Part 4

Long Lost Love

3 MONTHS LATER

 

"Hyung wake up, we're going to be late" the twins both jumped up and down on their oldest brother's bed, hearing a loud creak every time one touches the bed with their feet. That was a big sign that the bed will give up soon if they still didn't stop, all they cared about was getting the older up and ready for the day. "Get up or we swear we'll pour ICE COLD WATER on you" they both threatened and that was something the twins learned from their Dara nuna, Hyunjoong smiled before lazily waking up.

 

 

“Let’s go hyung, its 3 already” Youngmin screeched before pulling his twin out of the room and to theirs so they can get changed.

 

 

Hyunjoong sat on the edge of his bed, trying to get his eyes to wake up. It’s been exactly 3 months since he realized his feelings for his best friend, getting her to say yes with his proposal for her to be his girlfriend didn’t go as easy though since she thought a lot about the consequences of it for both sides. He had a girlfriend but it wasn’t anything personal and only what the company wanted while Dara still can’t settle down with her work in the states. So they made a deal, Dara went back to the States with Bom and Yunho to talk about her job while Hyunjoong had a talk with his company regarding things that affects both of them and now they’re meeting after that long.

 

 

“Joong-ah, hurry up I don’t want Dara to wait in the airport coz of you” His mom yelled over and that snapped him back to reality, smiling foolishly before running to the bathroom to take a quick shower and taking his time to look presentable for the girl.

 

 

Not really expected there were a lot of cameras and press inside the airport and they were all there for the arrival of one of America’s Top Model and South Korea’s representative. No one even paid attention at the actor and he didn’t mind that at all, he thought it was nice to not get asked or anything for the time.

 

 

All of them lined up in, almost looking like a red carpet and of course everybody were intrigued on what was happening especially other idols, celebrities and actors/actress that thought the center stage spotlight would be on them.

 

“Hyung what’s going on?” the oldest member of the famous boy group Big Bang, TOP, found the actor by the corner with his friends, looking over the gate like line up of the photographers in front of them.

 


“I heard a top model from the states is coming” the leader said, Behind them were the other members of the group, just as curious as the two members.

 

 

“What Jiyong said” Hyunjoong just chuckles an answer.

 


The crowd then went on fire, screaming and cheering while the girl made her appearance with her manager and bodyguard standing right close to her. The media were pressing their luck a little too far, pushing everyone in front of them just to get a closer take on the girl.

 

 

“Come on bro” Taecyeon pulled Hyunjoong with him, putting up their hoods and the dark sun glasses so they won’t get recognized. The other friends in the group also put on their glasses as well as leading them straight through the crowd of media press, of course they were all shocked at what was happening but they couldn’t do anything, that small group of friends were pushing them aside.

 

 

The crowd parted like the red sea with them going through and left in the middle was the three, smiling and grinning at them while they walked. Dara and Hyunjoong’s eyes met even with the dark glasses covering them and with that she held out her hand for him to take, Yunho behind chuckled lowly and got the two ladies in front of him to follow that group.

 

 

“We so need to get out of here” Bom sighed and pushed Dara forward.

 

 

Of course the camera didn’t stop flashing at the moment Hyunjoong held her hand, taking all the juices they can get. It was enough for them to know one of the two but will certainly go wild if they find out it was actually Kim Hyunjoong who she was with.

 

 

The group didn’t go straight to Dara’s place since they were pretty sure the media will follow them so for the mean time they got into a hotel to check in, while everything got settled down. Although Dara wasn’t very much amused with being left alone inside her room with no one to talk to even with her texting all of them every other minute.

 

 

Then finally she received a message from Yubin, asking her to get changed for a date, she didn’t mention it directly though but she was giving the hint that Dara didn’t really see through so she just followed along. Another one came when she was almost done it said that it was needed for her to call the girl when she’s out of the door already.

 

 

“What is she up to now?” she sighed, looking at the time on her phone then dialing the girl’s number. She answered fairly quick for a girl who can’t even open a door when it’s right in front of her.

 

 

“Hey I’m out of the door, now what do you want me to do?” she asked getting a little worried and annoyed at whatever was going on. She didn’t answer though but she can hear her panting and thuds, any second after Yubin showed up from the emergency stairs and looked very tired from running all the way down but she smiled after though she when saw how Dara looked.

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

“Awe, you’re so pretty” Yubin beamed up when she saw me, running to me with arms open and swinging me around like we’re still kids. I found her cute acting like that but that still didn’t take distract me from asking her about what’s going on. “Come on” she said with a big smile on her face, I didn’t get to say anything since she was singing a loud her typical way of shutting me up so I just let her take me.

 

 

We ended up in front of the elevator and still I didn’t see what was going to happen, the doors opened and she pushed me in – a little too rough if I may say, and pushed all the buttons from our floor up. I stared at her demanding to tell me what was happening but still got nothing.

 

 

“You’ll get it once you go up” she said and the doors closed.

 

 

Come to think of it I haven’t seen anyone since we got to the hotel, I didn’t suspect anything since I thought they were doing something else but now with this I’m going to go crazy from not knowing and waiting isn’t my forte so just standing in this empty elevator waiting for the doors to open again is enough already to make me go insane.

 

 

*ding* it rang and when the door opened in front of me was Kwangmin holding a rose on one hand and a flash card on the other, he pushed something beside the elevator door and probably did that to stop it from closing and going on.

 

 

“Nuna” he called me and I looked at him, he covered his face and showed me what the cards had. It said that I read it out loud and so I did.

 

 

 

I couldn’t imagine having anything more than you. You’re my best friend. You’re everything to me obviously. I don’t want anything else. I just want you.

 

 

 

I finished reading and right after he gave me the rose he was holding, I was about to ask what was going on but then the door closed and I was up to the next floor. I stared at the rose on my hand and couldn’t help but smile at it, soon enough the door opened again and this time it was Minji, standing the same with the same things as Kwangmin.

 

 

 

I want to be the one to show you love, call you babe, kiss you when you’re mad, hold you down and wipe your tears away when you’re in pain.

 

 

She gave me the rose and the door closed to quickly to my liking, I wanted to push the button to open it but I know it doesn’t work that way and if my guess is correct then I don’t know just how I’ll react when I get to the top floor. As expected the other twin was the one who welcomed me on the next floor but instead of me reading whatever was written on the card he read it to me.

 

 

15 years ago I met you for the first time, you were eating by yourself by the back of the cafeteria. I approached you coz I thought I just wanted to be your friend but thinking of it now the glances I gave you, the smile that formed on my lips when I saw you smiling actually meant I like you.

09-05-1997, that’s when I met the girl that made my heart beat crazily.

 

 

Instead of a rose though Youngmin out around my hand a bracelet that looked very familiar, it was the first friendship bracelet we gave to each other. I lost mine when we were playing one time by the park and he said he lost his somewhere, now looking at its dullness and all the details on it he never really lost it. The short trip to the next floor got me thinking, there’s 16 of them 3 are done and there are 50 floors in this building and we’re on the 40th floor so I should be expecting a couple or too coming. I wasn’t wrong on the next floor was Jessica, Chaerin and Nicole.

 

 

What is Love?

(Play Exo-K's What is Love and you guys will know why I chose the song for them)

 

 

The song was really cute although I didn’t know who sang it, the 3 were rolling their eyes so much the whole time I can’t stop chuckling at them but after that they each gave me roses and let me be. “All the guys in the world are jealous of me. They must be jealous to death of me, for having you." that sounds just like him, up next came Yubin. I was no longer nervous or anything about everything since it was clear to me, I was more excited to see what the next person would give or say and having this girl in front of me now I can’t wait for it.

 

 

“The girls downstairs took my idea but yet they don’t look too happy with it. Aigooo so I’m left with this” she started before showing me the paper and getting me to read it.

 

 

We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it.

 

 

I smiled at that, I know clearly where he got that one and I’m not sure if he knows that I love the movie or was just looking up in the net about what he was going to say, nonetheless I like it. “Here catch” he tossed me something shiny and good thing I caught it, it was a friendship phone accessory we both got for Christmas, we got teased a lot coz of that.

 

 

“Wonder who’s next” I hummed to myself when the door opened and got me screaming for a second a huge bear, it was Taec just by the height of it, he lowered his head obviously disappointed with my reaction but who wouldn’t anyway.  He held out a piece of paper and there was no need to say anything or read it out loud, what was written on it said it all.

 

 

Hyunniejoong + Sandarong

 

 

Then came another rose, up to now I still don’t understand what the reason was behind everything they gave me. Is it just for remembrance or something behind it. I shook that thought out of my head since I was thinking too much about, this is already enough and I can’t ask for more. The next one was Onew but he didn’t say anything to me and just gave me a box and a rose, he said I can’t open it until someone says I can so I followed with so much curiosity it was killing me.

 

 

 

“I’m guessing above is either the other 3 or Yunho oppa and Bom unnie” the second guess was right, they handed me 2 roses coming from each of them and told me then to open the box, it had instructions on it and they said I should follow them.

 

 

 

Put down the phone charm in a straight line = I

Take one Ribbon and make the 12th letter = L

The bracelet, put it beside it = O

Another ribbon, the 22th letter = V

With the other 3 ribbons the 5th letter = E

One ribbon, second last letter = Y

The next one make a circle with a ribbon = O

With the last one … obviously = U

 

 

I found it very childish, just the way he the instructions were written clearly says he thought of it all. I was chuckling and I didn’t notice I was already on the next floor. I looked out and there was Heechul oppa, Hyunseung and Sungjong, each holding out a card.

 

 

Will

 

You

 

Be

 

 

I noticed they didn’t put any stopper on the door and before I can make out a thing I was at the last floor with Hyunjoong right there. I choked on surprised and didn’t know what to say, he came forward and I was waiting for him to say something but he just came closer and held my hands and he said.

 

 


I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are ever reason, every hope and every dream I’ve ever had and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours … So will you always be mine?

 

 

He suddenly took out a ring out of his pocket and knelt on one knee. The thing is we haven’t been officially together and having him propose to me right here takes out all the strength I have in me. He looked worried as to why I haven’t said anything yet, he stood up and caressed my cheeks, telling me it’s okay if I don’t say Yes now and that he’ll wait until I’m ready.

 

 

“Joong-ah, you have to ask me out first before you can propose to me” I joked but I was crying already, he chuckled at that and cleared his throat.

 

 

“Aigoo … Okay, Sandara Park will you be my girlfriend so I can propose to you” he said it teasingly but the sincerity and love was all in it.

 

 

“Yes … Yes … A million times yes” I said and went ahead to kiss him, not caring anymore at everyone staring at us.

 

 

Finally after all this time we both finally found our long lost love and the love story has ended with happy ending.

 

 

THE END ...