Chapter 6

What's Ours Is Ours

 

                I grabbed the cup and gulped down the distasteful liquid. This was really the worst thing that was ever invented, but it worked the best to rid me of everything. I tried to hold my head up straight, but it kept bobbing down. “! I think I’m drunk.” I thought to myself. “Damn it. I need to call Mr. Choi.” I reached for my phone in my jacket.

                “Oh?” Empty. “Where is it?” I looked down on the ground to see if I had dropped it. Bad idea. “!” I fumbled down onto my knees. “Damn it!” I reached for the table but I had underestimated the distance that I had fallen forward and missed the table. I fumbled backwards and try to balance myself, but stumbled even more.

                “DAMN IT JUNE!” Someone said from behind me.

                “I’m… I’m so … Sorry.” I tried to sound as nice as I can… drunk. That person must’ve helped me up, because the next thing I knew, I was sitting back in the chair that I had fallen from. “I’m really… I am really sorry. I didn’t mean to.” My helper sat in the seat across from me in a slouched over position. Hrmm. Weird way of sitting.

                “Why are you here?” He asked. I had to think about it. Was I really going to tell a stranger why I was so wasted? Why I’m suffering so much? OH! HELL! What does it matter anyways?

                “(laugh) So many… There are so many reasons dude. You don’t even know.” I said grabbing a bottle of soju on the table. I focused my eyes for a second and tried to aim for the cup. I poured generously and handed it to him. “Here, drink with me. It’ll help you understand the story more.” But he pushed it away with one swipe of his hand. . This cost money. Even though everything was blur, as though I was in a lagging video game, I looked straight at his face.

                “June…”

                “Don’t… call my… name.” This face was the last face on earth that I wanted to see right now.

                “June… you-

                “Please.” I couldn’t hold back everything if he was here. He was always the one I went to for things like this and now he was the one giving me these problems. “Just please. Leave me.”

                “You have to stop.” He said calmly. Maybe it was the alcohol surging through my head but I swore he sounded just a little worried there. “We have to get out of here.” But why would he. I mean after all I did leave him. He should be jumping up and down somewhere celebrating the accomplishment of making me going almost completely insane. He should be the one drinking so much he could see double. Like me right at the moment. He should be laughing and screaming how happy he is for getting back at me.

                “Why… Why… do. Why do I have to… stop? Huh? I’m fine perfect… perfectly fine.” I poured another cup after finishing the cup he had swept away. But this one, he grabbed. He grabbed the cup and slammed it on the table. Anger poured through him, like the alcohol pouring from the bottle.

                “Grab your stuff, we’re leaving.” He said standing up. But I wasn’t going to leave with him. No way in hell. He was a celebrity and I was a nobody. That was a big no-no in the entertainment industry.

                “Go on ahead. I’ll go home by myself after a few more.” I put the cold bottle top up to my mouth waiting for the bitter liquid to run down my throat. But it never did. He grabbed the bottle and placed it on the table and then grabbed my bag from the chair.

                “Get your up. Right now.” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me up; wrong move. I stumbled on my own foot and tripped. But before my face became a flat sandwich, he caught me and pulled me back up; holding me upright by the waist. His touch sent a comforting warmth through my body. It reminded me of home; a nice, warm and welcoming home. But this temporary moment was ruined even earlier when I heard him mutter under his voice, just loud enough for my drunk-ness to hear. “Stupid . Damn it.” And that was what made me lose my temper.

                “Let go of me!” I shoved him. And as he was unprepared for it, he stumbled and I went right down with him.

                “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

                “Don’t touch me!” I said trying to get back up. But the world was spinning now. The street lights weren’t round anymore; they were just lines now. And there weren’t any more details in the sidewalk. I didn’t even see sidewalk anymore. So after failing a few times, I just sat there trying to wait out his drunk-ness. He tried to grabbed me a few times to help me up. But I shoved him away again. “If person… I mean. If you were… trying to help a person… At least… (sigh)… At least hold your dumb comments to yourself until after… after you help me get home.”

                “June-

                “Shut up!” I was trying to get my world to stop spinning. But it was like a merry-go-round on super speed. I tried standing up and walking on my own, but after a few unstable steps, I couldn’t stand up anymore. I had to sit down. If I didn’t, I would either puke my stomach out, or meet the sidewalk with my face. I slowly made my way to the wall of the building and melted to the ground. All I saw now was darkness. I didn’t want to open my eyes, because the dizziness I got from the back of my eyelids were good enough for now. I kept them closed thinking that when I opened my eyes, I would be in my room and receiving a phone call that practice was canceled. But with my luck, neither of those happened.

                It felt like only a few minutes since I closed my eyes, sitting on the concrete sidewalk, but I opened my eyes to sun rays peeking through closed black blinds; that weren’t mine. The comforter that I laid half- under was softer than what mine usually felt like, and the addition of the 50 inch HD TV standing at the foot of the bed was the major detail that was signifying that this was definitely NOT my room.

                “Hey...” Someone said from underneath the comforter, next to me. I jumped up, trying to remember where I have heard this familiar voice. As his face crawled out of the comforter, I tried the remember what happened last night, and how I got into his bed; and how I got stripped, down to my undergarments.

                “What the f-

                “Good morning to you too”

                “What am I doing here? Why am I half-? How… am I half-?”

                “What are you… Shy? It’s not like-

                “Ah! SHH! Shut up. Answer me. Why- How-

                “I’ll let your imagination do its work”

                “YAH!!!!! JAY!!!!!!!!”