Operation M.O.N.S.T.E.R

M.O.N.S.T.E.Rs

Seunghyun rode in the back of the government issue black van. He stared out the window, unsure what he would find in the place he was going. He was going to the M.O.N.S.T.E.R Training Program right outside of the Seoul radiation plant. In this program, street kids were brought in and genetically enhanced to be 'military heroes'. After they were altered in the labs, they were sent to the center where they were trained to be in the military as GEOs, or Genetically Enhanced Officers. Seunghyun had only ever heard about the process, but he had been promoted as the 'trainee coordinator' at the M.O.N.S.T.E.R program from his job as the President of the program's bodyguard. When the van arrived outside of the center's gates, he was shocked. The gates were composed of chain-link metal with barbed wire curls at the top. The compound was composed completely of gray concrete, black asphalt, and metal fences. There were cement watch towers with spotlights and what looked to be bulletproof glass windows. The compound was deadly silent, but he identified it as the fight training compound. He looked at his watch. 18:34, which meant the trainees were most likely eating dinner. He was escorted inside, where he was led down a hallway filled with windows. Behind each window was a room containing a bed, a desk, and a separate door which led to a bathroom. Each room was assigned to one trainee. He looked in the first window he walked by. It contained a young boy, no older then 12, with short black hair and a slight, muscular frame. He wore dark wash jeans and a black long sleeved tee shirt. Seunghyun stopped to look at the clipboard containing his information. 

 
Name: Lee Seunghyun
Trainee Name: Seungri
Age: 16
Military Enhancement: Can control people's actions, can shapeshift
Additional Information: Younger brother to trainee Kwon Jiyong. Afraid of water.
 
Seunghyun set the clipboard back into the slot on the wall. He placed his hand on the window and the boy's head shot up. As it did, the light caught the reflective jumble of numbers and letters branded on his forehead. His clear, gray eyes stared straight at Seunghyun, almost as if he could see right through him. They made eye contact, and Seunghyun saw that his eyes were full of fear and... 
"Choi!" the President barked. "Don't associate with the M.O.N.S.T.E.Rs! And keep up. We are on a tight schedule."
Seunghyun tore his eye's from Seungri's grey eyed grip. He walked quickly to catch up with his new boss, but stopped at another window. Inside was another boy. He had muted red hair with a single horn standing tall on the left side of his head. His skin was pale white, and his lip held a single, diamond studded piercing. But his eyes caught Seunghyun. He had eyes the color of rose quartz, a dull, dusty pink. Seunghyun looked at his boss, whom was stopped in the hallway, talking hurriedly to someone. He his lips nervously and grabbed the clipboard off the wall. 
 
Name: Kwon Jiyong
Trainee Name: G Dragon
Age: 18
Military Enhancement: Has the ability to control and create fire, can cause pain through distorting ad controlling ones thoughts.
Additional Information: Older brother to trainee Lee Seunghyun. Emotional scars from childhood.
 
Seunghyun looked for an elaboration on the emotional scars, but there were no more words. He placed the clipboard back in the wall and looked in the window. The red haired boy was staring at him blankly. Seunghyun stared at him, then looked down the hall at the President. He had just finished talking to whoever he was talking to, so Seunghyun ran down the hallway to catch up with him, stealing one last glance at the red haired, jewel eyed boy in the window.
 
The President led Seunghyun down a dark, wooden hallway.
"This is where the psychological
training. This is the most difficult portion of the GEO training."
As if to conclude his point, Seunghyun heard a frightened scream generate from one of the rooms. He walked over to one of the padlocked wooden doors and peered in the window. In the chair sat a white haired boy, no older then 17. His eyes  were closed and he was strapped into a chair, some kind of machine hooked up to the wires that were placed on his head. His face was pale with fear and his fists were clenched tightly around the armrests. Seunghyun turned to the President.
"Sir, not to sound critical, but what is the meaning of this 'psychological training'?"
"Well, Choi, when we send M.O.N.S.T.E.Rs out to the battlefield, we need them to be fearless. In these test simulations, they face their greatest fears. This one," he said, gesturing to the white haired boy, "Is currently facing his fear of gunfire."
The President turned around to see a boy being pushed into the simulation room.
"Ah, Choi. Come, let me show you am interesting case."
Seunghyun followed the President to the room and looked in the window. His fists clenched and he in air through his teeth. It was the red haired boy from earlier.
"This," the President said. "Is Officer G Dragon. We found him an his younger brother, Lee Seunghyun, now known as Officer Seungri, living on the streets. They both possessed qualities of being fine GEOs, so we entered them in the training program. Now, Seungri has quite a common fear, which is water. G Dragon, however, has quite an unusual fear. His fear is any man that is older then he is."
Seunghyun leaned against the wall. That was quite an unusual fear. All of the sudden, a blood curdling scream erupted from G Dragon's room, making Seunghyun jump. He watched as tear leaked onto the boy's face, his skin paling with raw fear. The President sighed.
"Because his fear is so uncommon, we are having trouble ridding him of it. But, usually a good whipping or beating will get him to man up."
"Whipping, sir?"
"Yes, Choi. You never seen a whip before?"
Seunghyun was appalled by everything that was happening in this training center, dare he call it that. Torture chamber was a more appropriate name. Seunghyun knew what was going on wasn't right. These trainees were just innocent kids. It wasn't right, and he knew he could do something about it. But he was going to need the trainee's help, but he was willing to do anything to get these kids away from their never ending nightmare.