Cry no more.

heart cringe.

And...

***

For the next few days, Key is totally lost. He fell asleep to the maknae's harsh but lullaby-like voice replaying in his head over and over again. The incident that happened appeared in his nightmares, when he's performing, when he's eating and sleeping, and he didn't know what to do anymore.

He started to notice Taemin abit more. In fact, alot more now. The maknae was acting differently towards him; colder, more detached. He wasn't treating him special anymore, but more like Key was just another hyung.

But every thing Taemin did just made more sense to Key. His touches burned Key's skin. It made his heart start thumping harder each time. Everytime he spoke to Minho in such an affectionate manner, it disturbed Key. Key could feel his heart contracting and it hurt. Cringe.

Finally, Key couldn't stand it anymore, and he confronts the younger boy in the most shocking way ever.

"Taemin, stop this." He grabs Taemin's hand, causing him to spin around gracefully.

"Yes hyung? What's up?"

"Oh don't act like you're that dense."

"...What did I do wrong this time?" Taemin answers, his gaze lowering towards the floor.

"Ask yourself," Key retorts letting go of Taemin's hand.

"I thought what I did was enough. You know, by not talking that much to you, I wouldn't bother you and continue to screw up your life."

"What? That's why you've been avoiding me?"

"Then perhaps maybe, you wouldn't be so troubled by all this crap I'm throwing at you."

"That's not it Tae, I mean you've never screwed up anything in my life, listen to me!"

"And then you wouldn't hate me so much-"

Then Taemin felt something warm crashing into his lips. It was rough, hitting his teeth. Yet it was also soft and sweet, like some strawberry. It all happened too fast for the dancer to reply, and before he knew it he was trying to push the older one away from him.

"So you're some ing mind reader now huh? Like a vampire? Well you sure fit the pale-skin part." Key says, staring straight into Taemin's eyes.

"That's not funny Key."

"No more witty come backs?"

"...What was that for?"

"To make you shut up and listen. You're blabbering too much about all that non-existent bull your mind makes up." Key smirked, leaning closer to Taemin, who was cornered to the wall. 

"It isn't non-existent! I mean, my bull doesn't think of my mind! No wait what-"

And Taemin felt that strange sensation again. Key's lips make contact with his for the second time, this round a little gentler and longer, giving Taemin time to react and return to it.

"I'm not done talking, don't interrupt me like that." Key teased the boy, laughing at how red his face had become. Then his face grows serious and he turned to face the boy again. "I'm sorry Taemin."

"You done with the moodswings?"

'No I'm serious this time. Sorry Tae. I've got to admit, I haven't really seen you in the past. The only person in my eyes was Jonghyun, how he dazzled people with that powerful voice, and how he cared with those discreet pats on the back."

Hearing the line, Taemin's face fell as he turned to walk away. "So you're going to continue playing with me like that?"

"But it's different now Tae. The past week, everything came clear to me. I've never seen someone so beautiful before, someone with a heart so pure. This person sparkles brightly, blinding me in the incandescence of it all. The fluid movements of his dances, his soft and gentle voice, his caring touches that just prick my skin. It disturbs me to see him closer to someone else and confiding in someone apart from his umma. He makes my heart beat faster, I've never realised how much he mattered to me."

As Key finished his speech, he felt someone envelop him in a tight embrace. Taemin's bony arms wrapped around his waist and his chin fitted snuggly on Key's shoulder, like how 2 puzzle pieces fited perfectly. Key the boy's hand and touches his cheek, smiling at him.

"And that person is right here with me. Hah, I've been blinded by love and your dazzling shine. Will you forgive me?"

"Need you ask?" Taemin replies, a playful smile grazing his lips.

***


There, happy ending for everyone (: