Chapter 3- But I Love You Girl

First Snow, First Kiss

 

I'm walking on the hallway with a smile plastered on my face for remembering what happened last night.

 

He was such a sweet talker!! I'm gonna die in diabetes and drown in a sea of glucose.

 

I'm walking with my head down....not until some eerie auras surrounded me.

 

"Well well well....did you smelled something guys?" Krystal sniffed and crossed her arms.

 

"Was it nice last night? Or should I say, sleep with our mighty KWON JIYONG?" she  stressed the'Kwon Jiyong' words to gain some attentions which obviously started to gather around us.

 

"Yeah....speaking about being an attention seeker" I mumbled to myself but I bet her friends heard it.

 

She asked me once again "Did you, Park Sandara?"

 

“Try to annoy them Dara....and see how their  face look alike” Jiyong chuckled as he tried to cheer her up'

 

I faked a gasp, "Did Jiyong told you all these? Hesh, I've told him to keep it as a secret...." I'm trying my hard not to smirk infront of her.

 

'BOOYAH!'

 

"How dare you! Attention !" Her friends slap the books that I'm holding and I have no choice but to kneel down and pick them up before one of her friend kick me my little precious tushie from behind and my spectacles dropped.

 

Some students do really enjoying the scene eh? Popcorns and coke please.

 

Before I can extend my arm to reach the glasses, the b*tch herself beat me to it as she step forward and step on my glasses.

 

"Old trick I see...." I uttered under my breathe, trying to cool myself down.

 

They're indeed crossing the border right now!

 

"Now....can you see me? I bet you cant can see me right now. The whole school should thank me for this later. I've saved their boyfriends from this b*tch" She smirked and start to mock me non stop.

 

Who only can stand all the insult she spatted right on my face so I stand on feet, in cue to defend myself.

 

'Dont let them bring you down, Dara. Remember, they're not even worth a drop of your tears'Jiyong's words ringing in my head.

 

They took a step backward when they saw me standing up.

 

"Who are you told call me a ? Who are to judge me? Speaking about being a and so on, are you complaining to me about yourself huh, Krystal?” I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “Wow, I don’t even know how someone who barely talked to me, know myself more than I do. You did such a great job, Krystal. I'll take that as a not to improve myself"

 

I saw her, how she's ready to slap me right on my face but the pain still hasn’t landed on my face. I open my eyes when I heard the students who are currently enjoying our show, gasped.

 

Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong. Smiled to me while holding Krystal's wrist which hanging in the air.

 

"Good job" He mouthed at me before taking a step forward and let go of Krystal's wrist.

 

"Krystal...." He sighed making the latter blushing like crazy when she heard how Jiyong is calling her name. Cant she notices how annoyed he sounded? That girl is impressive!

 

His eyes are cold. Way different from how loving he stared at me. Seems like a step from Krystal, he will make sure that she wont see the sunrise the next day.

 

"Stop hurting Dara please..." Krystal’s eyes widen in surprise and so do the other students.

 

"She did nothing to you....You're not just hurting her, but you’re me, myself too" I'm amused at how calm he sounded right now. "Stop spreading rumors about her. She's not a wh0re and everyone knows it. So please...stop hurting her" I look at Krystal and how she's on the verge of crying.

 

Jiyong picked up my books on the floor and turned around before taking my wrist and pull me towards the school's main door.

 

"I wont stop, Kwon Jiyong....and you know that" Krystal gritted her teeth before stomping her feet and walk away. Murmurs and whispers clearly can be heard around the school for them to witness the school heartthrob, backing up the school geek. What a rare sight.

 

"J-Jiyong....." I said, trying to let go from his hold.

 

"Just follow me, Dara...." His voice is calm but did I heard a mixture of pain just now…..? Why is he being like this? I meet how come he can act so calm in front of that freaking medusa? He is just unbelievable.

 

"Jiyong....let go..." I struggle to let my wrist off his hold but he's still dragging me towards his car.

