Different worlds

Surviving School
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 17

Everyone in the gym stopped doing what they were doing. Even the people running on the treadmills stopped running just to see if Bom was okay. Everyone murmured as they all crowded around Bom who was knocked out on the carpet. Seunghyun froze besides the punching bag as he watched everyone walked towards Bom with horror. His guilty feeling dragged his heart. Seunghyun’s body couldn’t move, it was like someone cemented his shoes to the ground. It wasn’t until when one boy bent down to check Bom’s pulse that Seunghyun started move again. Seunghyun pushed past the crowd of people and pulled the boy touching Bom’s wrist away from Bom. Seunghyun pressed his ears on Bom’s chest, desperately trying to hear a heart beating. Seunghyun heard nothing.

Seunghyun buried his head on Bom’s stomach.

“Bom I’m so sorry….”

Everyone surrounded Seunghyun were too scared to approach him since he was very pissed off. Seunghyun looked at Bom and caressed her face. Seunghyun lifted Bom’s body off the ground and carried her gently like she was a princess.

“MOVE!” Seunghyun yelled at the crowd, the crowd immediately made an empty path way for Seunghyun. Seunghyun carried Bom close to him; his heart was having mood swings. One minute he had no heart beat and the next it was beating uncontrollably. Seunghyun glanced around looking for the school’s mini hospital’s room.

-----

Seunghyun stared at the cold clock in the classroom. Seunghyun ripped out a page out of his notebook. He was frustrated. He needed to concentrate and improve his test results. However he couldn’t concentrate in class, there were too many distractions. He shouldn’t have let her hold the punching bag in the first place. Seunghyun groaned at the board filled with endless maths equations. He had enough. He just wanted the bell to ring.

After the painfully long lesson Seunghyun immediately ran out of his classroom and dashed for the hospital room. Seunghyun entered inside the white room and sighed of relief. Bom was lying down on the couch reading a book. She looked the same, except with bandages wrapped around her head and the huge purple bruise covered her left eye. Despite the injuries Bom was still very cheerful while reading her book.

Seunghyun looked to his left and right to see if anyone else was there, luckily for him no one else was there. Seunghyun approached Bom with an apologetic face.

“Bom…I’m sorry.” Seunghyun croaked.

“Seunghyun. It’s alright , I’m alive.” Bom spoke up and placed the book on her lap so she could look at Seunghyun properly.

“Seunghyun you have anger management issues.”

“I know….” Seunghyun truthfully replied.

“You’re also very violent and-“

“Hey! You’re violent as well, remember how you bashed up that guy who tried to kiss you today?” Seunghyun mentioned.

“That’s because that boy is a weakling!” Bom snapped at him.

“It’s unusual for a girl to beat up a boy!”

“Seunghyun! Stop trying to change the topic!” Bom growled at him.

Seunghyun giggled at Bom but stopped when his eyes focused on the bunch of roses placed besides Bom.

“Roses? Did someone give you roses?” Seunghyun asked.

Bom eye’s shifted to the roses next to her as she blushed.

“Yep! Jiyong bought it for me! He’s so sweet!” Bom smiled.

“Jiyong?” Seunghyun looked puzzled.

“Yeah he’s been looking after me all morning.”

Jiyong silently entered the room and was shocked to see Seunghyun there.

“Ji! You’re back!” Bom cheered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter