A World of Good and Evil

Death and Beyond

The first chapter! I hoep i did a good job and that you guys enjoy the intro to everything kind of. I tried to mention everybody and make the main oc all cool and stuff, but i dont have that much experience in action/possible non-romance type stories. Anyways, i please comment(i want to know how it is and such) and also subscribe if you like it(even if its the first chapter and all). So...hope i did good on the first chapter and you liked reading it! 

            

               Demons; supernatural creatures that live in the world of the dead and believed to be unreal in the world of the living. Ever since they discovered the ways to enter the human world, disasters have happened on Earth. Under the control of Satan, they wreak havoc on humans in various ways and feed off the terror.

               However, their existence isn’t completely hidden from society for a select of few countries have discovered them along with a way to fight back. Humans with the power to combat against the demons have been hired in order to kill them. Humans don’t know of this and therefore are kept in the dark of what is really the cause of the recent disasters. With the power of exorcists on the governments’ side to keep the demons in few numbers, people have been able to live somewhat peacefully for years.

               Now, the number of demons has increased and recently schools have experienced attacks. With exorcists few in numbers, a magical website has appeared for  students that have fallen victim to demons. Portal, a site run by unknown demon slayers which resolve problems that those exorcists fail to do.

                In modern society, at JaeJin High, rumors have spread throughout the school. Gossip on how a recent fire had mysteriously started at a nearby school and that there was another “sign”. Every demon attack always had marks of blue flames; however humans couldn’t see it; Instead, they saw the strange marks left behind. With their school so close by, students have begun to worry more adding on to their own personal problems. No one knew why these things were happening, except one.

                “I saw it I swear!” One of the girls in 2-B shouted at a group of other students from the class next door.

                “Chill Min-Hee; demons don’t exist”, a girl said knowing that Min-Hee was always talking about strange markings she saw whenever leaving school.

                “It’s true though! If we don’t do something then our school will be next”, the girl snapped back earning a slap from the much more logical one.

                “Don’t spread false rumors like that”, she hissed in fear that the mention of demons only brought more disasters.

                The ruckus caused by the girls caught the attention of many. There were some students who believed in the legends of evil spirits and used the term of demons to justify the reason for the unexplainable misfortunes. Others though, refused to imagine that demons were real and ruining their lives; they even began to act superstitious fearing that even the mention of those horrid creatures would bring about another calamity. Ever since the attacks on schools, no matter what grade, began, students have been split in those of believers in the supernatural, people that can’t accept that impossible theory believing that everything was a coincidence, and finally the ones who didn’t care for their lives which weren’t affected by all this.

                A loud bang sounded from the chalk board by one of the students who was fed up with the constant talk of demons. All the kids turned spotting the girl with a clenched fist against the board glaring at the two girls who had stopped arguing. She took a deep breath making her way into the center of attention. With the class silent and only a few moments until the teacher showed, she quickly spoke her mind.

                “Shut up; all of you”, she said heading towards her seat in the back. “Talking about this won’t end it. If you really have a problem with demons, then”, she smirked tossing a card at Min-Hee, “go to Portal.”

                The class looked at the girl in shock at the mention of the legendary website. There had been a rumor at JaeJin about a website that helped the students; something to turn to whenever things went wrong. At first, no one believed it existed and carried on with life. Then came a day where one student had searched the website during the mild rumors of demons.

                 It actually popped up, and there, he typed the recent problem that had happened to him. That the JaeJin student was being bullied by another, however it wasn’t normal. The bullying was from a kid who was just a regular trouble maker and only did minor pranks; however, after a while, he changed into a more criminal like character who had almost killed him. He was scared and not even the police had believed him when he described the story, but Portal did.

                 In only a day, he got a response from them saying he would be getting help soon. A week later, he ran into the same bully; however, he was a completely different person. His problem was solved in some way for the bully had left and then he began to tell everyone what had happened. People started to think Portal existed and started to get help from the site. Later on though, teachers had heard of it and banned the students from going on it. It became an issue broadcasted everywhere and slowly that led to the end of Portal.

                “That old website? Didn’t you hear that it was banned, Kim Yu-Na”, the girl said swiping the card from the other, “Trying to get us to believe in your fairytales won’t work witch”, she said slamming the card on Yu-Na’s desk.

                Yu-Na looked at the girl. “I can see through you, fiend”, she whispered to the girl who then backed away. “Your disguise can’t fool my eyes”, she added as her eyes flashed a crimson red before returning to their natural color.

                The class broke into murmurs at the witch’s comment. Kim Yu-Na was the one who always never stood out unless people started mentioning demons. Usually though, she only spoke when necessary, proving a point, or calling someone a demon all of sudden. At first people just took it as part of her personality and decided to treat her as normal; however, her “predictions” started coming true. When her guess of a student being a demon happened, it was rumored that you wouldn’t see the accused kid ever again. The first time when she called a bully a demon, he came back to school after a week so no one took it seriously; but the second time, that person never came and it was as if they disappeared. She then started predicting when places would experience a strange phenomenon and when it would come true; people began to call her a witch. Some feared her strange self, while others used it as a warning and asked her when something bad would ever happen.

