8 - A Sweet Man

Mine

 

Millions, if not billions of thoughts crossed her mind since that unforgettable event. She remember nothing about the bikes and the name of the girl that changed her style completely for that night. The only thing she could remember from that night was who won the race and what happened before that. Kim Sunggyu. He won the race with a great advantage, compared to the other racers and didn’t look like he had put too much effort on it, on the contrary. He looked rather bored by the end of it, like he was already expecting the out coming, but at the same time, in the end he won a good amount of money from the bets people made previous to the race. She was frozen from the beginning of that thing to the last moment but could you blame her? How was she supposed to react when her first kiss had been stolen by a man she didn’t even know? How was she supposed to react when he left her speechless? The man just…just grabbed her and kissed her like she was some of those girls around him, like she was…like she was his girlfriend.

But everything got worse when he kissed her again after the race and told her the lucky charm worked perfectly and he wanted her more times around because with her there, there was no way he would ever lose again. Why was he acting like that? Like he could do that as many times as he please? They have seen each other….3, 4 times and half of those times were with him almost killing her with his bike and him telling her she was suicidal. “…But he was indeed nice to me that night…” She whispered to herself as she walked towards the subway. She was so distracted she didn’t even notice the life around her. Everyone was getting ready for Christmas. The snow was already falling covering the streets with a beautiful white and the stores were showing perfectly what Christmas was all about for them. She on the other hand, was too busy with her thoughts and didn’t care about anything else. All she could think about was what the hell made Kim Sunggyu act like that and why in the world she liked it so much. “Stop thinking about it! He’s a bad guy!”

“Who’s a bad guy?” She heard a familiar velvet voice speak. She turned her head and there she saw a raven haired man smile sweetly at her, making her cheeks burn not only in embarrassment for being caught talking to herself but because she was not expecting to find said man to look so…so handsome. He had his hair completely messy and his outfit consisted on only two colors. Black and grey. She would usually see him with some color, but today it seemed he chose a very….sophisticated look. “N…Nam Woohyun.” She whispered and he smiled at her as he walked towards her. “So, who’s a bad guy?” He asked and she looked at him remembering her previous thoughts. Just that made her stomach twist in a not very pleasant sensation. She was feeling guilty for some reason. She was feeling like she was the worse person in the whole world and she was hating every moment of it. Seeing that she wasn’t answering, he smiled. “You’re thinking about Howon again aren’t you?” Those words caught her by surprise. “He’ll make you lead dancer. Don’t worry. He’s loving how…distracted you’re lately.”

She raised a brow and looked at him. “Distracted? I’m not distracted.” Nam Woohyun smiled at her and she continued blushing as soon he showed that million dollar smile that would make anyone, man or woman, shiver from head to toe. “He told me you’re finally showing the real you. That you finally stopped being so….goody two shoes. He’s saying you’re finally listening to him.” She didn’t know if she should smile at that statement or not. If only Lee Howon knew what she did some nights ago, he would never call her that for the rest of her life. “But I just think that you’re like that for a complete different reason.”

Both started walking slowly, ignoring the small stares people would give to them, saying they looked perfect together, that they were a very good looking couple. “Oh really?” She asked with a small smile crossing her face. He nodded and continued looking at her, not caring about the rest of the world around him. “Yes. And I think I know why you’re like that.” She continued smiling at him and this time she looked into his eyes. What she saw made her blush a little. His eyes were so…so honest, so pure and they were showing a little more than she could wish for, but she wasn’t sure what the other thing was. It just made her feel warm inside and made her want to hold him and beg him to never let go because she was so scared that he would leave her, even thought she knew it made no sense at all. “And what that might be?” She asked still giving him a small smile. He smirked. “…I believe you might be in love.”

That was everything she didn’t expect to hear. In love? How could she be in love? Who did she love in the first place? She…she didn’t know what love was, she didn’t know what it felt to be in love and since she didn’t felt different in anything, she was sure that she wasn’t in love with anyone or anything. She didn’t felt different; she felt the same, so she wasn’t in love! He saw her surprised face and tried his best not to laugh. Slowly and gently, like everything he did, he grabbed her hand and pulled her closer to him, making her wake up from his frozen state. “I might be wrong tho….” He paused and brought her hand to his lips making her heart skip so many beats. What were these men doing to her? What were they doing to her? Why were they making her head spin, why were they making her feel so many things at the same time and why in the world they were making her doubt her own thoughts. She never did that, she never, not even once question her thoughts or her sanity, but thanks to them, she was now wondering what the hell was happening to her.

“…May I be bold enough…and whish that I’m the one you’re in love with?” her eyes opened widely as she heard his velvet voice whisper those words. Her heart almost exploded when she heard him say that, and to make things worse she started feeling going dry as he gave two steps closer to her. He moved a little closer and their foreheads were now pressing together. Her mind went completely blank. She couldn’t even say her full name and age if she had to at that moment. All she could do was stare and feel him getting closer and closer until she felt his lips pressed against hers. Her heart and time stopped at the same time. She didn’t know how to feel, she didn’t know what to say, but one thing was for sure. She wasn’t going to pull away no matter what. It made her feel safe, it made her feel like the world wasn’t so bad after all and above all, it made her feel loved, something that she never felt before.

But for some reason she couldn’t help but compare this kiss to the one she had shared with Kim Sunggyu. So different and so much alike in so many ways. While Kim Sunggyu’s kiss was a little fast and tasted like danger, Nam Woohyun’s kiss made her feel safe and wanted. It was sweet and caring, just like the man himself. She felt him pull away and both looked to each other’s eyes. “…I’m sorry but…” Before he could continue, she pressed her fingers on his lips making him look at her with hopeful eyes. “It’s okay!” She said, showing how nervous she was with the whole thing. He smiled at her and grabbed both of her hands. “…does this mean…you’re mine?” Was she? Was she his? Did her heart belonged to him? Or was she lying to himself? What was she supposed to do? Was it possible that Kim Sunggyu was in love with her? Was possible that Nam Woohyun loved her? Why couldn’t she get any answers?