Thirty-two

Smooch Me Under the Table


[Hae Young POV]


"Are you serious?" I muttered, throwing Kai's clothes off the bed. He had left with Sae Lee, upon my insistance. I didn't want to join them because I had an important phone call to make. I laid down, phone in my hand, determined to call Yunho after seeing 23 missed calls from him. Two tantrums, four drinks of water, three times throwing my phone on the floor and ten minutes later, I still laid on my bed, racking my brain on how to call Yunho.
There was a knock on the hotel door, and I immediately shot up from bed. I rushed to the main door, and tried to yank the door open, falling over in the process. After taking a deep breath, I calmly turned the lock and opened the door, only to find a infuriated Yunho standing in front of me. My breath hitched, and I was left speechless.

"What the is wrong with you?!" He yelled, shoving his way inside the room, and slamming the door behind him.

"Yunho-"

"Is it that bad, Hae Young? What the hell. I made one mistake, I'm sorry that I cheated on you. That was once! But, you left me, looking like an idiot at our ing wedding!" He walked towards, and I instinctively backed up, cursing myself to let Kai leave with his fan for a day. I searched my brain for anything useful to say that would calm him down. I slowly sat down on the bed and gestured for Yunho to sit down with me.

"Look. I'm sorry. I couldn't get married to you! I love Jongin, and you know that." I said desperately.

"We're already married! And who the hell--"

"Kai." I cleared my throat, momentarily forgetting Yunho wouldn't know Kai's real name.

"It doesn't matter. What I know is that you've humiliated me in front of all my business associates. Don't forget, Hae Young, that I'm still the owner of half your damn company." Yunho spoke, moving closer to me at the edge of the bed.

"You don't own anything until we're married," I stood up abrubtly. "And you can't force me to marry you."

"Hae Young, we're already married. It's just not official yet. And I'm going to make sure it is." Yunho replied, standing up as well. My father's company was in control of no one right now. I couldn't move the assets even if I wanted to, the contract was that Yunho and I get married, then only can anything be done. I was helpless; Yunho was right. But, there was no way I would leave Kai to go with him.

"I can't marry you," I muttered more to myself than to him.

"What about the five years we spent dating? All those times? You forgot everything once you picked up a boytoy off the streets?" I cringed at Yunho's tone.

"You don't get to talk like that," I said, despite knowing it was no use to argue with him.

"What happened to the love that was between us?" Yunho stepped closer. "Are you sure you don't love me anymore?" He leaned down near my ear, planting a soft kiss.

I tore away from him, making sure to back up a good ten feet.

"Yunho--please stop."

"Why? Are you afraid you'll fall for me again? I love you, Hae Young," He walked closer, putting his arms around my shoulders. I breathed in his familiar scent that I had known for years and woken up next to countless times. He pulled me into his arms, and I let him hug me, my arms laying by my side with no use. Silence enveloped the room, neither of us bothering to speak. Yunho pulled away from me, and cupped my cheeks in his warm hands.

"I love you," He repeated as he leaned in. I closed my eyes, and felt his soft lips brush against mine. Not feeling resistance, he took my arms and hooked it around his neck. He turned us around, and starting walking me backwards towards the bed. When the edge of the bed, hit the back of my knees, that’s when I finally realized what the hell I was doing. Pulling away from Yunho, I stood up.

“I’m sorry.”

You don’t have to love him, Hae Young. We can go back to the way we were. Our lives were perfect, you had even had plans on how many kids we were going to have. Don’t throw it all away. Let’s get married--”

“I love--”

“No, you don’t! He’s an idol. He’ll never have time for you, plus hes nineteen for God’s sake Hae Young!” I casted my eyes down, hot tears forming in my eyes. Yunho lifted my chin up, and I was greeted with his lips once more, this time kissing my jaw. I shuddered, unable to stop myself from leaning into him more. He kissed my tears that fell as I closed my eyes. Yunho moved his hands down to my waist, my sides up and down, lifting my shirt bit by bit in the process. I couldn’t help crying as a mixture of nostalgia and betrayal washed over my body. Yunho wiped the tears away with the edge of his thumbs.

“It’s okay. It’ll be okay,” He shushed me, moving down to my neck and placing kisses wherever there was visible skin. I moved my head to the side laying it on his shoulder. He leaned down, making me comfortable as he continued to kiss the back of my neck. I couldn't help imagining Kai instead of Yunho, this position, right now with me. 

Abruptly, the door opened, causing Yunho to hardly react while I jumped up from shock. Kai stood there, his jaw dropped with Sae Lee right next to him. My eyes instantly watered again, realizing my mistake. Kai’s face cringed in disgust and it hurt to see him like that. I tried to walk towards him, but Yunho held me back, keeping me firmly by his side.

“Oppa, is that your cousin’s boyfriend?” Sae Lee broke the silence.

“Kai--” I started. He shook his head, walking back out the door, Sae Lee following him closely. I turned back and sat down on the bed, with a heavy heart.

“Hae Young, it’s for the best. We shouldn’t have broken up, that was a mistake. We need to be together. We love each other, let’s continue where we started,” Yunho my back. He called the hotel management and informed that they we would be moving out and returning the keys. I didn’t say anything as Yunho threw all my clothes into my suitcase, disregarding Kai’s clothes which were scattered across the floor.

I stared at my phone the whole time Yunho was driving us back to his penthouse. Just one call Kai, I thought. He can’t misunderstand, we can’t just end like this.