                “Don’t think I’ll disappear just yet”, the girl smirked taking her seat.

                The teacher then entered slightly confused by the strange atmosphere. Brushing the feel away, he carried on his lesson occasionally sending kids out for their misconduct. The class soon ended, and the next would start. It was like that all day and with the final bell ringing, everybody got up to leave. The class was soon empty except for two figures that waited for the crowd to leave. The girl waited in silence waiting for the other to make the first move.

                “About Portal”, the girl spoke to the other, “Yu-Na, do you really-”, Min-Hee was then sharply cut off by the other.

                “Demons truly do exist”, she said getting up from her seat, “I can tell you that right now you are being followed by a demon”, she warned shocking the other as she slung her bag over her shoulder. “Contact Portal before it’s too late; the website is up and running.”

                The girl nodded in understanding. “Yu-Na, I’ve been wondering since it seemed that you know Portal so much; by any chance are you-”, before she could finish, the door slammed shut with Yu-Na gone leaving the girl alone in the classroom.

                Night had now taken over with the city casted in darkness. The demons would soon come out and so the job of an exorcist would begin. Humans slept peacefully unaware of the danger closing in. Another opening into their world would open. There were only a few ways for demons to enter the world of the living; either by possessing humans with already impure souls, or going through the gaps between their world and the humans. Another gap had been opened with more demons entering the already chaotic world; however, a rift between the worlds wouldn’t get unnoticed by the exorcist. They would find out about it and would head to the location immediately, before Portal does at the very least.

                “You just had to leave your bag at school”, a boy groaned as he and his friend walked back home. “Because of you, my head hurts from having to open the window.”

                “Well I was the one that had to go up 2 stories”, the other retorted as they crossed a bridge. “Just be thankful no one saw us.”

                “You’re lucky no one did catch us otherwise they would have sent us to some lab or something!”

                “Will you quit it; you’re beginning to freak me out”, the other began until the two suddenly stopped. “What the heck is there something…” the boy stood taken back just like his friend at the sight.

                In front of the two, was the scene of a gap opening for demons. At first it was invisible, but slowly the colors from the other world peeked through. The guys knew this wasn’t normal; they weren’t normal themselves, yet they couldn’t leave right then. The rift only got bigger until 6 figures were able to break through. The friends looked at each other wondering what to do about this; whether they were even dreaming or this just happened to be real.

                “Do you think…” one of them trailed off as the last figure filed out of the fissure.

                “Yes”, the other said peering down at the now unconscious people, “They may look human, but I think we just discovered real, live aliens.”

                For the next few moments, they just waited hoping the “aliens” would wake up. They didn’t wear any weird clothing, but the hairstyles were unusual to them. Checking the time, they finally decided to get help.

                “Check their pulse, I’ll dial 911”, the boy sighed his hopes of talking to aliens ruined.

                The other complied cautiously walking over to the bodies. “You don’t think they bite right?” The teen asked reaching his hand out.

                As soon as he touched one of them, a hand shot up and grabbed his. He screamed and his friend swiftly turned around wide eyed at the scene. The 6 people were waking up and one was fully up and gripping onto his friend. He took action running over to pry the stranger’s fingers off the boy before the others got up. He freed him, but they were surrounded and terrified.

                “This is bad”, one of them said as they held onto each other, “I don’t think these guys came in peace.”

                “I can’t even move them”, the other cursed unable to control them like he had done to the locked window.

                “Where are we?” One of the “aliens” demanded picking up one of the boys by the collar.

                “K-Korea”, the boy stuttered as he was slowly put down, “Who are you guys?”

                The 6 guys looked amongst themselves thinking over their destination. They realized this wasn’t their world and that meant that there would be a chance of exorcist showing up. Turning their attention back to the quivering boys, the eldest among the group spoke up.

                “We are the demons of section 676, B.A.P”, he said.

                The boys looked at one another both thinking this must be a dream. They had actually run into demons and yet they hadn’t run screaming already. Instead, they decided on something else.

                “So demons, you’re in our place now”, the teen spoke pulling out his phone, “that means, if you don’t listen to us, we’re going to call the cops on you”, he threated wondering if they’d buy it.

                The demons talked amongst themselves discussing on what to do. The human world was something new to them, and so they worried on whether he would call the exorcist. “Fine, just don’t contact the exorcist”, the leader of B.A.P said. “We’ll follow along…for now.”

                The boys gulped not expecting this to happen. They were just kidding and also wondered what the heck the exorcist they mentioned was about. However, they knew that they had control over a bunch of demons; they found it cool. In the end, they put the phone away accepting the deal, and the two agreed to split them up. 3 would head home with one and 3 with the other; simple enough right.

