The Contract

LIES

Dara's alarm clock was ringing mad but she just ignored it and immediately went back to sleep. About an hour later, she finally woke up. She dashed to the bathroom when she realized she overslept. She took a bath, brushed her teeth, got into her school uniform, and she did that just within then minutes! One thing she forgot though, eat breakfast. When she reached the school, she was lucky enough for her teacher was late. Because she was tired the other night, she keeps on asleep during class. Everytime she was about to go to dreamland and drool away, her phone, which was in her pocket, always vibrates, then stops when she wakes up. After her class, she checked up on her phone to see who's calling, but the caller ID doesn't have a name. The same number calls her everytime she falls asleep in class.

On her way home, someone called her again, it was the same number. She immediately answered the call and the voice on the other line was familiar.

"Hello?" Sandara said.

"This is Jiyong, meet me at the bar later." After saying those words to Dara, Jiyong hung up.

"Who's Jiyong?" Dara asked herself while removing the wrapper of the lollipop she has. As Dara was happily enjoying her candy, her head suddenly processed everything, and made her stop on her tracks. "Jiyong's that jerk guy!" she gasped, eyes wide open. "But why aare his calls on perfect timing whenever I'm about todoze off in class?" she wondered and continued walking slowly.

Her class finished a bit early so she had some time to rest. She jumped to her be and quickly laid down, faced the low ceiling and on her lollipop, but still with a puzzled look. She has no clue about what will happen to their meet later that evening. Will that Jiyong guy pay her for real? Or is he just going to tease Dara and make her more pissed off by his face? She just shrugged it off and took a nap. Minutes later, she woke up, she reaaly didn't have a good sleep. Thoughts of what will happen keeps in flashing on her head everytime she closes her eyes. She just then decided to go to work early to shake off some thoughts, and maybe she'll be paid extra. She took a shower, fixed herself and brought her uniform, she decided to just change there. She on another lollipop on her way to work. As she walk inside the bar, she saw Jiyong and how dashing he looked from afar. But he kept on looking at his phone, then puts it in his pocket, then take it ot again, then started dialling, then cancelling, hen dialling again, then cancelling, then he started to play around with his phone and just seem like he doesn't know what to do. Dara decided to go to where Jiyong is and decided to ask why he wants to see her. But as she was nearing Jiyong, he started facing to where Dara is, creating an eye contact with her. Jiyong's stare made her pause for a while, then when Jiyong broke their eye contact, Dara then continued with her lollipop , then continued on her way to Jiyong. As Jiyong turned away, back facing Dara, he fixed his hair and face a bit, then when he felt Dara was near him, he started facing her with his signature "bad boy" look.

"Why are you too early? You're that eager to see me? C'mon! If you're going to date me, show me your lady side first before I can say you're worth it." Jiyong with a smirk.

"I work here! And who says something about dating? And do you even knoe my name MR JIYONG?!" Dara said, quite pissed.

"That's why I want to meet you Ms. . .?" Jiyong was waiting for Dara to introduce herself to him.

"I'm Sandara Park." Dara coldly introduced herself.

"Ssandara? Tha't quite an unusual name." Jiyong chuckled.

"It's SAN-DA-RA and NOT SSandara! And what do you want from me anyway? I have work to do, so if you'd excuse me." Dara was about to leave but Jiyong said something that caught her attention.

"Aren't you even going to say thank you for what I did to you this morning?" Jiyong teasingly asked. 

"This morning?" Dara asked herself while her brain was currently processing everything. Dara turned and faced Jiyong.

"How did you know everytime that I was about to doze off in class? Dara asked, puzzled.

"Nothing. Our class was boring so I decided to enter you room because I saw you there. I know you're tired that's why I don't want you to get in more trouble. I figured that's my way of apoligizing to you since you want it so badly." Jiyong explained.

Dara was caught off guard with what did this seemed to her rude guy just said.

"apology accpeted. And thank you." Dara tossed a lollipop to Jiyong, then said, "Wait until my shift's over, then we can talk."

Jiyong caught the candy, a bit puzzled. Then Dara went on her way to start her job early so she can finish her shifr earlier.

Jiyonnng was just sitting there, waiting, not minding the loud music and other people. He just holds an envelope on the table and waits for Dara. He got really bored and left him with no choice bu to open the lollipop Dara gave him. As he was on the lollipop, he saw a pretty waitress with sneakers on. The waitress was getting closer and closer to him until his eyes saw it was Dara. Like his eyes, he too can't believe that the girl he was fantasizing a while ago was the Ssandara girl. He got caught on the lollipop. Dara just can't help but to chuckle because of what Jiyong looks like.

