You May Now Call Me 'Oppa'

More Than Friends

Well it’s been almost a year since you met the famous Jaebeom and you guys have been hanging out pretty much every day and you two became really close. You now considered him as a best friend and he considered you as the same.  You enjoyed spending time with him and you slowly developed feelings for him. You haven’t really noticed your feelings for him… yet.

“You got a message. You got a message.” Your ringtone went off with that little cute voice of a child. You pick up your phone and opened a new message.

As usual, you smiled when you saw the name.

Jay : [Hey Shinhye! You busy today?]

Sent: [Anni, wae? O.o]

Jay: [Let’s chill today :)]

Sent: [Where are we going?]

Jay: [Well… How about the park?]

Sent: [The Park? Sure. I’ll be there in 15.]

Jay: [Arrasso :)]

 

You put your phone away and quickly ran to your closet to look for a cute outfit. For some reason, you always liked to look cute in front of Jay. You put on a casual dress and touched it up with a necklace, a few bracelets and a bag.

You finally finished getting ready and headed out for the park, smiling all the way there. You looked all around and saw that Jay still hasn’t arrived so you sat on the park bench and looked at the sky. You took a deep breath. Ah, the air feels so good.

 

Suddenly, a pair of hands covered your eyes, “Don’t scream or I’ll kill you.” A deep voice said.
 

You froze. You didn’t know what to do. You didn’t recognize the voice and you didn’t wanna die. The hand slowly moved away.

 

“I missed you.” A familiar voice said.

 

You quickly turned around to see who was behind you and saw your best friend laughing. You smacked his arm. “Yah! You scared me!” You yelled.

 

“Mianhe, but your reaction is so cute and funny.” He said, sticking his tongue out.

 

You pouted and pursed your lips. “You’re lucky I didn’t punch you in the face.” You mumbled.

He gasped and covered his mouth with his hands, “You would hit your one and only best friend?!”

 

You chuckled a little, “Yes. And you’re not even my one and only best friend.” You stuck your tongue out.

 

He pouted a little and smiled, “I know. But I’m the best one, no doubt.”

 

“Believe whatever you want Jay-ssi.” You walked in front of him and smiled.

 

Still Jay-ssi? Why doesn’t she wanna call me oppa? “Yah, wait up!” He ran towards you.

 

“Stop being such a slow poke!”

 

He rolled his eyes and chuckled to himself as you two walked to your special hangout. You two had a spot in the park where you guys would always go to. Your special place was under a huge, beautiful tree. You both didn’t know why, but you two really loved that tree. It was like your own happy world wrapped in a tree. Anywho, enough rambling…

 

You sat down on the ground and looked at the sky. You looked to the side and saw Jay. He looked as if he was deep in his thoughts. You wondered what he was thinking about. He looked at you and a small curve appeared on his face. You blushed, you didn’t know why but you did it.

 

“Hey Shinhye?”

 

You looked back at the beautiful sun, “Hm?”

 

“Am I your best friend?”

 

“Well… You’re one of my best friends.”

 

“Oh so I’m not your best friend?” He pouted.

 

“We’ve talked about this before… You’re ONE of my best friends.”

 

“Why am I not your BEST friend?!” He whined.

 

You rolled your eyes and shook his head. He saw your reaction and smiled.

 

“I’m gonna miss you.”

 

You looked at him with a confused expression as he continued talking. Miss?

 

“I’m happy that I met you Shinhye. You’re a really good friend to me and I would never want you to leave me.”

 

Your heart warmed and a smile grew on your face. His words touched you and you absolutely felt the same way about him. But your smile instantly turned into a straight face when you heard these exact words:

 

“I’m going to miss you so much when I go back to Korea.”

 

Hold the phone. What? What? What?! Go back to Korea? What the hell is he talking about?

 

“What are you saying?”

 

He looked at you with a serious face. His eyes looked like they were full of regret.

“I gotta go back to Korea tomorrow.”

 

“You…gotta be kidding me…”

“I’m not…”

 

Disappointment filled your body all over. Your best friend was. To-ing-morrow. You didn’t want him to. No. Not at all.

 

“Wae?”

 

“My manager said my break here was done. And then I have to go back.”

 

Tears started gathering in your tear ducts. You didn’t know why this hurt you so much. Your voice cracked.

 

“A-are you c-coming back…?” A tear fell down your cheek.

 

Jay wrapped his arms around you tightly and buried his face into your shoulder. You felt a warm drop of water on your shoulder which made you realize that he was crying too.

 

“I’ll make sure to come visit you.”

 

You stayed in his embrace and squeezed his shirt tightly, making his shirt wrinkled. But that didn’t matter right now. You cried harder and Jay did too, but to keep his manly image, he managed to cry less.

He pulled away and tucked the strands of hair that was covering your cute crying face. He wiped your tears.

 

“I want you to do something before I leave.”

 

You looked up at his eyes, “What?”

 

“I want you to call me ‘oppa’ from now on. Arrasso?”

 

You smiled and nodded. “Arrasso, oppa.”