Innocent Flower

Innocent Flower

He was the senior in school, the kingka at day and the bad boy at night. Even though he weren’t old enough to go to clubs and to drink he would be able to slip inside either way. The only reason to that was because his father owned this huge company, a company that his dad wanted him to take over in the future, something that he had no plans on doing.

He wanted to be free; he wanted to be able to travel the world without any obstacles. He didn’t want to commit himself to just one thing. He was a free spirit who did what he wanted; rules were just for the boring ones.

Something that he knew had taken a toll on his father. That old man was not happy that his son was spending so much time at various nightclubs, getting drunk and what else more. His father wanted him to focus on school. He himself couldn’t understand why, the company was worth so much money that if they sold it, they would get billions of billions won. He wouldn’t need to work.

But that day, the one when his father told him to come to his office, he knew that something was up. His father would never allow him to step inside that room otherwise he had something important to announce. So of course it made him anxious and actually a bit scared.

He had heard about those kids who got sent overseas to study, to get a new perspective in life and learn to take responsibility. But he didn’t want any of that; he liked his life as it was. He loved the fact that all girls were trying to get him. Though, sometimes he could find it a bit bothersome, but on the other hand. It made the game more fun, especially to see the reactions on the girls he dumped the day after.

He had never had a steady relationship. He didn’t want to commit himself to just one person. Why would he when there was more fun to have varieties, to be able to change each day like everyone else’s changes underwear. To tell the truth, he easily grew tired of the girl. So it was easier to just dump them, it was less painful, for both of them. She wouldn’t have fallen so hard and he wouldn’t need to listen to her complaints.

But that day, it would forever change his perspective with life.

His father had appointed for him to meet up with a person who would help him with his studies. His grades were not good and if it continued like that he wouldn’t get into a university. Hoya couldn’t understand why his grades were so important; his father could pay the university into taking him in. He more than knew that bribes were pretty common in today’s society. Everyone wanted money, and those who already had, always wanted more. Today’s humans were greedy.

But he didn’t turn up on the appointed time.

He had other things to do, like check out the latest fashion at the trendiest stores in Seoul. In order to look good he needed those times to himself. Indeed, he was a boy, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t take care of his appearance. That was after all the one thing he lived on. Those free drinks, those girls. He wouldn’t get all those things if it weren’t for his good looks.

That day, when he got home he found his father sitting in the kitchen, waiting. He knew for a fact that his father was not happy. The aura that met him in the door made him cringe. He had once again screwed up. That day, he had gotten to hear all the swear words his father had in his vocabulary. He couldn’t remember that he’d ever seen his father so angry and upset before. And the fact that he himself had gotten scared said something. He would never get scared usually. Not even around his father. But that day, he knew that if he didn’t snap up and do what his father said, then he was truly done for it. He would be sent overseas, and that was a big fat no. He wouldn’t be able to survive without all the things he always did – had.

The fallowing day he involuntarily stayed home, that stupid teacher of his would come. There had been a low knock on the door, he just wanted this over with right away so he grabbed the door handle and slung the door open. He stared at the girl before him. She stared back at him with those big brown eyes of hers. She had suddenly opened and with a stuttering voice asked him if this was the ‘Lee’ household. Apparently she was going to teach someone named Hoya.

With a light hint of disgust in his voice he replied that he was Hoya, she had blinked her eyes rapidly at his statement, and she couldn’t believe that the person all her friends had warned her for was standing just a meter away.

Her friends had told her to never get near Lee Howon, or Hoya as he was called by the whole school. But there was a reason to why, he was a player. And everyone knew of that. She asked herself why she hadn’t looked up who she was going to teach. If she’d known that it was Hoya then she would’ve never turned up at his doorstep.

She had gotten a bit startled when a loud man’s voice boomed on the other side of the door, the person told Hoya to let her in. Without thinking much she stepped inside the marvelous house. It was much bigger and greater looking then hers. Her parents worked their asses of in order to get a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Though, she had been so busy with taking in the surroundings that she hadn’t heard when Hoya called for her. It weren’t until she felt something around her wrist that she snapped out of her trance and looked in his direction. He’d been standing dangerously close to her.

Oblivious to the situation she fallowed after him up the staircase, before stepping inside a room. She had uneasily glanced around until Hoya had told her to sit down. He couldn’t understand how someone like her could just step inside his room like that. Was she so gullible that she didn’t know who he was?

After that she had placed herself down he had dumped a huge pile in front of her, that pile consisted of numerous of homework’s that he hadn’t done. She had looked from the pile to him and then down back at the pile before asking him what he wanted her to do with it. Bluntly he told her to do them all. She hadn’t understood what he meant by that, that was until Hoya explained further. That she was supposed to finish his pile of homework.

She had objected.

Her work was to teach him, not to do his homework. But after that she thought about what her friends had said, about what he could do to her if his will weren’t fallowed. So without further ado she had started, only to a few hours later be done with half of the pile. She had been exhausted, but didn’t dare say anything when she saw that Hoya was sleeping in his bed. She disliked him already. How could someone be so full of himself?

Though, the stupidest thing she did that day was to wake him up. Her heart had made a triple jump when he suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her down onto the bed. She had asked Hoya what he was doing, but the only thing she earned was a smirk. Luckily, she had freed herself from him after that she had kneeled him where it hurts. She had darted out of there with his swearing booming from behind.

Yerin had never been so relieved to leave someone’s home. And she had promised herself to never return to that playboy’s house ever again. And even though they were attending the same school she weren’t that bothered, because he would never come up to her, either alone want to be seen around her. He was the school’s kingka, and she was the school nerd. But it never bothered her that all the students found her to be a nerd, because she didn’t attend school to get a boyfriend. What she wanted was good grades so she could get a good job and be able to live freely.

But one day, about two weeks after she’d been at Hoya’s place she got a phone call from none other than his father, the one that had hired her in the first place. He told her that he wanted to meet up because he had something important that he wanted to talk about.

She had been a bit hesitant at first, but after thinking for a while she agreed, it was after all Hoya’s father she was going to met up with. Not Hoya himself.

Though, she clearly understood what he wanted when he showed a bunch of money in front of her face. He told her that it was more to get if she could stay and teach Hoya. It was tempting, she needed the money. Her family needed the money. But it still didn’t feel fair. She declined, she didn’t want more money than she deserved. Though, out of the blue she agreed to come back.

So the next fallowing day she was yet again back at his house. And just like the other time he wanted her to finish his homework, while he himself ate, played video games or slept. He did everything else but help her out.

Hoya couldn’t understand her, why did she put up with him pushing her around, ordering her to do his homework’s. Plus, he had noticed that she weren’t like the other girls at school, she didn’t throw herself at him. She didn’t want to sleep with him like those girls at the club wanted. No, Yerin just wanted to be left alone.

At one point, he had gotten so angry and furious at her because of the fact that she didn’t defend herself, that she allowed herself to be pushed around that he yelled at her. Afterwards he felt bad about it. The girl was probably so innocent and gullible that she didn’t even know what to do.

Slowly she stared to open up, bit by bit. She thought that Hoya wasn’t as bad as everyone said he was. It was just a matter of taking your time to speak with him, and then he was actually rather funny to be around. He would tell jokes and laugh. But he also had a downside. He was still going out at nights, sometimes totally forgetting that they were supposed to meet up. She noticed that the longer the time went on without her seeing him, the more her heart hurt. She couldn’t understand why though. She didn’t have any heart problems, not that she knew of.

After two month’s time Hoya no longer needed any help. His grades had improved massively and he was now one of the better students at school. Yerin did no longer have a reason to stay by Hoya’s side. Maybe that was for the better. She didn’t want to help him at first either how, but she couldn’t hide the fact that she sometimes missed him. He didn’t treat her like the girls he usually would hang out with. No, he actually found someone to talk to in Yerin, because she would actually listen. Those other girls only wanted to get him bed.

Every time Yerin would see Hoya around a girl she felt that feeling inside her heart. It was indescribable, because it was the worst pain she’d ever felt in her entire life. Though, she didn’t dare to tell anyone. Her friends would probably freak out and think that something was wrong with her.

Hoya knew that something had changed within; he no longer thought it was fun to be around all those girls that only wanted one thing. If he were to object they would just move on to the next target. No one would listen if he were to say something, not even his father because he was too occupied with the company. And his mother had died a long time ago. Not even his friends would listen, they would only brush it off and tell him to go out and meet some girls then everything would solve itself.

But what if it didn’t.

The only person that had been listening to him talk was Yerin. She had never objected or pulled away when he opened his big fat mouth to speak. On the other hand, she hadn’t said much back, only nodded her head once in a while.

He needed a plan, a plan that would bring her back. Though the only thing he could think of was to lower his grades. His dad would be out of the world pissed, but he could take that as long as Yerin came back. She was the only one who could deal with listening to him speak without interfering. If he got someone who could listen then his life would go back to normal. He would be able to meet up with girls without having to pour all his problems over them, because then they would leave.

So that’s what he did. His grades slowly began to drop. His friends and teachers were starting to wonder if something was up. But whenever he tried to talk about what was bothering him, they all left. No one wanted to deal with someone else’s problems. It was just bothersome.

It even reached a point where he started to doubt his reasons to live. He had no dreams, nothing he really wanted to do in the future, and he simply had no goals. He was moving into a state of depression. To go clubbing were no longer fun, being around girls was just bothersome and his friends didn’t even care.

