Mystery boy...

A Rose Among The Thorns...

*********Flashback**********

I was all beaten up by those hateful kids... And left alone in the park... It hurted, but overall, I was quite satisfied, that I finally showed them that I was not afraid... I just lying there, it was quite painful to move so I decided to be like that a little bit more... Then, I fell a hand on my shoulder, I quickly turned myself back to defendsive mode, but that hand didn't hurt me, instead, it started to rub my shoulder like a friend should do to comfort the other.


"Kwenchanna? Can you move?" - A worried voice, it was a boy.

"Nae, Leave me alone here, I'm fine." - I answered.

"Aniya, you are not fine at all. Here let me help you, at least go to the bench, not lying here, it's cold."


Then he started helping me up, I winced from the pain... He led me to the nearest bench and sat me there.


"Let me see... Your knees are bleeding a little, and you have many bruises. A group of people beated you?" - He asked.

"N...nae."

"You must be a tough girl. Huhm, wait here, I'll be back ok?"

"Where are you..."


I didn't finish my sentence but he left... I didn't know why but it felt so empty... I was used to being all alone, but why did I suddenly feel so empty right now that he left? Tears started to build up and I was sitting there crying. Weird, I hadn't cried when my own father had left me, I hadn't cried when people had beaten me up, but I cried when a stranger left?


"There there, is it hurt? It's ok oppa is here, don't cry!" - He was back with a bottle of water and something in his hand, "Now drink this while I'm treating you ok?", he gave me the bottle so he could use his free hand to wipe out my tears.


I nodded and took a sip of the water. As the cold wather slid down my dry throat, I did feel better. I looked down to see him treating my wounds. There was a few scratches on my knees coz I was pushed to the ground. While he treating me with cares, I took time to look at him. He has a cute face, with a button nose & puffy cheeks, made me want to caress his cheeks so much... He finished and looked up meeting my gaze... I looked right to the others direction, feeling my cheeks blushed...


"Is there something you wanna share with me? Like, why did they beat you?" - He sat besides my and asked.

"I punched them first."

"Really? Why?"

"They keep saying things about my father left..." - I looked down - "...it was all my fault that he left just like they said right? He said he didn't want me in the first place... So it must be because of me that he left..."


It was like millions of needles poked to my heart at the same time... It was hurt admitting all of this, what I tried to deny... But it was so damn true...


Suddenly, I felt a warm embrace around me... He hugged me, rubbing my back...


"It's not your fault... The older have their own reason for their behavior. I don't know if he wants you or not, love you or not, but you...", he then released me & grabbed my shoulders with his hands, "...you must always love yourself, no matter what others may say about you. Remember you are always precious to someone."

"Really? What if I couldn't find anyone who treasures me besides my mom...?"

"You will. If you couldn't find anyone, remember that there was a little boy back then who treated you when you was all beaten up. He treasures you." - He said with a grin on his face.

"You are not saying that just to comfort me oppa?"

"Nae. Talking with you for just a moment, I know that you are worth it."


Then he took out his necklace.


"Here, you keep this as a reminder, that you always be loved. My mother gave it to me on my birthday."


He wore it for me, the necklace was beautiful, with a simple chain & a ring hooked to it. I grabbed it in my hand and smiled, for the first time since forever... I truly smiled because I was so grateful & happy.


"You are even more beautiful when you smile. What's your name?"

"Haewon. And what's..."

"HAEWON~~!!!"


I didn't have my chance to finish asking my question coz I suddenly heard my mom calling... I stood right up realising it was already dark, it must be late and my mom must be so worried about me...


"MOM, I'M HERE!" - I bursted out, limping a bit coz it still hurted when I moved.

"Where were you I was so... What happened to you? Why are you covered in bruises?" - My mom started to panic.

"It was the hafetul kids who beated me up, and oppa treated me..." - I looked back at the bench, but he was nowhere to be seen, "He was just right there!"

"Ok go home now dear, aigoo how could they do that to you..."


I walked away with my mom, still turning my head back to see if I could see him anywhere... He just disappeared... The only thing kept telling me that he was not a fantasy was the necklace that I was wearing... Wait, I didn't even know his name...

**********End of flashback************


Maybe, for all of those men out there, he is the only one that I can trust. After that day, I kept going back to the park, sitting at the same place to wait for him. But he didn't show up. Then I moved to the big city to study high school coz I won the scholarship. And I hadn't seen him again since that day at the park...


"Haewon-sshi, it's a beautiful day right?"

'Not again' - I groaned in my mind. Quickly put the necklace back inside, I looked up to see he was smiling and putting a bottle of milk in front of me.

"What are you trying to do, Idiot?" - I said, looking at the milk.

"I think you must be hungry. And I just really want to be friend. We have to work with each other till the end of the year, so it's not good if you keep ignoring me like that." - He admited it with a silly smile.

"Listen, you didn't hear anything about me? I am not here to make friends. And being YOUR friend, is the last thing I wanna do!" - I opened my book and started to review the lesson while talking to him.

"At least we have to do the projects together. And we have to hand in one next week. How we suppose to work if you keep doing that?" - He sounded sad.

"Simple, I'll do all the work, then you write your name on it too. Done!"


Yoseob's POV


I headed to the cafeteria when I heard someone calling me...


"Yoseob-sshi, wait up!"

"Annyeong. What's your name?"

"Call me Minkyung or jagiya, your choice keke."

"Minkyung-sshi nice too meet you. Is there anything I can help you?"

"Ah I just want to show my sympathy... Poor you, have to paired up with Haewon."

"Waeyo?"

"She doesn't like you, I mean she doesn't like anyone. Always has the cold look on her face... I wonder why she's so popular..." - She mumbled the last part but I still could hear it.

"Oh it's my fault that she doesn't like me. But I think I can get along with her well, so, thank you." - I nodded & smiled, then got in line and bought some snacks and a bottle of milk.

"Haewon unnie must be sad, she didn't eat anything." - I heard a girl in the line in front of me said. So I paid for my food then went back to class, maybe she was there...


Back to your POV


"And by the way..." - I continued - "... I'm not a beggar, I don't need you to buy anything for me."

"Can't you just accept it as a greeting gift?" - I said and put the bottle of milk in her table drawer coz class started and she seemed didn't want to touch it.


'He was so stubborn. Noone could make me take what I didn't like, so yeah just let that spoiled in the drawer, who cares.'

 

-------------------------

Another chappy!!! And how do you like the new image? I spent whole morning to searched and edited it, seems fine, but not as good as I imagine it would be *facepalm* Guess my skills are not as wild as my imagination keke...

Anyway, who is that 'Mystery mystery (boy), mystery mystery (scene), mystery mystery (love)"? (haha I swear the song didn't pass my mind once till now XD) 

Any idea *wink*???