.

Butterflies

 

Sehun looked up at the sky. The faint blue colour had streaks of pinks and oranges bleeding across the clouds. The sun was setting.

And he was still there, lying on top of the thinning grass at the levelled peak of the small hill at the park. 

That's where he saw him. The boy named Luhan, walking a medium sized dog with pale white fur.

The dog barked, leaping and galloping across the grass to make his way to the one daydreaming on the ground.

Sehun grunted as weighted paws prodded his body. He sat up, looking at the creature resting in front of him. 

“Ah Max, get back here!” Luhan cried, startled that the dog had done what he had. He skipped after the American Eskimo dog. His face wasn’t the best at hiding his surprise when he saw Sehun, his classmate, settled on the ground.

“Er, Sehun...sorry about Max...” he said softly.

Sehun looked up at the other, noticing that he had died his hair to a sandy, golden blonde, verging light brown. As corny as it may sound, he found it remarkable at how the setting sun reflected off selected golden strands of his hair.

Then, his stomach did an unexpected leap and twist.

Gulping in nervousness, he met Luhan’s eyes. “That’s okay,” Sehun replied shortly, tearing his brown orbs away from the standing boy and looking somewhere else.

Luhan awkwardly pursed his lips, unsure of what to say, “Well then, I’ll...see you at school”

That line almost sounded like an uncertain question. Sehun hummed in agreement, nodding as Luhan and Max the dog jogged off in another direction.

Sehun let out a wavering sigh. He hadn’t realised that he was holding his breath for the longest time. What he did realise was that his heart felt like it had received a sudden jolt.

It was inexplicable what he truly felt in that second when their eyes met. And confusing as to whether Sehun liked it or not.

 

-~-

 

A school day was always busy and for Sehun, it always made him tired. Especially after lunch.

It was the final lesson of the day and he was exhausted. A shuffling beside him made him straighten up immediately and bulge his eyes for a split of a second when Luhan sat next to.

Luhan’s lips lifted in a small and subtle smile. It was the most innocent thing but definitely refreshing. “Hello Sehun”

Sehun still stared at him quietly. His his lips, suddenly feeling thirsty. Knots were being tied deep within him and it set off another round of confusion.

Why was he feeling like this every time Luhan was around? It had never happened before.

Luhan became conscious of the staring and anxiously fiddled with his fingers, then his fraying strings of his worn out tie.

“Is there something on my face Sehun?” he asked. His voice was smooth and calm; satisfying to be listened to by Sehun’s ears.

Sehun’s eyes flickered to look at his face; very clear face. It could have been described as porcelain.

He wondered if it was smooth as it too.

His brain kicked in and realised what he was doing. Coughing meekly, he looked away in front of him. “There’s nothing”

Throughout the lesson, Sehun’s tummy fluttered. The presence of Luhan was shockingly pleasing.

Luhan tapped his shoulder to grab his attention. Sehun turned his head to see a frustrated Luhan. His brows were furrowed and frown lines set on his near flawless face.

“Sehun, do you know the answer to this?” Luhan asked, pointing a sleek pen at his book.

Sehun swallowed his saliva, noting how close Luhan was. He smelt like those cinnamon Danishes that were served at lunch. And his face seemed soft to touch.

Not even noticing it, Sehun’s fingers reached out. The back of them came in contact with a puffy cheek and once.

Luhan froze when this happened. His eyes widened and his mouth agape, lost for wards.

Sehun’s conscience slapped him awake and his hand retracted hastily. His cheeks were flushed and glowing as he stood up, unable to make eye contact with anyone, especially Luhan. It only made it easier for him to rush out the classroom with the teacher shouting after him.

 

-~-

 

“God, what the hell did I just do?” Sehun screamed at himself. He hid under the bleachers in the school field. He would never be able to face Luhan again. It would kill him of embarrassment.

He slumped on the floor, his hand run scruffily through his hair, clenching at the roots.

“Sehun?” a small voice called his name and Sehun stood up in alarm, knowing exactly who it was.

Luhan stood before him, smiling still after what happened.

“I—er—about that...” Sehun started to mumbled. He felt it again. Those darn butterflies, flitting around his stomach.

“Huh?” Luhan became muddled up by the nonsense words that came from Sehun’s lips.

Sehun sighed in frustration, huffing to himself until his couldn’t take it anymore.

“For god’s sake!” he cried out. His body lunged forward, and then he felt lips. Luhan’s lips.

Their lips pressed lightly against each other, sealing a chaste kiss that sent those butterflies mad and wild.

Sehun pulled back and looked at a surprised Luhan. His words were caught in his throat. What would you say when a boy had kissed you out of nowhere? Sehun looked down, maybe a little disappointed by Luhan’s reaction.

“I’m sorry” Sehun apologised. Just as he was about to leave, a hand stopped him, he turned, facing Luhan again. Sehun looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

Luhan grinned with his eyes crinkled into crescent shaped.

“I like you Sehun” he said simply yet bluntly. Sehun smiled back, just as brightly, sighing in relief. He wasn’t the only that was feeling puzzled about the other.

Luhan moved closer, placing his shaped, pink lips on Sehun’s, kissing him slowly yet with every emotion he felt for the latter.

Those pesky butterflies rece again. Sehun smiled against Luhan’s lips, finally realising that it wasn’t the nervousness that caused them, it was Luhan.

 


 


 

 

 

How did ya like it guys?

I've very glad since this was my first boyxboy fanfic! :')

 

Thanks for reading! be sure to comment and tell me what you think

 

 

hunhan spam!

 

hunhan_omg.jpg

 

tumblr_m5qpwprVWm1rsn1u6o2_500.png

tumblr_m5qp4xjee51rxzpq0o1_400.gif

tumblr_m5qgjmVqz71rxv75ko2_250.gif

tumblr_m82w22LlKW1rcq2dpo2_500.png

tumblr_m8349gMS7J1rxpgnzo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m82yrwRwx71rxp4dvo1_500.png

tumblr_m82a8kHRqq1r7uh6bo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m827wwc3NH1r7jl75o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m81p25AIQb1rcwpado1_500.jpg

tumblr_m81mhd9mqq1qcf53bo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m817t7GGCM1rxk4wfo1_500.jpg