"It's good to have one of those to kill time. Only an hour left then I'm done here." Dara said then continued on with other customers. Jiyong was still in shock and didn't say anything back to Dara. He was left with his jaw dropped and about to drool. Good thing there was the lollipop to save him from humuliation. He was back to his senses when he heard a tray dropped and some glass shattered. He immediately looked for Dara in the dark to see if she was fine. Then, finally, Jiyong saw where she was. A guy was forcing Dara to dance wtih him, but Dara was struggling. She was having a hard time to escape from the guy's grasp sine he was really big, compared to Dara's small, faragil-looking body. Jiyong immediately went to Dara to rescue her. He grabbed Dara's hand and let the guy let go of Dara's hand then Jiyong gave the guy a punch in the face, then another one, then another one until sht guy's face bleed and ran away. Jiyong was red mad but Dara was alarmed when she saw Jiyong's knockles were bleeding.

"Oh my gosh! Jiyong are you ok?" Dara exlaimed.

"Yes I'm fine. Don't ever work on this place again! I'll double what they give you here. Just don't ever come back kay! It's not safe here!" Jiyong was mad and he sounds like he really cares for Dara.

"Where do you live? I'll take you home. You'll never know if jerks like that guy roams around." Jiyong said.

"Let's take yo to the hospital first, you're hurt!>" Dara was really worried.

"What? This? This is just a scratch." Jiyong said then took a glance at his hand.

"I just live near here. Just a 10-15 minute walk. I can take care of myself. You go home and rest." said Dara.

"If I say I'll take you home, I'LL TAKE YOU HOME!" Jiyong said, like he was telling Dara just to follow whatever he says.

"And besides, I want to know where you live. And do you ever eat? I mean look at you, you're so thin, you can't even escape from hat guy's grasp." said Jiyong.

"yes, i do eat!" Dara said, then whispered "sometimes"

"Ha! I heard that! C'mon, let's go to your house, but first let me buy you something to eat. And I don't mean instant noodles. Let's buy you a good dinner. I know there's a reataurant near here." Jiyong said then grabbed Dara's hand.

"Wait! My things!" Dara said then pulled off her hand from Jiyong.

"Go get them! I don't want to wait for you. . . AGAIN! I'm the one buying you dinner rmember!" Jiyong said. Dara then ran off to their locker room to get her things.She didn't bother to change clothes. When Jiyong saw Dara, he got her bag, then grabbed her hand then drag her out of the bar to a nice restaurant nearby. Jiyong guided her to a table, made her sit and made sure she won't escape since her things are with him. Jiyong just watched her eat and was planning how will he explain the contract he has with him. After Dara was finished with her dinner, she really looked happy and satisfied. It was like it was her first real meal in her entire life.

"You done? Let's head to your house. It's getting late." Jiyong said while picking up Dara's things and the envelope he has a while ago.

"THaks for the dinner. And sorry for what had happened earlier." Dara said with her head bowed.

"How many timed do I have to tell you it's ok?" Jiyong said.

"What's with the envelope?" Dara asked, curious.

"I'll explain it to you later." Jiyong said then stood up.

While the two were walking, Dara decided to drop by a convinience store. The usual, she bough some lollipops. She offered Jiyong one, bt he refused.

"C'mon take it! It's strawberry!" Dara playfully said.

Jiyong gave her a boyish smile then took he candy. Dara stopped in front of an apartment.

"This is where you live?"Jiyong asked.

"Nope, up there." Dara pointed to the rooftop of the building.

"You live in a rooftop house?" Jiyong asked, quite amused. But when Jiyong looked at Dara's direction, she was already gone and was on her way upstairs. Jiyong quikcly followed. Jiyong reached he rooftop and caught Dara with arms wide open and inhaling Seoul's fresh air.

"Hey!" Jiyong chuckled at what was Dara doing.

"You're still here?!" Dara was caught by surprise.

"Of course I'm still here, I want to know where you live right?!" Jiyong said, then flashed one of his boyish smiles to Dara.

"Why?" Dara asked, puzzled.

"Because I don't want you to escape from this." Jiyong held out an envelope and left it on the floor, then went downstairs and didn't even bid Dara goodbye. 

Dara was left confused. Then she decided to pick up the envelope to see what's inside.

"A CONTRACT?!"

--------------------------------------------

(a/n: yeah! i'm finally done posting chapter 2! sorry if there are typos, mispellings or grammaical errors, my eyes and fingers feel a bit tired. heheheh :D hope you'll anticipate for the upcoming chapers :D)