Chapter 19: Confrontation

The Song in My Heart

A/N: Annyeong~ Another update..Shout-outs to ClaireJoyFaith and penguin_seobbie_05. Thank you so much for subscribing and giving me the much-needed motivation! Two subscribers after one update?? xD So happy right now...And thankful to all of you loyal readers out there! Enjoy~


Taeyang POV continued:

 

            I check my watch as I push, or shove, open the lobby doors and march up to the front desk before I have an impulse to change my mind and go back.

            Let's get straight to the point. “Is B2ST in?”

            “Sorry but no, they left here a couple hours ago. Is there anything else I can help you with?”

            “No..." I sigh, "Thanks,” while heading back outside. I lean against the wall with my hands stuffed in my pockets. They’ll come back soon...hopefully.

 

Yoseob POV:

 

            “Yahhhh,” Doojoon rants. “You should’ve been there. The jajangmyun was to die for!”

            We're all heading back to the hotel together, because IU and I had bumped into the rest of B2ST as we each had just finished dinner. I grin and turn to look back at Doojoon behind me. “Yahhhh…You should’ve been there. The bibimbap was to die for!”

            I smile triumphantly at the sight of his taken-aback expression. He makes a sudden motion with his fist. “Aish…” he mutters under his breath. I laugh, and soon we all spot the familiar building up ahead. IU hugs my right arm, while Hyunseung, Dongwoon, and Gikwang are singing Lightless very loudly and off-key around us. I have half a mind to join in, but IU interrupts my thoughts.

            “Yoseob-ah,” she whispers. “Gomaweo for dinner! And this milkshake.” She shakes her almost-empty cup. I sling my arm around her shoulders in reply.

            Soon, we've arrived at the hotel entrance. “Let’s give the lovebirds some alone time.” Doojoon smirks at his own statement, and the rest of B2ST follows him, while IU and I stay outside. She turns and stares at me with her big eyes. They make her look even more innocent and angelic.

            “Oppa,” she says. “Promise me we’ll always be together?”

            The darkness suddenly ripples in the corner of my eye, and a sarcastic voice echoes in the night. “Aww, isn’t that sweet?”

            We both immediately whip around to see the guy who had punched me last night. I glare at him and push IU behind me, but she comes back around so that we're beside each other. Her grip is tight on my arm.

            “Get out of here,” she hisses. My eyes widen, and I step around to block her again.

            “Relax, I’m not going to give him another bruise.” He smirks, his gaze directed at IU.

            “Leave her alone." I don't like the look in his eyes. "What do you want now?” My voice is about to crack, but I manage to keep it steady. “Look, if this is about Suhyun…”

            “It is,” he interrupts. “But I came here to talk to you. Alone.” He says the last word with contempt and glances at IU.

            I turn to her. She looks at me with those eyes, now full of fear, but I nudge her toward the doors. “Go inside. I’ll be fine,” I reassure, although I’m not too confident in my own words. She hesitates but slowly heads into the hotel, repeatedly glancing back at me. When she finally looks away from the two of us, I face the guy in front of me. Dim light is casting shadows on his indifferent expression.

            “Who exactly are you anyway?” I ask, making sure my voice sounds untrusting. At least as best I can. I'm really not used to this kind of thing.

            “The name’s Taeyang. Suhyun’s long-time friend, in case you weren’t aware.”

            I cross my arms and stare him down. “What was your problem last time? Suhyun and I are friends too.”

            He leans against the wall and stares into the darkness, right past my head. “I’d like to apologize on behalf of me beating you up. There was a slight misunderstanding.”

            “Slight? I had to lie to everyone about why I had a huge bruise under my eye.” He looks at me quickly but loses some tension after I add, “And no, I didn’t give you away.”

            “Thanks,” he mutters, clearly unhappy about acknowledging my words. “And one more thing…I'm warning you now, not to mess around with Suhyun.”

            My eyebrows scrunch together. “Mweo?”

            “She idolizes you, Yang Yoseob, so don’t hand her the wrong idea. If you try playing with her or hurting her, I’m going to add to the damage on your face, got it?”

            “I wasn’t planning on doing anything like that. I’m not that kind of person,” I reply with a bit of disbelief.

            “Good,” he sighs, getting up from the wall. “Just a warning. Later.” He walks away, and I stand there lost in thought for a few minutes. I actually think I'm more confused than last time. The wrong idea?...Suhyun's my friend, what's wrong with that? She doesn't see it differently…right?...    

           

IU POV:

 

            I peer around the corner of the inside wall for the umpteenth time and finally spot Yoseob alone outside, uninjured. My God. I give a sigh of relief, but thoughts immediately run wild in my head. Suhyun AGAIN? There’s something not right about that girl. Why is she making such a big deal with Yoseob? I know she’s not just a fan. She’s something else too. And I’m going to find out.