Were It All Began - Feb. 28th

Bucket List In 30 Days

 

“Are you sure you don't want me to walk you home?” Minho asked, care underlining his tone. I shook my head, and loosened his grip on my hands.

I was weak....but I couldn't tell him that. No one could know....they would just hate me more.

“I'm fine, Minho-ah~ I'll see you tomorrow....” I felt dizzy, but focused my eyes on the tall man in front of me. Minho.

“Fine,” He sighed, leaning down to kiss my forehead. “Get rest, Seo – you feel warm....” He patted my cheek and kissed me. When he turned to go, I smiled, he looked back every few feet- until he was finally out of view.

“Minho, I can't tell you how week I feel....” I turned around and reached for something to stabilize me. My hand slid down the brick wall next to me, and I felt my head spin as fast as the tea cup ride at an amusement park. “Help me.” I whispered, before my side hit the wall, followed by hitting the ground with a thump, and finally passing out.

“SEO YEON!”

-------Minho's POV----------

I looked over my shoulder one more time, to see Seo Yeon's small frame still smiling at me. Guilt washed over me as I turned the corner – my girlfriend finally out of sight. Would she really be okay? Her house was a few blocks from here.....she seemed out of it all night.....her face was warm....her hands were clammy.....STOP!

“Minho, calm down, you worry to much. Seo's fine.....” I said out loud. that’s right...she'd be fine- I turned around sharply, and ran back to where I just left her. Dammit Minho! She's going to be annoyed with your worrying!

I stopped dead in my tracks, when I saw Seo's body laying on the sidewalk where I had left her. Fear consumed me, what could I do?

“SEO YEON!” I ran up to her, and immediately picked up her head to look for blood. Slight relief fell over me, when I saw that she just fainted. “Seo? Seo can you hear me?” I patted her cheek, but her limp body just laid in my arms. I grimaced when I lifted her, not out not being strong....but by the fact that she was as light as air. Something was wrong....and it wasn't just a cold.

I brought Seo Yeon back to her family's apartment, and was surprised to find Dae Jun -The oldest child- standing in the middle of the kitchen.

“Minho..?” He looked a bit shocked to see me, since I rarely visited their small home. Quickly laying Seo Yeon on the beat up couch in front of the old T.V, I looked at Dae Jun with an emotionless expression.

“Whats wrong with her? She said she was fine....” I started, slight guilt in my voice, “But when I ran back to make sure- she was on the ground. She fainted.” I glanced at Dae Jun looking for answers, but he was too busy staring at his passed out sister.

“She...she never was like this! She told me it was always due to school...” He looked at me, and I frowned.

“We barely have work-”

“Call an ambulance, Minho. Seo Yeon had always been weak...but I think things finally caught up with her. Look at her! She's out cold!” He called out her name a few times, and lightly patted her cheek. I got up and found the phone, quickly calling for an ambulance. I listened to the rings as I looked at Dae Jun. From what I had remember Seo telling me, Dae Jun was 3 year older than her. He was gifted in school, and while his grades were more than academically acceptable he really excelled in sports. Soccer and basketball expecially. After their father's business went into fraud (the reason for this small apartment), Dae Jun choose to digress from attending his dream sport college. He had to start taking up two mediocre part time jobs, and joining a local soccer team. Seo Yeon worked her hardest, along with Dae Jun to help create a large enough income, but Dae Jun was barely- if ever- home. Seo Yeon left them after things got a bit better, because she didn't want to burden them....for what I never knew. Only Dae Jun kept in touch- and barely visited.The last part was what was confusing me the most. Why was he at her home....

“Hello, 911 what is your imergancy?” The monotonous voice on the other line asked. My heart started racing again.

“We need an ambulance- I found my girlfriend passed out on the street.” After giving the voice the information on our where abouts, I hung up and went back to Seo and Dae Jun.

“They're coming soon.” I whispered, staring at Seo's peaceful face. Dae Jun nodded, and reached for Seo Yeon's hand.

“I don't know why she didn't tell you....but I guess it makes sense. She didn't like it when our family found out about her....weakness. She tried so hard to help our family get back on our feet, but our sister- Seo Rin- hated Seo Yeon. We never really undstood why, but because of this no one ever contacts Seo Yeon. I try but-”

“Why are you here now, Dae Jun? From what Seo says, you haven't seen her in months.” I stated, tightening my fists. His eyes met mine, and quickly diverted them from my hardening stare.

“I came to ask her how she was feeling. I got back on my feet, and am making more money. I want her to come back, now that Seo Rin isn't at home anymore. You know just as much as I do...that she was finally able to debut. Plus, my father wants to see her.” He took a deep breath, and stood up. “I don't want her to be in a bad enviornment anymore.” He finally said, and I stood up, overpowering him with my height.

