Sleepy head

Surviving School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 26

“Bom, come down from there!” Dara yelled.

“Bom, come down!” Jiyong tried to grab Bom’s attention.

“Yah! Seungri this is your fault, why did you make Bom drink?!” Chaerin started to scold Seungri. Everyone outside surrounded the pool as they nervously watched Bom stand on the diving board. Everyone had their eyes on Bom. She was not herself, she was completely drunk.

“Bom, just don’t jump!” Dara cried. Bom who was standing on top of the diving board just smirked. She looked below to see waves rippling. The pool sparkled in front of her; the nice aqua water looked amazing at night. Bom hiccupped; she did her best to cover . She had enough of staring into the pool. She needed to feel the cool water splashed against her burning skin. Bom took a step forward and people began to gasp. Bom legs were wobbling as the diving board began to creak. Bom who was out of her mind jumped off the diving board.

Seunghyun heart jumped out from his chest as he watched Bom fall down from the diving board. It scared him. Everyone held their breath as they all watched Bom fell down into the pool. Water splashed the people on the side. Seunghyun didn’t waste any second and dived in the pool right after Bom fell in the pool. Seunghyun swam underwater looking for Bom. The pool was icy cold and the chlorine was hurting his eyes. But he didn’t care, he needed to find Bom. Seunghyun could see Bom nearly touching the bottom of the pool. Seunghyun pushed his arms and legs through the water and reached for Bom.

Dara quickly ran inside her house looking for towels. Dara rushed upstairs and snatched her beach towels in her room. Dara was in a hurry and raced back outside as if there was a fire inside the house. Dara didn’t know whether she should be happy or sad when she saw a huge crowd. Dara pushed people so she could see what was happening. There, in front of her eyes was Bom lying on the ground.

Seunghyun was besides Bom trying to catch a breath. He grabbed Bom's arm and placed two of his fingers on her arm and tried to feel her pulse. Seunghyun couldn’t feel her pulse and it scared him. Seunghyun pressed his hands on her chest, trying to make her cough. He wasn’t a life guard and only based his actions from watching movies. But Bom didn’t respond, a sudden thought occurred in his mind. Seunghyun stared at Bom’s face. His face leaned closer to hers, his lips slowly headed towards Bom’s plump lips. He could hear his heart pumping as he was going closer to her lips.

Out of nowhere Bom started to cough, water spurted out from . Her eyes slowly opened, her vision was pixelated for a few seconds but after that she could see everything. The darkness faded away. As soon she got her perfect vision back she realised Seunghyun’s face was right in front of hers, in fact inches away. Why was he this close to her? It didn’t matter, he shocked her. Bom quickly pushed Seunghyun away. Seunghyun tumbled backwards and hid his face with embarrassment. Bom glanced around to see faces everywhere. People were surrounding her. She didn’t know what happened but one thing she knew for sure was that she didn’t feel good. Dara was the first to help Bom stand up. Dara wrapped the beach towel around Bom. Bom peered over Dara’s shoulder to see Chaerin helping Seunghyun get up. Bom noticed Seunghyun’s wet shirt clung onto his skin. Water dripped down from his hair. Why is Seunghyun wet as well?

“Bom and Seunghyun ! You guys are soaked! You guys need to go to the bathroom and get changed or you’ll be sick!” Dara cried. Dara gave Seunghyun and Bom directions to her bathroom and the two wet people walked to the room together.

They walked to the bathroom in silence until Bom spoke up.

“Why are we wet?” Bom asked.

“You jumped off the diving board and landed in the pool. Then I dived in and saved your life.” He chuckled.

“Ah, really? I wouldn’t do that-“

“You were drunk.”

Bom pulled the towel over her head while she tried to hide her embarrassment. Seunghyun quietly laughed and pulled the towel away from her head.

“If you do that, you won’t be able to see. “

“I don’t care.”

“Here’s the bathroom, she said there are three bathrooms in this floor.” Seunghyun pointed at the bathrooms. They entered separate bathrooms according to their gender. When Seunghyun stepped inside, he caused a trail of puddles behind him. Firstly he took of his wet shirt and singlet. With the towel and he wiped of the water on his chest. Seunghyun stared outside and noticed the dark sky. Few moments later it started to rain. Lightning bolts appeared from the grey clouds. Let’s just say it’s a miracle that they didn’t fall in the pool now. He was about to pull down his pants but stopped when he heard Bom scream.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!”

Seunghyun threw the towel aside and raced inside the bathroom where Bom was in. Seunghyun gently knocked on the door.

“Bom, are you ok?”

Seunghyun stood there waiting for a response but there was none. Seunghyun pressed his ears against the door and he could hear Bom crying inside. It hurts to hear Bom cry, so he pushed the door slowly to see Bom on the ground crying. Bom covered herself with the towel so you couldn’t see her face, the towel couldn’t cover the sound of her tears.

Seunghyun walked up and pulled the towel away from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter