A Game

Survive or Die

 

Soohyun ran towards their direction and took out his knife abruptly causing the girls to shriek and scream at the action.

 

“YAH! Are you crazy?!” Hyomin screamed at the said boy.

 

He looked at them with panic-filled eyes and mumbled something incoherent.

 

“Mwo?”

“There’s a tiger!”

 

   As if on cue, a tiger’s roar was heard and the boys came running out of the forest. A tiger emerged from the woods and terrified screams and shouts were heard. They ran in all directions trying to get away from the killer.

 

   Eunjung quickly jumped to her feet and grabbed a knife from the table. Hoya, Gikwang, Yongguk and Doojoon tried to distract the beast while Minho tried to kill it. He crept up slowly behind the tiger and was about to the knife into it when the cat turned around and clawed his arm. He fell and grabbed his wounded arm. Minho staggered backwards as it came nearer. Gikwang grabbed the knife that fell and managed to cut its leg. The tiger roared in pain and clawed his head. Yongguk took action and climbed onto the said cat but fell and was stepped on.

 

Doojoon quickly threw a blade that pierced the beast. The tiger having found a new target was charging for him but not before being blocked by Eunjung. She got on top of the beast and took out her knife and slit his throat. She lost her balance and fell down. the tiger quickly scratched her arm. She got her blade and slid underneath the beast and the blade into its body, cutting it from the neck to the stomach. With one last roar, it laid lifeless.

 

   She shakily got up and walked towards the group of girls. Their faces were pale. Hyomin was the first one to recover; her dry lips she tried to force the words out of .

 

“J-junggie?”
 

Tired eyes stared at her for a few seconds before Eunjung’s body gave in and collapsed.

 

“Junggie!!”

 

 

 

Black.

 

 

 

That was what she saw, the dark. Faint sobs were heard which alarmed the girl. Was she dead?

 

“J-junggie- Y-you n-ne..-ed to g-get... u-up!”

 

That was Soyeon’s voice. She willed her eyes to open but her eyelids suddenly felt heavy like there were bricks on them.

 

“J-junggie..”

 

Hyomin. Damn.

 

She knew she needed to get up. She tried again and could open her eyes slightly. The sunlight blinded the girl for a few seconds. She heard them gasp and sighed in relief. The first thing she saw was a red-eyed Soyeon.

 

“Junggie? Junggie!! Thank god you’re finally awake!”

“Umma? Huh? What happened? Why am I covered in blood? Why does Kwang look like a mummy?”

 

Everyone who knew Soyeon would know the girl is a second mother to them. They got used to the idea and some called her ‘umma’ for fun.

 

“You don’t remember?” Hyomin spoke up.

“Nothing. Last I recall was a tiger came out of the bushes. Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. Thanks for saving us.”
“Saving you?”

“Actually, saving all of us.”

 

Eunjung blinked at the two. Surely, there was no way she saved them right? Noticing the confused expression on the latter’s face, Hyomin and Soyeon told her all that had happened a few hours ago.

 

   She still refused to believe them. The two girls faced each other; Hyomin’s face was confused while Soyeon was etched with worry. Boram came into the tent and went towards the girls.

 

“Kwang’s fine, just minor cuts and would be fully healed in a few days. Junggie, you okay?”

“Neh.. I’m fine.”

 

After assuring the three that she was indeed fine, she got out of the tent. Everyone stopped what they were doing and clapped their hands for their saviour.

 

“Junggie! Bravo!” Yoseob cheered.

“Yeah, thanks!” Soohyun joined him.

 

Jangwoo got up from tending Minho and walked towards her. He placed a hand on her forehead and one on his.

 

“You’re fever is nearly gone. You’ll be okay.” he smiled.

 

Eunjung’s cheeks were tinted pink and looked down on the suddenly interesting-looking ground.

 

“Oh, g-gomawo.”

 

 

 

 

 

The sun was setting, painting the sky a beautiful shade of pink, orange and purple. Soon enough, the stars and full moon were out. They were once again in a circle around the campfire.

 

“Urgh.. It’s only the second day and we were nearly mauled by a tiger.” Jessica said, annoyed.

“It’s okay at least we’re safe.” Myungsoo hugged his wife.

“Yeah, thanks to Junggie.” Dani piped in.

 

All heads turned to the girl.

 

“Thanks guys really. But I honestly don’t remember how I did it.”

“Must be adrenaline rush then.” Taesung suggested.

 

   This time, the heads turned towards the boy. Some wearing surprised looks and some gaped at him.

 

“What?”

“Nothing. I just- Wow. You actually said something that made sense.” Sunggyu said.

 

At that all of them nodded in agreement.

 

“Hey, you guys act like I can’t carry out a normal conversation.”

 

Yongguk was about to say something to that when-

 

“I mean, this is Lee Taesung we’re talking about here! The Superman of Korea, the Eastern Sherlock Holmes, the-”

“And there it is.” Dongwoon commented.

“Guys in all honesty, I’m bored.” Daesung groaned.

“How about we play a game?” Ahreum suggested.

“Like?”

“Truth or Dare!” Hwayoung chirped.

 

Everyone nodded their heads, agreeing.

 

“But, I hate that game. No, I loathe it. Last time you guys dared me to wear a hula skirt and dance in the middle of the mall for five minutes or you’d kidnap Byul!”

“Oh yeah. That was priceless.” Yongguk laughed remembering how Daesung was kicked out of the mall because of it.

 

Daesung let out a low growl.

 

“Hey, not my fault you’re overly attached to your dog!”

“Okay, enough. So are we playing or not?” Taeyeon questioned, irritated of the two.

 

Everyone agreed onto it and Jiyeon threatened Daesung that she’d shave Byul.

 

Having obviously lost and worried for his dog’s fur, he reluctantly agreed to the game but made everyone swear to not make him wear some silly get up.

 

“Okay, Yongguk will start.” Doojoon said.

“Let’s see...” his eyes scanned and smirked when he landed on Sunny.

“Sunny, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“You’re no fun!”

“Hey, you asked me so I choose truth so be quick with it.”

“Okay then, do you like Soohyun?”

“Used to when I was like six but then I realized he’s not worth my time.” she replied, unfazed.

 

Soohyun however was still processing her words and his eyes widen the size of saucers.

 

“You what?!”

“You heard me. Don’t worry, It was a petty crush nothing more. And you’re like my cousin. Just, no.”

“But-!!”

“Sunggyu, truth or dare?” quickly cutting him off.

“Dare.” he smirked.

“Okay, I dare you to take off your clothes and jump in the lake not far from here.”

“What?! It’s night and not to mention freezing cold!!”

“So? You still have to do it.” Bomi said, clearly amused with his dare.

 

He shot the girl a glare while she smiled innocently.

 

“And if I don’t do it?”

“You sleep outside for the rest of the week.” she smiled.

“WHAT?! ARE YOU NUTS?!! We were nearly killed by a tiger! Who knows what other things are out there?!!”

“A dare’s a dare.”

“Fine.”

 

All of them followed the two towards the lake and watched as Sunggyu took off his clothes, obviously regretting choosing a dare. Everyone wooed once he was only up to his boxers. He turned around and cursed them before diving into the water.

 

“. Cold!” he immediately jumped out of the water.

 

He went to get his clothes but they were stolen by Myungsoo who threw it to Jongup. The guys basically played catch while the girls were on the ground laughing their asses off. Hwayoung clutched her stomach and wheezed.

 

“I’m- huuhh.. so- glad- I-... suggested this t-thing!!”

 

After a few minutes of laughter, Soyeon decided she had enough and used her ‘umma tone’ and made them give back Sunggyu’s clothes. She earned thanks from Sunggyu later.

 

   A few confessions and dares later, it was Eunjung’s turn to choose. She was looking at each person and was considering her options. When her eyes landed on Ahreum though, she recalled a recent chat she had with the girl. Smiling in satisfaction, she called out the next victim.

 

“Hey, Reum-ah?”

“N-neh?”

“Umm... Do you honestly have no crush on anyone whatsoever?”

 

At the sound of the question, a few heads turned and was interested. She had the title of the girl who loved staying single.

 

Study freak.

 

Eunjung thought. Since they were in high school she’s been that way. 11 years and even with a job, she’s still the study freak. She’s doing her PhD currently though.

