Unexpected Confession

Crazy Love

 

I edited something. Sorry =)

 

xoxoxo

 

 “So, would you mind if I take you home?”

 

“Actually, my dad’s picking me up today.”

 

“I guess we have a next time, then. You should give me your number.”

 

“Sure.”

 

 

I feel totally numb in my spot. I want to cry but tears won’t dare to fall. I know it’s stupid of me to feel like this…but I do.

 

I am currently sitting in the waiting shed in front of our school, waiting for my drive home. It just happens that one of my classmates and my crush are here, too. I can overhear their talking and I can’t help but feel jealous.

 

Stupid, right?

 

My classmate and my crush just exchanged numbers in front of me. I feel like a dummy being the third wheel here.

 

I hear them talking about stuffs. They would laugh once in a while. I take extra effort to distract myself from them…but fail. There are only the three of us here. Baekhyun got here first before me. It was awkward for the two of us until Krystal came. Baekhyun approached her and they started talking, leaving me out of the picture.

 

I didn’t know what has gotten into me but I ran away from them all of a sudden. I don’t care if it’s pouring hard, I just continue to run. I even heard my classmate calling after me but I didn’t look back. I can’t. I won’t.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun. 

 

 

He’s my crush ever since middle school. We didn’t have any formal meeting but we know each other – or in my part, I totally do.

 

We were going into different school when I first met him back in middle high. He was standing in front of our school gate to see his friends who happened to be my classmates and friends, too. He is an eye candy. Lots of girls are falling for him….and it’s crazy that I’m in the same boat as them.

 

I do not know why I even like him. Sure he got the looks but aside from that, I can’t see anything positive. He’s a jerk, playboy, rebel, badass, and everything with the likes. Yet, I see myself looking for him every day. There’s not a day that had passed without me doodling his name at the back of my notebooks. I was always counting on the day when he would drop by our school again – though I would just hide like the idiot that I am when he roams around our campus – to visit his friends.

 

I know he’s stupid for not realizing that I like him when I am totally obvious. Or maybe he does, that’s why he’s not talking to me. But either way, I am more stupid for liking him for no apparent reason at all.

 

I knew him because of our common friends. We managed to exchange a couple of hi and hello back then – it was embarrassing that my friends were teasing me in front of him whenever he was stopping by our school and forcing him to wave at me – so I suppose that he know my name as well.

 

Apparently, he seems not to have any interest in me. Top reason, he has a girlfriend – pretty, smart, and a student body president. Me? I’m an average teenager that wears sneakers and does not know how to do make-ups – the complete opposite of her to be more specific. Not exactly Baekhyun’s type of girl.

 

But, boy, who says that I can’t admire him from afar? I let myself watch him without expecting for him to look back at me. It won’t hurt to have an inspiration in school, right? I guess not.

 

But a little voice inside my head is silently wishing that he would look at me. Even just a glance would be fine – even just once.

 

I went back to reality when I realized that I’m already in front of our house. I think the rain doesn’t have any plan of stopping from the looks of it. Even the weather is sympathizing with me. I look at myself and I am soaking wet. I can’t believe I actually run from school to our house! Weird, I don’t feel any exhaustion at all; I’m not even shivering from the cold weather. My body is totally numb.

 

I decide to go inside. Good thing my parents go home late, I don’t want them to worry at my current state. I go inside my bathroom to take a hot shower. I quickly strip then let the water wash away all my exhaustion. God, it feels good.

 

As the needles of warm water hit my body, the scene earlier replayed in my mind. I close my eyes tightly and sigh. Why do I feel like this?

 

Get a hold of yourself, Yumi. You know you don’t have the right to feel jealous. So what if they exchanged numbers? You’re not in the right to get angry. If anything, Minji does – she’s the girlfriend, not you. I scold myself.

 

I sigh again. If Baekhyun has the guts to flirt with another girl, maybe he and Minji are already over. The guy is in love with her – he would never do anything reckless like cheating.

 

If that’s the case, I totally envy Krystal – my classmate whom Baekhyun exchanged number earlier. She caught Baekhyun’s eyes. They only met today but he already asked for her number. He must like her. I can’t argue with that. Krystal is a pretty and nice girl.

 

But me? I’ve known him for almost a year now. The fact that we’re already attending the same school right now in senior high made my hope grew – I thought he would finally notice me. But he never did. He never will.

 

It’s not like I love him – I don’t think so. He’s just my crush. But still…why am I acting like this? I should forget him this instant, really. I should move on.

 

I shake away all the thoughts running in my head and step out of the shower. I dry myself with my towel then shrug on my favorite warm hoodie. I hid myself under the covers of my bed afterwards. I should take a nap first to forget all what had happened today. And when I wake, the name Byun Baekhyun would be erased in my memory.

 

xoxoxo

 

The next morning, I wake up with a massive headache. I shouldn’t have run in the rain yesterday.

 

Ugh,” I groan. Me and my worthless brain.

 

Even though I feel a little sick, I still try my best to stand up – we have a reporting today in Earth Science. Which remind me…?

 

I didn’t study my report!” I gasp. I tousle my hair in annoyance. I turn my head to look at the alarm clock. 6:12 AM on the dot. Then I stand up to take a quick shower. It’s still early anyways; I can still review it in the library.

 

After I dress up and prepare my things, I go out of my room. I won’t bother looking for my parents – they usually go to work earlier than me so they are probably gone. Yeah, I rarely meet my family. Cheers with that.

 

I lock the doors and walk on my way to school without eating anything. I don’t think I still have appetite in this situation. I am trying to get over him, right?

 

Time drop by, it’s now our break time. Good thing our group report went well. At least there’s still something right happening to me.

 

I am walking down to the cafeteria with my gals – Luna and Sulli. I haven’t told them about yesterday, yet. But I figure out I will later. I can’t keep secrets from them anyway.

 

Hey, guess who hung out in our room before class starts,” Sulli nudges me.

 

Who?” I grumble.

 

Your babe!” Luna squeals. “Where have you been earlier anyway? We were looking for you. Gosh, you are missing on duty.”

 

My babe?” I ask, puzzled.

 

She rolls her eyes at me, “Baekhyun, duh!”

 

We take the seat on the empty table near the balcony. “Last time I checked, he was a stranger. I don’t call strangers ‘babe’ alright,” I say then immediately drop my head on the table the moment I sat. My head hurts like hell.

 

Luna and Sulli look at each other. The next second, they are beside me, rubbing my back and comforting me. They are surely confused why I acted like that. Usually, when it comes to talk about him, I am always hyper – but not today. Not anymore.

 

Hey, what happened?

 

Are you okay?

 

Sulli touches my forehead then gasps loudly. “Oh my God, you’re burning!

 

What? Let’s get you to the clinic,” Luna suggests.

 

Not interested,” I mumble.

 

Oh, come on. You don’t want to die in here do you?

 

I’m about to answer back when someone speak from my behind, “Hey, girls. Is everything alright?

 

I furrow my eyebrows but still didn’t move. The voice sounds familiar.

 

C-Chanyeol,” Luna stutters.

 

Chanyeol? Oyeah, the one from our English class. Park Chanyeol if I’m not mistaken.

 

Yumi is sick but won’t go to the clinic,” Sulli explains.

 

It actually startle me when he touches my forehead. “Hmm, your condition is not good. I suggest you go with me.

 

Then there and then, he pulls me up from my seat. He put his hands on my waist and under my knees and gently lifts me up. A short gasp escaped from my lips. Whoaa. Did he just…pick me up? I am too astound and sick to protest.

 

He starts walking outside the cafeteria, leaving Sulli and Luna stun in their places. I manage to look around the cafeteria, hoping that there aren’t heaps of students to see my situation. But the moment I tilted my head, my eyes meet with the last person I expect to meet today. Him.

 

I immediately look away and bury myself in Chanyeol’s shoulder. How embarrassing can this be?

 

Chanyeol take me to the school clinic. The nurse advise me to just go home to take a rest since my fever is bloody high. I didn’t argue since I am really feeling heavy today.

 

Good thing Chanyeol was nice enough to drive me home. He make sure that I am settled in my bed before he leaves – such a gentleman act.

 

When I close my eyes, I saw Baekhyun’s facial expression back in the cafeteria earlier. Why is he looking at me that way? His eyebrows were furrowed as if he didn’t like what he was seeing. Well, I figure out that I may be right. Chanyeol is one of his friends. He might not want his buddies hanging out around me.

 

Why is that? Does he hate me? But we’re not even close to each other. Why would he hate me then?

 

My thoughts were playing in those questions when I fell asleep.

 

xoxoxo

 

Three days had passed and my fever died down. I’m now all better so I decide to go to school. Boy, I have lots to catch up.

 

Sulli, Luna, and I are in the school kiosk one morning. I am completing my notes that I have missed when I was sick while the two won’t stop bugging me about Chanyeol.

 

C’mon. What’s going on you two?

 

Are you dating?”  

 

Shut up!” I immediately hiss at them then looked around if anyone heard them. Good thing we are the only ones in the kiosk that day. I don’t want to be in a scandal with anybody – well, who would right?

 

Will you two stop? The guy was just being nice, alright? Quit giving malice to it,” I frown at them.

 

They were about to speak again so I stop them. “Besides, he has a girlfriend. I don’t want to ruin relationships,” I give them a look then continue what I was doing.

 

            “What about Baekhyun? He also has a girlfriend,” Sulli points out.

 

I pause for a moment before answering, “Yeah? So?” Luna rolls her eyes, “If you’r e going to have a crush on someone who has a girlfriend, might as well go with Chanyeol. He is a better inspiration than Baekhyun, duh!

 

You should just go for him instead of Baekhyun,” Sulli seconds.

 

I blink at them.

 

Before I could think, Sulli shots me another question, “What do you think of Chanyeol?

 

I-

 

They lean closer to me, waiting for what I would say. I inwardly sigh. I can’t lie to these girls. “Okay fine. I think he’s cute.” I finally say. “And a gentleman,” I add.

 

They start squealing. I have to roll my eyes with that. “How about Baekhyun? What do you think of him as of this moment?” Luna asks.

 

A jerk,” I mumble.

 

Yeaaah,” Sulli grins. “Sweetie, from now on, the name Baekhyun is not in our vocab anymore. We should forget about him, okies? Now just focus on your studies and make Chanyeol oppa your inspiration.”

 

Luna gave her a high five. “Besides, Chanyeol is not the type who asks for a chic’s number in front of you.”

 

I sigh. I already told them what happened that afternoon. And as expected, they were fuming mad. I even had to stop them from confronting Baekhyun. We don’t have any rights in the first place.

 

Sulli stands up. “Let’s go girls. We’re up for English class. Meaning? Chanyeol time!” she giggles and skip through.

 

Luna joins her and I follow them. I just shake my head at those two.

 

I don’t have a chance on both Baekhyun and Chanyeol, though. They have their own girls. What made these brats think that Chanyeol would notice me? Pshh.

 

What I didn’t know was…someone was eavesdropping on us from the corner.

 

xoxoxo

 

 “Thank you.” I feel my heat crept up my cheeks as I said those words. Chanyeol grins widely at me. “No problem.” Then he exits.

 

I just caught my breath. Why didn’t I notice that he is so charming before? He is adorable.

 

I look at the bottle of mineral water that I am holding. I blush again. He said he noticed that I still have a sneeze and said that water could make me feel better soon so he gave me one.

 

We don’t have an English class today – the only subject that we were classmates. But he still made his way to our building which is far from his just to give me this water. How thoughtful can he be?

 

 

A couple of days had already passed and I am doing well on my plan of forgetting Baekhyun. I have improvements alright. I managed not to think about him during class hours; I’m not looking for him when I’m walking around the campus; I even tore all the doodles of his name at the last page of my notebooks. I am so doing well.

 

But the negative part? I am thinking of him before I go to sleep. That, I can’t get rid off.

 

But well, all I need is time. I know I’m going to succeed in my plan. I want to erase him in my mind. Maybe one day, I will. I am counting on that.

 

 

Just when I thought everything is normal, this one unexpected afternoon came. I didn’t have any idea that this would happen. I didn’t know if it’s good or bad for me….but I just go on with the flow.

 

 

One afternoon, I forgot my Algebra book in our classroom. All the students are already gone since class hour is over. I hurry to go into my room – I don’t have any plan of staying here until twilight.

 

I open the door the moment I reached room 147. I step inside to find the shock of my life. What is Baekhyun doing here? He is sitting in the teacher’s table alone. Why isn’t he going home? This is our home room and I don’t think he has any reason to stay here.

 

Is it because of Krystal? But she left an hour ago. I remember Luna and Sulli told me that he also hung out in this room before class starts.

 

We look at each other for half a minute before I break the contact. I clear my throat to loosen the awkward atmosphere. “Excuse me,” I make my way to my seat to get my book. Thank God it was there.

 

I am about to leave when I saw him standing in front of the door, blocking it. I furrow my eyebrows. “I’m going.”

 

But he just continue to stare at me. I’m starting to feel uneasy. Why is he looking at me like that? When I can’t stand the atmosphere anymore, I decide to speak again.

 

Excuse me, Baekhyun-shi. I need to go out,” I say as politely as I can.

 

Ten seconds passed then I hear his voice for the first time after a couple of weeks. The voice I am avoiding the most.

 

I thought you like me.” His face was expressionless.

 

I am taken aback. God, why would he say such awkward statement in an awkward situation? Gaaaah! “Umm, pardon?” I don’t know what to answer so I just play safe.

 

He takes a step towards me and I instinctively step backwards. Then he pause and scoffs. “I am coming closer to you and you jerk away. How come when Chanyeol picked you up, you even cuddled in his chest, huh?” There’s a faint sound of angriness in his voice.

 

I’m now confused. I don’t understand what he’s implying.

 

How can you be so clueless?” he asks in disbelief.

 

I don’t understand what you’re saying,” I honestly say in a small voice.

 

Our eyes won’t leave each other. It’s like we are trap.

 

You do know what day it is today, right?” he asks all of a sudden. I furrow my eyebrows. “It’s a Monday,” I reply.

 

He furrows his eyebrows, too. I can tell he’s getting pissed as the clock ticks by. And I am getting hella nervous.

 

It’s not just a freaking Monday, goddamn it,” he growls. “August 14. This time last year, we first met each other.

 

My eyes rounded. I try to remember the date when I first saw him but I can’t. But I do remember that it was also afternoon that time. I saw him in front of our school gate, waiting for his buds.

 

I’m a little – scratch that, I am immensely shocked that he would remember such a date. Why would he? It’s nothing important, right? If anything, I should be the one marking my calendar with that day. But unfortunately, I haven’t.

 

I gulp. “May…I know what you’re trying to say? I don’t get you,” I whisper the last part.

 

He still has this pissed expression on his face. Just then, he grabs my shoulder and pins me in the wall. My eyes widen at the sudden action.

 

You don’t know what I’m trying to say? God, you really are clueless. Don’t you get it? Why I’m always around you? Why I went to the same school as you? Why I’m always looking at you? Why I go to school every ing day even I don’t have class? You don’t know why?” he yells.

 

I stare at him. Part of me wants to think that, possibly, what I think is right. But another part doesn’t want to believe. It’s, I don’t know, impossible? Too good to be true?

 

Yumi, I was just getting close to those es just to get your attention. You’re always making me feel jealous whenever you’re with another guy. So I figured out that I would just also hang out with other girls to get your attention. But apparently you don’t. You’re even replacing me with Chanyeol! Don’t lie to me; I overheard you with your friends that time; I even saw you yesterday talking to him. And what did you say? My girlfriend? Well tell you what – I broke up with Minji the moment we met. How come you don’t know about that? You are so damn clueless. I thought that whenever our eyes met, you get the message. Can’t you see it in my eyes? Because I see it in yours all the time.”

 

What…is?” I whisper. I still can’t believe what is happening right now. What he said didn’t register yet in my brain.

 

He closes his eyes tightly and groan. “You’re so despicable. You really want me to say it?”

 

Say what? Though, the little voice inside me says that it is the words I wanted to hear from him ever since day one. But I don’t want to believe it. No, not yet.

 

Damn,” he curse and I didn’t have the chance to breathe, he press his lips against mine and kiss me deeply.

 

My eyes widen at once. But after a couple of seconds, they automatically shut themselves to savor the warm sensation he is giving me.

 

Is this really true? I’m not dreaming, am I? Baekhyun is kissing me!

 

It didn’t take long when I see myself responding to him. His kiss became gentle, soft, and passionate, with so much love and affection.

 

Millions of butterflies are exploding in my stomach. My knees start to weaken but he catch my waist and continue on what he is doing.

 

He just broke it when he felt that I needed to breathe. We are both panting while gazing at each other.

 

Now, he doesn’t need to tell me what he was implying earlier – he already showed it to me. And I clearly got the message.

 

Happy 1st year anniversary, baby. I love you.” He pecks my lips once more and kiss me all over my face; my nose, my forehead, my temple, my cheeks, my jaw. He murmur the three words I only hear him say in my dreams as he kissed every part of my face.

 

My eyes automatically close again as I tighten my grip on his neck. This time, I am completely aware on what this guy is in my heart. He’s not just a crush. I’m not in denial anymore and I am open to show it to him, knowing that the feeling is mutual. I’m willing to submit to this feeling for him – this crazy love. “I love you, too...Byun Baekhyun.” 

 

 

xoxoxo

 

I'm just bored that's why I wrote this. Thanks for reading =)) 

Comment and Subrcribe if you want ^^

Sorry again if it sounds horrible haha.

P.S. I am so over my crush -__-