Of Footie Pajamas & Spaghetti

Of Footie Pajamas & Spaghetti

 

“Hyung? Wake up.” Kyungsoo feels a sharp push on his shoulder and he groans, snuggling further into his comforter. “Soo?” Kyungsoo hums a sound of acknowledgment. “Wake up, please?

 

The covers are pulled off. “Jongin, no…” He clutches for the blankets but they’re already past his feet. “Jongin,” he whines, his eyes still shut. “Give it back.”

 

“No, wake up first.”

 

“Ugh, why?”

 

“I, um. I had a nightmare. And I’m hungry.” Kyungsoo sighs and cracks open an eye. It’s quite dark in the room but he can still make out Jongin’s outline hovering above him, the moonlight dancing off the fuzzy material of his pajamas.

 

“Why do you still wear those?” He sits up and rubs his eyes, stifling a yawn.

 

“You said they look cute.” He can practically hear Jongin pouting.

 

“Right.” He reaches over to turn the lamp on. Jongin is pouting and he’s wearing those fuzzy white footie pajamas with the pink polka dots again. “What do you want?”

 

“I want you to get up and make some food. And maybe a hug.” He whispered the last part but Kyungsoo still hears him. He doesn’t hug him though. Instead, he rubs circles into his back as he guides him out of the room and into the kitchen, where Jongin props himself up onto the counter.

 

“What would you like to eat?”

 

“Food.”

 

Kyungsoo pokes Jongin’s thigh. ”No duh. What do you actually want to eat?”

 

“Spaghetti.” He pokes Kyungsoo’s forehead in retaliation.

 

“You could have just gotten that yourself then.” He pulls out a container from the refrigerator and pops it in the microwave.

 

“Yeah, but I wanted you to do it.” Kyungsoo glares. “I can like, taste the love when you make it.” Kyungsoo continues to glare. He finally mutters, “I wanted company.” Jongin’s pouting again and Kyungsoo has to poke Jongin’s cheek to make him stop.

 

“Don’t do that.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“You look sad.”

 

“But I am sad.”

 

“Don’t be.”

 

“Wait, you mean I don’t look cute when I pout?”

 

“No.” He takes out the container and passes it to Jongin with a pair of chopsticks.

 

Jongin hungrily shoves some in his mouth. “I can be cute,” he says through a mouthful of food. There’s a noodle hanging out of his mouth and sauce on his chin.

 

“Yeah, as cute an ogre.” Kyungsoo wipes the sauce off with his fingers.

 

“I am cute. Look!” He puts the food down and slides off the counter. “Buing buing!”

 

“I think I’m going to barf.” Jongin shoves him and Kyungsoo laughs. “I’m kidding, jeez.”

 

“Don’t.” Jongin pouts again, climbing back onto the counter. “Feed me. As punishment.”

 

“What are you? Three?”

 

“No, three years olds are cute and I’m not cute, so no.” 

 

“You are cute, okay?” Kyungsoo picks up the container and the chopsticks.

 

“You’re just saying that.” He eats the spaghetti that Kyungsoo nudges towards him.

 

“I’m not.” Jongin chews obnoxiously. “Also, how did this go from being hungry and having nightmares to you being cute?”

 

Jongin shrugs. “It’s your fault. You said I wasn’t- mmpf.” Kyungsoo shoves the rest of the spaghetti in Jongin’s open mouth before dumping the container and chopsticks in the sink.

 

He laughs before settling in between Jongin’s legs, resting his hands on Jongin’s thighs. “What was your nightmare about?” He waits for him to finish chewing.

 

“You’ll laugh.”

 

“Maybe. So, tell me.”

 

“Um, we were in the middle of dance practice…” Kyungsoo nods. “And um, Sehun… He- During our little break, he, uh… kisses me and you saw and got mad and wouldn’t talk to me and- Kyungsoo! You said you wouldn’t laugh!”

 

“I’m sorry, sor- no, wait. I didn’t say I wouldn’t laugh.” Kyungsoo laughs more and tries to back up but can’t. Jongin’s legs have locked around him and Jongin keeps half-heartedly punching his chest. “Ow, ouch. Okay, I’ll stop laughing.” He takes a deep breath to calm down a little. 

 

“It’s not funny.”

 

“It is a little. As if Sehun would ever kiss you.

 

“You’re an awful boyfriend,” Jongin mutters, unlocking his legs. “I’m a great catch you know.”

 

“Of course.” Kyungsoo smiles. “I’m a great catcher then?”

 

“No. Lucky.”

 

“Yes, I’m very lucky then.” He steps back and tugs on Jongin’s arm. “Come on. It’s only two, we should go back to sleep.”

 

Jongin allows himself to be pulled by Kyungsoo back into their shared room and closes the door with his foot. “You only made me food. What about the other thing I asked for?”

 

Kyungsoo is already climbing into bed and moves all the way to wall and pats the space beside him. “I haven’t forgotten.”

 

Kai tries to look indifferent but fails, smiling as he crawls in beside him. Kyungsoo throws the blankets over them and presses himself against Jongin’s back and wrapping his arms around his waist. About five minutes of blissful silence pass before Jongin speaks, “I’m still the man in this relationship?”

 

“What?”

 

“You may be holding me, but I still wear the pants in this relationship, right?”

 

“We both wear pants.”

 

“Yes, but I wear the metaphorical pants?”

 

“Sure. You’re my big strong man. In footie pajamas.”

 

“Shut up, it gets cold. Anyway, you do the cooking so…”

 

Kyungsoo slaps his shoulder before nuzzling his neck. “Shut up and go to sleep.”

 

“Fine.”

 

“Goodnight.”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Soo!”

 

“I love you too.” 

 

 

 

A:N: thanks for reading!