Jonghyun

First Kiss

You were always described as "easily scared." You never took it to offense because it was true. You refused to watch horror films, you slept with the lights on, and you even adopted three large doberman pinschers to protect you and keep you company. 

However, Jonghyun didn't know this.

--

"So, where are we going?" you squealed in excitement as the two of you were driving.

"Ah, it's a surprise! My lips are sealed."

"Aw, come on. Not even a hint?" you teased.

"It's more fun this way! I can't wait to see the look on your face once we get there."

The suspense was eating you up inside. You really wanted to know where Jonghyun was taking you, but he stood firm.

"Movies? Dinner? Theme park? Pleeeeeease tell me."

You guys approached a red light, and he turned to look at you. "Don't worry, we're almost there! Trust me, you'll love it."

"How do you know? I might hate it."

"If you don't like it, then I must be a bad boyfriend for not being able to tell," he laughed. You smiled back at him.

He began to lean in towards you, but you turned forward and said "Green light."

"And green means go...?" he replied in confusion.

"No, I mean the light is green." You looked at the side mirror. "And the guy behind us is ready to honk his horn," you laughed.

"Oh!" he exclaimed as he released his foot from the brake.

A few minutes later, you arrived at an eerie-looking building. Your heart immediately sank as you got out of the car. Jonghyun on the other hand was grinning from ear to ear. 

"Jonghyun," you called over the car between you, "is this a haunted house?"

"Yeah! Have you ever been to one?"

You shook your head, trying to mask your fear.

"Really? How come? You're really missing out."

"Am I really," not quite asking but rather stating.

"These are so much fun! Come on, let's go," he said, offering his arm to you. He was excited so you decided to go along with it.

"Do you promise to protect me?" you spoke as your voice quivered. "I'm a bit of a scardey cat."

Jonghyun lowered his gaze. "You'll be safe with me," he replied as he planted a kiss on your lips.

You looked up at him and smiled.

"I wanted to do that earlier in the car if you didn't notice."

"Oh I noticed," you giggled. "Fate sure is a funny thing."

"It really is," he nodded in agreement. "See? If we didn't go to this haunted house, we would've have kissed!"

"Hey, don't give the house all the credit!" you announced. "It would've happened no matter where we went."

He shrugged in defeat.

"So, are you ready?" he asked you.

You nodded and squeezed his waist as the two of you entered the house. You always wondered what it was like to kiss Jonghyun and now that it finally happened, you felt like you could tackle anything. He put you at ease and nothing could ruin this feeling.