Chapter 1

Hope is the thing with feathers

I would never forget the day. The day he left. I had came back from work late, tired and drained, expecting to see him sitting on the sofa, watching a replay of a soccer match while waiting for me. I had expected him to off the television and walk towards me, nuzzling my neck and telling me he missed me. I had expected him to fuss over me, pushing me into the bathroom while rushing into the kitchen to heat up the leftovers.

But it never did happen.

I had came back to an empty house. The lights off and an eerie silence lingered. I switched on the lights and entered, gently calling out for him but to receive no response. Did he get held back by work as well? Was he out with his friends? Questions filled my mind. I went into our shared bedroom, and plugged my phone in to the charger. Perhaps the answer is in there, he would most certainly have informed me if he had something on.

And yes, he did inform me. Not via the phone though, but through the letter sitting quietly on the table beside our bed. I carefully opened the white envelope and pulled out the letter. The familiar handwriting greeted me.

Kyuhyun,

I am going away. I am sorry for doing it this way, but perhaps this is for the better. I was wrong, Kyu... When I thought that it is enough with just you and me, but the world is bigger than that. We had a good run, we did. Thank you for the love and all that wonderful memories. Nevertheless, it's time for us to move on before it's too late. Please... Don't look for me. And please, be happy without me.

Leeteuk

My mind went blank after that. How is this possible? He was laughing and holding me in his arms just this morning... How could he have left me just like that? I ran to the closet and frantically opened it. The left side of it was completely empty, not a piece of clothing left. I dug into the drawer and everything of his were gone. Entirely gone.

I looked around trying to find something to distract me. Is this some kind of joke? For a moment I was convinced he was going to jump out from somewhere to surprise me. But it never did happen. I remember desperately dialling his number on the phone only to find that he had cut off his line. And then I knew this was not a joke. He had left, just like this. My vision turned blurry and tears fell down. I sank onto the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. Did our relationship mean nothing to him? Was he acting this morning when he said that he loves me? Where had he gone to? Millions of questions circled my mind as I sobbed in the dark room.

I could feel the emptiness of the house closing on me, threatening to swallow me. And at that moment I wished it did, because I could not imagine what life would be from then onwards.

--

Just a short prelude to the story. I know alot of people are wondering is this is going to be a sad ending, but I think it will be more exciting for you to find out yourself. Haha.=)