Day with Key

Key, my fake gay boyfriend

 

“Keyyyyyyyyyyy where are you taking me!?!?!” you whine as key runs faster dragging your arm behind you.

“WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAA” He says laughing speeding up more. Finally you finally stopped and after of few minutes of catching your breath you see that Key has dragged you to heaven on earth…

“THE MALLLLLLLLLLL!!!” you squeal jumping up and down hugging him. You never really have a chance to go shopping because you were almost always working or hanging out with Key, so the chance to go to the mall was like a miracle!

“Let’s be honest honey you and I BOTH know you need some new clothes and don’t even get me started on your split ends! So like a good friend I took it upon myself to drag you to the mall against the will to take on the challenge of making you BEAUTIFUL!!!” he sings skipping around you like the little puppy he is. You roll your eyes and giggle you were use to his comments on your hair, clothes, nails, and decorating skill but you could never imagine that he would actually do something about it! Not wanting to waste anytime he grabs your arm again and drags you through the double doors.

“Omo…” you say breathlessly admiring all the stores to choose from, of course you had not time to stare because Key was already dragging you to the nearest store.

All the different colors and styles hit you as you entered the trendy, brightly lit store. It  seemed deserted, which was odd because this seemed like a popular place to be.

“I wonder why there is no one else but us here?” you say walking to the middle of the store.

“Let’s just say I have a friend who owes me a favor” he says giggling, “Pick whatever you like money is no problem.” he says gesturing to all the high priced clothes around you.

“I-I-I don’t even know where to start!” you say as you look through all the different racks of clothes.

“WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK I’M HERE FOR!?!?” Key says jumping around. He grabs your hands and throws you into the nearest changing area. At first you just stood there, then not even a minute later Key was shoving outfit, after outfit over the top of  door until this already claustrophobic space was flooded with outfits of every shape, color and style. Laughing at the insanity of this you strip off your worn out outfit and try on the first thing Key chose.

For a full hour you had ‘flaunt’ every outfit he chose for you and he would not be satisfied unless you did a different pose for every outfit. And if Key wasn’t happy, no one was… In the end you ended up buying many decent outfit and one that was, “ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR THAT IT JUST HAD TO BE SHARED WITH THE WORLD” as Key put it so that meant that Key wouldn’t give you your clothes back so you ended upleaving in…

“Okay I’m beautiful now, can you take me home?” you say half nervous, half uncomfortable with all the eyes staring at you. He giggles pleased with his work and shakes his head, “Oh no no no no no no noooooooo! I have plenty of more FUN things for us to do” he says with a evil smile.

“Oh dear god here we go again…” you say as he takes your hands and drags you AGAIN throughout the mall. Which was hard considering you were in heels. Surprisingly, without even breaking a heel, Key takes you up three flights of stair to go to another, deserted, trendy nail salon.

“Lemme guess, your ‘friend’” you say

“Maybe…” he says giving you a triangle smile. He holds open the door open for you, impatiently he gestures for you to go on in. Without argument, you hesitantly walked in.

“Annyeonghaseyo” is the first thing you hear when you walk in. Every employee was in a line, all bowed to welcome you two.

“I know it’s not the nicest place, but I hear they give the best foot massages and that their nail designs are cute.” he says apologetically

“THIS. ISN’T. THE. NICEST. PLACE?!?!” you say not even comprehending the words that just came out our his mouth. Everything was white even the chair, there were at five, no six different rooms. Not to mention that the store was like 3 times bigger than your house with a chandelier that maybe even cost more then the Seoul Tower! You stand in awe as a petite salesgirl walks up to you and hands you a white piece of paper. Your jaw dropped if the nail polish fumes didn’t make you pass out it was the prices that would.

“One million won for a manicure?!?!?” you say in disbelief

“I know really cheap huh?” he says skipping to the counter where another petite salesgirl waited for us

“Have you made your decision?” she says kindly. 

“Um…” you say looking down at the white paper you were handed to earlier trying to pick out the cheapest thing, which was really hard to do with these ridiculous prices

“I guess I’ll just get a manicure with this color…” you say picking out the sparkly clear coat.

“No, no, no, no, NO! Ugh she’ll have the french manicure and pedicure and one of your nail design, preferably floral. And for me…..” he says looking at the paper once more, “I’ll have a manipedi with a foot massage and a hot towel with it” he says smiling. The girl smiles once again and gestures for you to follower her.

‘Of course he would’ you think as you follower the saleslady. She leads you into a room where all the pedicure chairs were. She gestures for both of you to take a seat and hesitantly you sit by the one farthest from the entrance. I didn’t matter if you were all alone except for Key, you still didn’t want anyone to see you. When the ladies who were suppose to give you a pedicure you started getting nervous. You were extremely ticklish on your feet and you were terrified that you would end up kicking the poor lady who. So no matter how much it tickled you held on to the arm rest for dear life.
“Heheehe…” you snort trying not to move your feet. Key laughs at your struggle while he seems complete comfortable not even the least bit ticklish. After you were finished with the tickle fight from Satan, it was time to hobble over to the hand station so that you wouldn’t mess up the polish on your toes. It took Key a little while longer because of the foot massage he wanted, but soon he was right next to you inspecting your nails before she started adding the design.

“Ooooo so pretty…” he says lifting your hand up to the light which made you laugh even more. Taking his sweet time, he carefully places your hand back on the table, giving the nail desginer a thumbs up for the good work she did, before he went to his nail station to get MANicure (see cause he’s a man and he’s getting a MANICURE haha I’m hilarious). 

Once you finally payed and left the store you immediately felt a millions eyes locked onto you, and for once you didnt mind…  Sure you werent use to the attention but hey, you looked hot. So as Brian Joo would say “I AM BEAUTIFUL AND YOU IS PITIFUL!” so you took this opportunity to flaunt it and treated the floor like a catwalk. You could tell Key was pleased with his work. Following your footsteps he strikes a pose every ten seconds all the way back to parking lot while you just dropped it like its hot. Everyone at the mall was entertained and managed to get some pictures which no doubt would make you internet famous by tomorrow.

Having your grand finale with your final pose you fall to the ground laughing at how stupid you two were being. Key does his final pose and then helps you up.

“Okay now that I’m done making a utter fool of myself now what?” you say mentally preparing yourself for whatever crazy thing Key would have planned. He doesnt respond but gives you a look that makes your blood run cold… He grabs your hand and takes you walking to busy street with a lot of people that were either looking at you or Key. You try to hide behind him but he would yank you by his side every time. After a good ten minutes of that his car finally arrived. You hurry in while the people take their phones out in attempts to take to get one photo of you two together. You slide over to the middle uncomfortably while Key follows behind you. Both of you were not talking so to occupy yourself you just randomly start dancing in your seat. It wasnt till long that the silence was broken by Key’s cackle.

“LEAVE ME BE!” you scream still continuing to dance like a squirrel on a sugar high.

“YOU JUST JEALOUSSSSS!!!” You scream even louder which mad Key AND the driver die from laughing. Soon you were all dancing, laughing, and singing  like total fools. By the time the car came to a stop in front of a fancy looking restaurant you all had tears in your eyes and were gasping for air.

“Okay…….haha-okay…. Okay we’re here” Key sat to laugh anymore. You continue giggling like crazy while you both  get out of the van, Key thanks the driver again and while wiping the tears from your eyes he leads you into the dimly lit restaurant where all you could  see were rich couples, drunk heiresses, and hopeless gold diggers.  

“Um….” you say, Key knew this wasn’t your thing so why on Earth would he bring you here? He leaves you there to go talk to the hostess, more like flirt, she overflowing with BAD aegyo she kept batting her eyes, twirling  her hair and hanging all over him like cheap drapes. You couldn’t help but roll your eyes at how pathetic she was being, in other words, YOU WERE JEAOUSSSSSSSSSSS. Key smiles at hostess while she goes to talk to the manager, he walks back over to you with a big smile on his face while you just glared at him.

“I see you made a new friend…” you say giving him the dagger eyes.

“What? Oh that. That was nothing, I had to find some way to-…. Never mind I’ll just show you.” he says grabbing your hand.  He walks you through the maze of tables till you reach a door in the back of the  restaurant that had a sign that said ‘EMPLOYEES ONLY’ ignoring the sign he drags you up the stairs to room that looked like it was used for parties.

There was one long table and the rest were love seats and chairs. The whole room was  surrounded by windows and the few lights they had were all at the brightest setting possible.

“I know your not really into the whole dim light, classy music thing, so my ‘friend’ suggest coming up here. The reason I was talking to the hostess was to convince her to let us use the second floor. And being famous wasnt enough for her, so I had to turn on the charm was extremely hard for me so you better be happy that you’re my best friend.” he says crossing his arms and sticking his tongue out at you. You hug softly as a sort of apology thank you thing. He uncrosses his arms and drags you over to one of the white couches. One of the waiters comes over carrying a large plastic bag. Key grabs the bag smiling at the waiter and giving him a wink. The waiter bows appreciatively and leaves you two alone.

“Um… ok” you say as Key unpacks the bag. There was nothing but take out containers inside.

“Okay what is this?!” you say holding up on of the containers, “You make a big fuss over this restaurant and then you bring me up to this AMAZING loungelikeplace to give  me take out!” you say laughing at him. 

“Yah! Shut up and open the box” he says unpacking the rest of the containers.(REALLY IDK HOW TO DESCRIBE THIS ITS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD KAY?)


“Wha-what?” you say looking down at the food surprised that he actually remembered.

“When my friend suggested the place I went to look at the menu and I highly doubt you want to eat snails even though they are quite delicious, but hey I’m not complaining.” he says trying to sound all high and mighty. 

“Thank you I will eat well!” you say. You pick up your chopsticks/fork/spoon/ect and begin eating happily.

Everything was going on as normal as possible. You were both laughing, talking, stealing off  each others plate just as you have done years before, but you noticed that something seemed different. Whenever Key would talk, it would seem like he had something else on his mind, he was more distracted and  no matter how many jokes you made he would still look the same.

INSERT NAME HERE, can I talk to you about something important?” 

“Hm?”  you say with a mouthful of food

“There’s something I’ve wanted to ask for a long time…” he says completely serious

“And what would that be?” you say refusing to put down your food. He pauses for a moment to think about what to say

“I… want to talk about us…”

 

“Us? What do you mean us?” you say nearly chocking on your food.

“Well….. I’ve…. Um UH…. Started to have uh…..different feelings….for you” he says shyly keeping his head down.

“Different feelings?….. Oh that’s why you did this!” you say standing up so that your train of thought doesn’t leave you

“What!?” he says nervous about what you would say next.

“Omo it all makes sense now…. the shopping, your ‘friend’ the unearthly amounts of money you spent…” you say pacing around the room

“Um….” he says more nervous than before.

“You’re afraid that I’ve replaced you as my friend!” you say sympathetically/touched that he would be jealous over something like this.

“What?”

“I mean I know you’ve been gone for a while but you should know that I could never replace you as my best friend! I mean who could replace you? There’s no one else in the world like my Kibum!” you say hugging all the air out of him.

“Uh…. um…uh yeah I-i-i guess…” he stutters trying to comprehend what just happened.

He kept trying to escape from your arms but you wouldnt let him, you wanted him to know how much you care about him no matter what and no two second hug would describe it. So for a good five minutes you were practically squeezing the life right out of him.

Finally he managed to slip away with a permanent look of pure pain and disappointment considering he just got the piss squeezed out of him by a girl. You giggled apologetically not realizing that you hurt him that much and continue eating your food pretending like nothing ever happened. Key still look distracted and a little sad but being the actor he is, he hid it well.

Through the rest of meal everything went somewhat normal, you both talked like nothing even happened but you kept trying to make him smile or compliment him. And every time you did he would smile and sometime return a compliment.

After dragging out the meal for as long as you possibly could it was finally time to leave. You were happy to go home and take this war paint off, but you were also sad because you knew that the time was up for you to be Cinderella and you were soon going to be pumpkin.

You both walk down the stairs to the once popular overpriced snooty restaurant that was now nearly deserted. Bowing to all the employees on your way out you both go to the black van that was waiting for you outside.

Key looked tired and a bit sick which made you incredibly worry because he had been looking pale all throughout the meal.

You tried “dancing” again in attempts to make him smile, and no matter how bad he looked he would always laugh and gave you that look that basically said ‘you are a complete idiot’. Soon you just stopped entirely and just sat there.

The car was coming closer to your apartment but soon passed it by.

“Wha-what I thought we were done with the surprises!?” you yell.

Key and the driver said noting and just started laughing. Giving up on him you just sit there started grumbling under your breath about how much you started to hate these “surprises” considering the fact it was late you were tired and you had work. “What could you have possibly done now” you grumble to yourself which only made him laugh even harder.

Soon you found yourself in a familiar neighborhood, you couldn’t remember how you knew it but you did. The park that the car stopped beside is what stood out the most.  The car finally stopped by a shady are with a small pond and many trees.Besides the pond there many things that you would find in a park: a swing set a play are for kids exercise equipment fro adults ect.. Other than that it was completely normal. Just a park. Nothing fancy like a string quartet waiting. No big band waiting just a park. A occasional jogger but other than that it was completely empty

“Wha-?” you say getting out of the car.