Days had passed by and Yerin hadn’t seen Hoya at school for days. At first she just let it pass but after a while it started to trouble her. She had noticed that he hadn’t been his usual self during school. He had pushed away girls who tried to kiss him, something that had made her somewhat relieved, but also worried. She began to wonder whether something was wrong with him. During her two years at the school she had never seen him like this. But Hoya was not her problem anymore. Her tuition time with him was over several weeks ago.

It didn’t take long before Yerin’s friends started to ask if something was bothering her, they had told her that she was acting weird. They wondered where that happy and carefree Yerin had disappeared to. She didn’t know either. She couldn’t explain why she felt depressed all the time, but she knew that it had something to do with Hoya. But even though she wanted to ask him why he always so gloomy looking now days and why he no longer turned up at school, she couldn’t.

She didn’t want to make a fool out of herself by turning up at his doorstep just to ask how he was. It wasn’t like their relationship with each other had been so good that she could just pop-up on his doorstep. No, she wanted an excuse to see him, because if he asked why she was there then she could use that.

But she had no excuse.

That was until his father’s ID showed up on her phone; with a pounding heart she had eagerly answered, only to been told that Hoya needed more help. His grades had apparently dropped again, but this time lower than before she helped him. She had without hesitating agreed to help him, because now she had an excuse to see him.

Later that day she was standing on the Lee family’s doorstep, knocking on the door. Hoya couldn’t believe his eyes when he harshly slung the door open. He had never expected to see Yerin standing there, her eyes glistering in the descending sunlight.

They stared at each other, the awkwardness building up and creating a wall between them. Hoya broke the silence by asking her what she was doing there. Yerin told him, that his father had wanted her to help him out with the studies once before since his grades had dropped so massively. That’s when it snapped for him. All his father cared about was his grades, how he was supposed to enter a good university so that he could take over the company.

But he didn’t want any of that, what he wanted was a person who could understand him. Help him through the pain that was building up inside of him.

He swiftly grabbed her wrist and pulled her inside. Anger was boiling inside of him, and she winched slightly when he pushed her backwards, her back slamming against the door. She was starting to grow a bit afraid at Hoya’s sudden change. She couldn’t understand why he was acting like this.

There was a few seconds of intense staring before Hoya finally let go and Yerin slipped away from him. Her heart was thumping like crazy, though she didn’t know what had caused it to be like that. It was just Hoya, her friend. She had jumped startled when he suddenly let out a groan. Maybe he was mad over that she was there.

He left her standing there in the hallway. She didn’t know what to do, leave or stay. And where was Hoya’s father? Wasn’t he supposed to be there as well? She had hesitantly fallowed after Hoya as he made his way towards the kitchen, where he had been heading before she’d knocked on the door.

He grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and as he was gulping down the cold liquid he heard how Yerin asked him if she was his friend. The question came as such a surprise that he choked on the water. Did she just ask him whether he was seeing her as a friend? To be honest, he had never thought about her as anything more than just his ‘teacher’. Neither less had he found himself answering yes to her question. He didn’t know why though, out of curiosity maybe.

She had been relieved when Hoya answered yes to her question. If he saw himself as a friend of hers then maybe he could help her with the small problem she had with her heart. Hoya couldn’t believe his ears when she said that her heart hurt all the time. Worriedly he asked her how long she’d felt that and she uneasily replied that it had been like that for months.

He was now beyond worried. But he found himself asking a rather stupid question, whatever it started before or after she’d meet him. Bluntly she’d answered after. A smirk began to form on his lips as he placed the bottle of water down on the counter before he strode up to her. She didn’t know what he was doing but decided to wait before asking.

“Does it hurt when I do this?” he leaned closer to her face; she blinks her eyes rapidly a few times before nodding her head. Hoya already knew what her problem was, yet he couldn’t understand why she herself didn’t. Yerin’s heart was frenetically drumming inside her ribcage and the feeling only worsen when she felt Hoya’s lips pressing against hers.

Hesitantly she carefully slipped her arms around his neck while closing her eyes. She could feel how his lips were moving along with hers, though she got a bit frightened when she felt Hoya’s tongue pressing against her lips. She had never kissed a guy before and didn’t know what to do. She could feel how her cheeks began to heat when Hoya murmured that she should part her lips. And so she did.

His tongue gently graced hers, enveloping it as his hands moved down to her waist. That unknown, yet amazing feeling once again entered her heart, and she finally understood. Out of breath they pulled apart. Hoya was smirking whilst Yerin were blushing like mad. She couldn’t believe that she went beyond the limit of what her friends told her to. She glanced up at him, but without meeting his gaze. She was still embarrassed about the heated situation that happened just moments ago. That was before he asked her. “Since you are my friend, you need to tell me who causes you to feel like this.” there was an underlying tone in his voice. She had heard it so many times before, in movies and dramas. It was the tone of someone that was jealous.

“You.”

~~

Happy Valentin's Day ^^ I honestly don't know what to think about this one shot. Is it good enough?