 

"Jiyong, I still need to pick up my glasses..." I look at him, pleading but the guy is just too stubborn to even look at me.

 

He suddenly stopped his pace and turned around "You want me to arrange those pieces of glasses around your eyes, Sandara? If you want to, I would glad to do so. If not, just shut up and follow me"

 

'WAHHHHH HE'S SO SCARY'

 

"Oh." I bit my lip after that. Oh!? Really, Dara!?

 

"But....at least give me my books..." I mumbled but he just shook his head.

 

"Not with that injured palms of yours" He sternly said.

 

Kwon Jiyong. Is. Bringing. Me. Out. Of. Sense. Right. Now

 

"I am not injured!" I look up at him and stomped my feet.

 

"Yes you're. Now lets go" He open his car door for me and once I get inside, he pull the safety belt and secure it for me. ‘You'll be the death of me, Jiyong.....’

 

He put my books on the backside of the car and proceed to the driver seat.

 

"But Jiyong!" I turn to him and start to fiddling my fingers on laps.

 

"Now what?" He looked at me. Gosh, stop scaring me!!

 

"Don't tell me we're going to skip classes...." He is now looking at me with that infamous teasing smirk.

 

"Now I'm telling you that we're going to skip classes" He chuckled and start the engine.

 

"Seriously" I rolled my eyes and look and him.

 

"Now. Can you please stop staring?" He smirked with his eyes still glued to the road.

 

"O-Oh...." I nervously shifted myself and look outside of the window.

 

My phone suddenly ringing and I take it out from my bag. Thanks to whoever that's calling me right now, for saving me from this super awkward moment.

 

"Y-yoboseyo?" I answered it.

 

"Dara-ya!! Where are you? Krystal did something to you did she? Damn that b*tch....Ehh!! Where are you!? I saw Kwon Jiyong the mighty hottie dragged you out of the school just now. Where are you two going? Don't tell me you both are actually...." She gasped and a shade of crimson appeared on my cheek.

 

"This girl...." I muttered under my breathe and guess what, Jiyong chuckle at this. I bet he heard it!

 

'Oh my god!!!' My eyes widen.

 

"YAH LEE CHAERIN!! I SWEAR I WILL SMACK YOUR LITTLE TUSHIE WHEN I MEET YOU LATER AND I’M NOT GOING TO STOP NOT UNTIL IT WILL AFFECT YOUR REPRODUCTION SYSTEM!!" I yelled at her through the phone.

 

Lee Chaerin is my best friend, my cousin to be exact but she’s a year younger than me so I usually not hanging out with her during school period. She still doesn't know about me and Jiyong that's why she's assuming some....stupid stuffs..?

 

"Wow..." She said on the other line. WOW!?

 

"For your information, Jiyong is a friend of mine. My first friend! Ain't you happy for that? Gosh....and I don't even know where is he taking me right now. Just in case something bad happen to me, please tell my mom I love her so much. This is the first time I'm skipping class, Roo!! Can you believe that? I'm hanging up" I pouted my lips.

 

"You sure do talk a lot, Darong..." She laughed softly on the othe line "You owe me a story right now! Talk to you later baby!" and she hang up the phone.

 

I huffed and crossed my arms in annoyance. Maybe...I am just PMS...or....Hmm I don't know.

 

"So....Chaerin is your cousin?" Jiyong asked me.

 

"Yeah..." I'm still pouting. What is wrong with me?

 

"Stop pouting, Dara...and eh? Isn't she considered as your friend too? I mean why did you told her I am your first friend."

 

I change my position and facing him right now "You ARE my first friend...She is my cousin...so...she is not considered as my friend.."

 

He chuckled and look at me once in a while "You're really unbelievable!"

 

___________________________
 

 

HIS POV

 

After a while, I heard her soft snores, indicating that she fell asleep already.

 

'She's indeed a goddess...'

 

How beautiful she is right now....Why don't they notice her beauty before? But am I considered as lucky too? I mean she said I'm her first friend so I am indeed lucky!

 

"Sleepyhead" I mumbled and laughed softly to myself.

 

The journey is not even that far but she fell asleep already. We're heading to Myeongdong actually.

 

I saw how they broke her glasses so I'm here to buy her a new contact lens. Yes, I dont want her to wear that glasses of hers anymore. I want them to realize her beauty and what they all have missed.

 

Maybe my crush towards her just growing bigger than I could ever imagine...

 

She's clumsier more than you can ever imagine! Maybe I'm overacting since some might saying that I just knew her her for a day, but heck, I treasure this one day like I've met her for a billion days.

 

We've reached our destination actually but I don't want to her up, yet.

 

I take out my phone and capture a photo of her. How peaceful she looks right now....

 

I lightly caressed her cheek but when I saw she stirred in her sleep, I quickly pull my hand away.

 

"J-Jiyong?" She sleepily asked while rubbing her eyes.

 

I smiled at her "Let's go! We're here!" She fix her hair and smile at me.

 

Yeah Dara, keep your smile only for me....

 

______________________________
 

HER POV
 

"Dami noona~~" Jiyong happily sang as her entered a boutique.

 

“Dami-sshi~ Dami Dami Dami~~” I don’t even know he has this side of him. Oh well….

 

I heard a girl sighed and she turned around “Are you guys photocopy or something…?” I thought I’ve mumbled this to myself but both, Jiyong and Dami broke into a laughter. I’m not then…

 

"What are you doing here? Trying to mess up my store again?" The girl in front of him crossed her arms.

 

"Ahniyo, noona~~~" DUDE, LEMME PUKE! Both of us are giving him an incredulous look.

 

"Stop with your act, Jiyong. What do you want?" Dami, as what Jiyong called her scoffed at him.

 

"Change my wife please"

 

"MY WIFE!?" "YOUR WIFE!?" Both, me and Dami shrieked at the same time.

 

Jiyong laughed out loud and wrapped an arm around my shoulder to pull me closer him.

 

"Get the off, Jiyong..." I muttered under my breath and nudged him.

 

"This is my bestfriend, Sandara" He looked down at me "and Dara, this is my sister, Dami"

 

"Nice to meet you, unnie" I smiled at her and she smiled back at me in return. She seems nice!

 

"Hmm...unnie. I just want to ask you a favor. Change Dara's appearance please"

 

'SAY WHAT!?' My eyes widen and I distanced myself from him.

 

"No. You gotta be kidding me" I look at him in disbelieve.

 

"Yes. He is just just kidding" Dami unnie grabbed my shoulders and pushed me down on the chair.

 

"I'll be right back, noona..." Jiyong tapped her sister's shoulder and walk away. Leaving me and his sister in such an awkward silence.

 

I tried to stand up but she'll push me down on my chair so it's pointless.....

 

'Jiyong-ah....where are you....' I’m biting my lip non stop.

 

"Dara-ya," She smiled sweetly. Wahh, she actually seems friendly compared to how strict she was just now. Seriously, if I didn't know she is Jiyong's sister I might mistaken her as a North Korean!

 

"Since when you're friend with him?" She wriggled her brows at me teasingly.

 

"Hmm.....yesterday..." I mumbled but she ask me a pardon.

 

"Neh?" She asked while holding both of my shoulders.

 

"Y-yesterday...." I stuttered. Why am I even stuttering right now. It's not as if I'm meeting his parents or something.

 

She laughed softly "You're cute!

 

_____________________

 

Dami unnie did some makeover to me. From head to toe, A to Z. I've changed completely.

 

I look up and saw my reflection on the mirror in front of me. I cant even can believe this!

 

She forced me to wear this....I don't know. A white lace dress and a pair of gold stilettos. New haircut!! She also forced me to wear this gold headband. Wait…. my glasses! I can still see the things near me since I’m a short-sightedness…. It’s kinda fine by now… I’ll buy one later.

