Issues

Surviving School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

Bom and Jiyong stepped inside the school with confused faces. Bom expected a group of jealous girls approaching her and giving her the usual lecture about taking their beloved Seunghyun away. But not today. There was no one in the front courtyard. Bom and Jiyong shrugged. Perhaps they stopped bullying her?

Bom and Jiyong walked to the school but suddenly they could hear people talking. Bom and Jiyong glanced at each other, something was happening outside the principal’s office. Everyone gathered around the noticeboard. Bom and Jiyong joined Dara, Chaerin and Seunghyun at the principal’s office.

“Due to complaints about bullying, we have decided to do an anti- bullying program instead of normal classes. “Chaerin read aloud.

“That’s so stupid. If only I was school captain again I would stop this nonsense.” Seunghyun groaned.

“I think this is good. This school seriously had some bullying issues.” Bom mentioned.

“Yeah I agree. This is a good idea because we don’t have to do school work!” Jiyong cheered.

“No this is so pointless, the girls will continue to bully despite this program.” Chaerin argued.

The school bell interrupted their discussion and everyone headed towards their classrooms.

------

Bom was excited about the anti-bullying program; maybe the school could teach everyone proper manners Bom thought. But it was totally different to what she expected. The teacher spent the whole morning reading out bullying scenarios and school rules. It was pretty obvious that no one would take the teacher seriously and ignored the teacher. Even Bom couldn’t stand the teacher’s monotone voice, it was clear that the teacher was born to teach maths not to lecture about bullying.

 

Luckily for the class the sports teacher handled the anti-bullying program better. Everyone seated on the basketball court while they waited for their teacher to talk.

“Ok, today I will talk about trust. “ The teacher then continued talking about trust. After hearing the teacher giving the class a lecture Bom felt like she was in primary school again. It’s embarrassing for high school students to be lectured about trust or bullying but then again some girls in the school are very childish. But when the teacher kept talking Bom suddenly didn’t feel well, espcially when she asked people who did they trust the most, most people answered their parents. It reminded her of the time when she thought she trusted her father and made her sick. She had problems trusting people, with a few exceptions.

“Ok we’ll end the day with an activity, this activity involves with pairs.”

Seunghyun and Bom stared at each other, they wanted to be partners. But the teacher was not that nice and actually assigned the partners.

“I’ll pick your partners.” The teacher snickered to herself and at that moment everyone gulped.

The teacher was wise and didn’t put Seunghyun and Bom together. The teacher knew that most girls in the class wanted to be Seunghyun’s partner and that’s why he paired Seunghyun with a guy. Everyone else had a partner that was opposite to their own gender; basically most pairs were the boy-girl pairs.

Bom looked at her assigned partner, Junsu and sighed with relief. She was worried when the teacher was picking out the partners because she knows that almost everyone in her class disliked her but her partner was a person that wasn’t very vocal about hating Bom, she was lucky.

“This activity is based on trust. Where the girl will have to close her eyes and fall backwards, they must place their trust on their partners as the males will have to catch the female.” The teacher explained. Some of the girls giggled when the teacher said that.

“Um what if there are two males in a group?” Seunghyun asked.

“Whoever is lighter will the one falling.” The teacher replied. Seunghyun looked at his partner Eli and sighed. He will be the one catching the person. Everyone lined up in two straight rows. The females and Eli faced the wall and were ready to fall down.

“Catchers, maybe some encouraging words or positive words will build trust?” The teacher suggested before blowing the whistle. The girls who had the best looking guys fell backwards immediately. Other girls were thinking whether to fall or not. Bom was one of them, she didn’t really know Junsu that well and she had her doubts. She glanced around nervously to see some girls already falling but she was still unsure.

Junsu tried the teacher’s method.

“Bom, you can do it. I promise I will catch you safely.” Junsu blurted.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter