you show us, how to get to the sky. I promise you that you and UI-
 
"IU."
 
"Right, IU can be Mr. Simple or some mushy nickname like that. I don't know, I don't listen to Super Junior." 
 
"..Really?" Taeyang asked, I gave Jiyoung a look and thought: 'Really?' 
 
"Really." He answered, nodding his head. 
 
"..Gosh, I don't know..what if-what if, she doesn't like me and it fails like the proposal?" 
 
"Would it help, if I said, I promised?" His eyes held a look, I never saw before: Sincerity. The Canary's broken eyes reflected and I bet, he saw it twinkle as well. 
 
"Deal." GD's fifth finger around Taeyang's fourth finger, the rejected ring glinted in the sunlight.
 
 "Alright, first, you have to contact the Thunder God and Smiling Angel in the large castle, north-east from where we are." He pointed to a shape in the distance, barely reaching over the grassy hilltops. "They know what to do." 
 
A golden scroll appears in his hands, as he plucked a golden winged feather and wrote in ink for mercy. Suddenly, his attractive figure shape-shifts into a small animal as the notice drops into Jiyoung's hand. Only a canary stood place as it glided into the blue sky.
 
"Promise!" He cried.