❦ Six - Versus the Pretty Boy ❦

GOD (?) SAVE OUR KING ! [HIATUS]

 

It’s dark outside and inside the room. Sungyeol just lying on his bead, staring at the ceiling, nervousness overwhelmed. He thought that if tomorrow he’ll chose swords, that Sungjong brat will chop off his head or something. He was thinking about a gun, and fortunately there’s no such thing called gun in this world, he can’t even dare to touch a real gun!

Sungyeol was taken back from what Myungsoo told him before… Sungjong is a pure Mazoku people, and possessed fire magic, that could burn Sungyeol’s skin anytime….

“ Skin, huh? “ Sungyeol thought
“ I can’t use anything like a sword or magic… so I will just have to try something else! “

 

 

 


 

Next Morning

 

The venue is inside the castle, at one of the backyard which is fully flat with soil. A moment before, Sungyeol made a big circular image on the ground with a wooden stick he had requested Myungsoo to provide. Busy drawing the circle, he ignored Sungjong’s continuous complaint about him wasting the time or some nonsense blabbering.

“ Wha-What are you doing?! What happened to our duel ?! “ Sungjong is getting impatient

Sungyeol throw the stick to outside the circle. Now, it’s only Sungyeol and Sungjong standing inside the circular image.

With a big smile, Sungyeol proudly presents ….
“ THIS IS WHERE WE ARE GOING TO FIGHT ! COME ON ! “ Sungyeol shouts, as he his clothes.. FLAP ! Sungyeol threw his clothes out of the way

“ Wh—WHY ARE YOU TAKING OFF YOUR CLOTHES?! “ asks Sungjong, in the middle of a shocked state

“  What do you mean? You take yours off too! The uniform of a sumo wrestler is his own skin! “ Sungyeol said, burning spirit as he tried to make himself comfortable in many poses.
“ Sumo is a national sport in a county nearby Korea! A sport without weapons, where men go against other men, trying to throw their opponent to the ground! If you take even a single step outside the arena, or if any part of your body other than the soles of your feet touch the ground, YOU LOSE! “ explained Sungyeol in excitement

“ NA—?! How.. how positively indecent ! “ protest Sungjong. Yet, Sungjong’s lovely mother screams of joy can be heard from the background.

“ Well, fine, keep your clothes on then. Hurry up and get ready! “

Sungjong, who is absolutely clueless, stand inside the circle without any idea on how or what should he do. However…

THUD !!
Sungyeol’s body smashed on the petite Sungjong and makes him fall to the ground and his upper body outside the circle.

“ YES! I WON !!!!! “ Sungyeol squealed in joy as comments started to spill out. From Dongwoo who jumps in joy, Myungsoo who seems concern about his baby brother, to Lady Hyori which seems to be disappointed as she wanted to watch a longer match.

“ What… WHAT KIND OF MATCH WAS THAT?! Do you think I will let our score be settled with this sport from another world?! “ again, Sungjong seems to be quite suitable for protestor position.

“ Sungjong! You suggested the terms yourself, did you not?! “ Dongwoo tried to protect Sungyeol

“ You’re intending to become the king of this country, aren’t you? Then fight on this country’s terms! “

Myungsoo approaches Sungyeol who is scratching the back of his head.
“ Man… guess it didn’t work! …. Myungsoo, this Sungjong guy…. Suppose I win and become Maou… is he the type to hold a grudge and turn against me? “

“ Not at all… Sungjong takes great pride in being of the Mazoku race. If he believes that it will help the Mazoku nation to flourish, he will follow even a king he can’t stand “

“ Well, I guess it can’t be helped then. Give me a sword! Looks like he won’t be satisfied till I do things his way “ Sungyeol tried to be calm. Myungsoo nods and shortly give him the light sword he had practiced with the night before.

“ Your Majesty, take this” Myungsoo took off a necklace that he wore. It was a beautiful pendant with clear mild-blue colored, reflects the sunbeam as it moves.

“ Ah, a blue stone, huh? “ Sungyeol said, giving Myungsoo a thankful smile

“ It’s something… a dear friend of mine gave to me. Please take it. Think of it as a charm to protect you. Although it’s only a bit of charm, so it won’t be of any real help to one without any magic in them “ The warmness of Myungsoo’s words create sparks to Sungyeol.
“ Good Luck “ Myungsoo smiles

“ ARE YOU READY YET? OTHER WORLDER!!! “ Sungjong called from across the arena.

Sungyeol confidently walks into the arena, still shirtless which make Sungjong blush a bit, but he is now wearing the charm Myungsoo gave him.
“ MY NAME IS LEE SUNGYEOL! FEEL FREE TO ADD ‘MASTER’ TO IT IF YOU LIKE IT! “

Sungjong smirks….
“ Stop your babbling! “ he then spread his fingers wide and said
“ Hear me, all who make up the flame… obey this Mazoku who defeated your original master… ! “
A ball of fire magic formed out of Sungjong’s hand.
“ HEED MY WILL, AND OBEY! “ the fire ball was thrown to Sungjong. Well, Sungyeol manage to escape due to luck. Yet, he is terrified as hell.