 

   She was amused with Ahreum now that she was twirling her long locks with her finger and sending a small glance to a certain someone. It went unnoticed, except for a Eunjung.

 

“I... Umm...”

“Remember, you can’t lie.” she reminded her.

“Fine! Yes, okay?! I like someone!” she screamed, irritated that her cheeks were turning pink and the pressure she was put under. Felt nothing like the pressure of work and studying.

 

 

They gaped at her and Dani and Hwayoung were laughing at the reactions. Her two best friends just found it funny that she’d been found out this way, especially when her crush was right there and oblivious to the whole ‘confession’ she indirectly just made.

 

“Mwoh?!?!”

“Who is it??”

“Ye- yeah, R-reummie. T-tell.... them.. Hahaha!!” Dani was laughing at the girl.

“Hey, one question only!” she crossed her arms.

 

   As revenge however, she chased Eunjung everywhere the whole night while the two girls laughed at her ‘misfortune’.

 

 

 

 

 

    As the sun rose, they started to stir in their sleep and wake up. Hyomin woke up first not that she was an early riser or anything, nope, she was far from it. It was a nightmare that woke her up. She got up in a jolt and rubbed her head. She saw her watch at the far corner of the tent and struggled to get it. Creeping expertly and without a noise she grabbed her watch.

 

5.40 a.m.

 

“Ughh... it’s too early to be up yet.” she mumbled.

“And it’s been two days with stupid nightmares. I swear, if I get it again tonight, Imma hop in one of Joonie’s jets and get the hell outta here.”

 

   She rubbed her eyes and started to look around and mentally counted the sleeping figures.

 

1. 2. 3?

.

.

.

Wait, where’s Jiyeon?!

 

Panicked, she started shaking the other two bodies to get up.

 

“Yah!! Appa, five more minutes!!”

“No, we don’t have time. Yeobo-ah, get up or I’ll kiss you.”

 

Soyeon shot up like a soilder.

 

“Ughh... What is it? Did Yeonnie want breakfast or something?” she asked irritated.

 

Eunjung ignored them and continued to snuggle with her teddy bear. She smiled feeling the furry toy tickle her nose.

 

“That’s the point, she’s not here!”

 

Soyeon’s eyes went wide at the statement and the two girls ran out of their tents. Hyomin realized her clothes which basically just a tank top and short shorts.

 

“ clothes! Yeonnie!!”

“Yeonnie!!” Soyeon yelled.

“Yeonnie-ah!!”

 

The two ran around and looked for her. After a good 10 minutes of searching, they sat around the ashes of campfire the night before. Those 10 minutes weren’t nice to their lungs.

 

“Aish! Where is she?! I swear, PARK JIYEON IF YOU DON’T COME OUT RIGHT NOW, I’LL BREAK YOUR ARM AND MAKE SURE YOU LOSE YOUR JOB!!”

 

    A rustling sound was heard from a tent.

 

“Great you just woke up everyone.”

 

Out came a girl who was rubbing her eyes.

 

“Neh appa? I don’t wanna lose my job...” she replied sleepily, eyes still half open.

“Oh my god, Yeonnie!” Soyeon ran to her daughter and checked if she was okay.

“Where were you?!”

“I got a better question. Why did you come out of Yongguk’s tent?”

“Ah? Yongguk? Oh, oppa... said... told... sleep...  him...” she slurred.

 

“WHAT?!” they both shouted in unison.

 

“Aish what’s with all the noise?” Yongguk came out scratching his head and was met by a furious Hyomin and Soyeon who was trying to hide her baby.

 

   He smiled when he saw his fiancée looked half-asleep. It was cute. He was about to wrap her into a hug when he felt a punch to his stomach which sent him flying onto the hard ground.

 

“! Hyomin! What was that for?!”

“You. What did you do to my daughter?!”

 

Huh? Wha-

 

Oh.

 

He looked down on his attire, a black tank top and boxers. He was ‘caught’ with Jiyeon, wearing that, in front of her overprotective ‘parents’.

 

Damn.

 

“I asked you a question, you freak! What. Did. You. Do. To. My. Daughter?”

“Listen, I think you got it mixed up, you see, last night we-“

 

She slapped him.

 

“I don’t need to know how you deflowered my baby!”

“I didn’t-“

 

She hit him.

 

“Shut up.”

“Listen, I-“
 

She tried punching his jaw but his hand caught hers.

 

“Look! Just calm yo and let me freaking explain!”

 

She didn’t move but glared lasers at him.

 

“What?” it was one word, one, that managed to destroy his will to explain.

 

“Well?”

 

Regaining his composure, he tried to explain as clearly and quick as possible. She didn’t have the best temper.

 

Well, what a hypocrite. I don’t have the best temper either.

 

“Look, Yeonnie was just scared that some tiger was gonna eat her up last night and she came by my tent at midnight. I told her she could sleep with me and you guys woke us up and you saw us but didn’t see what you think you saw. It was all a misunderstanding.”

 

Soyeon turned to Jiyeon for confirmation.

 

“Yes, umma, appa, I asked him if I could sleep with him. I was scared.”

 

At that, he let go of Hyomin’s hand and she turned around and walked to the lake trying to calm down the blaze that was raging within her. Soyeon brought Jiyeon back to their tent and tried to get some rest.

 

 

   Around eight o’clock, everyone got up. The girls started to make breakfast and the guys went to collect more firewood. Everyone started to notice how Hyomin was keeping quite when she usually was the most talkative one and Yongguk actually helping out with the tasks.

 

No surprise, something happened.

 

“Hey, what happened?” Dongwoon asked Soyeon.

“You don’t wanna know.”

 

Daesung, sick of the animosity the two had and the silent treatment they were both giving each other, tried to lift the mood.

 

 

“I’m bored.” dropping the firewood in his hands.

“Same here.” Hoya followed suit.

“How bout we play murders?” Taesung suggested.

“What?!” Dani screamed.

“He might be onto something.” Doojoon said.

“Yah! You crazy?!” Sunny yelled at him.

“No. He’s right. But we’ll play ‘Survive or Die’.” Sungjong agreed.

“Wait, Survive or Die?! I love that game!!” Hyomin cheered. Finally, the ice has been broken.

“Come’on Kwanggie, can we? Please....” she pouted cutely at him.

“That game? It’s scary..” Eunjung commented.

“What kinda game is it?” Soyeon asked, suddenly curious.

 

“Oh, we’ll be put into different sections of the forest alone by the ‘Guides’. The ‘Guides’ are the ones that will put us anywhere they want as long as it’s not too far. They’re the crew that will leave clues for us to find our way back. We’re the ‘Trackers’. We need to follow the clues to get back. Some clues are fake but that what makes it more interesting. First one back wins!”

 

“Wait, what if we stumble upon the others?” Yongguk asked, obviously interested.

 

“Then it will count as a team. It’s like by chance. You meet someone the very least you’ll get is company. But if you don’t you’re on your own.” she shrugged, finishing her explanation.

 

“Sounds easy enough, let’s play. We can look for your species while we’re at it.” Soohyun patted Dongwoon’s back.

“I guess.” he shrugged.

“Okay then.” Jangwoo agreed.

 

Jiyeon looked at everyone. They all had agreed to the game.

 

“Isn’t it dangerous though?”

“That’s why it’s called Survive or Die.” Eunjung explained.

“It’s okay Yeonnie.” Soyeon tried to assure her.

“But...”

“Aish. So noisy.” Yongguk complained.

“Shut up. I’m in!”

“Great.”

“We better pack now then.”

“Let’s go!” Hyomin jumped and grabbed Junggie and Soyeon’s hands.

 

“Let’s go.” Eunjung said with a smile. She sprinted ahead and was being chased by Hyomin. The two raced towards the tent. Eunjung having won and Hyomin demanded a rematch.

 

Everyone went inside the tents and began packing. Sungjong put in torchlight, rope, lighter and a canteen. He pulled a knife from his back pocket and stared at it. Just then, Hoya entered the tent and he quickly threw the knife into his bag pack.

 

 

~

HEY GUYS!!

image

I got shocked to see new subbies and well, yeah.

^^

I wrote like 8 pages of this. EIGHT!

image

I thought of writing like five pages but then my inner self was like:

image

NOW SUBSCRIBE OR

image

(lol jk ^^)

But if you do,

image

If you don't:

image

 

BYE!!

Hope to meet you guys soon!

image

crystals97