Angels Cry.

The Angels and Sinners Trilogy

 

A/N: This happened a few months after the events in Some Say Love is Not For Sinners because Angel's Cry is somewhat a prequel ideklol… Sorry for typos and grammatical errors as this was unbeta-ed. Ah what great feeling~ I’ve finally finished this. My first ever finished work! XD Thank you for bearing with me and my Minkey stories. ♥ I stan Onkey hardcore, but Idk why i always end up writing Minkey instead. Ishipthemwhennightcomes.

 

ANGELS CRY
a sequel to Some Say Love Is Not For Sinners
The Third Shot.

 

It’s been months since his angel went away and Minho felt like a living corpse. Who knows where Key stays now? Jonghyun helped Minho to find him in the university but they can’t manage to find him in the corners of the Physics building. When Jonghyun asked the Administration people if Key transferred, they just shrugged their shoulders and said it was a confidential matter.

 

Kim Kibum was gone in their lives, just like that.

 

Those days were the most painful for Minho. He would go home late, drunk, and the change in his attitude was drastic. He would never listen to anyone, even to Jonghyun. He would always look for Key, pretend he was still there, and Minho would go to Key’s apartment every single time, even though he always ended up just hurting himself more because he would be welcomed by an empty, deserted apartment.

 

How could Minho have lived those weeks without him? He didn’t know either. And he doesn’t want to waste his time figuring the answer out.

 

Jonghyun knows just how much Minho longed for Key, but he never wanted his best friend to sulk forever, so he did what he could and talked to Yuri about her relationship with Minho. It seems Yuri understood and so she was the one to make a move to revive their relationship. Yuri got herself a job now even though Minho still pays for everything in their little apartment. He’s got some big ego that he wants to prove something to Yuri’s family. So far, he has proven himself worthy of her, in Jonghyun’s opinion. Minho has a stable job and he saves up for their future.

 

Nonetheless Minho looked paler as ever. He shrank and ate less, and avoided the company of his many friends for a while. He wasn’t the same, energetic Minho that Jonghyun knew way back then.

 

But that was past for Minho. Before he could realize it, he was slowly giving up and moving on. These days he wondered what he was doing during those times. He felt like an idiot waiting for something that could never happen. How could he hope that he’ll come back to him?

 

Key never loved him. If he did he wouldn’t go away, he would never give him up. Minho was just as ready at that time. He could’ve left Yuri for him, but Key threw that opportunity away, which meant that Minho doesn’t hold much importance for him.

 

Every day he would watch Key’s video on his phone, just seeing him and hearing his voice was enough to keep himself sane.

 

I love you, Minho. And I don’t want you to be bad. I can’t take what you’re doing anymore. I don’t know if you ever really loved me or I was just for your entertainment, but all I know is that I have always loved you. I sound so stupid right now, I know that. But I wanted to tell you that.

 

Damn that, Minho thought as he deleted the video. He should buy a new phone now. Who was used for entertainment? If Minho knew better, Key would have been laughing at him at this moment, wherever he is. How a fool he was for falling for someone like him! He wanted to regret having considered leaving his girlfriend for him. He was more secured with Yuri, and yet he actually considered leaving her for a complete… stranger.

 

Yes, Key was a stranger, and Minho wanted to remind himself that fact everytime.

 

He wanted to be happy, to be back to normal. He deserved to be happy after all, and he was going there now. He should just forget everything right? He should throw away all those bittersweet memories and start on with his new life. After all, his wedding with Yuri is almost less than a year now. He should focus on preparing for their future rather than dwelling in his past.

 

Yes, he must. He will, he’ll get there soon.

 

I’ll forget about you, Kim Kibum.

 

“Minho, what about we play some soccer during the weekend? Jessica says she’s free this coming Saturday. I’m sure Yuri would like that.” Jonghyun spoke for the nth time, and broke that very long, awkward silence between him and his best friend. But as usual, he remained talking to a wall. Minho has been staring elsewhere and it was obvious that his mind was drifting away again.

 

“Minho-ya…” Jonghyun, who was on the way in being a doctor, nudged Minho as the latter was pouring coffee from the pot to the plate. He was spacing out once again.

 

“Hyung?” Minho woke up from his senses and looked at Jonghyun as he put the coffee pot down. He promised him he would stop thinking about Key now, but what was he doing? He’s thinking about that person once again.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung. I was just thinking about my deadlines for work.”

