Costa Rica

Survive or Die

 

Friday, Seoul International Airport

 

 

“Junggie!” Hyomin screamed. She was running a tad bit late and was gasping for air.

“You’re late.” she replied tapping her heels on the concrete floor.

“Sorry.”

“It’s fine. Let’s check in. Everyone’s already here.”

“Okay, kaja!” she trailed the latter from behind.

 

After they both checked in, they got on the private jet- courtesy of Doojoon.

 

Hey, the money from all those gadgets must go somewhere right? Eunjung thought.

 

“What is this Minnie? You’re the one who told us to not be late. The irony.” Jiyeon rolled her eyes.

 

Hyomin put her bags away and took her seat next to Gikwang.

 

“Sorry. I was so excited that I couldn’t fall asleep.” she apologized once more.

“You didn’t sleep?” her boyfriend asked, concerned.

“I did but it was late. I woke up an hour later and rushed here. Thank god I packed last night.”

 

Gikwang nodded in understanding and reminded her to get enough rest in the plane once they took off.

 

“Can you lovebirds cut it out? I’m trying to sleep here!” Yoseob shouted at them.

“Hey, at least we’re not like them!” Hyomin gestured towards Tiff and Sungjong who were busy whispering sickly loving words to each other.

 

Sometimes I wish we were like that...

 

   Yoseob glanced at the couple and grunted. It was worse. He decided to just sleep- and hopefully avoid the couple. The others were talking, discussing and some were texting about work. After 10 minutes of constant texting and endless business calls, Doojoon had it and confiscated their phones and laptops- earning vast amounts of protest. The only electronic device he didn’t take was the iPods.

 

   Time felt like it was moving in a slow pace, some were reading magazines and some were taking naps. Others were either chatting or making hearts with their partners.

 

“Attention. Everyone please buckle your seatbelts and no one is allowed to leave their seats when the jet is taking off. Thank you for choosing iNspired Airlines.” the pilot said through the intercom.

 

   After everyone buckled up, they took off. It was a little bumpy at first but once the jet took off, it flew like an eagle.

 

“Costa Rica here we come!” Hyomin exclaimed excitedly.

“Shut up Minnie!” Eunjung, Jiyeon and Soyeon scolded her.

“You’re the ones that are supposed to shut up!” Boram raised her voice.

She looked at the four guilty faces and smiled. She got comfortable in her seat and resumed her nap.

 

   They spent the 15 hour flight with Eunjung talking to Soyeon, Jiyeon fighting with Yongguk, Naeun drawing her next manga character, Sunny and Bomi discussing their next flight, Minho practicing his next role and Hyomin sleeping on Gikwang’s shoulder.

 

 

 

8.00 a.m. Costa Rica Friday

 

   The jet landed safely at the airport and they got off. Some were still yawning and groaning, irritated that they couldn’t finish their nap. Yoseob however, got off feeling fresh after his long nap sleep.

 

Hyomin took in the foreign air. She loved travelling. She had travelled to all parts of the world for her art showcase. She loved going to a new country. Every new place held new adventures. Shopping in Paris, streets in London and the canals in Venice were some of her favourites.

 

 

“Hmm~ Overseas...”

“Yeah.. The air is different right?” Yoseob joined her.

“Hmm~”

 

“Yah! What are you guys doing? We’re not here to film a movie! The cars are here!” Qri shouted at them.

 

They managed to snap out of it and rushed to the cars, earning laughter from their friends.

 

“Wae Minnie? You cheating on Kwanggie with Seobbie now?” Myungsoo teased.

 

That earned him a smack from Hyomin and a jealous Gikwang. He wrapped his hands around her waist in a protective manner.

 

Everyone wooed at the couple and the two blushed hard. However, they didn’t notice that someone was watching them from afar.

 

They soon arrived at the forest of Costa Rica. They took out the tents and canopies. The girls worked together to set up the canopies under Taeyeon’s instructions.

 

“We’re finally here.” Dongwoon said.

“Let’s camp! Where are the tents?” Yongguk asked.

“There. Set them up yourselves.” Eunjung showed a pile of tents.

“Ughh.. I’m too lazy to do it.” Daesung whined.

“If you’re lazy then you’re sleeping outside.” Eunjung said, simply.

 

The statement made Daesung shot up and began working on his tent. Jangwoo read the instructions while Hoya and Daesung started to work on them. Gikwang and Doojoon went looking for firewood. Soohyun, Minho and Yongguk went to catch fish.

 

“So what are we eating?” Sunggyu asked.

