Starting A New Life

I'm Always Happy To Help You

This is the first chapter I was sleepy when I was doing this chapter, but hoping you would have some interests of reading this fic. Hope you enjoy :)

Baekho’s P.O.V

I met Ren with his boyish haircut and his hair hadn't dyed. From what I remember his hair was kinda slightly brown. I went to Seoul to fulfill my dream to be a singer, but at first before that we needed to be train first. I was fourteen back then and took the audition in Pledis Entertainment. I gave all I’ve got to be selected to all of the thousands participants. Fortunately I was selected and I was very happy that I was able to fulfill my dreams step by step, but of course I need patience and wait until it’s time. Then I met Ren; he was one of the lucky participants who were selected and who were ready for the long time training. He was totally a quite person with meticulous personality. We became best friends and we always hang out since then. I trust him like a true brother.

Ren rarely smiles in the public. People would see him with an expressionless face all the time, but he acted like a kid sometimes; only me seeing it. While some other people who knew me. They knew that I’m a goofy person and some people were wondering how we became friends with Ren who rarely talks.  

One day I was practicing with some Noona in the After School – Play Your Love [MV] somewhere outside away from Pledis building. JR came wboyho’ve I known since I joined Pledis. He excused himself just to have a word with me as he gave me the news of making a new band and he needed two more people before to start a boy band. I agreed without any second thoughts and I’ve included Ren immediately. JR looked so happy and he said we had to meet in the following day and he would text me tonight where to meet. After the making of the MV I’ve sent Ren a message telling him ‘Minki meet me at 6 pm in Pledis Practice room’ and he asked a lots of questions with why? everytime And I’ve told him ‘It’s a surprise Minki.’ He gave up in the end.

Fifteen minutes earlier I went there at the meeting place and I was kinda surprise Minki was there standing and leaning on the wall near at the Practice room. His hair was a bit longer than before and he told me before that he didn’t want to cut it and he wanted to try a new look. I thought at first ‘Men! That’s so gay! I prefer short hair than the longer one.. anyways he’s my best friend after all and I’ll support him for that. I can’t just tell him. Dude I don’t like your hair’.

Although Ren looked so feminine and he’s a boy I could tell he’s not gay. I’ve seen him heartbroken once because of a girl. He was head over heels dead in love with Minzy from 2NE1. Minzy knew him as a back-up dancer from some other MV or live concert. He had once worked with YG Entertainment because After School had duet concert somewhere in Seoul with the so called girl group, 2NE1. Minzy and him became friends unfortunately Minki fell in love with her. Minzy wasn’t interested on a boy with more feminine looks. He accepted to be friends instead, but it took him so long to forget his love for her.

Minki’s hands were in his pockets while spacing out and I patted his shoulder and looked at me and then he spoke.

“Hyung, what was it you wanna talk about?” Ren asked as always with his poker face and I smiled at him.

“Minki, you told me before you wanna be a singer and help your family am I right?” He only nodded.

“Well, you know Jonghyun told me that he still needs two more members and I’ve decided to include you and…” I was about to tell him something more. A few seconds later he hugged me. Ren was crying because of happiness and thanked me. It felt kinda weird though when our bodies had contact I felt sparks through my body. I stood there like a statue at first. I ignored it and brushed it off. I patted his back to calm him down and I hugged him back.

“Hyung I do not know how to thank you with this, but I really really thank you, bro” Said Ren without letting go of me. I smiled and I was very happy for him at the same time. He could help his family lift them up from their hard life in Busan. He let go of me and gave him smile.

“But, Minki we have to meet them tomorrow.”

“Where?” Ren brushed off the tears on his face and he smiled at me.

“I do not know yet. Jonghyun would text me later where to meet and I would give you a heads up later.”He nodded and I asked him to eat first before we went home.

Ren’s P.O.V

I was standing near at the Pledis practice room while thinking what would Hyung’s surprised Would be. I went there twenty minutes earlier because the dance practice was finished at 5:40 pm as it supposed to be finish at six. I put my hands in my pocket and waited until 5 minutes came. Baekho hyung patted my shoulder and asked him.

“Hyung, what was it you wanna talk about?” I asked him.

“Minki, you told me before you wanna be a singer and help your family am I right?”I only nodded I had a feeling there would be a good news of course I didn’t show it to him until he said.

“Well, you know Jonghyun told me that he still needs two more members and I’ve included you and…” Without any hesitation I gave him hug and tears fell down on my cheeks I couldn’t stop crying because at last my dream to be a singer would be real and I could help my family. Baekho hugged me back.

“Hyung I do not know how to thank you with this, but I really really thank you, bro.” I told him without letting go of Baekho.

Baekho hyung stood there like a stone, but it was weird. I’ve felt sparks through my body. I actually ignored it because I think because of the cold weather this month. He always gave me a hug, but that sparks that I felt was really weird. I thought ‘It’s January after all. Winter just started a month ago.’

“Minki we have to meet them tomorrow.”

“Where?”I used my right hand to brush off the tears on my cheeks and smiled after that.

“I do not know yet. Jonghyun would text me later where to meet and I would give you a heads up later.”I only nodded and he asked me to eat outside. I agreed with his idea and we went out in the Pledis buolding.

No one’s P.O.V

Baekho, texted Ren that night to meet up tomorrow in Pledis building to meet up with the other members. That morning the two arrived in the Pledis building meeting up with Jonghyun and the other two members.

“Glad to see you two.”Jong said happily.

“Of course this would be our time to shine after our long time training.” Baekho said putting his hands in his pocket while Ren stood there with his poker face Jonghyun eyeing Ren with questionable looks in his eyes.

“Baekho, you brought a girl?”

“Dude, he’s not she…”Baekho was about to continue talking when Ren cut him off.

“I’m a boy, I’m Minki btw.” Ren bowed. Jonghyun was satisfied because the group was ready and complete.

“Jonghyun, but call me JR as my stage name. I don’t like my name hahaha”Jonghyun laughed and along wiht the other two.

“Why? I think it’s not that bad anyway”Ren asked.

“I just don’t like it. I prefer JR, pls.”Jonghyun said scratching the back of his head.

Jonghyun introduced the two to the manager and signed up the contract. JR told them that the name of the group would be called NU’EST which stands for New, Establish, Style, and, Tempo.The two made their way to the make-up room or they called it a little salon in Pledis building. Baekho got a haircut and they dyed his hair into lightish brown. Some other make up stylish Noona saw Ren. One of them talked to the manager and the manager agreed to transform Ren into girlish look to attract more attention from their future fans. After the one and half hour make over. Baekho was happy on his Mohawk haircut and his dyed hair as he looked at his reflection in the mirror while Ren almost shout and luckily he managed to suppress it. He liked the blonde part, but he looked like a girl or a doll.

Ren thought for a second ‘I know I look like a girl, but damn! I am expecting to be more manly than with this, ! Why?!’.

“Noona, why do I look like this? I mean, why with this girlie look?” Ren said with a slightly an angry tone.

“Your manager asked me to do it. I’m only following orders.” Said the Noona plainly. Ren sighed at his reflection. He couldn’t do anything and because of his new look and his future career. He needed to endure his looks from now on.

Baekho approached his friend and he was frozen as he saw Ren's new look. Then he made his way to his friend with a big smile on his lips.

“Yo! Are you really Minki ah? Ahahahaha…Never thought you are a gay.” Ren puched Baekho’s right arm with annoyance while Baekho was still laughing at Ren’s new look.

“ you Baekho! Our manager wants me like this. What else can I do? Just shut up or I’ll ing kill you!” Ren warned Baekho giving his friend a deathly glare.

“Ok ok I’m sorry I’m not used to your new look ahaha..”Baekho responded and he stopped laughing.

Their manager walked up to them and introduced the other members which were Minhyun and Aron. The manager gave Minki the stage name, Ren while Dongho chose the name Baekho, because he got the name Baekho while he was working with the After School girl group. While the manager was introducing the other two, Aron was focusing his attention to Ren. Actually wasn’t paying attention to his manager. After the introducing part Ren sat on an empty seats in the make-up room and Baekho went with JR and Minhyun to check the photoshoot set. Ren felt sad on his look. Aron on the other hand approached Ren.