“Just think about it…” he says getting out also and walking over to the pond. Completely confused you slowly walk over to him and really start looking around you.

The neighborhood seemed VERY familiar. There were many apartment complexes, all very colorful. Chalk drawings were everywhere and it seemed like a perfect place to raise a family.

“OH!” you say finally realizing where they were.

“Bout time…” he says staring at the pond.

All at once memories of this neighborhood, this park came flooding back to you.

It was summer you were about seven, maybe eight. You were out playing at the park while your mom was talking to a neighborhood mom. You were on your way to the play area like most kids would but was stopped at the sandbox by one of the girls that lived next to you.

You never really talked to her or knew her very well, all you knew was that her parents were very rich and almost every girl wanted to sit with her at lunch.

“Excuse me” you say mouse like

“No.” she says simply

“Huh?” you say confused

“You’re not allowed to play on my playground.” she says completely serious.

“I’m sorry I don’t think you own the park” you say trying to decide if she was kidding or not.

“No one likes you and everyone likes me. So you don’t get to play at my park. You’re just not cool enough to hang with us. So why dont you just go back to your mommy!” she says pushing you on the and walking away to play hopscotch with a few of your “friends”. Just as you were about to start crying one of the boys that was actually allowed on the playground came down from the slide. You thought he was going to kick dirt in your face or something along those lines. But instead, he helped you up.

“Yah! Ki Bum!” she says gesturing for him to come back to the playground. Instead of running back like any other kid would do he just nodded his head and made sure that you weren’t hurt to badly.

“Yah! Did you not hear me!? We are about to play house and you have to be the Dad so come on!” she says grabbing his arm and trying to pull him back with her. Quickly he shook his arm free and continued to see if you were hurt. Once he was one-hundred percent sure you weren’t hurt he finally turned around to face her.

“Common!” she whines

“No, I dont wanna.” he says. You could tell she was incredibly hurt by the fact someone actually said ‘no’ to her.

“if you play with her then you can’t play with us!” she says trying to sound threatening

“That’s fine I don’t want to play with a meanie like you!” he says. That just about slapped her in the face. Being called a meanie was like the ultimate insult to a eight year old. Not able to think of a clever comeback she walks back to the playground to play house with no father.

“Hi! I’m Kim Ki Bum!” he says bowing politely. You bow shyly back not sure what to say considering you have never talked to him before or really even knew him. “Let’s go feed the ducks!” he says grabbing your arm and dragging you over to the pond before you even had a chance to object. (sound familiar?)

“This is where we first met.” you finally say staring at the pond. He doesn’t respond but just sighs and sits down on the grass remembering that day like you had before.

“After all this time… You still remembered?” you say siting next to him.

“How could I forget? This is the place where I met my best friend..” he says quietly.

“You know….. You’re a really great friend. To do all this? I haven’t felt this pretty or special in forever. You give me hope for males in this world even if you’re gay!” you say laughing to yourself.

“What?!” he yells shocked.

“What?! It’s not like you did a very good job of hiding it..” you say shrugging your shoulders trying not to offended him in anyway. He responds by making weird gasping noises.

“I have met many guys and time after time they have turned out to be idiot douchebags. But you, you give me hope a guy that isn’t attracted to me in any way that could do all of this?” you say laughing once again. He still doesn’t reply mostly because his face is still frozen with shock

“I have made many mistakes and i’m gonna make many more. But you, I hope you meet a nice guy cause you really deserve one. I mean you are talented, caring, and all around a amazing person and personally anybody guy or girl would be lucky to have yo-” you start to say but was cut of by Key’s lips suddenly coming to yours.

At first you were shocked I mean who wouldn’t be? It seemed as if he was shocked also. Soon though he became more relaxed and comfortable as his hands slowly moved up to the sides of your face as if to make sure you didn’t move so that this moment could never end. You still, were shocked and didn’t bother fighting back because you were frozen to that spot anyway. It was only when your eyes began to close that you noticed you were kissing him back. Soon this once tender kiss was becoming more breathtaking than you could ever imagine. Each second you could feel yourself getting dizzier as you loss yourself in his caress (thanks Syd) (heller this isn’t even what I sent you~). After what seemed like a eternity you finally pushed away unable to breathe anymore. “So does this mean……. You’re not gay?!” you laugh breathlessly.