                Meanwhile, word did get out about the appearance of new demons. The exorcist at the Korean Branch had the location of the rift known and would be departing soon.

                “I heard Portal opened up again”, an exorcist said slipping on his coat.

                “That just means more work”, another sighed loading his anti-demon weapon, “but I like the competition.”

                “But you’re too competitive Doojoon, what if you do another over-kill”, one more piped in while on the computer.

                “Then tell Portal to shut down for good; they’re messing up my schedule”, Doojoon shot back closing the other’s computer.

                “Hey; I was checking my facebook!”

                “Quit it guys; it’s time to head out.”

                Everyone turned their attention to the calmest of the group who was ready to go. Shutting down the internet, the exorcist, Yoseob, headed out followed by the others; Doojoon, Hyunseung, Gikwang, and Dongwoon. Making sure that was all of them, Junhyung headed out last and they soon left the building. Now, the exorcists were on their way to investigate the recent gap and hopefully kill a demon or two.

                They soon arrived at the scene; however they lost the signal of the demons. No one was around and the grassy area was empty.

                “Did Portal get here first?” Gikwang wondered while the others searched for clues to the demons disappearance.

                “No; there’s no sign of a fight”, Junhyung answered.

                “They must’ve run off then”, Dongwoon concluded, “Should we head back and tell HQ?”

                Suddenly, the tracker device started to sound alarming the members. Yoseob was the first to check the screen seeing that it had picked up on another demon. “Only a level 1”, he sighed putting the gadget away, “Doojoon should take care of that one; I’m heading home.”

                Everyone, but Doojoon, nodded in agreement deciding to just let one of their members take care of that one. Lately Portal had been taking care of the higher level demons leaving the exorcists with the low level jobs. It was getting irritating knowing they were stuck battling weaker demons while someone else was stealing their work which resulted in the need of exorcist to decrease every year. Portal had to be shut down; their motives weren’t known and let alone they refused to countless invitations to meet with the exorcists in hopes of joining forces. Just like the demons, Portal would be considered another enemy until they could find at least one of Portal’s executors in order to find out information from anyone associated with Portal.

                Meanwhile, another person was up and about. Hauling a huge scythe around, the figure jumped from roof to roof in search of prey. Every night she was on patrol looking for signs of demons in order to stop them before any more misfortunes could occur. Passing by a group of kids, she caught a glimpse of demons amongst the group. She made her way closer just above them ready to hunt, however her phone rang ruining her ambush and thus making her decide to retreat.

                “Did you here that?” The boy asked his friend as the other 6 people looked up at where they had heard the noise coming from.

                “Something was here”, the youngest of the group said pointing at a metal staircase leading into the apartments, “Right there, but it’s gone now.”

                “Do you think it knows about us?” The second youngest wondered.

                “Who cares; we’ll deal with whoever it was when we see it”, the eldest said going ahead of the group, “Your house is this way right?”

                The human boy nodded running up ahead in order to lead. “Yeah, but Minhyun’s house is in that direction”, he said pointing in the direction his friend lived.

                “So, we’ll split now okay”, Minhyun spoke up, as 3 demons headed with one human and the others left with Minhyun.

                The girl had left quickly before they had noticed her. She was mad that she lost her chance to strike, but she couldn’t ignore such an important call. Portal depended on her to carry out missions in her country while the others protected their own.

                “What’s wrong now Akira?” The girl sighed talking to the computer whiz behind portal that just happened to be located in Japan.

                “Another message on the site; it’s from Korea so you have to take care of it.” He answered sending a quick message to his teammate’s phone. “This is the sender’s message and her identity.”

                “Oh it’s that girl; I thought I warned her”, the executioner trailed off reading the message. “So lame; I wish Mindy would take care of this.”

                “She’s in America”, Akira pointed out, “but Professor D will be fetching for her soon. I heard she’s transferring to Korea so good luck with that.”

                “Sweet; no more late night patrols”, the girl smiled, “Alright then, talk to you later!”

                “Bye, Yu-Na”, Akira said hanging up.

                Closing her phone, Yu-Na headed to the next district. Along the way she saw the humans possessed by demons and those that had suffered from them; she found it strange how only a select few could see the things she could. Her ability to see demons, spot the specks of darkness surrounding potential victims of evil, tell of disasters, and fight against the evil monsters; it was so weird. If it hadn’t been for Professor D, she would still be hiding in shame of her natural gift and have never known there were those just like her; others with the same gift and the will to help the ones that weren’t chosen. Yes, she must have been destined to have been a part of Portal. Kill demons and compete with exorcists; it was her fate until they found a way to prevent demons from escaping into the human world. Solving the problems of teens, and keeping the identity of a regular high scholar; it was necessary in order to keep the monsters from corrupting society before they killed themselves eventually.

                “It’s such a dull world”, Yu-Na sighed, and “I need to add some color to this place.”