 

Hmm....speaking about Jiyong....Where is he?

 

"Dara?" I turned around when I heard Jiyong is calling out my name.

 

"N-neh...?" His jaw dropped and his eyes widen!

 

"Jiyong~" I whined "I look weird!”

 

"No…." He grin and walks towards me. He passed me a paper bag and there are a few boxes!

 

"What is this?" I asked him.

 

"Hmm....contact lens" He show me his infamous gummy grin.

 

"What!? No! I want my glasses back!" I shove the paper bag on his chest.

 

"Dara, listen..." He softly said "I want you, to change. I got something in my mind and you have to change your appearance for this." He determinedly said.

 

"W-what..." I look at him in confusion "What are you up to right now?"

 

"Never mind. I'll tell you later" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we’re walking toward the counter where his sister is currently sitting.

 

“Noona, I bought Dara some contact lens…teach her to wear it!” Jiyong said.

 

“Sure!” She get up and begins to teach me this and that. She ask me to wear one and guess what! Jiyong actually bought the contact lens from optical power 100 until 160. Can you imagine it? Two boxes for each optical power. And on the bright side, my optical power is 120 so the contact lens fitted me so well!

 

“Done!” Dami smiled at us. “And you young boy, you owe me one” She turns to Jiyong.

 

“Just ask dad for the money noona! Bye!” He yelled at his sister while we’re walking out of the boutique.

 

We’re just walking around, without any destination to go….Dami unnie was nice enough to pack my school uniform inside bag.

 

And Jiyong? He is as always, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I can’t stop blushing when people who walk passed us while complement how good looking we are.

 

Just now, we stopped at a food stall. That ahjumma told us that we look so good together and Jiyong being a jerk a he is, told the ahjumma that we’re married already.

 

I shook my head while remembering all scenes that happened just now.

 

“Something bothering you, Dara?” Jiyong turned his head to me and I shook my head once again in reply.

 

“Don’t you think everything happened too fast?” I softly asked.

 

“Nope! Not for me…” He grinned as if he’s hinting me something. “You hungry, Dara?”

 

I check on my phone and its 15:34PM already. Time actually flies too fast!

 

“Kinda…” I sheepishly said.

 

We then walk toward an Italian cuisine restaurant and have our late-lunch. We’re chatting and laughing as if there is nothing to think about anymore. I’m enjoying this moment so ing much!

 

He’ll tease me non stop and my pout will become even worse than fish lips but nonetheless, he make me laugh like no other.

 

We’re chatting and talking non stop on our way back home. He park his car in front of my house and walk out to open the door for me. What a gentleman….

 

“Thank you for today, Jiyong…” I smile at him.

 

“No biggie!” He grins “Eh, don’t forget to wear those lens tomorrow.”

 

‘He sure is up for something….’ I look at him suspiciously “What are you up to, Jiyong”

 

He sighed and lean on his car, beside me “I just want to do some…payback..”

 

I turn to him “What do you mean by that?”

 

“It’s no a big deal, Dara” He smiled “I just want you to show the whole school what they’ve lost. I want them to treasure as what I am doing right now” A crimson shade appeared on my cheek at his statement.

 

“And I want Krystal to know that I have someone by my side right now…I want her to stop acting as if she ing own me”

 

I sighed “It’s ok, Jiyong…You don’t have to do all this. I’m used to it already”

 

“Just please…” He looked at me as if he’s pleading.

 

‘Jiyong…. please don’t do this’ I sighed… I look at him once again and his puppy eyes are still there. 

cleardot.gif

“I’ll try…” He hugged me and twirl us around “KWON JIYONG STOP IT!!” We both laughing like crazy. I can count with my fingers how many times did I laughed crazily like this.

 

Kwon Jiyong….did not only changed my appearance but he did changed my life too.