 

Lies, Jonghyun thought, but he never blurts out. He just understands what his best friend was going through.

 

“Ah, I see. So… what I’m saying is, how about we play some soccer on Saturday? You’re free right?” Jonghyun helped himself with a cup of coffee as he tried to smile to soothe Minho’s mood.

 

“Oh. I’ll see about that. I better ask Yuri if she’s free.” Minho nibbled his biscuit as he grabbed the morning paper and tried to read the headlines to divert his mind somewhere else. His mind was seriously in a daze if not for Jonghyun’s interruption.

 

“What, you don’t know if she’s free or not?” Jonghyun joked as he sips into his coffee. But as he expected, Minho wouldn’t laugh. He’s changed so much. He became this serious, robot-like person whose mind Jonghyun couldn’t read anymore. It might take some time to get him back to normal.

 

“She stays late in the office oftentimes, and she goes home late, sometimes she just spends the whole Saturday sleeping.” Minho courtly said, not getting Jonghyun’s humor. He flipped the page and what he saw made him focus on the next one. There wasn’t a picture of the person featured, but what the headline said made the hairs on his arms stand up.

 

Physics Senior bags the first prize for Math Nationals, College Division

 

He immediately folded the paper and gazed back at his best friend, who never failed to notice his sudden discomfort.

 

“I’ll bring my soccer ball on Saturday.” The younger of the two stood up and busied himself with opening the fridge and looking for milk.

 

He can feel his hands tremble as the thought was eating him up again. Darn it, what’s wrong with me? It’s just a simple nonsense headline.

 

Jonghyun finally saw the newspaper headline that made his friend jolt, and he creased his forehead as soon he was able to digest what he has just read.

 

A Physics college senior, winning in a Math National contest, huh.

 

He immediately folded the newspaper and put it in his bag. No more like this for his bestfriend. He was trying his best to move on now.

 

+++

 

Friday morning.

 

“Minho sunbae!” A voice who Minho couldn’t recognize called him from behind. He turned around and saw a guy with average height, brown wavy hair walking towards him, a shy smile on his face. Minho struggled to remember the face, for it was so familiar, yet he failed.

 

“I can’t believe I would see you here.” The guy just bowed at him, smile glued on his face. He knows the other can’t recognize him since it’s been a long time since they saw and talked to each other. “I can’t expect you to remember me, but it’s okay. Just so you would remember, I’m Lee Jinki.”

 

Lee Jinki. Yes, Minho has heard the name before.

 

“Ah, yes. I remember you now. Sorry, I’m bad with people and names.” Minho just bowed apologetically.

 

“Oh, it’s alright. Well, like what I said I kinda expected you not to remember me.” Jinki just scratched his head and smiled again. “So… what brings you here? I mean… don’t tell me you’re working here too?”`

 

Minho didn’t know how to feel right now. Seeing this guy made him think about the past again. The first time he saw Jinki was when Key, a college freshman at that time, kissed him in front of Minho. Minho has never been so jealous all his life.

 

He hates the idea that he couldn’t forget even just a simple incident like that.

 

“I work here, yes. I’m on the Accounting Department.” Working here too? What does he mean by that? Minho pondered as he scanned the guy in front of him.

 

“Oh really? Then my department is just beside yours! I’m in the Marketing. I just got hired, but only for part-time. Hopefully I can be full-time when I graduate.” Jinki said cheerfully. “So that’s why I didn’t get to see you here sunbae, I go out by lunchtime because I have classes in the afternoon.”

 

Minho, who didn’t know what to reply, just nodded in return.

 

“So… I guess I’ll just see you some other time then, sunbae. It’s almost 12. I have to go. Annyeong!” Jinki bowed and slung his bag on his shoulders and walked hastily towards the building lobby, leaving Minho following his figure using his eyes.

 

“Y-Yah!” Then the older one suddenly found his voice as he stepped forward. Minho couldn’t even understand why he did that, or he even thought about doing it at all. He just followed his instincts, but then he’s late to realize that he promised himself not to trust his instincts anymore.

 

And when Jinki didn’t look back, he shouted a bit louder, surprising himself even more. “Yah!”

 

Jinki looked back, wondering who was shouting, and was surprised to see Minho walking towards him. “Minho sunbae?”

 

Minho stopped, didn’t know what to say since he didn’t originally planned of running (or walking rather) after Jinki. “I… I read the headlines today. I-I just… it’s about… about the… M-Math Nationals, I mean. I don’t know if… if y-you’ve heard about t-that… I didn’t read the article, but I just saw the title.” He stuttered and looked away, afraid of judgment because he was sure that Jinki already knows what he was talking about.

 

Minho had to make sure his gut-feeling was right.

 

Jinki suddenly stiffened and stood straight, also avoiding the eyes of the other. He held unto his bag tightly and tried hard to sound casual. “A-ah… keuraeyo? Yes, it was in the paper, and now the whole department’s going crazy about it.” He talked rather awkwardly, and Minho doesn’t get it.

 

Now he didn’t know what to add next. He just scratched his head and attempted to smile but it turned awkward. “I just… thought of… him. That’s all.”

 

It could have been him, if he didn’t leave.

 

“Ne… the whole department was happy about it too.” Jinki simply smiled and sighed. “And everyone was teasing him about transferring to the Math department this fall. But he said he’s happy with Physics so no need.”

 

Minho creased his forehead. It looks like he missed something with what Jinki said. “Pardon? What did you say?”

 

Jinki was shocked to realize what kind of stupidity he has done. He’s seriously dead. He looked around and pretended not to be bothered by Minho’s question. “Just forget what I said.”

 

“Don’t fool around. Just tell me.” Minho seriously responded which made Jinki step backward. But he stayed silent, avoiding the other’s eyes.

 

Minho sighed and looked on the different direction. He wondered why he still bothered to ask, he wouldn’t get the answers he want anyway. And… he thought he doesn’t care about him anymore. He should move on, right? He promised himself and Yuri that he would try hard to forget the boy named Kim Kibum.

 

So he just turned around and faced the opposite direction. “Just… just forget it. I… I-I don’t care anyway, just save—”

 

“I bet it reminded you of him, right?” Jinki immediately but calmly answered, making Minho’s eyes open wide as he stopped walking.

 

“What did you say?”   

 

“A Physics major winning a Mathematics National, first place. I just thought it might rang a bell. And I guess I’m right. It did. ” Jinki calmly replied, but he was looking in some other direction. He had to make sure he doesn’t look bothered at all.

 

Minho made sure he was standing properly, afraid to stumble as he faced the other and looked at him with a brave face.

 

Silence seeped in, until Jinki sighed again and finally looked at his sunbae. “I’m really sorry, Minho sunbae. He’s one of my closest friends. I can’t say anything beyond that. I don’t know if you still care about him or anything, but if you’re planning on having a revenge, please just stop.”

 

Minho felt his fists clench. He can’t believe what he’s hearing right now. Was he supposed to be happy or what? No, he felt betrayed, he felt used. And that’s what makes him hate Kibum even more.

 

“I’m not planning on having revenge. I don’t want to waste my time.”

 

“He doesn’t want to either.”

 

“Screw that.” Minho blurted out unexpectedly. He felt like bursting, like something’s brewing inside of him. “I don’t care about him. I’ve already stopped caring.”

 

“So… I think… let’s just leave it to that. Anyway, I have to go now, sunbae. It was really nice to see you here.” Jinki said awkwardly. Good thing he was able to control himself, he was so close. If he’s braver enough, he could have divulged everything.

 

Minho wanted to punch himself for being so tactless. So what if it reminded him of Kibum? He didn’t have to call his friend’s attention just to say that. He should have just kept it to himself. After all, he’s been doing that for so many months now... He has to move on and be strong anyway.

 

+++

 

“But Baby, I have so many deadlines tonight. I think I might be home later than usual.” Yuri’s voice seemed tired on the other line.

 

“What time are you going to be home? Do you want me to fetch you there in the office?” Minho worriedly asked. It’s almost 8pm now, and he knows it might be dangerous for her to drive alone, especially if she’s working too much and gets stressed out a lot.

 

“No need. You have an early meeting tomorrow, right? Better sleep early.”

 

Minho didn’t know what to say. Yuri sure has changed a lot. If it was before, she would force him to fetch her even though he can’t. He doesn’t know if he’s happy with this sudden change or not.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. I’ll go straight home once I’ve finished everything.”

 

“Okay, drive safe. I love you, Yuri.” He sounded so convinced with saying he really loves her.

 

Minho loves her, right?

 

“Bye. Good night, Minho.” And she hung up.

 

Minho closed his eyes as he leaned his head on the sofa. It’s been heck of a week for him, having to deal with so many different kinds of clients. One’s passive, one’s too demanding, and one he never heard of since he signed his tax return papers.

 

He doesn’t want to think about his work right now so he just grabbed his iPod and played some random music as he closed his eyes again and lied on the couch.

 

Ne-Yo’s ‘Hate that I love you’ suddenly played on shuffle that made Minho wanting to throw his iPod. He hated this song. Why was it on his iPod anyway?

 

Oh yeah, he remembered.

 

Kibum loves Ne-Yo, and he was the one who updated Minho’s playlist. Minho couldn’t believe he still have Kibum’s playlist on his iPod. In fact, he was sure he deleted every trace of him in his life.

 

He turned the irritating gadget off and settled with just staring at the white ceiling, clueless of what to do so that he could fall sleep, because he’s having difficulties to sleep again these days.

 

+++

 

It’s been the third time in 4 months that Kim Kibum couldn’t stand up from his bed because of his weak immune system. This time, it’s colds.

 

“I told you Bummie, don’t stay up too late just because of that college paper. You can just pass your article next month. I know you’re friends with the editor-in-chief anyway.” Jinki scolded his friend as he sat down on Kibum’s bedside while the other just wrapped himself in thick blanket.

 

“I want my article to be published this month, Jin-Jin. And he said the deadline for submission is today.” Kibum whispered almost inaudibly.

 

“I know, I understand. But if it will cost you your health then maybe you can just have a break from all those extracurricular activities that you do. Geez, look at you, you look like you haven’t slept for years.” Jinki would always say the same words, but it seems they just go inside Kibum’s ear and pass through the other one. He never listens.

 

“And one more thing, we must start jogging every other day. You know why you’re always sick? It’s because you lack exercise. Vitamins aren’t enough, Bummie. Which reminds me, you have to get up now. I will eat breakfast with you. Come, come!” Jinki pulled the blanket and revealed a curled up Kibum, eyes closed, and embracing himself due to cold.

 

“My article… has to be published… Jin-Jin… help me get up…” He sounded like he wanted to encourage himself to get up but obviously he couldn’t.

 

Jinki stopped in his tracks and just stared at his friend. He’s known Kibum for so many years but he never saw him as vulnerable as like this. He may never say it but Jinki knows he’s been keeping the pain he’s been feeling ever since he decided to cut ties with Minho. Kibum’s bloated red eyes during mornings tell it all anyway.

 

“Okay, that's it.  I’ll just tell Professor Han that you don’t feel really well. You have to rest the whole day today. And about that article, I will ask the editor-in-chief if he can extend the printing date. Arasseo?” Jinki grabbed the blanket and covered Kibum’s body.

 

“Hmm… And please tell Chansung to just go here… this afternoon.” Kibum blurted out, half-consciously. He wanted to open his eyes but they just droop involuntarily.

 

“What?! Don’t tell me you’re still seeing that Chansung. For goodness sake, Kim Kibum!” Jinki was really shocked to hear it from his friend. Didn’t he say he’s got nothing to do with his ex-boyfriend anymore?

 

“He w-wants… wants to… wants us to get back together…” Even though he himself wouldn’t want to work things out with his ex, Kibum thought about it and decided that maybe, he should give him another chance.

 

“And you agreed? What are you thinking?!”

 

“I still don't know, Jin-Jin. Maybe he’s changed. Let’s just… just give him a chance.”

 

Jinki sighed. He wouldn’t want to scold Kibum right now, so he just went silent. If he could just decide for Kibum, he won’t let his friend go back to his good-for-nothing ex-boyfriend. But he knows Kibum, he just does what he wants, and even Jinki can’t stop him from doing it.

 

If only he can just go back to Minho sunbae, it would have been better…

 

When he heard Key’s breathing become normal, he just patted his head and adjusted his blanket. He could only wish that his friend will feel well soon and don’t overwork himself. Especially now that he’s become even more famous in the university because of his recent achievement in the Mathematics Nationals.

 

He badly wanted to let Key know that he met Minho in his office building, but he fought the urge to do it. Jinki just left their dorm silently.

 

It was half past 3pm when Key opened his eyes. His head was seriously spinning. He got up and opened his medicine cabinet. His fingers were twitching as he stretched his arms to get that precious flu syrup.

 

It's going to be a long day for him. As long as he secured the syrup inside his system, he grabbed his laptop and finished his article for the college paper, printing it immediately as soon as he finished proofreading. He then grabbed his phone to check and send messages.