“Marshmallow.” Bomi answered.

“That’s it? I’m hungry. I didn’t eat in the jet.” Myungsoo grunted.

“Who told you to not eat?” Tiff questioned, irritated.

“Your grandma!”

 

Myung, Tiff and a few others started to fight. Doojoon was holding Myungsoo while Jess was struggling with Tiff. The rest were cleaning, swimming at the river and some started to boil water.

 

“What are we cooking?” Qri asked.

“I dunno.” Hyomin scratched her head.

“Fish!”

 

The two turned towards Eunjung who was holding a huge fish. Soohyun was behind her gasping for air while Minho and Yongguk brought back two buckets of fish.

 

“Junggie-...became- ...the- ...Incredible-.. Hulk.” he stated(or tried to).

“Hah? Tonight we’re having fish!” she excaimed.

 

Everyone cheered and the girls began preparing their dinner. The rest of the catch was stored in an ice box they brought along.

 

The sounds of crickets, owls and wolves were heard. All of them were gathered around the campfire, enjoying the fish and marshmallows. Some made s’mores from crackers and Hyomin’s huge stash of chocolate.

 

“Thanks Junggie for catching a lot of fish. If we were waiting for Hyunnie, we would only be eating marshmallows.” Hyomin commented.

“Hey! It’s not that I dunno how to, I was just nervous that’s all.” he said.

“Tch! Scaredy cat.” she shot back.

“Shut up! Junggie’s a Hulk.”

“Yeah right. I’m not even green!” Junggie piped up.

“Can you guys shut it! I’m tryin to play a song here.” Yoseob said as he took out a guitar.

“I didn’t know you play.” Jaekyung commented.

“I had to learn for the movie I starred in last Summer.”

“Oh, that one! I missed it though. I was too busy with the company.” she replied.

“It’s okay. Now shut it. I wanna play.”

 

   Yoseob started to play while Doojoon sung. Yongguk did a little rap that made the girls gape at him and Gikwang started to dance, popping and locking to the rap. They all started to clap for the four and sang along. Eunjung, Hyomin and Hwayoung did rapping and Taeyeon started singing. They were all talented and had musical abilities. They would’ve all made great actors and singers (some were) but they decided to choose their own path.

 

   After their little talent session, they settled down around the campfire once more. Doojoon suggested a ghost story.

 

“I got a story about the woods around here.”

“I don’t want. I’m scared.” Soyeon squeaked.

“Just keep quite. Scared? Yeah right..” Sunggyu teased.

“I’ll start the story...”

 

Once, there was a village not far from here. There was a girl who stayed with her parents. Her name was Elle. They were very poor. They were shunned and considered outsiders. They lived in a small hut beside the lake. One day, as Elle was washing her clothes at the lake, a group of girls came up to her. They insulted and cursed her family. They told her how they all deserved to die and were worthless. Elle ignored them. She placed the washed clothes in the basket and walked away but was stopped by them.

 

“They had a struggle and fell into the lake and died. The End.”

“Minnie! Don’t disturb!” Junggie scold her friend.

“Sorry. Please continue.”

 

The group of girls pelted her with rocks, pulled her hair and tore Elle’s clothes. The leader, Agnes pulled her locket that belonged to her mother. Elle pushed Agnes and she fell into the lake. Everyone was shocked at the action. Elle quickly ran away. The group of girls told the villagers and they were enraged. Elle ran into the forest but was captured. The villagers stabbed her and burned her alive and threw her parents into the lake. Elle’s spirit was angered and swore revenge. She would wear her favourite red hood and kill anyone who came near the forest and lake. The End.

 

“How does she kill?” Soohyun asked.

“She eats them.” Taesung answered.

“Shut up Tae!”

“She kills people by stabbing them the way she was stabbed.” Doojoon answered.

“Scary..” Hyomin said.

“Yup. Scary and spooky. Wait, isn’t that my story? The Red Hood?” Eunjung asked.

“Yeah.”

“Yah! Why are you stealing my movies?”

“It’s not stealing. It’s borrowing.”

“I’ve seen it but I’m still scared.” Soyeon said.

“It’s late. I’m gonna sleep.” Qri got up and went inside her tent.

“Me too.” Eunjung said.

“Me three.” Boram agreed and followed them.

 

Some of them got up and stretched. They entered their respective tents. The only ones left were Sunny, Bomi, Myungsoo and Sunggyu.

 

“You’re not gonna sleep?” Sunny asked.

“Not yet sleepy. You?” Sunggyu asked.

“Same here.”

“Well, I am. I’m going to sleep first.” Bomi said.

“I’m going too.” Sunny piped up.

“I thought you weren’t sleepy?”

“Of course. It’s just creepy to be outside.”

 

Sunny followed Bomi inside the tent where they saw Jaekyung and Taeyeon already asleep. Sunggyu and Myungsoo were left alone. The moon was full and the sound of rustling leaves was heard. The cold wind blew past them which sent chills up their spine.

 

“What was that?” Sunggyu asked.

“Must be an animal. You must be paranoid.”

 

The sound of the rustling leaves was heard again. The bushes started to move. A dark figure watched them from behind a tree.

 

“I’m gonna go sleep.” Sunggyu said.

“Hey! Don’t leave me alone here! Yah!” Myungsoo called him.

 

   Sunggyu ignored Myunsoo’s calls and went inside his tent. He felt chills go down his spine but chose to ignore it. Suddenly, a dark silhouette appeared outside his tent. He felt something watching him and turned around but saw nothing. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

 

“Sunggyu~ Sunggyu~” a voice called him.

 

He froze in place. The voice called him again. He felt mesmerized by the voice and went out of the tent. The campfire was put out and it was dark. The moon’s light making everything seem to have a silver hue. He saw a woman’s’ silhouette walking into the woods. He slowly followed her feeling entranced. He stopped in the middle of the forest and looked around him. There were trees everywhere but the girl seemed to have disappeared. He tried calling out to her but there was no response. He kept searching for her. The trees were quiet, too quiet.

 

“Sunggyu-ah~”

 

He felt someone behind him and turned around. He saw the girl and she smiled sinisterly. She took out a knife and slit his neck. He fell down on the ground with a loud thud. Before he closed his eyes he saw a red cloth. The girl was wearing a red hood. He laid there, cold, dead.

 

 

 

“Hey! Get up! We’re about to go!” Yoseob shook him.

“What? Huh? Oh, ok. Where’s the girl?” he asked following him outside the tent.

“What girl?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing.”

 

It was a dream? But it felt real.

 

He tried to get it out of his mind but it was constantly bugging him. He saw that everyone was busy. The boys were getting ready and the girls were cooking breakfast.

 

Jessica was helping Myungsoo get ready. She nagged him about staying safe and not causing any troubles.

 

"Ne, jagiya~ Don't worry, arasseo?"

"But, I am! You're always like this, causing trouble!" she pouted, a slight blush on her cheeks.

"Ne, mian.. I'll be good ne?" he pecked her lips which made the latter blush harder.

 

Sunggyu tried his best at ignoring the married couple and joined the others.

 

“Just got up?” Tiff asked him.

“Yeah. Where are we going?”

“Finding the species.” Dongwoon explained, pulling a backpack over his shoulders.

“All of us?”

“No, guys go. Girls stay.” Eunjung said.

“Now?”

“Yup.” Hyomin chirped.

“But we didn’t have breakfast yet.”

“Go first. You’ll eat after you come back.” Soyeon patted his back.

“Yeah.” Soohyun in.

“You’re going too.” Sunny said.

“But.. I’m a girl~” he said in a girly voice.

“Eww.. Go or I’ll tell your mom you’re gay.” Sunny threatened.

“That’s a lie!”

“She doesn’t know that.” she smirked.

“Fine! Cousins! Sheesh!” he grunted, catching up to the rest.

 

Once the boys were all gone, the girls went back to preparing food. They were chatting. The ones who didn’t have work were reading or taking pictures of nature.

 

“I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt I was killed by this girl.” Hyomin said.

“Really? Me too!” Soyeon said, surprised and lowered down her camera.

 

All of them admitted that they had the same dream.

 

“I didn’t.”

“Eh? What was your dream?”

“I dreamt I followed this girl into the forest and then she handed me a knife. She smiled and I smiled back. Then she pounced onto me.”

“That’s... scary.” Jess commented.

“And weird.” Dani said.

 

 

“Move aside!!” Soohyun appeared and screamed at them.

 

~

CHAP TWO GUISE!

Whatcha think?

image

I did a fast update didn't I?

image

You should know, I DON'T do fast updates.

image

I did this because I was like:

image

"Lalalala~"

Suddenly:

image

"UPDATE!"

I know, you guys must be like:

image

BUT, there's a catch..

image

COMMENT! (or no updates!)

image

Pretty please~

image

NOTE: I'M SERIOUS.

image

You guys must be like:

image

image

YES, I'M EVIL.

image

So... LOVE YOU!

image

crystals97

PEACE!

image