Romantic.

Romantic.

 


(A/N: MANDATORY BACKGROUND MUSIC
This color pertains to the song lyrics.)

 

“Woah~”

You were sitting on the floor with your feet spread out as your elbow rested on top of your knees- It was and Indian position. You were rested in front of the huge wall mirror inside a dance studio located somewhere in the busy streets of Apgujeong-dong.

You were all hyped up when Taemin pulled you out of your little haven claiming that you would go out on your first official date. But contrary to that- you’re now here, stuck in a practice room watching him dance.

Plain boring.

Not that seeing him move smoothly with the melodic beat wasn’t fascinating… it was just….. You expected something more. You expected to go to Myeongdeong or perhaps Hongdae, not Apgujeong… You expected something more than this.

Expectation is the root of all heartaches indeed.

A movie date will do- A lunch out will be better- A day in Lotte World would be fun- But strolling hand in hand in a park is the best. Fluff. Just like that. Teen ideal dates.

But what are you doing? Heh, watching him maneuver on the dance floor.

Not cool bro.

You heaved out a sigh as you swallowed another yawn as dew formed in your eyes. You fought the urge to roll your eyes or cross your arms in front of you. Sure, he is a great dancer. You know that. His dancing skill amazes you but watching him dance for a whole hour can be tiresome too; but you can’t say a thing since you would not want to offend.

“Hey,” he finally stopped dancing and started to make his way towards you. “I watching me dance really that dreary?” He asked disappointment prominent in his voice. He stopped walking when he was right in front of you, towering you with his height.

Caught from his act of dismay- you mouth hang open as you blinked your eyes several times.

“Ah- ah- It’s just- I it’s- uh- I- It’s” You struggled to find your words looking around the room as he stared at you waiting for you to finish.

Giving up- you sighed deeply and pursed your lips together.

You looked around the room looking for an answer, battling it out withing yourself if ou should lie or tell the truth as the sng continued to play in the background.

“Still I have romantic in my heart,”

“I’m sorry,” You breathed out. Truth. You decided

“It’s just that- I-I expected something…. Different.” You sighed one more time and looked at your fingers.

There was, then again, a moment of taciturn.

 “Ani, I’m the one who’s sorry.” He kneeled down in front of you to match your heights. Your face started to warm up but then it became warmer as a pair of hands reached out to cup its sides and lift it up. “I just thought you’d like to see me dance since- a lot wanted to.” He spoke as his face was only inches away from yours, his breath tickling your face.

You tried your best not to get lost in his hazel brown eyes, but before you knew it, you got swallowed in those brown swirls.

A lump started to build in your throat as you managed to swallow through it, “I appreciate it though, thanks....” You spoke as you tried to keep your voice steady, holding onto his gaze.

He gave out a small smile as you smiled with your eyes.

“Still I have romantic in my heart~”

Now the room was dead silent. The music stopped playing as both of you held your breaths and stared.

“That’s the end of the playlist by the way.” He said and smiled playfully, “Oh- so is that the end of our date too?" You cocked you head sideways, his hands not letting go of your jaw, “Hm~” He looked away and pouted while thinking, “Ani.” He stated and looked back at you, “Ne?” You knitted your brows in confusion, “It’s just the start…” your brows knitted tighter, “Aigoo~” He squished you face and played with your cheeks, “It depends on how a person defines a date… For us, this would be our first…. And I kinda ruined it…” He chuckled lightly, “You didn’t!” You said and tried to raise his spirits. “Psh, I did..... You were bored…” He wrinkled his nose, “Aniyo. It’s okay. Really.” You shook your head and smiled. “Let me make it up to you then.”

He let go of your face and for one moment there you were disappointed. Your face felt bare. But as soon as his hands found yours, your heart skipped a beat as well.

“Up up!” He said in a childlike manner, “Waeyo~?” You said lazily swaying on your seat, “Just up~” He answered matching your intonation.

You grunted for a second as he pulled you up with him. “Now what?” You asked eyeing him, “We dance.” He said while shrugging as he started walking backwards, pulling you. Upon hearing that, you stiffened and buried your feet in the ground, “You know I can’t dance…” You said in a-matter-of-fact-tone. He pulled harder, “You can. You just don’t” He pulled and pulled until you budged.

“But there’s no music.” You pointed out as he started positioning himself in front of you placing your arms on top of his shoulder awkwardly.

He smiled one genuine smile as he wriggled until my arms became clamer.

“You don’t need music to dance; you need a heartbeat.” He whispered and pulled me even closer until we were in a hugging position, slowly rocking sideways,

“Now listen closely to mine as it screams your name.”

---------------

FIN.

I'm going crazy. >w<
Thanks for reading! ^o^v
Comment?

, K