Does He Really Love Me?

I Love You, So Will You Love Me Back?

Taemin went to Kibum's house the next day at 9 a.m. He asked Jinki to accompany him, because Minho had his soccer practice and even the world turning upside-down, he wouldn’t miss it. Taemin feelt he really needed a companion with him if he is going to learn something from Kibum because Kibum is a ‘you-ask-me-so-you-have-to-obey-me-no-exception’ type. At first, Jinki didn’t want to go, but Taemin promised him Kibum's homemade fried chicken that Jinki loves so much. They went to the grocery store first to buy the ingredients then headed to Kibum's house.

When they have arrived in front of Kibum's house, Taemin poked Jinki’s left arm and pointed to a red Audi parked in front of Kibum’s house, “This car.."
"Why?"
Taemin looked at him, "Jonghyun has this type of car with the same color too..”
“Jonghyun’s here?”
“Why should he? He doesn’t even know Kibum, hyung” Taemin scoffed
"Oh yeah, you're right.."

They rang the bell on Kibum’s front door, 
"Come in, the door's not locked!" They could hear Kibum's voice from the front door then they opened the door, Kibum was walking down the stairs slowly.
"Hyung.. The car in front of your house.." Taemin said after putting the plastic bags on Kibum's kitchen counter.
"Hmm? What happen with the car?" Kibum walked to Taemin's direction, then checking the bags.
"It looks like Jonghyun's. He own that type with same color too.."
"That's my father's..."
"Ooh.."

"It's so rare seeing you without your skinny, Key" Jinki seated himself comfortably on Kibum's dining chair, watching two of his friends busy with the plastic bags.
"Yeah.. Rare isn't it?" Kibum answered lazily, and Taemin started to took out of the plastic bags contents.
"What happen?"
"Nothing. I just don't feel like wearing them.."
"Impossible.. You said you can't live without your skinnies, even inside your own house you'll wear them.."
"My hurts, people. How can I wear skinny?"
"Your ? Are you ting something weird this morning?"
"No. I had a rough last night" Kibum said flatly without even looking at them.
"WHAT????" Taemin and Jinki shouted in unison, eyes wide in horror at Kibum’s direction. That’s not the reaction Kibum thought of.
"You believed that?" Kibum turned his head to face his friends, his eyes became big too.
"Hah?" Jinki’s eyes still opened wide, staring unbelieving at Kibum
"Of course not! You really believe what I said?" Kibum asked, laughing.
"Oh God.. I think you ed with Minho last night.." Jinki huffed and took out his PSP.
"Minho probably loves soccer more than having with me" Kibum joked as he walked closer to Taemin and helped him taking out the plastic bags contents.
“Maybe.. He’s a soccer freak..” Taemin responded.
“You're too good at fooling people, Key" Jinki added.
"Yeah.."
The cooking-class was going smoothly except the part Taemin cut his finger twice. Kibum even praised Taemin for his food. They ate Kibum’s homemade fried chicken and Taemin’s first ever cooking afterwards. 

********************

Sunday came. Taemin was getting nervous in every second. He went to Jonghyun’s apartment at 11 a.m. When he arrived at Jonghyun’s door, he rang the bell, he felt his palms were getting sweaty by just ringing the bell. That was the first time Taemin went to Jonghyun’s apartment.
“Yess…” He heard Jonghyun’s sound behind the door.
Click, the door opened. Taemin found Jonghyun’s smiling face, "Hey, Tae"
"Hei.." Taemin also smiling at him, his heart was beating faster.
"Come in.." He cocked his head and entered his own apartment.

Jonghyun’s apartment was not small at all, it’s spacious. The wall is painted with warm color and match well with every furniture placed there. Although it’s a little messy, but Taemin felt comfortable. He followed Jonghyun who was still on his sweatpants and black tank top to the living room. Jonghyun’s body printed well in the tank top, his bicep was no joke.