“ Sungjong! HIS MAJESTY HAS NOT YET BEEN EDUCATED IN THE WAYS OF MAZOKU MAGIC! “ Dongwoo tried to interrupt, but stopped by Hoya

“ Don’t interfere, Dongwoo. Don’t you see? This is our chance to ascertain his authenticity. If he is the real thing, then he won’t be defeated by the likes of Sungjong. “

“ But still, his majesty hasn’t made any elemental covenant yet! “ insist Dongwoo

Hoya just grin
“ His magic lies in the soul he holds. Provided, of course, he is the true Maou. Even without knowingly making a pact, every element should obey him of their own accord. They have no choice but to submit to such a soul like that. “ Hoya then take glance at Myungsoo, who is prepared already, holding his sword, in case if there’s some emergency situation.
“ You intend to stop this even if you must behead me? Myungsoo? “ smirks Hoya

Meanwhile in the duel venue…
Sungyeol had manage to escape every each of fire ball being thrown to him, yet, Sungjong is no kidding.
“ This time…” Another fireball formed on Sungjong’s hand. “ YOU’RE NOT GETTING AWAY! “
The tiny fire ball turned into a giant wolf made of flames.
“ TAKE THAT !!!!! “ The fire wolf jumps over Sungyeol. Thanks to his long slender legs, Sungyeol successfully  escape Sungjong’s attempt to hurt or even might kill him.

“ AH! WATCH OUT! “ Sungyeol heard Dongwoo shout. As Sungyeol rolled on the ground, and after he stand back on his knees, he realize that the wolf he escaped from, had missed and attacked a young-maid instead.

“ CALL FOR A HEALER IMMEDIATELY ! “ Dongwoo screams in alert

Sungyeol’s body become numb… his blood boiled in anger…

“ This… is your idea of a duel? Involving a blameless young woman… this is… ! “

SSSSHHHHHHH…….

A sudden rain falls, as the others were still keeping their eyes on Sungyeol, large amount of water coming out from the ground, like it was being pushed forcefully from inside the soil, creating a huge vortex with Sungyeol still standing stiff inside the whirlpool.
“ … this is what you choose, rather than to accept your own defeat? To disregard the rules with your reckless acts?! “ Sungyeol’s voice can be heard from the vortex, yet, what the other people there can see is not Sungyeol… it is Sungyeol, but absolutely not Sungyeol they knew before. His eyes grow dark and cold. His hair seems to grow a bit, giving a supernatural aura around him. The bright and childish boy has turns into another personality; furious yet emotionless.
“ YOU CALL THIS A TRUE DUEL?! “
Sungyeol screams, making the whirlpool exploded, then magically calmed back and transformed into a giant water-dragon… Sungjong shivers, terrified
“ IF SO, I CANNOT LEAVE YOU ALONE! IT WAS NOT MY INTENT TO SHED BLOOD, HOWEVER… YOU LEAVE ME NO CHOICE! “
The water dragon moves his body as if it’s dancing, and ready to eat up its prey
“ I SHALL PUT YOU DOWN! “
Sungjong, pale and shocked… From afar, Lady Hyori is calmly admiring Sungyeol … “ what a beautiful technique “ she said
“AAAARRGGHHH !!!! “ Sungyeol’s dragon wraps it’s body around the helpless Sungjong, who is now screaming in horror.

“ Impossible! His Majesty has not yet entered into a pact with any element! “ stuttered Dongwoo, watching the horrifying yet amusing scene.
Hoya grins.
“ So this means his soul is the real thing”

“ BY YOUR SELFISHNESS, YOU TOOK THE LIFE OF AN INNOCENT YOUNG WOMAN! I CAN NEVER FORGIVE THIS! “

“ Shi—Why.. why are you… you—WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU?! “ Sungjong shouts in terror

Sungyeol chuckled…
‘ What am I? So, you have forgotten my face? “
The dragon wraps Sungjong’s body tighter making the boy having difficulties in breathing

“ SUNGYEOL !!!!!!!!! “
Myungsoo runs to the Sungyeol run amok, good that Sungyeol turns his head to Myungsoo
“ The girl has regained consciousness! Her life is not in danger “

A smile formed on Sungyeol’s pale face
“ I see… “

In the matter of seconds, dark aura around Sungyeol along with the water-dragon vanished and Sungjong is free to breathe.

“ You, the one known as Sungjong, from here on, I’ll make sure you adjust your attitude. Even the Gods have compassion. “
Right after Sungyeol finish his line, he lost his balance and his body falls to the point he lost his consciousness.

“ YOUR MAJESTY !!!!! “
 

 


 

HELLO EVERYONE!

I'M HERE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING, THAT IN EVERY UPDATE I'LL POST SOME FACTS ABOUT THE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY, JUST TO MAKKE EVERYTHING CLEAR, OR JUST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION 
 

In this chapter I'll post 6 FACTS to repay the previous chatpers :)

 

FACT #1

Lee Sungyeol was born in Boston,USA and grew up in Korea. He is a high school student who enjoys baseball more than textbooks

 

FACT #2

Myungsoo is only half demon and because of this he is unable to use demon magic

 

FACT #3

Lady Hyori saya Sungjong inherited his selfishness from his father, but he can be very many and reliable

 

FACT #4

Sungjong possesses fire magic ( a trait from his mother's side of the family ), as well as being adept with a sword. He is considered one of the leading practitioners of fire magic in the country. He is the half brother of Myungsoo and Hoya

 

FACT #5

Hoya is a sklled tactician and is capable of using earth magic and can cast barriers

 

FACT #6

Dongwoo will be Sungyeol's adviser and teacher. Dongwoo is a skilled swordsman and magician. He is a very whimsical person and poetic in his thoughts

 

 

I CHANGED THE FONT, I SUPOSE THIS ONE IS BETTER... WHAT DO YOU THINK? 
I'LL CHANGE THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS IF YOU GUYS THINK THIS FONT IS BETTER :)

 

THANK YOU