Chapter 1

What's Ours Is Ours
W H A T ' S O U R S I S O U R S / and I think about that every time you come across my mind.

‘DANCERS WANTED’ These words screamed at her from the poster on the club door. She broke into a cold sweat just thinking about what she was thinking about doing. Was she willing to give up everything she had now, just for this opportunity? Then again, what did she have now that was so important?
“You thinking about that?” Aaron said gesturing towards the poster as he pulled the keys out of his messenger bag.
“Umm. Nah. Not really my thing.” She looked away pretending to look uninterested.
“Yeah. Mhmm.” Aaron’s sarcastic tone pulled a slight smile across her face. He reached to turn on the lights of the front room. “I’ve seen you dance, and I swear you belong somewhere better than a broke down little shack sitting on the side of the road like this.” And as he finished his sentence, a light bulb sparked at the end of the room before going completely dead, and jerked the attention of both of them.
“HA! Stevers need me here more than anyone else.” Aaron shot her a playful look, and she shot one right back.
“Sure he does.” They make their way to the bulb that just sparked seconds ago.
“Hey June, grab me a spare from the back room, would ya?” Aaron said pulling out a chair. She disappeared for a second then returned the next.
“Aha! Do you know how to change that?” June said crossing her arms across her chest.
Aaron scuffs almost offended. “Yeah. Do you?”
June watches as Aaron stumbles back and forth and then finally gives up. “Here.” He hands the spare light bulb to June as she stabilizes herself on the chair. Within seconds she had the busted bulb out and had replaced it with the new one. “All done.”
“So tell me…”
“Yeah?”
“Who are you exactly if you’re not an angel?”
June lets out a loud laugh. “I’m a bartender at a broke down little shack sitting on the side of the road.”
Aaron looks at June and just stops everything he does. It’s the little things that she does that this that always mesmerized him. The laughs, the smiles, and the jokes; he could never get enough of her presence. June waves her hand in front of his face trying to get his attention.
“Hello? Earth to Aaron! Hey little guy, you in there?” She said tapping his temple gently.
“I… Uh… Yeah. Say what?” He stumbled back a little.
“Haha. I said that if you don’t want to get fired, you should start pulling those drinks from the back to the cooler upfront, and clean out the washer. BEFORE, Stevers get here.”
“Oh! Uhh… Yeah. I’ll get to that.” Aaron clears his throat and walks away.
“Umm. Aaron?”
“Huh? Yeah?”
“Do you really think I should do it? I mean that dancing gig.”
He smiles that big smile he always does. “You’ve… always… wanted to be a bartender ever since you were young right?”
“Thanks.” June walks in the lounge to put her bag into her locker. As she opens her locker, a flyer falls out.
‘Are You A Dancer? DANCERS WANTED for upcoming recording artist. Contact Cameron Shin for audition information.’
Then her phone suddenly rings. ‘Mina’
“Hey! What’s up? Did something happen?”
“Mommy! Mommy! Hi! Mommy!”
“Hi honey.” June’s face lit up like the Christmas tree on Christmas Day.
“Mommy. Mina funny. Mina make me laugh.”
“Aha aha. Aww. She make you laugh?” June starts with her baby talk.
“Aha. Here Jayne. Let me talk to mommy.” Mina says taking the phone from Jayne. “Jayne just wanted to talk to you after she woke up from her nap.”
“Aha. No problem. I just got here anyways. But thanks again. For watching her so last minute.”
“Oh yeah. No. Don’t worry. It’s fine. I have my nights open for the next week so it’s alright. I’ll let you get back to work. Jayne, do you want to say bye to mommy?... Yeah!... Mommy?”
“Hey baby.”
“Mommy. Bye, mommy.”
“Bye baby. I’ll see you late okay honey.”
“Okay mommy. Bye mommy.” And then the phone line cuts leaving a poke of longing in her heart. She wanted to be with her daughter. She wanted to hold her and laugh with her. She wanted to give her the warmth of a mother’s love like her mother gave her, all the time of the day. But she had to put food on the table. She needed the money to help Jayne grow up and support her. She needed all this to help Jayne.
She looks at the flyer again. ‘DANCERS WANTED’. It’s been about 3 years now since her last dance workshop, let alone an audition. How was she going to get ready for this?
-----
Okay so I lied. Maybe I'll update on Mondays. x)) Sundays or Mondays? I'll have to see.
BUT if you are reading this. leave a comment so that I know who's reading. x)) It'll give me the boost to keep writing. xD
PLUS I know there's not much action yet. And there won't be for another chapter or so. I know ya'll want action NOW. but the wait'll be worth it. x)) I promise.
PLUS PLUS check this one out and see if you like it. and if I should re post this... I sorta lost my password. keke ( http://winglin.net/fanfic/kanahrtsJAYpark/ )
PLUS PLUS PLUS... read this one and see if i should continue. <3 <3 <3 ( http://winglin.net/fanfic/miightiimiinii/ )
<3 <3 <3 loves