Welcoming

Your Home is in My Heart

 

Hana, Deul Set…

 

I sat outside in the balcony, counting on the stars up the twilight sky while sipping my Taro bubble tea and I can’t help but to think of the times whenever I lay my eyes on the biggest and brightest star… And these make me reflect on the past episodes of my life…

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Luhan hyung, I heard that you broke up with Yoona, waeyo?” Sehun his lips as he sat across me inside Handel and Gretel

 

“It just didn’t work out”

 

“Just like that?”

 

“Mhm.” I simply nodded while playing Temple Run on my Ipad

 

“Hyung… I’m always here whenever you need someone to talk to.”

 

“Gosh, Sehunnie. I’m fine, really I am.” I said and smiled at him

 

“I don’t think that you are”

 

“Lay hyung!!!!”

 

“Annyeong Sehunnie… Isn’t it that obvious that he is not fine?”

 

“Ne, He is soooo not in the mood. I bet he cried last night, what do you think Lay hyung?”

 

Lay and Sehun are my two bestfriends ever since we moved here in Korea. Lay was the first one I met, we are seatmates and we clicked right away because of the same language. While Sehun is my mother’s friend’s son, she asked me to look after him when he was in first year and the kid never left my side from then on, up until now on his second year. It is rhythm that has brought the three of us to close brotherly love… it’s our passion to dance.

 

“So as I am saying, Yoona ssi has everything, brains, looks, height, body… hey hyung, are you listening to us????”

 

“I didn’t give you the permission to use the ‘Lay Effect’ so don’t be blank while we are talking to you Luhan!!!”

 

I smirked at them and shook my head, clearly knowing that this talk has nowhere to go as these two are just clearly perstering me.

 

“It just didn’t work out because we both realized that we are not meant for each other” I said and stood up

 

“Eodigayo?” Lay asked

 

“I need to go to the library”

 

“Mwo? *laughs* ever since did you start hanging in the libabry?” Sehun and Lay both asked

 

“I just realized that I have to be more scholastic”

 

“What are you talking about; you are the top student in class!”

 

“Lay hyung is right.. you don’t need that”

 

“Ya OH SEHUN, since when did you learn to disregard your studies huh?!”

 

“Hyung… *pouts, eyes getting watery*”

 

“Aish.. yah. You’re making Sehunnie cry… actually he’s just getting competitive minded Sehun, because of the new girl”

 

“New yeaoja?”

 

“Ne… She came from Busan…”

 

“Aish…” instead of listening to the pointless conversation with these two idiots, I just stared outside the restaurant, and there from afar stands the beautiful lady…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English Class..

 

“Aw.. *yawns* can’t we just skip our class” Lay mumbled beside me as he sleepily looks with disinterest in front

 

“’The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor even touched. They must be felt with the heart’ Can somebody explain the meaning of this quotation by Heller Keller?” Ms. Jessica Jung, our English teacher asked and I automatically raised my hand, “Yes, Ms. Sunny Lee? Right?”

 

“Ne Ms. Jung”

 

“OK, explain.”

 

“It means that we can never find happiness and contentment if we will just look and appreciate things based on what we can see. Just like when you love someone, you don’t love him or her based on the physical appearance but based on his or her personality”

 

“Great answer, thank you Miss Lee. Any more explanation aside from the great one we had? Yes, Lu Han?”

 

“I beg to disagree to the last statement of Miss Lee”

 

“aish.. so competitive.. jashik.. kkk” Lay mumbled again then… “OUCH!!!!!” strike with a flying chalk

 

“Mr. Zhang, do you think that didn’t notice you yawning inside my class? And this is an ENGLISH CLASS and you keep on mumbling Korean?!” Ms. Jung scolded him with her icy gaze, “Please continue Lu Han”

 

“As I am saying Ms. Jung, I disagree with what Miss Lee have said. It is common and normal for us whether we accept it or not to love someone base on what we can see physically, because it’s the looks that make us attracted and the personality is the one that makes us choose to stay in love.”

 

“Thank you Lu Ha, we have here two good yet contrasting ideas..”

 

English class had finally ended and I decided to go to the piano room to remove the stress away from my body when I heard someone playing and singing.. *Finally Now* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae_Fmr2VU5k)

 

I slowly opened the door and peeked inside, only to find Sunny Lee, the attracting beautiful girl who seemed to be sometimes kinda annoying because she is a potential rival in class..

 

“I didn’t know that you play the piano”

 

“Omo… *heaves while touching her chest* You scared me”

 

“I’m sorry” I said half-heartedly

 

“Of course you’re not sorry..”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“It’s definitely obvious that you are not sorry”

 

“Don’t you know that it’s bad to accuse someone.”

 

“It is not when you are sure that it’s true”

 

“What are you talking about, you know what, you’re getting into my nerves!”

 

“And so are you! Sorry if you think I am stealing your spotlight that’s why you’re being rude on me. I didn’t intend to be brighter than you”

 

“Tsh..”

 

“Truth hurts, sorry.” She said and moved passed me

 

We never really got along well.

 

One day, Miss Jung asked us to write an essay about the most unforgettable childhood memory we had and told us that we will read and share it in the classroom.

 

Mine was when my grandpa introduced the Korean language to me that I fell in love with it.. And there goes Sunny Lee..

 

(Italized words means Sunny is the speaker ^^)

 

May 15… My mother and I are about to meet my father in the zoo. It was my 5th birthday then so as a little girl I was so excited. Mom don’t have her own car so we took a cab… I could still remember asking my mom about the penguins and the sea lions until a truck which lost its break bump into our taxi..

 

All I could remember then was that my mom and I hugged each other tight and the next that I could think about is when I woke up in darkness.. I was so afraid and I screamed for my mom.. she held my hands… but I can’t see her so I asked her if it’s night already, she said it’s already morning.. We’re lucky to survive the accident with only cuts and bruises.. That made me think that maybe we are home already, so I asked my mom why don’t she turn on the lights, are we cost-cutting of the electricity bills? That was the time when she gasped and let go of my hands.. I cried, because I am scared of the darkness and of being alone…

 

The next thing I knew is when I realized that I am in a hospital… I heard their conversation with the doctor.. I heard my mother cry… and inside, I cried as well for I can no longer see the bright light even if they will turn on all the lights..

 

The doctor had advised my parents that I should stay in the hospital for a week more so I could fully recover, as if my eyes could recover too..

 

One day, I tried to practice my senses because I don’t want to be a burden to my parents.. So while my mother went out to buy our lunch, I sneaked out of my room, trying to find her using my sense of hearing but I got lost…

 

I cried on the corridors for I can’t find my way back to my hospital room… I am not used yet to being blind, it’s just been 4 days since I knew it then.. ‘A-anyeonghasaeyo’ a little boy with a funny accent poked my arm. I don’t know which direction he is so I stared straight with tears flowing from my eyes and asked who is he.. ‘Chi-chingoo’ he simply said.

 

That boy with the funny accent helped me back to my mom… Turned out that he is a young Chinese boy… From that day on, my chingoo would go to my room and we will play. Then the day before I was discharged from the hospital, I told him that I will go soon… I asked him how we could contact each other, how we could still keep in touch… ‘Mi-mianhae ch-chingoo..’ he said because he don’t know how. Then he held my hand and for a moment, I felt a drop of tear on my palm..

 

His grandmother died that morning and he just came to bid his final goodbye to me.. My heart broke for the first time.. I cried, we cried together and hugged each other. Even if it’s just a short while, we have grown closer… He is the first friend who have accepted me despite of my disability..

 

To be honest, I cried more when I realized that we only have a little time together than when I learned that I have lost my eyesight because I know that there are still ways for me to see again, but seeing him again has very little chances… My chingoo and I stayed for another 15 minutes, I think with me memorizing his face by touching it.. In my own little mind, it makes me think that I can see him… See him with my heart by touching him…

 

From that day on… until now… I haven’t seen him yet but here I am in front of all of you, without any disability… I have gotten my eyesight back after 4 years because there is an unknown donor who have entrusted me his/her eyesight… And I’m very thankful of that…

 

The whole class clapped their hands and I noticed that everyone, including Lay have tears on their eyes after Sunny Lee have shared her essay.

 

“Man, you sure are stone-hearted, you are not even moved by her story?” Lay asked, tilting his head while wiping his glimmering tears

 

“Who knows, maybe she’s not telling the truth…” I said and got up just exactly as the bell rang.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Lu Han, are we not going to practice our dance?”