"So, what will you make today?"
"Seafood spaghetti, Caesar salad and cream soup. Do you like it?"
"Hey, that's my favorite! How do you know?”
"Really?" Taemin jumped in surprise, ‘Kibum is a psychic’ he thought.
"Yeah. Do you guess it? Then we're match!" Jonghyun laughed.
"Umm.. Yeah.. I guess.." Taemin laughed with him to hide his embarrassment because of Jonghyun’s sentence, he made a mental note to take Kibum shopping after this. 
"My kitchen is that way. I want to take a bath first" Jonghyun pointed at his kitchen’s direction
"Yeah, sure.."
“Just make yourself comfortable, okay” Jonghyun walked towards his bedroom and took a bath.

Taemin was halfway finished his cooking when Jonghyun came out from his room. 
Taemin could hear Jonghyun’s voice after a closing door sound, he was on phone. “Yeah, I know. Bye..”
Jonghyun then came to the kitchen, “Smells good..” He said, smiling and put his phone on the table.
Taemin turned around, “It’s nearly done.. Wait a moment..”
“Yeah, I’ll wait..” Jonghyun flashed his infamous smiling to him, all teeth showing, and then he walked to his living room.

When Taemin nearly finished his cooking, he prepared the plates on Jonghyun’s dining table. He saw Jonghyun’s phone beeping, a new message came. Being curious is something that is natural, right? So, Taemin took a glance to Jonghyun’s phone.

One new message. Because the phone light was on, the wallpaper was showing, a girl was the wallpaper, her face was not clear because she was looking down but Taemin was sure the girl on the phone is beautiful.

‘Is that his girlfriend? I never asked him if he has a girlfriend or not, what if she is his girlfriend? I’m doomed. Maybe I should ask him. But what if he gets mad at me if I ask him that?’ A lot of possibilities were flying on Taemin’s head because of the girl’s picture. A moment later, Taemin snapped back to reality after hearing the boiling soup sound, he pushed the previous thought to the back of his mind and continued to cook. He decided to just ask Jonghyun about the girl.

“Jonghyun hyung, I’m finished!” Taemin shouted a bit, signaling Jonghyun to come. 
Jonghyun came and they sat across each other and started eating, “This is delicious! Really, I'm not lying.." Jonghyun put both of his thumbs up.
"Thanks.." Taemin only smiled, biting his bottom lip.

Taemin decided to ask Jonghyun about the girl, so he brought up the supject first,
“Your phone was beeping just now..” Taemin informed Jonghyun.
“Oh..” Jonghyun immediately stood up and took his phone and read the message, he smiled after reading it.
“Who is it?” Taemin asked, hoping a good answer.
“Hm?” Jonghyun looked up from his phone, “My sister”
“Oh..” Taemin ate his food and cursed himself for thinking about Jonghyun had a girlfriend just now. It must be his sister on his phone screen, he thought. ‘No way Jonghyun act way too nice to me if he already has a girlfriend’ Taemin just realized that.

When they finished eating, both of them cleaned the table and Jonghyun did the dishes. Of course Jonghyun would do the dishes, they were on his house. Taemin was sitting on the dining table, just watching Jonghyun’s back, he waited for Jonghyun to finish the dishes while staring at Jonghyun’s body.

"Tae, aren't your hair a bit longer than it should be?" Jonghyun suddenly spoke, turned his head a little to look at Taemin.
"Huh?"
"I think it's too long for man, isn't it?"
"You think so too?" Taemin made his voice as trustworthy as he could. He always hates the fact that he can’t tell a lie.
“Too?”
"Umm.. I already planned to cut it.." He lied.
"Yeah... If you cut it shorter, I'm sure it'll be better"
“Maybe in this weekend I’ll cut it.. I wanted to but I can’t seem to find a right time”
“You’ll look great if you cut it, believe me!” 
“I will, hyung..” Taemin smiled followed by Jonghyun’s satisfied grin.

***********************

Kibum, Jinki and Minho were relaxing on the pool behind Kibum’s house when Taemin came on 2 p.m (oh yeah 2PM / ^w^ /). He ran a little to Kibum after waving to Jinki who was swimming on the pool. Minho was reading a book and sat beside Kibum.
“Hyuuung!” Taemin sat beside Kibum who was making cocktails.
“Hey, you’ve come!” Jinki shouted from the pool.
Taemin giggled and sat beside Kibum.
“How’s your date yesterday with Jonghyun?” Kibum kept stirring on the liquid after took a glance on Taemin.
“You are my biggest savior hyung! He loves it so much.. He said that is his favorite food!”
“Good then..” Kibum turned around and patted Taemin’s head.
“Wasn’t he just made it up so that you won’t get upset?” Minho suddenly snapped.
Taemin smile immediately turned into a pout,
“Minho, don’t start..” Kibum turned his body to face Minho and told him off, “It’s okay, Minnie. Maybe Minho just get jealous because I haven’t made him my cooking these days..” he said to Taemin, smiling.
“Hey!” Minho shrieked, but he only got a death glare from Kibum in return.
“How do you know it’s his favorite? It’s totally bull’s eye, hyung!” Taemin’s face brightened again.
“I guess it’s luck? Here take one..” Kibum handed Taemin a glass of a blue liquid and give Minho another glass.


The sun was starting to hide its form, Minho and Taemin were still burying themselves on the pool while the other had gotten out, 
"I never see you dancing again, Tae" Minho tried to start a conversation with Taemin.
"I stopped" Taemin said flatly.
"Why?" Minho clearly shocked, as far as he knew, Taemin’s love for dance is as big as his love for soccer.
"Jonghyun didn't like it"
"So?"
"Yeah, he didn't like it so I stopped"
“Why because of him?”
“Why you always complain about Jonghyun?”
“I’m not complaining”
“Yes you are! You always PMS-ing when I talked about Jonghyun”
“I’m not!”
“Whatever, Minho” Taemin got out from the pool also, heading to Kibum who was lying on the bench, leaving Minho in the pool alone.

“Kibum hyung. Want to go with me tonight?” Taemin seated himself beside Kibum.
“Where?”
“I want to cut my hair”
“Oh. I want to go with Minho tonight, but if you want to come with us, it’s okay”
“But, is it okay with Minho?” Kibum could see Taemin was uncomfortable when he said Minho before.
“Why?” Kibum changed his position so he was facing Taemin.
“He looks upset with me”
“Why should he?” 
“I don’t know.. But if I talked about Jonghyun, he will complain at every word I say”
“Don’t worry, Minnie. I’ll talk with him..” Kibum patted Taemin’s shoulder and gave him an assuring smile.



That night Kibum, Minho and Taemin went to the mall as planned. 
“Ah, I want to go to buy something on the third floor. Minnie, can you go to the salon with Minho first? Is it okay?”
“Yeah..” Taemin answered in not-so-okay tone.

Minho and Taemin walked into the salon direction with no word or glance changed between them. 
"Are you sure you want this, Tae?" Minho spoke after Taemin already sat on the chair.
"Yes"
"It's your hair.."
Taemin sighed, "So?"
"You said you love them very much"
"I look like a girl in that"
"You.."
"It's okay, Minho. I know what I want"
"I don't...” Minho paused, “Is this because of Jonghyun?"
Taemin stared at Minho’s eyes for a while, "Not excatly.."
"Then why?"
Taemin’s patience level was nearing the limit, and his words came out harsher than he thought, "You're getting really annoying these days, you know?"
"Sorry" Minho’s voice raised, sure he felt offended.
"I am the one who will do it. Could you please just shut up?"
"Watch your mouth, Taemin" Minho felt angry that time.
"Why don't you go find Kibum? I think I'm better alone here"
"I'm leaving"
"Whatever" 
Minho walked out of the store in rage, he pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialed Kibum’s number.


Fifteen minutes later, Kibum came to the salon with not-so-happy face.
“Tae, what did you say to Minho?” Kibum retorted.
“What?” Taemin tilted his head.
“He called me just now. He said he want to go home soon”
“Maybe I pissed him” Taemin answered honestly.
“Tae, could you two please stop like this? You’re my best friend and he is my boyfriend. I don’t want both of you to be like this”
“But, hyung. He wouldn’t stop complaining to me. Jonghyun this, Jonghyun that. Why he can’t support me?”
“I’ll talk to him, Tae. And you please stop being like that to him, okay?”
“But, he’s the one who always start complaining…”
“I said I’ll talk to him, Tae. Now, he is waiting at the lobby. I’ll wait for you and let’s go home. I don’t want to make him more upset”
When the hairdresser finished Taemin’s hair, Kibum quickly grabbed Taemin’s hand and headed to the cashier. After Taemin paid the bill, two of them immediately walked to the lobby, Minho was sitting, legs crossed and his face looked so unhappy.
“Baby, let’s go home..” Kibum approached him and spoke softly to Minho, “If you don’t feel like driving, I’ll drive”
“It’s okay, Key. C’mon” Minho stood up and grabbed Kibum’s hand then walked out, followed by Taemin.
On the way back to their houses, they didn’t talk anything, only the music that came from the radio kept the atmosphere from death.

Taemin and Minho’s relationship were getting worse after that incident. Although four of them still hang out together, Minho and Taemin wouldn’t talk to each other if it’s not necessary. Jinki and Kibum had tried their best to make Minho and Taemin like before, but Taemin was too stubborn and Minho’s pride was too big. Taemin also spent most of his time with Jonghyun.
It has been almost 2 weeks since Taemin and Minho became like that. Taemin still spoke to Kibum and Jinki like usual, but when they brought up Minho’s name, Taemin would immediately stopped talking and didn’t bother every word they said.

***********************

"Tae, you look chubbier these days.." Jonghyun said when he and Taemin were on the restaurant, having another ‘date’.
"Really?"
"Yeah. Look at your cheeks"
“I haven’t checked my weight these days..”
“Although I find your cheeks cute, but if you don’t keep up a healthy life, you will get sick easily”
“You talk like my umma..” Taemin giggled, “But I will tell my friends to help me on my diet”
“I’ll help you too, cutie..” Jonghyun smiled cutely.
"Thanks, hyungie~" Taemin grinned.

They have gotten a lot closer than before. Jonghyun often asked Taemin to sleep on his place, playing together and shared many stories. Taemin almost couldn't sleep because he's too happy when Jonghyun said he's not into girls. That means Taemin has a big opportunity to get Jonghyun's love, right? And Jonghyun always treated Taemin very well. It's like impossible if Jonghyun didn't love Taemin, at least Taemin thought that way.

********************

Four of them were on the school’s lunch break, eating their lunch together like usual.
"Why don't you eat, Tae?" Jinki asked.
"I'm on diet"
"Diet?" Kibum repeated.
"Jonghyun said I look chubbier"
"Why it is always Jonghyun?" Minho muttered on his breath, not expecting Taemin to hear it.
"What?" Taemin glared at Minho.
"You changed, Tae. Your hair, your clothes, now you want to go on diet because of him.." He continued since Taemin already heard what he said earlier.
"You don't know anything, Minho" Taemin retorted.
"Minho, don't say that. Why can't you just support him?" Kibum tried to stop them.
"But if Jonghyun loves him too, he won't asked Taemin to change for him"
"I don't get bothered by that then why should you? You don't even know him" Taemin screamed.
"It's okay Minnie" Kibum patted Taemin’s head lightly and grabbed Minho’s wrist, "Minho, let's talk.."

Kibum dragged Minho to the school’s garden, and they sat under the tree.
"Minho.. Please understand him.." Kibum started slowly, he interlaced his fingers with Minho's while the other hand rubbed the back of Minho's hand tenderly.
"But, he changes"
"I know, but he's still our best friend"
"Then as a best friend I just want to make him realize that this is not healthy anymore.."
"Why don't you just appreciate his effort?"
"Effort? To change everything because of Jonghyun? "
"He's trying, Minho"
"Does Jonghyun even like him?"
"Who knows?"
"I don't like that Jonghyun guy. He's.."
"Stop. I won't hear anything else.." Kibum cut.
"But, Key.."
"Enough, Minho. I’m tired if both of you keep acting like this" Kibum didn’t even give Minho to say another word, he stood up abruptly and walked inside.

 


 

When Taemin cut his hair, his hair should be like his hairstyle nowadays :)

there's one more chapter left! thanks for reading :)