Old Habits Die Hard

More Than Friends

You slowly closed the door as you heard the water running downstairs. After you had finished breakfast, Jay had told you to take a shower and get dressed while he took care of the dishes. You smiled at his kindness to do as he said. Little things he did such as this always made your heart flutter.

 

Jay turned his head to see you going up the stairs. He chuckled a bit when he realized that you were skipping one step on the stairs, trying to go up as fast as you could in a short amount of time. She’s so silly. It reminded him of how you were when you two started hanging out. Whenever you both saw stairs, you guys would race to see who could get to the top first and that was how you would win most of the time till he started using your method. He smiled more as scrubbed the plates, still thinking. He thought about how you weren’t afraid to show your inner child. He admired that about you; which soon transformed from admire to love.

6 minutes past and he was finished with the dishes. He wiped his hand on a towel that was hanging by the fridge and looked up. I wonder if she’s in the shower yet. He went up the stairs and stopped by the bathroom door, hearing the water hitting the shower tiles. You hummed a tune which echoed through the room. Being the sharp listener he was, he recognized his new song.

Joah ni modeun geosi joah

Meoributeo balkkeutkkajido
Jogeuman haengdongkkaji hana hana
Da joah ni modeun geosi joah
Neowa hamkkeramyeon jeulgeowo
Sigani jinalsurok deo joahjyeo

His lips curved up a bit as he remembered how he felt while he wrote the song and who he was thinking about during the process of writing it. I should probably stop being a creep and get ready. He thought before walking to his temporary room.

 

 

You stuck your head out of the bathroom and looked around to see if there was anyone in sight. Deciding that there was no one, you dashed to your room and immediately locking the door. You looked around for your towel and wiped your body. “How could I forget my towel…” You mumbled.

Usually you wouldn’t mind not bringing a towel with you to the shower since you didn’t really care about being in your own house. But now since Jay is here, you can’t do so on your own free will. Your phone vibrated from your bed and you picked it up, seeing a new message.

Bestie: [Shinny! What are you doing today? ^~^]

Sent: [Gonna hang out~]

Bestie: [oooOOOOooooo, with who? OuO]

Sent: [Jay ^u^

Bestie: [I see~! Have fun c: and tell him!]

Sent: [I can’t… >3< not yet…]

Bestie: [What are you waiting for? ._.]

Sent: [For him to show a sign that he likes me back ‘3’]

Bestie: [Don’t wait >_> just do]

Sent: [asdfghhjkl. I’ll try.]

Bestie: [Good girl. Now have fun okay? And I expect every detail when you get home]

Sent: [Hehe >u< okay, I love youuu]

Bestie: [Love you tooo c:]

You checked the weather and saw that the weather was nice. Since it was nearing fall, the weather was getting colder. You liked the cold and it seemed like you dressed better during winter than in summer. You set your phone back down on the bed and checked your closet, looking for the perfect outfit for today.

 

 

 

 

You spun around in front of the full-length mirror and did cute poses in front of it. Smiling and nodding in satisfactory, you grabbed your phone and went downstairs.

Min Jee: [You better show her a good time today.]

Sent: [Alright mom xD]

Jay looked to the side and saw you coming down the stairs. He took in your appearance and that strange yet familiar feeling in his stomach came again. It was always there whenever he saw you. He stood up and you guys just stared at each other for a bit, giving you a minute to analyze what he was wearing. He was just wearing a casual white tee with a navy blue sweater over it and jeans. He also wore a beanie, since he absolutely loved hats and beanies just like you did.

 “Let’s go?”

You smiled and replied with a nod.

 

 

You walked around aimlessly as you followed Jay. You didn’t know where you guys were going or what you guys were going to do but you didn’t mind. As long as Jay was with you, you didn’t care. Looking around, you saw that there were little shops around and judging by the letters on the outside, you guessed that you were in some really Asian place. You’ve never been to this part of New York so you didn’t recognize anything.

“Jay we’re going shopping again?”

“Nah, we’re just looking around for a present for a friend.”

“Oh… why am I here?”

“I want you here. Got a problem?”

You didn’t respond to his smart remark and just rolled your eyes, wondering about this friend of his. Is it a girl? Is she pretty? You looked to the side and saw an ice cream vendor, completely abandoning your thoughts. You stopped in your tracks and pulled Jay’s shirt, making him turn to you. “What?”

You pointed to the ice cream cart and gave him the best puppy eyes you could make, “Can we get ice cream please!”

Jay sighed in defeat as he nodded and you dragged him, smiling in victory.

“Oh hello, nice day, isn’t it?” The old clerk smiled, his wrinkles more visible.

You smiled at the nice old man and nodded, “Yes it really is!”

He looked up at Jay and then at you, “What a nice looking couple I have in front of me. How long have you two been dating?”

The question completely took you and Jay by surprise and you two looked at each other, cheeks crimson red and you looked back at the old man. “Oh no sir! He’s not my boyfriend, he’s just a good friend!” You waved your hands in front of you frantically, your face turning into the shade of a tomato while Jay just stayed silently, also turning the shade of a tomato. I wish I was your boyfriend though.

The old man chuckled and nodded, “Oops my apologies. What will you have today?”

“I’ll have chocolate please.” Your smile grew wider, your eyes turning into crescent moons. Jay stared at your face, unconsciously smiling along with you. The clerk nodded, glancing at Jay before getting out a cone.

“And what about you sir?”

“I’ll have vanilla.” You looked at him and giggled, making Jay’s heart beat harder and faster.

 

The ice cream clerk gave you two the ice cream and Jay paid for both of yours while saying goodbyes to the kind old man. You your chocolate ice cream, holding the cone with both hands. Jay stared at you while his, you resembled a little kid. The two of you decided to take a seat and just enjoy the delicious dessert. You looked around to admire the place. It was really clean and the stores were very bright and colorful. Jay decided to break the comfortable silence.

“What are you looking at?”

“Nothing… It just looks really nice here.”

“Yeah… I can’t believe you don’t know this place.” He stuck his tongue out.

“Hey! You should know that I barely go out.”

“I just feel like you’re the one who went to Korea while I stayed here.” He laughed, his voice filling your ears.

You pouted and rolled your eyes, continuing to your ice cream. “Well excuse me.”

He chuckled and stared at you for a bit before dabbing vanilla ice cream onto your cheek.

Your eyes and mouth widened in unison and you looked at him. “Close your mouth or else flies are gonna come in.” He laughed.

You smirked and wiped chocolate ice cream on his nose bridge and chuckled evilly.

And soon both of your faces were filled of sticky ice cream… just like a couple years ago.