I'll Be There For You...

A Rose Among The Thorns...

Yoseob's POV


"Huhm... I need that recipe. When you guys get together again, do tell her that!" - Hyunseung scooped a spoon of Haewon's rice porridge and put it in his mouth.

"Hyung~ I'm the one who's sick here!" - I whined.

"Arasseo. Say 'Ah'~" - Hyungseung put the spoon in front of my mouth.

"Geez he's not a kid anymore. He could feed himself." - Doojoon went in and complained when he saw the scene.

"Aniya... When I'm sick I wanna be a kid. Ahhhh~~~" - I and opened my mouth widely for Hyunseung to put the spoon in.

"Aigoo this little kid. I can't believe that you're 18." - Junhyung said, he was lying on my bed.

"... and have a girlfriend." - Gikwang chimed in, earning himself a nudge from Dongwoon.

"Ouch! What was that for?" - He whined.

"Babo hyung, you're not sensitive at all!" - Woonie words made everyone laugh, he was like 'the 2nd Hyunseung'.

"Kwenchanna Woonie ah. How I wish Kiki's words were true..." - I smiled.

"You'll get her back someday, don't worry about that yet. Worry about your health first! Eat!" - Hyunseung shoved another spoonful in my mouth.


Back to your POV


It was Monday again... I went to school early as usual, wondering if Yoseob could come back to school today. I was the first one to come. Sitting down at my seat, I looked over to the seat next to me... It was empty... It had been empty for more than a week, and it would be like that till the end of this year... I sighed... Tracing my fingertip on his table, I missed our moments together, he was here, smiling at me, making little things that cheered me up whenever I was down... Here it comes the pain again... I whinced a bit... I told myself that I wouldn't think about him anymore, but I just... Haish...


Students started to fill the classroom, but there was no sign of Yoseob. Was he still weak? Could he make something to eat? That rice porridge maybe just enough for him in 2 days... I was worried when the teacher came in yet I didn't see him...


"Oh, Yoseob-sshi. It's a pleasure to see you here, are you ok?" - Mr Hong glanced at the door and happily said, I jumped a bit and looked at the door step.

"Nae, I'm fine now. Kamsahamnida seonsengnim." - He answered with a weak smile. He still looked a bit pale, but it was much better than the last time I saw him.


Our gazes met when he passed by me to get to his seat... Just in a fraction of a second was enough to make my heart jumping around in my chest... He was fine... I let out a relieved sigh and smiled to myself... That was all I need to know...

 

Everyone came to ask if he was ok in the breaktime and he kindly answered them.

 

"You caught a cold? And how could you managed by yourself alone?"

"I dreamt that an angel came and she took care of me, after that I felt much better and recover very quick! I'm really thankful~!" - He playfully said, making them laughed... I didn't look back to know that he wanted to thank me in his own way, as I automatically drew a slight smile on my face...


Class ended and I went to the library to get some books home to study. I studied a lot these days, and I wanted to fill all of my free time, so reading books maybe a good idea... After picking a few books, I walk out of the library... The school was very empty... Everyone rushed home to study... As I was walking out of the school, I heard some foot steps behind me...


I turned back and saw two school boys just a few steps behind. I knew them, they were the jerks at school that kept following me and flirting me for almost three years... I ignored them and continued walking but I was blocked by three more, suddenly appeared in front of me...


"What do you want?" - I was used to their tease and flirtation, but I could feel this was something different.

"Cold Queenka trying to be tough huh? We had enough honey. You think you could reject all of us and walk away easily?" - A big jerk in front of me threatened, moving towards me.

"Get lost. I don't have time for your joke." - I said and walked pass him.


But they really didn't intend to let me go easily this time... A hand grabbed my arm and yanked me back, I lost ballance and fell into his grip.


"Date one of us, your choice." - He whispered in my ear and turned me back to face the other four, still had his tight grip around my waist and arms.

"Let go." - I snapped.

"Wrong choice. So I think you have to date all of us today." - He said and let out an evil laugh.


The other four approached, they all put a filthy smirk on their face... The jerk who was holding me turned me around to face him, forced me into a kiss... I kicked him in the balls really hard, he groaned in pain and let go of me. But I couldn't run or do anything else coz the others grabbed me and held me still. I struggled to get out of the gribs of two boys behind me.


"Gosh, that hurts." - The jerk whom I hurted earlier got up and I could say he was furious - "Aish, this little !"


The other two let go of me when he lifted his hand up and slapped me. I lost my ballance and fell on the ground. That hurted, but I had experienced worst. So I quickly got up... 'It's gonna be a hard day, but sorry I refuse to play with you all today.'


I didn't know how could I handle those five, but at least I gonna fight till dead for my dignity and hopefully someone would pass by and help me.


As soon as one of them stormed towards me, someone jumped in between and blocked his hand. He had strong and firmed shoulders which gave me a feeling of being protected when I stood behind him... It was a familiar figure, the one I loved and couldn't stop thinking of...


"Yoseob?"


I could feel a strong grip holding me back and dragged me away from him, while the other four had their way with him. No, no... He is still weak how could he fight four big guys alone?