“Hi, a moment ago the manager introduced us if you still remember me, I’m Aron. You’re so beautiful wanna go out later, miss Ren?” Aron smiled and sat beside Ren.

Ren was annoyed because his new member in the band thought him as a girl. Ren's thought 'For real? this guy wasn't paying attention to manager hyung?! ahhh...I really hate it, mistook me as a girl!' He mentally punch the Noona who had done this.

“Sorry..You’re wrong” Aron was a taken back and his eye widened a bit. Aron thought ‘Her voice was kinda deep for girl.’ Ren continued.

“I’m not as you think, Aron hyung. I’m a guy and I’m not a girl as all of the others think.”Aron frowned and felt disgusted for a moment, but as he examined Ren’s face, his beautiful eyes, and more on his lips. He was lost in thoughts when Ren wave at him.

“Hyung? You ok?” Ren asked looking at Aron.

“Oh..yeah I..I’m sorry I’ve mistaken you y..you as a lady. Well, let’s join the other members at the photoshoot set.” Aron invited Ren without looking at him and he stood from his seat.

“I’ll be staying here for a bit.” Aron left Ren with a confused expression.

Aron’s P.O.V.

Aron thought ‘The ?! Why am I looking on his lips? Stop it Aron! You’re not gay! I like girls! only girls! ! And I even stuttered what’s wrong?! Shoved that off Aron! Think!’ Giving himself a slap on the face to calm himself down.

Minhyun's P.O.V.

The other two JR and Baekho was goofing off somewhere while me waiting for the camera man to be ready for the pictorial. Was that really a boy? No way he’s too beautiful.

‘Why the hell am I thinking about him? Minhyun you just met him you’re going to be friends not be his lover.’ He stomped his right leg onto the floor and some staffs looked at me.

“Sorry, my foot is a lil bit itchy.” I scratched my head and I bowed to them. I thought that as a lame excuse.

No one’s P.O.V.

The pictorial that day was finished. Their manager told them to pack up their things to move to their new dorm. Their manager was hoping that they could move to their new dorm within a week, so they do not have to phone them whenever there’s a new schedule.

Within a week all of the NU’EST members were able to move at their new dorm. All of them chose where to sleep. Minhyun and Aron chose to sleep downstairs while the other three chose to sleep at the second floor. After a month they got along like siblings.

Aron’s P.O.V

Eight in the evening in the NU’EST dorm while me watching some Korean TV shows. Why I couldn’t forget him it’s been a month, but I always dream about him. Damn! I couldn’t forget that rosy lips that he has, his eyes, and his milky skin. That’s making me crazy or uncomfortable sometimes around him. I even noticed he always asked me to go out somewhere or cling onto me sometimes. I’ve heard that he tried to court one of the member in 2NE1 I’m guessing the youngest member, Minzy. Unfortunately he got a total 100% rejection from the girl. Someone told me that he was totally depressed for a month. I said to myself ridiculous! I do not think he’s gay if he is then.. then I was shocked when he was poking my neck. I went back to reality when Ren didn’t stop poking my neck.

“What?” I said without looking at him.

“Aron Hyung, can we go out to buy some foods. Recently I dislike some foods here in the dorm, because I always eat them every day. I wanna try something that is new, plsss” Ren asked giving me one of his cute expression.

“How b..bout Baekho he can help you ” I said feeling suddenly nervous.

“Baekho went out with those three. I can’t just text him to help me plsss hyung” Wrapped his hands around my right hand.

I suddenly gulped I tried to resists but his actions that he was making totally made me say yes in the end.

“O..k but this has t..to be quick, Ren.” why did I stutter again stop! I don’t like him damn I don’t! This would be a long night I guess. He thought completely defeated.

Baekho’s P.O.V.

The other two  went home and I’ve decided to buy something at the store near at the park. After buying some snacks and a soda I went to the park sitting one of the benches. Recently I felt distant with Ren I noticed that he always hang out with Aron hyung. Suddenly I saw Ren and Aron hyung went to the store. Aron hyung put his right hand on Ren's shoulders. I felt raged inside me and thought after that. Wait! Why am I angry when Aron hyung did that? I’m not jealous right?! I felt confused I grabbed my soda and ate some snacks. He’s a guy Baekho!