I Love You, Goodbye

Too Late for Everything : I Love You, Goodbye

 

I hope you'll like it :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*bell rings*

“Hyejin!” The ajumma greeted me. I smiled at her. “Do you.. need something?”

“I need some flowers”

“Ahh..” She smiled. “Just wait there. I’ll just prepare it for you.”

 

I waited for a few minutes and paid for the flowers. After that, I walked out of the store and went on my way.

 

I went to his grave.

 

Seeing his name on the grave, makes me remember everything in the past.

 

“So oppa, how are you today?”

“I’m great.” He smiled at me widely.

“And why is that? You seem so happy today.”

“Because I’m with a special girl.” He looked at me and winked.

“And who can that be?” I smiled widely.

“Probably it’s you.” We both chuckled.

“Haha. This oppa. Oh look. You’re girlfriend.” We both looked at his girlfriend.

“Well, I’ll see you around then.”  He walked towards her.

“Okay. Bye oppa!” I waved at him.

“Bye.. Best friend.” We both laughed and I left.

 

I felt a bit happy. I smiled to myself.

 

Another memory rushed in my mind.

 

“Promise me you’ll be back? Neh?”

“I promise you.”

“Promise me you’ll be back safe and alive.”

“Jinnie.” He laughed. “I’m just going to Seoul. Nothing to worry about.”

 

I remembered the day he’ll go to Seoul to search for a good future.

 

“Oppa?” I looked around and saw him lying on the ground, blood all over his face. I felt so scared. I ran to his side.

“What happened to you?” I asked, worriedly.

“I’m okay.” Seeing him smiling while in pain makes me weak.

“No you’re not. Look at you. And, where are we?”

 

“Look at the scene..” I heard a familiar voice. Oppa’s girlfriend. “So, she’s the one?! Haha.” She and the boys behind her came near us.

“I’m sorry. Look. I didn’t mean to tha—“  She cut Hyunshik.

“Didn’t mean to hurt me? Oh what the hell are you saying?”  Her eyes are full of hurt and hatred.

“I’m sorry.”

“Sorry? Fck you!” She grabbed my hair and pulled me away from oppa.

“Ahhh! Ouch!” I screamed in pain.

“Release her!” Oppa commanded.

“What if I don’t?” She looked at oppa still full of hate.

“Just. Release her. Do anything to me. Just release her!”

“Anything? Okay. Boys!” The boys behind her started hitting oppa.

“Oppa! Please! Stop this.” I started to cry. I can’t watch oppa getting hurt because of me. I closed my eyes.

“Oh. Sht. Stop this drama. I’m full of it.” She released me.

 

“Kill him.” One of his boys took a gun.

 

*bang* I heard a gunshot.

 

*No. This can’t be.* I opened my eyes and see oppa. He looks like he’s having a hard time breathing. I looked around and no one is there except for the two of us.

 

“No. Oppa. No!” I ran to his side and cried.

“Hyejin-ah. Don’t cry.” He cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for bringing you into this.”

“Oppa…” I stared at his eyes.

“I’m sorry. I think I can’t go back to _____ safe anymore. We can’t live normally anymore. No. I’m wrong. I can’t go back for you anymore… ever again.” I cried harder.

“No. O-oppa. D-don’t s-s-say that.” I said.

“I’m sorry Jinnie.” He caressed my cheeks. He pulled me closer to him and hugged me.

“Oppa” I cried on his chest.

“I love you Hyejin.” I looked up at him, surprised. “Not as my best friend. I would want to you to be my girlfriend. But you can’t. We can't be together.”

“I love you too oppa.” I leaned in and kissed his lips. We shared a sweet kiss.

We pulled away and looked at each other, full of love in our eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell me before? Before when it was never too late.”

“I’m sorry. I was afraid. I know. I’m wrong.”

“I hate you oppa.” I said jokingly. I pecked his lips. His eyes were starting to close.

“I love you…” I saw him mumble then smiled. His eyes were completely closed. That moment, I realized that I will never see him again. I’ll never see him smile at me ever again. I will never hear him call my name ever again. I’ll never hear him laugh. I will never look at his eyes ever again and see him look at mine too. I will never feel him hug me again. He will never come back to me. He’s already gone. He, Hyunshik oppa, the only guy I loved.

I cried harder on his chest.

“I love you too oppa. Goodbye.” I looked at him and I can’t see his smile anymore. I’ll just imagine his smile forever.

 

“Oppa.” I whispered to myself. I felt tears rushing down my cheeks.

I just closed my eyes, imagining him with me. Smiling.

 

*I miss you oppa. I wish I can turn back time. And tell you that I love you. When it was never too late. But now, it’s too late. Too late for everything.*