Graduation

Surviving School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Final chapter

 

Bom buttoned up her shirt. She pulled up her long socks and tied her shoe laces tightly.

She looked at herself in the mirror as she applied a thick layer of rosy red lipstick on her plump lips. She looked at herself in the mirror to see a very happy Bom smiling back.  She pulled the sleeves of her graduation coat and smiled. She never realised how fast time flies or how one school can change her perspective of life.

“BOM! I can’t believe you’re going to graduate from school already!” Minzy cried before she squeezed Bom so tight that Bom was gasping for air. Bom brushed Minzy’s fringe to the side so she could meet her sister’s eyes.

“I told you that I wouldn’t change. I’m still me. The goofy Bom.” Bom grinned.

“No, that’s not true. You have changed. You have changed for the better. You became so admirable and strong. You’re my role model Bommie.” Minzy exclaimed. Bom felt the happy tears forming but she held it in. She didn’t want to look like a clown on her graduation day.

“Thank you Minzy,” Bom whispered. Suddenly she felt sharp manicured nails along her neck. Bom tilted her head to see her mom pulling her hair to the side.

“I’m proud of you Bom. You looked after our family. You worked part-time to help us financially. You studied hard to gain a scholarship and now graduating from the top school!” Her mom expressed her feelings. The compliments kept flying her way today just when she thought she couldn’t be any happier after being chosen for being part of the best couple award. Her mom’s proud words were worth 10 times more since her mom rarely compliments her.

 “I love you guys!” Bom gave her family a big hug.

“And you love me the most.” Seunghyun’s deep voice interrupted the family atmosphere. Bom felt goose bumps jumping on her skin as soon as Seunghyun spoke. His deep voice lured her, enchanted her and making her heart pounce.

Seunghyun stood at her front door with a bunch of red roses in his hands. Seunghyun with his graduation outfit made him look so manly and grown up. Bom took once glance at him and then she couldn’t help but run to his wide arms. Seunghyun wrapped his arms around Bom and the scent of their distinct perfumes mixed together, just like how their hearts became one. Seunghyun pulled Bom’s face up close.

“The roses are for you of course…I didn’t buy roses this time. I wanted to grow my own so these roses are special because they are made with love” Seughyun chuckled.

“Wow I’m so touched Seunghyun! It looks great too! Thank you,” Bom tip toed so she could kiss his ceek as a sign of appreciation. Seunghyun really wanted to kiss Bom on the lips right now but he felt her mother’s glare penetrating his skin.

“Close your eyes,” Seunghyun instructed Bom. Bom let her eyelids close. Seunghyun placed his recent purchase around Bom’s neck. The impatient Bom opened her eyes to see the necklace dangling. Bom noticed the white pearl necklace sparkling in front of her.

“Your graduation gift,”

Bom could feel her tears rolling but Seunghyun quickly took out his handkerchief and dabbed her delicate tears.

“Don’t cry before your graduation photos,” He whispered.

They finally left Bom’s house.

 “Bye mom! Bye Minzy! I’ll see you guys at the graduation ceremony in an hour! Seunghyun hired drivers for you two so don’t bother walking there!” The overly excited Bom informed her family members before getting dragged away by her boyfriend.

“C’mon we can’t be late!” Seunghyun urged Bom.

“I’m trying but I’m walking with heels remember!” Bom snapped at him. Seunghyun then started to slow down for Bom’s sake and carried her off the ground.

“It’s ok Seunghyun. I can walk!” Bom blushed.

“I want to carry you! But next time lay off the corn, you’re a bit heavy!” Seunghyun joked.

Bom playfully slapped Seunghyun chest.

“I’m joking. You’re perfect the way you are. Don’t ever change.”

“I love you Seunghyun…” Bom quietly whispered.

“I love you too Bom.” Seunghyun instantly replied back.

Bom’s jaw fell opened when she saw the helicopter. Last time she was on the helicopter Seunghyun actually kidnapped her. Seunghyun carried her while he trekked past the bickering long grass. He gently placed Bom inside the helicopter unlike last time where his bodyguards dragged her inside.

“Seunghyun, I don’t live that far from school. I think a car would be sufficient,” Bom pointed out.

“Oh no, there’s a reason why we’re inside a helicopter. “ Seunghyun smirked as the helicopter took off and soared in the sky. Soon when they approached to the school, Seunghyun immediately pointed to the window. Bom tilted her head as she was curious to find out what was outside. She looked down to see the school from a bird’s eye view.

From above she recognised the statues, the water foundation, gym, the basketball court, the cafeterias and the isolated chemistry room. Then her eyes diverted to a building she didn’t recognise.

“Oh that’s the new library right?!” Bom squealed.

“It’s finally built. I fulfilled your request and built a library.”

Bom stared down at the school and noticed the barriers to certain areas were not there anymore.

“Where are the barriers and the security guards?” Bom questioned.

“There’s no need for them. From now on, scholarship students have free access to these areas just like the rich kids do,” Seunghyun proudly stated.

“You’re finally making a difference! I’m so proud of you Seunghyun!” Bom jumped up and down, she could not control her excitement bubbling inside of her.

“You’re the reason why these changes occur and I brought you here on this helicopter to show the achievements you have done to the school. “

“Wow, the school looks much friendlier now! Hey look it’s the school captain’s office! I miss terrorising you in that room!” Bom laughed. Seunghyun gave Bom a back hug and smiled happily.

“Yeah that’s where all arguments occurred,” Seunghyun chuckled.

Bom suddenly felt her cheeks burn when she saw the outside swimming pool. On top of the swimming pool were petals, but these petals were shaped into words.

“I love you…” Bom and Seunghyun whispered simultaneously.

“….Seunghyun…was that message for me?” Bom asked.

“Of course. They wouldn’t let me add Bom to the end though.” Seunghyun pouted. Bom stared at Seunghyun and was about to cry because she was so touched. But Seunghyun leaned closer to her face and wiped the tears off before they dribbled down.

“Don’t cry. Not before your graduation photos.” Seunghyun whispered.

‘I never thought you would be a romantic guy type but you have proven me wrong today,” Bom whispered.

Bom wrapped her arms around Seunghyun neck and pulled his face close to hers as they passionately kissed.

The helicopter scared away the leaves as the gust of wind carried the leaves with them. The helicopter softly landed on the school grounds. Seunghyun stepped outside the helicopter first and then helped Bom walked down to the ground. Bom’s heels couldn’t grip the ground but it was ok because she collapsed on the safest place to be on, Seunghyun’s chest.

“Why are you so clumsy?” Seunghyun ruffled Bom’s hair like a dog.

“Hey! Stop messing up my hair!”

“Even though they’re a couple they’re always still fighting,” Dara laughed at the two from the far distance.

 “Bom!” Dara and Chaerin called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter