Chapter 18

That's Not My Name

 

I'm absolutely positive that this is Lee Ji-Eun standing right before me. I'm positive. I couldn't muster a sound when she walked into the room. There was a warm smile on her face when her eyes met mine.

She greeted me but I still couldn't say anything, and when the words I'm Lee Ji-Eun came out of it made even worse. What am I supposed to say!? The woman I pretended to be is standing in front of me!

She chuckled while sitting down on my bed. She looked around the room and examined everything. Isn't she angry at me? Shouldn't she be trying to kill me? I cautiously went to the other side of the room just for protection.

"This room is really small" she commented.

I nodded slightly.

"Yenny right?" She asked. I nodded again. She stood up and looked at me carefully and it seems like I was looking at myself. Was this even possible? But I'm still kind of confused, why isn't she yelling at me? Or giving me any dirty looks? Hell! Why is she here and acting like nothing happened!?

She motioned for me to sit next to her and I told her I was fine so she decided to get to the point. "I wondering if you wouldn't mind going out with me for a while, you know just to talk"

"Why me?" I asked, a little too quickly.

She told me that she has a few questions to ask me and that we need to talk. Before I could agree to anything she told me that she would come by tomorrow and we can 'talk'

Before out the door she patted my shoulder and smiled. I tried to return a smile but I couldn't.

~**~

Since I left with Ji-Eun this morning I've been nervous. I couldn't get a blink of sleep last night. Right now we are at some cafe and I'm just trying to avoid making any sort of eye contact with her. "Do you want some coffee?"

I shook my head. "Tea? Water-"

"I'll have some hot chocolate" I muttered.

Left the table and I let out a breath of air. Please let's get this over with! While she was at the counter I could hear the cashier gasping. "Y-you're Lee Ji-Eun!?"

I slowly turned away so I would be facing the window. I hope no one notices how much we look alike.

After the cashier finished freaking out she got an autograph then Ji-Eun came back.

"Sorry about that" she said while sliding in the seat. "That always seems to happen"

She lightly pushed the hot chocolate towards me and I told her thank you.

"So tell me more about you Ms. Yenny"

I quickly tried to sip on my drink only to burn my tongue while trying to avoid her question. she asked me was I okay and I quickly shook it off. The quicker I can answer these questions, the quicker I can leave I reminded myself.

"Let's see...when I was really young my parents died in an accident, so I really don't remember them" I told her. "So basically I was moved to different foster homes"

She froze and her eyes met mine. "What?" I asked.

She just shook her head and took a sip of her coffee. "Wow" she murmured. "How old are you?"

"Seventeen...I turn eighteen next week"

I wonder how old she is? "What about you?"

"Well, I'm twenty two" she smiled. "You must have thought I was older, huh?"

I shook my head, completely lying.  She looks a little older I said to myself.

We were quiet for a while when she asked if I had any siblings. I told her that I didn't and if I did I didn't remember them. But I doubt I have any sisters or brothers.

"Do you any close friends?"

My mind quickly flashed to memories of me and Sohee. I can't begin to explain how much I miss her, I haven't spoken to her in a while. "My best friend in the entire world, is Sohee" I sighed while telling her all about Sohee.

"Did something happen to her?" She asked with worried eyes.

I explained the situation to her and she listened carefully. When I was finished she told me that I should be happy for and her and one day I'll see her again. Yeah, yeah but I couldn't see her today, tomorrow, the next day or the day after that.

"And there's my friend Mitch" I added. Her eyes widened when I mentioned his name.

"Mitch!"

"I'm sure you don't know him"

Once she noticed how loud she was she cleared then sipped her coffee some more. What is wrong with this lady?

"My parents died in an accident too" she told me while looking down in her cup. "I was five when it happened, and I had a younger sister, too. I remember how small she was and I was so happy when she was born. Then one day, that all was stripped away"

My heart broke as I listened to her story. It's just like mine.

"After the accident we both were spilt up, I never seen her again after that but I did see one important person"

"Who?" I leaned in closer to her, I.really wanted to know.

"Mitch"

I plopped back in my chair, not believing the words that were coming out of . That means...she's my sister? This can't be real. I tried to pinch myself to see is this really reality. How many more surprises will I encounter?

She reached her hand across the table to touch my hand. "Yenny, I'm your sister. When I heard the rumors about Onew I was beyond shocked but then out of this I found my sister"

"How do you know Mitch?" I said, ignoring what she just said.

"I vaguely remember him when I was younger but about five years ago I ran into him and he told me that you were still alive. And that you were moved to another foster home, so he hasn't tracked you down yet"

But Mitch never mentioned anything about me having a sister? Why would he keep this from me? I gulped down the hot chocolate trying to distract myself from what she was saying. It's not possible I told myself. You don't have a sister, you've always been alone. Always.

But...we look just alike. No! There always another person that looks like you, it's just that we look just alike.

I could tell that she wanted to say more but she decided to be quiet and let me think this through. If I was her sister then what? What would happen to me?

"C-can you take me back now" I stammered.

She seemed to be surprised but right now I need to think. On the way back we were both quiet but before I got out she told me she would be back. I don't know if I'm happy about that or not. I just need to get over the shock of having a sister and not any sister. She's Lee Ji-Eun, the person I pretended to be for months.