I screamed for help but that jerk cover my mouth with his hand so I could only let out small whimpers... I struggled to get out while witnessing the fight... I didn't know Yoseob could fight. He managed really well to defend and knew when was the right time to attack. But clearly he was out-numbered. One of them caught him off-guarded and threw a punch right into his face. He fell on the ground and I could see blood dripping from his nose. I teared up seeing those bad boys hurting him and I could only stand away looking at him... I felt useless. Yoseob didn't let that knock him out, he stood up right away, wiped his nose with his sleeve and gave the one hit him a revenge punch. That jerk got a knock out and lying painfully on the ground...


I couldn't stand and see him like this, I had to help. So I stamped on the toes of the jerk holding me really hard, he was surprised and he let go of me, not just let go, he literally pushed me away from him so I fell, in a not so comfortable position that made my left ankle hurted so much.


'At this time and you decided to sprain your ankle, how nice Haewon!' - I mentally scolded myself.


"Haewon!" - Yoseob heard the thud and turned around to see me lying on the ground. I lifted my head up and saw one of the boys who was fighting with him pick up a stick... He took a chance that Yoseob turned his back to them and he barged in, about to hit Yoseob from behind and finished the game.


'Ani, Haewon up UP! You are not gonna let him do that!' - I forced myself up and ran towards Yoseob... My ankle started to give me pain, but I couldn't watch Yoseob got hurt anymore... I rushed into him and he automatically opened his arms to catch me, as I threw my arms over his shoulders to cover his back of the neck and head. I could hear a bang and felt the impact right away... It was painful... I bit my lips and squeezed my eyes shut to hold the groan inside... I could feel Yoseob still holding me and turned his face around, knowing what had just happened, and gave that jerk a kick. As the pain faded and I could endure it, I let go of him and judging the situation. I couldn't fight in this condition, and he lost a lot of his strength too. We couldn't deal with five guys at a time, so we should either run or scream for help. We unintentionally linked our hand together, back facing each other like we were a team and got each other's back... Those bastards surrounded us, and when they were smirking and about to approach us, I could see 5 more appeared from nowhere...


"10? You have got to be kidding me! Yoseob ah there's no way we could fight all of them." - I whispered to him, still wandered my eyes around to check the new boys that seemed to join the unequal battle... But I could feel Yoseob's body relaxed a bit... Before I knew what happened, the five mysterious boys circled us, back-facing us and blocking us from the bad boys.


"Yoseob, you and Haewon go, we could handle these jerks." - The tall one with black hair and manly face said.

"Thank you Doojoon hyung. Call me when thing's done." - I heard Yoseob said and he quickly pulled me out.


Yoseob still linked his hand with mine, dragged me out of the mess... I was a bit stunned and didn't quite sure what just happened, I just followed him. He walked a bit fast and my fail ankle tripped me, I lost my ballance and fell, but he was faster and held me in his arms...


"You cannot walk. Your ankle sprained right?" - He asked, anxiously looked at my left ankle.

"Aniya, I'm fine. I can walk." - I tried to stand straight.

Yoseob looked at me, his eyes were deep and full of disapprovements, "Do you have to be stubborn like that?"


I didn't say anything and kept my head down... He was right, I was always stubborn and didn't accept that I was in trouble or need anyone's help. I thought Yoseob was mad at me...


"Mianhae." - I whispered.

"Get up, I'll give you a piggy back ride." - He kneed in front of me, it was more like a command than a suggestion. I hesitated, coz I didn't want to bother him, and he was injured too... Yoseob seemed to know my thoughts, he turned his head back to look at me, his eyes were kinda sad, "Haewon... Please..."


I couldn't deny when he looked at me like that, so I awkwardly got on his back as he lifted me up. I put my arms over his shoulders and held onto him loosely... We were so closed, I rested my face on his shoulder and I could clearly feel his scent... I didn't get as close to any boy before, but I could smell their cologne from a distance. For Yoseob, he didn't use cologne, and I thought he didn't have to, he had a sweet yet very manly scent, it just the first time I knew it and I already loved it, it really calmed me down and made me feel peaceful... We didn't say any words to each other, like everytime we accompanied each other on the street... But everytime, I felt the same peaceful feeling when I walked beside him... It was just pure trust, now I understand my feeling for him, I know that my heart was telling me that he was my other half... But I couldn't have him... I let out a sighed into his shirt, knowing that this gonna end soon, and we had to seperate again...

 

But for now, let just enjoy each other accompany... Left out the noisy streets, I closed my eyes and I could hear my heartbeat... And also... His heartbeat... Seems like they are beating at the same pace, harmony each other...

 

---------------------------

This chap take like forever~~~~~~ I didn't know write a detailed fight scene was that hard! English is my second language, so there was a lot of things I wanna describe (but fail>"<) and had to search it up a lot! I even watch some video on Youtube when they teach people how to defend to learn the phrases and words XD! So bear with me nae^^, I just hope I give you an excited feeling and an adrenaline rush when you read the fight scene... If I couldn't do that, mianhae I'll try again next time *bow*

And wow, time flies, one more chap and this fanfic ends. I promise the next chap will be romantic (and of course emotional^^) Thank you for supporting me, new and old subscribers, those who takes your time to comment for me... I love you all~

Kamsahamnida~~~