Chapter 13

That's Not My Name

 

It's been a dreadful long week since I haven't had a chance to speak with Onew. I missed him like crazy! I sat down and counted the number of months been together....hmmm going on four months. (Yeah they're moving a little fast xD) Words can't even describe how amazing my life has been since then. I feel so lucky just because I even know him.

I finished washing the dishes while deep in thought when Sohee came in with a hand full of plates. Suddenly, everything was weird again. I moved over a little while she put the dishes in the sink. We were both quiet and continued to wash dishes. The awkwardness was starting to eat me alive. How in the hell could I suddenly stop speaking to my best friend. I mean yeah, being around Yubin is nice at times but I really miss Sohee.

"Look" I began while I dropped the dish in the sink. "I know I've been an lately and I'm really really really sorry"

"Are you really sorry? I thought we were best friends? How could you just forget about me for *Yubin*" she said, there was a hint of anger in her voice. I don't blame her, if I was her I would be mad at me too.

I was quiet for a moment until I could come up with something. "Weeell, you see I kinda got my self in a little situation with Yubin"

She folded her arms. "What kind of situation?"

Uggh, I'm not supposed to be telling her! But this is Sohee, who is she going to tell?

"She found out about Onew" I blurted out.

Sohee gasped as her hand covered .

"Did she threaten you? Is she going to tell? Did she want you to do something in order to keep her quiet?-"

"No" I mumbled. "I mean yeah...uggh. I don't know, she wants me to help her look for her parents"

She finally calmed down and there was a confused look on her face. Before she could say anything thing I explained the situation to her and the only thing she said was 'ooohhh'. After catching up with Sohee, I hopped in the shower then I decided to text Onew. But every time I would type something I would erase it because I thought it didn't sound right or it was too awkward.

From: Yenny

To: Onew

Back from Japan?

I bit down on my lip when I pressed send. After that I stuffed the phone under my pillow while waiting in bed. A lot of 'what If questions were running through my head. What if he thinks that's a weird question I thought to myself. But why would he think that's a weird question? I replied to myself.

While battling with myself I felt the phone vibrate and I quickly grabbed it.

From: Onew

Just got back last night. I'm so tired and I can't go to sleep ;-;

To: Onew

You’re always so busy, you need to take a break, you know?

Wow, I'm actually giving advice to someone and it sounds nice!

From: Onew

I wish. Where would you go if you had an vacation.

Hmmm. If I could go anywhere in the world, anywhere?

I thought about it for a minute.

To: Onew

Probably, France. I heard it's really nice. Have you ever been?

From: Onew

Once or twice. It's really nice. One day we should go then you can eat all you want.

Lol me and Onew together in France. If only that would happen but things don't work out like that.

To: Onew

That sounds nice, stuffing my face in France. And then everyday I'll be able to see you

When he didn't reply fifteen minutes later I began to get nervous but then I thought about that he must have fallen asleep. Then I snuggled up in my covers thinking back to every moment we shared.

~**~

I searched many of the books looking for something that might help us look for Yubin's parents but I couldn't find anything. I signed and sat down on a pile of papers. Yubin sat down on the opposite side and sighed too. If I'd known it would be this hard I wouldn’t have agreed to this. So far we have found old documents and stuff like that nothing special.

"Can we please just find something?" I said aloud, I was starting to get really irritated.

"Hey did you check those papers under you?" Yubin asked while pointing to the papers.

I shook my head and dug through the papers. When I spotted something brown I quickly picked it up and called Yubin over.

She grabbed the journal and examined it. As she scanned the cover she looked excited. I looked over her shoulder as she read the first page. The first page was about the orphanage, how it started and stuff like that. Some of other pages were about her parent’s excitement how successful the orphanage was. Then they mentioned the very child they received, her name was Suzy. Yubin said that she didn't remember her and that this was before she was born.

Before we could deep into some details, Yubin closed the book.

"Wait!"

"We'll read some more tomorrow, we don't wanna ruin all of the fun" she replied while putting the book in a safe place.

I sat down then groaned. She just has to ruin the fun I grumbled to myself. Yubin took her tongue out at me then grabbed some snacks from her secret place and handed me a bag of chips. My mood suddenly changed as soon as I tore open the bag and munched on the chips. While eating I thought about Sohee and how we always used to eat snacks together. Then I thought about something I needed to ask Yubin.

"Hey" I began. She looked from her chip bag and raised an eyebrow. I didn't exactly know how to say what I wanted to say so I kind of stumbled over my words. "I've been thinking that we should let Sohee help us out.."

She stopped chewing then quickly shook her head. "We can't let everyone know about this...she might go and snitch for all we know"

"She's not like that"

Yubin didn't hear what I had to say so she just said no sternly. I sighed then thought of a great idea. I smirked to myself then popped a chip in my mouth. "If you won’t let Sohee in on it, then I'm done" Before I could see her reaction I got up pretending I was going to leave. When I got to the door she finally agreed through clenched teeth but I didn't care. I quickly turned around and gave her a huge hug and a kiss. 

She pushed me off of her and wiped her face. "Ugh, I don't know where your lips have been"

Then she mumbled something about Onew. My mouth hung open and she just sat there smirking. "It is so on" I said I launched towards her. 

 

--

This chap. seems awkward to me but anyway yep, they're moving pretty fast in this story :)