E n D .

Transparent . { Two Shot. }

 



I dropped my fork onto the table and got up. Jiyong seemed tense after the confession and his mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. He didn’t reply back with an answer. He just stood there a bit shocked. “I have to leave now, I can’t stand eating anymore.” I murmured though I only had probably a few teaspoons of food. I blinked, my face void of emotion as I usually was due to lack of expression and I walked out of the store. I forgot how much Jiyong had bought off the menu and casually walked back in putting part of the bill’s money on the table, shortly walking back out and heading home. “I like you too.” I stopped in my tracks. Jiyong’s words lingered in the air when he followed after me. But I wasn’t satisfied with those words he said. I thought he was lying, only feeling sympathy for someone normal like me. And I was mostly right. We both went our ways back to our regular business and when he came home, he was just another roommate, my best friend and nothing else. We acted like none of that ever happened, and I was okay with that, because I knew how much he wouldn’t be happy settling for someone low like me.

I was sitting on the couch watching a k-drama snuggled in my soft plush blanket. Small little kawaii looking seals was the theme of the blanket, and Jiyong had given it to me as a gift a while ago. The blanket was rather large and took up the whole couch when I spread out. I held onto a small bowl of popcorn, but I didn’t eat any of it. It was more for the atmosphere. “What are you doing, there’s someone in that room.” I told the tv with a quiet monotone voice. I took a piece of popcorn and was about to put it in my mouth until I realized that my hard work of trying to stay thin wouldn’t pay off. I placed the bowl onto the coffee table and hugged my knees, eyes focused on the show. Jiyong walked over and sat on the couch, taking a part of the blanket and putting it over his legs. He sat criss-crossed on the other end of the furniture. “Are you going to come tomorrow? You’ll see the rest of my groupmates.” Jiyong said watching the tv. I shrugged. “I don’t want to bother you guys.” Jiyong cracked a smile. “Come on, you’ve gotta come. They’re all dying to meet you.” I nodded my head agreeing that I’d go with him. He then went into the kitchen to pick up a small to go bag on the marble counter. He plopped it onto my lap. “Just please eat a little bit.” he pleaded. He didn’t say one bit about my confession. I knew it. He just wanted to let it slide. And I let it slide as well. I opened the to go box and found it was a few leftovers from what I had not eaten earlier. A fruit tart was cutely wrapped with a bow and sprinkled with gold colored sugar specks. I set it aside and tried to pay attention to the drama.

~~~

I put on a pair of black skinny jeans though I kept doubting myself that I couldn’t pull it off. And I was right but too lazy to pick out something else to wear. I wore a long loosely fitted grey scale striped long sleeve that went to my knees, and I put on my non prescription black glasses. I took a deep breath and let out a long heavy sigh tying on combat boots and awkwardly walking to the front door where Jiyong was. I looked down and scratched my head trying not to meet eyes with him. His eyes began to peruse about my outfit. He took my hand and pushed me out the door. “You look fine, stop worrying, lets go!” I stumbled a bit as I walked, my head drooped down. I held onto my left arm with my right hand nervously taking steps following Jiyong. What if his group mates didn’t like me? What if they thought how weird it was Jiyong chose a chubby girl like me as a best friend?

He opened the door letting me into the dance studio first, and it was then I finally lifted my head up. Right before my eyes were four other guys greeting me. They were all so handsome and charismatic looking. The maknae of the group introduced himself and squeezed me tightly. “I’m Seungri !” he shouted happily. His eye circles suited him well and reminded me of a panda. A tall blonde and burly man shook my hand. His smile was golden. “Hi, I’m Daesung !” I gave a small smile trying not to give a full one in fear my habit of not being photogenic would show. A guy with spiked black hair and an eye smile simply gave a curt nod. “Taeyang.” he said bashfully before going off to the other side of the dance room with Seungri murmuring about something. The last one was fairly tall. His facial structure was well built and his hair was of a bright blue teal hue. “You can call me Top.” he said in his manly voice. He shook my hand slowly and squinted his eyes a little bit nearing his face towards mine. He began to tilt his head looking at me and shrugged it off going off with Daesung. I sat on the side watching them rehearse and dance. They were all truly talented and I envied that immensely.

After about an hour or so of them constantly practicing their singing and dancing, they all took a short water break. Seungri took the initiative to sit next to me, along with the other guys sitting near me. Jiyong pushed Seungri out of the way and sat beside me resting his head on my shoulder jaded and exhausted. He drank down half of his bottle of water and dabbed a towel around his neck to absorb the sweat on his forehead. “You’re really pretty!” Seungri blurted out trying to sit back next to me. Taeyang solemnly nodded slightly in agreement giving a smile. “If you wore more girlier clothing, you’d look even better, you should try!” Seungri continued. I shook my head and laughed lightly. “N-no, I wouldn’t. I really don’t think so, it’d just make me more ugly and show my fat. I’m really self conscious.” “No, but it’s what makes you so cute! I bet you could pull it off, you should do it sometime.” Daesung added in. “Stop being so nice guys. If a majority of my school considers me a normal, average girl then you guys should think that too.” I stated. Jiyong still rested his head on my shoulder unmoved. He didn’t say a word and stared straight at the wall on the other side of the room, spaced out like I usually was. I tried to get his attention by waving my hand in front of his face. “Um... Jiyong?” He blinked back into reality and got up. “I’m gonna get something to eat.” I giggled. “You’re always hungry.” I mumbled. “I know haha.” Daesung, Seungri and Taeyang trailed behind him as the door swung open and then closed leaving me and Top alone. I held onto my stomach wincing at a bit of pain and fatigue from not eating for the past day or so. The fruit tart Jiyong asked me to eat was thrown away in the trash outside of our house leaving no evidence that I was the culprit in action. Top scooted closer to me and took out a small picture inside of his wallet. He handed it to me. It was a boy, with the same face of Top but a much more heft version. I gave a befuddled look at why he gave me the picture. I gave it back to him and he put it back into his wallet. “That was me when I was younger.” he replied. I gave a small nod and let my chin sit on my knees as I sat my legs bent close to my chest. I was amazed at how much weight he had shaved off compared to the picture. “How did you do it?” Top turned his head to me. “Easy. Determination and exercise.” I puckered my lips and played with my fingers. A tear drop came out from my eye. He wiped it with his finger and gave me a small hug, and I gave a airy laugh. “I’ve tried Top-ssi. I’ve really tried everything.” I silently said. He continued to hug me, his huge body towering over me as if he were more of shielding me rather than hugging me. “And I’ve tried what you are trying right now. Starving yourself doesn’t work dear. Trust me. You’re beautiful just the way you are. It’s also what’s on the inside that counts.” “No, stop engulfing me with such a lie, I’m never beautiful.” I said with the same transparent, monotone voice I spoke in everyday of my life. Every moment.

The guys always poked fun with me while I was at the studio. Seungri would go off chasing Taeyang and hide behind me sometimes, and Taeyang would come to me shyly and make small talk. I sincerely liked them all, they were all so sweet. Daesung would always try to catch a conversation with me while they were on breaks and we talked about the most random things at times I even thought me and Jiyong would never talk about perhaps because it was girly or just not thought up of yet. I stayed more closely to Top as I felt most comfortable with him and we talked really casually and laughed like old friends. My laugh was quite frail and weak compared to his taking in the fact I had not eaten but I tried my best to not show any sense of exhaustion slowly building up inside of me.

I excused myself to use the restroom feeling a bit lightheaded. I headed to the bathroom with small steps trying to keep my balance. I held onto the sink and looked in the mirror. The walls of the bathroom were painted a dark fuschia shade and the stalls of the bathrooms weren’t really stalls but actual tall doors acting as personal toilet rooms. A small glass filled with waters had a pretty cherry blossom flower in it. My complexion had become much more paler. But that’s what I wanted after all, to be pale like the models in Korea. I splashed water onto my face feeling a bit more refreshed. Jiyong didn’t talk too much today. But maybe it was because I was a bit too busy getting to know the other guys. I shrugged and headed back to where they were. As my hand began to push on the handle of the door, it swung open, making my hand miss by an inch. I took a huge clumsy step and slipped from the suddenness only to be caught in someone’s arms. It was Top. He laughed and helped me up dusting my shoulders off. “Sorry, I was just about to go outside to look for you haha, I didn’t know you were using the restroom.” “It’s alright, thank you.” I sat down where the the whole gang was sitting. They were all chatting on about girls and all of those things I wasn’t interested in, but I still listened attentively. Daesung pointed at me. “Dongsaeng, who do you like? We want to know more about you. ” I glanced over to Jiyong with my cloudy transparent looking expression I had on all the time and he looked away. It was easy enough for me to tell he didn’t want to hear any of this based on his body language. He had on half of a frown but only enough to tell if he were distraught if you knew him for an eternity. And this, I knew very well about him. “Okay, okay, taking out the fact that you’re best friends with Jiyong and all, who would you like the best?” Seungri then butted in. “It’s me right? It’s gotta be me!” he insisted. Top put his arm around my shoulder playfully. “Nope, she’d prefer me.” Top said sticking his tongue out. Jiyong gave a small growl and tugged me from where I was into his embrace, and expression of annoyance written all over his face. All the members were taken aback at the snappiness of the always seemingly cool, calm and collected leader. He held onto my hand tightly. “She doesn’t like any of you! She likes me, and only me!” he yelled. Jiyong pulled me closer and planted a quick kiss on my lips. My eyes widened in complete astonishment. “Don’t you dare touch her, she’s mine! And don’t go on off telling her to wear girly clothing or whatever! She looks perfectly fine with what she wears now, and she’s unique that way!” he exclaimed in vexation. Jiyong barged out of the place pulling me with him. “O-oppa, what are you doing?” I asked dumbstruck. “We’re going on a date to make this official! The nerve people have to just flirt with you, ugh!” he said loudly, making sure everyone in the building could hear his disgruntled tone. “I love you __! I love you! So stop comparing yourself to all those other girls in the world, you are you and you are the only person that makes my heart stop!”
 
//~~~//
 
--
HAI GUYS. I MADE A SECOND CHAPTER LOOOOLLL. SO IT'S A TWO SHOT OMFG HAHA OHKAI OHKAI OHKAI. I ACTUALLY WROTE MORE THAN I EXPECTED C: IDK. I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT. ; w; brb gonna change the title from one shot to two shot orz//// LOOL. OTL.