Little Love Bites #1 || A Missing Kiss

Little Love Bites

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I missed you…

 

My heart skipped at the sound of your name, it leaped at your sight, it fell at your near presence.


The moment I first saw you, I knew I was attracted. Mainly not because of who you are or how you looked, but because of the role you play, there was something inside that tells me that I had to like you, and I did.

 

Impressions lasts, I absolutely know about it, and the way you smiled on our first encounter, I knew it was right that I liked you, that it was beyond the reason why I’ve come to liked you first. It was a mere physical attraction, I must say. And I don’t regret it. I am not a hypocrite and I admit it. Who doesn’t right? Idealism of love aside, we people tend to have gravitation towards persons with good visuals. And I am of no exemption. 

 

We never had the chance to be close, despite the ultimate bond that bound our circle of friends. The reason? Even I do not know. The awkwardness? The discreet tension that lies in between? Or probably we do not go along the same wavelength unlike with the others. And yes, it was fine, it was utterly fine for me. Neither was I pained or hurt, probably a bit, but not to the extent that I’ll remember it. Because I knew for a fact that I had only come to like you because of your appearance, offense-aside. I know you are a good person, outwardly I can see it. But I haven’t got the chance to delve into you further.

 

The feelings that I got for you was underdeveloped, a bud that remained on its state, and was never given the chance to bloom.

 

But one event racked my fragile heart, the instability of it heightened, and for a moment, you confounded me, more than you should.

 

After several months of being lost in the circulation, as I drown myself with work and more personal stuff, came a chance for a reunion. We reunited. We, as in our circle of friends. Aside from the pure exhaustion from the activity I had prior and the sleepless night that accompanied it, everything was quite okay. I had fun, I was happy seeing everyone, talking to them, chatting and laughing like we always did. It was perfectly memorable. But you had managed to made an imprint out of that night.

 

It was supposed to be a peaceful night, a serene goodbye. We let out our arms and embrace everyone, feeling the warmth of each seeping it, the happiness still contained in our hearts. It took long for me to suppress my tears, because it was a fact that I missed these friends, I missed their company, I missed them as a whole. But eventually I did.

 

And then I stumble upon you.

 

 

We took each other in an embrace. I was took into a confusion as I was lost in a stupor, feeling you close to me, closer than you should. It was a tight embrace, tighter than anyone had given me, and for an instant it came to me that probably you had missed me so much that only a hug could express your emotions. I was glad, and though shocked, a smile was curved into my lips as I enjoyed the warmth, and the sincerity that comes with it. 

 

Few seconds is enough, really, as a for of goodbye, but then the time ticked longer, and I knew for a fact that it wasn’t anything exaggerated by the moment. Literally it took long, our embrace. I closed my eyes for a moment, thinking that in the next seconds you’ll soon break free from me. But the next thing that happened jarred me.

 

I felt your lips.. close to my cheeks.

 

The exhaustion was probably a deterrent to keep my conscious state, but I knew I was just as sober. However I wasn’t sure if my senses had deceived me. But not only did I felt you lips brushed my cheeks, and stopped to plant a soft kiss on my tired cheek, but I swear I heard the soft sound of your kiss, that seemed to play a melody that rang a misleading tune in my head. We break away, and I knew that you saw how astounded I was. 

 


I needed a distraction, I direly needed it the moment we left each other’s arms, and thank God He sent another friend right away, pulling me out from the scene before I could even gasp in reaction.

 

But as she talked to me, my mind was fluttering to that moment, that second of a kiss that left me confounded. We had never been close for you to take me longer in your arms. We never had an attachment for you to plant a sweet kiss on me.

 

Why? A year had almost passed, but I never understood why. No connection after that, absolutely nothing.

 

Was it just, a missing kiss?

 


Or just a figment of imagination, a slipped part of a parallel universe that came but never occurred?