 

“Whoa, Lu Han hyung, who is she?” Sehun leaned on his chair in the cafeteria as Sunny Lee put all her books on out table

 

“Sunny Lee, the brightest in class”

 

“Shut up Lay, and you, let’s meet in dance studio 4 tonight”

 

“Whoa.. Tonight… sounds interesting”

 

“Will you two shut up?!” I glared after Sunny nodded

 

“Seriously hyung, you’re hitting a jackpot”

 

“Definitely”

 

“Cut it of you two.. chinja”

 

That night…

 

“You are late” she simply said, wearing black jogging pants and a plain white t-shirt with her hair tied in a messy bun..

 

“At least I came” I said and sat down

 

“I’ve been practicing my steps already, should we try it together?”

 

“Sure. I said and played the CD” *move like jagger*

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHg8siW4Ygg(Just imagine the two of them dancing this. XD)

 

Sunny and I danced and danced for 1 and a half hours when I told her that I need to use the toilet..

 

I noticed that it’s raining hard outside when I looked up on the window pane of the toilet while washing my hand and the next thing I knew, I heard a very loud scream at the same time when the lights went off and a loud boom of thunder can be heard..

 

I quickly ran to our dance studio and.. “Sunny ah!!! Sunny ah!!!”

 

I let my eyes adjust to the darkness but no good happened, it’s so dark… I tried to use my senses and with the help of my concentration, I heard the soft sobs on the corner, maybe 10 steps away from me, and BINGO!!!

 

“Sunny ah.. Sunny ah.. gwaenchana?” 

 

“I’m scared…”

 

I was shocked when she hugged me tight, “It’s OK, no need to be scared, I’m here…” that is the time when I felt her loosen her hug then her hands lingered on my face…

 

“I just want to make sure that you are Lu Han..” I stifled a laugh and let her do it… calming down my features.. “Y…you..”

 

“Me? What about me?”

 

“Y..you..”

 

“I am Lu Han..”

 

“Aniyo…”

 

“I am Lu Han..”

 

“Chingoo..”

 

“Huh?”

 

“*sings three bears* did you forgot about it already? Don’t you remember me anymore? I can perfectly remember your facial features… the feeling of touching you… everything is fresh in my mind and heart.. did you not remember  me, despite my essay of us?”

 

“*smiles* You’re not telling the whole truth a while ago”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“The moment I saw you, I know that it’s you actually. Unlike you, I have seen you and your face has been tattooed on my mind… But you didn’t tell them about the key. And most of all YOU HAVE FOUND ME ALREADY yet you said you didn’t…”

 

“That is because..”

 

“Ssshhh..” I leaned a bit closer to her and put my index finger on to hush her, then the lights and here I am 3 inches apart from the girl I have searched for a long time… “Did you have it?”

 

“That is because I don't know your face, only the feeling of touching it.. The key?”

 

“Ne…”

 

She smiled at me, the smile I have waited and wanted to see again for so long… she removed the chain necklace which was being hidden because of her shirt… “I always wore it… I made it to a pendant so that you are near my heart always..”

 

 

I stared at the heart-shaped key on my palm… “Thank you for taking care of my heart…”

 

“I don’t get it…”

 

“You see this key right?”

 

“Ne..”

 

“It’s a heart-shaped key… this is my heart.. And you are the righteous owner of it..”

 

 “But…”

 

“Sunny ah… You are my first love… I admit, I had girlfriends before, but something is always not right.. And when I saw you the first time after our long separation, the day when you transferred here, I realized that I don’t have the part of me which could love another girl because it was already taken by the one I really love…”

 

“Luhan…”

 

“Welcome home Sunny.. Welcome to my heart… Would you choose to stay in it?”

 

“*Smiles* It’s good to be home…”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

“Lu Han..”

 

I blinked as the biggest star approached me with a warm smile, “Ne yeobo?”

 

“It’s time to rest, shall we get inside?”

 

“Mhm…”

 

This might have bored you, might made you think that this is just a simple boy-meets girl story… But for me, all stories are extraordinary… Our story reflects the test of time and as we close this chapter… we are going to begin another chapter of spending the future together… Waking up in a Sunny morning, and sleeping with Sun beside you… I can not ask for more anymore…

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Has finally updated.. I hope you like this one-shot SunHan.. ^^ Thank you for your patience..

 

guys, let's hope for all the chaps to be recovered soon.. kk. -hugs-

 

this cute kid.. omg..