“Its not up to me, but I htink that Seo shouldn't go back there. She talks about how it was hell...and I think if there is something wrong with her- I want to be the one to fix it. I'm her new family.” Dae Jun winced like he had just taken a blow to the stomach.

“Minho...”

“But I will make a deal with you,” I held out my hand to him, and he looked at it, then back to me. “When we figure out whats wrong, we're going to work together to make Seo Yeon's life go from hell...to heaven. What do you say?” I straightened my hand out more, and he hesitantly reached his out as well. When he shook my hand, Dae Jun looked up at me. His face went from scared, to determined.

“Mission: hell to heaven. Fine.”

----------AT THE HOSPITAL-----------

I sat on a bench outside the hospital room Seo was in. My feet were furiously tapping the floor, and I couldn't help but attempt barging into the room several times- each time I failed. Dae Jun had gone to the main floor to call his father, so it was just me...waiting.

It had been what seemed like an eternity before the doctor had finally exited the room. I stood up to face him.

“Dr. Shin-” I stopped when I saw Dr. Shin's expression. It seemed tired, but there was also pity in it. He fished through his white coat pockets, and pulled out a pen.

“Are you with Miss Moon?” I nodded, slightly comforted by his monotone voice. His seriousness fell, and he walked up to me. He patted my shoulder. “Son, I....Miss Moon had been struggling with breathing problems, weakness in the bones and muscles, for some time now. She is aparently a regular here....but this fainting spell was like a fed flag for what we had been searching for. Do you understand where I'm getting at?” He asked me, flipping through his notes. I shook my head. What was he talking about? Was she hurt? Was fainting NORMAL?

“Minho! I just called my father- oh are you Seo Yeon's doctor?” Mr. Shin and I turned to see Dae Jun run up to us. He smiled, and held out his hand to Mr. Shin. He didn't know that there could be somethign wrong.

“Dae Jun....”

“Are you also here for Miss Moon? Well good then, I might as well say it now. I don't like to repeat bad news.” Bad news?

“What do you mean... this isn't just another fainting spell or weakness overdose?” Dae Jun asked, his smile fading. Mr. Shin shook his head.

“I'm sorry to be the one to have to tell you two this, but, I'm afraid that these weakness and fainting spells....are just side effects of Miss Moon's.....Cancer.”

In those next few seconds:

I felt time stop.

I felt my heart beat speed up.

I felt the vibration of Dae Jun's knees hitting hte floor in dispair.

I felt my the tears stream down my cheeks.

I felt....like there was nothing I could do.

I was obsolete.

“I'm afraid Miss Shin only has....about 30 days to live, starting March 1st.”

“Thats....tomorrow....” Dae Jun's voice cracked at the shock. I couldn't say anything.

“Thats true, and its true. I'm very sorry that you had to find out so late.” He whispered. “You may go in to see her.” He motioned to the door, and patted my shoulder before passing through us and moving on.

Cancer, 30 days to live, she'll be dead by March 31st

The tears were falling down my cheeks rapidly as I finally found the strength to barge into Seo's room. I stopped as I saw her frail body laying in the bed. Her hands were peacefully laying ontop of her stomach, and her hair was combed nicely. She glanced up at me with her soft brown eyes.

“Minho- ah?” She smiled, and lifted a hand towards me. I saw it shaking, and I took two strides up to her. Lightly taking her hand in mine, I moved it so it was cupping my cheek.

I felt like a little child, as I cried into her hand. She watched me, and sighed.

“Seo, why didn't you tell me before? I could've found out sooner. I could have paid for kemo therapy...I could've done so much.” I whispered, leaning in so I was closer to her. She shook her head and gave me a reassuring smile.

“I didn't want you to have a burden on your shoulders. What kind of girlfriend would I be? I don't want you worrying about me, Minho.” She said, her voice still hoarse from fainting. I looked into her eyes and frowned.

“You're wrong, Seo. I worry about you everyday. Because I love you too much. Now...knowing you wont make it to April....”

“Its okay, Minho-ah! Don't worry about the future. Just please promise me one thing, okay?” She tilted her head, and smiled. Her smile was the one I fell head over heels for, and knowing that soon I would never see it again, made my body shake. I nodded. “Promise me, that you'll make the next 30 days, the best ones of my life?”

“Seo, I promise....I promise.” My voice slowly trailed off into a whisper. I felt my lips tremble as I laid my head down next to hers, and slowly fell asleep. The tears continualy falling as I did so.

So how was it? I didn't have practice for my sport today, so I thought WHY NOT WRITE!!! I hope you guys have been looking forward to this as much as I have, and I'll try to write as often as possible. But it is still fun to have to wait right? THE ANTICIPATION CAN GROW THAT WAY! Lol so I hope you enjoyed it, and as always...

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! I WANNA KNOW WHAT YOUT THINK!!!

Also if you were confused on anything, feel free to PM me on my wall! I will glady explain- but ofcourse a lot of questions will be answered in later chapters...hopefully XDD

thanks again!