 

To: Jonghyun hyung
From: Key

Hyung, I'm not sure if this is still your number. But if it still is, then I must be lucky. Can you meet me and Jinki up in Physics Hall at around 6:30pm today?

 

To: Jin-Jin
From: Bummie

Going to school. Meet me up. Same place, same time.

 

To: Chansung
From: Key

Can we talk? There is something that I should tell you. Meet me up by the waiting shed of Physics Hall at 5pm.

 

+++

 

5:30PM.

 

It’s been two long hours since Minho has sat on his favorite seat, of his favorite spot, of his favorite restaurant.

 

It was their third year anniversary. Who would have thought they actually made it this far? It seems just yesterday that Minho received degrading mocks from her parents and family, and tried his best to win their favor, and finally Yuri herself.

 

Who would have thought?

 

It was Yuri’s mother who set-up this romantic dinner to celebrate their three years of being together. Three not-so-strong years, but at least they are still trying. Minho could only wish that everything will work out in the end.

 

Two hours became three, but still, Minho sat there alone.

 

He wondered what takes Yuri too long. Maybe something came up in the office or maybe… she’s just preparing. Minho sure knows how long it takes for his girlfriend to dress up, to put make-up on, and to make sure everything’s fine on her body and face. Minho hated it, frankly, but then again, he loved Yuri for who she was.

 

He never regretted falling for her.

 

He got his phone from his pocket, surprised that there was a message, and it was from his bestfriend, Jonghyun. And what his message contained… freaked Minho out.

 

To: Minho
From: Jonghyun

I’m in the university now. Do you wanna come? Come here quick.

 

Minho didn’t even know how to react. He just stared at his phone for a while, not knowing what to do. He decided that he should just keep his phone and don’t mind what was on his mind. Going back to the university would just remind him of that person once again. Damn it. Why does it have to be this hard not to think about him?

 

He should forget everything about him. That’s what he always tell himself, and so far, for a few weeks, it’s becoming more and more effective. Sometimes he would just think of Yuri and he will forget about Kibum.

 

To: Jjong hyung
From: Minho

Mianhe, I can’t go back to that place. Not now.

 

Another 30 minutes has gloriously passed, but still, no sign of Yuri coming. Where is she now? And why her phone’s off? Minho tried to get through her office line but no one was answering.

 

Minho can’t sit still now. He’s dead worried about what might happen to keep his girlfriend this long. He realized how important she is to him now. It was as if he won’t be able to take it if she’s out of his life.

 

He was about to call Yuri’s mother when his phone rang, signaling a call. It was Jonghyun. He answered immediately.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Minho, where are you?”

 

“Uh… I’m… somewhere out here waiting for Yuri.”

 

“Ah, yeah. You told me it’s your anniversary today right? Sorry, I forgot. Never mind, haha. Enjoy the night, guys.” Jonghyun’s voice suddenly became jolly but somehow there was something in his voice that made Minho crease his forehead.

 

“Is there a problem hyung?”

 

“No, no. I’ll just call you—” Minho can barely hear what he was saying because of the noise on the background. He looked outside the restaurant and saw that it was raining so hard. Maybe that’s the noise on the other line.

 

“…I hate to say this but, I’m kinda stranded here ‘coz Jessica has my car. Aish.” He finally heard Jonghyun.

 

“Who’s with you right now?”

 

“It should have been one of my classmates, Jinki. But he said he had an emergency to attend to, so…”

 

“You’re alone and you’re stranded?” Minho said as he stood up and walked towards the table near the window. Thunder and lightning could be heard and seen from the sky.

 

“You can say that, yeah. But I’ll call over my house and send someone to pick me up here. Anyway, you drive safe, okay? I’ll just see you tomo—”

 

“Hyung!” Minho suddenly cut him that made Jonghyun jump from where he was standing.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t move in there. I’m going to pick you up.” Minho immediately stood up and wore his jacket.

 

“Huh? What?! No, no, no. Stay there, it’s been raining hard. And better call Yuri, she might got stranded too.”

 

“I’m on my way out.”

 

“Yah! Minho! You’re in the middle of a date! Hahaha.” Minho sounded so serious that Jonghyun just joked and awkwardly laughed.

 

“Yuri’s not here, and I know she might be in her office or at the condo unit. And for sure she’ll understand if I tell her why I had to leave the restaurant. Just hang in there, hyung. Okay? I’m coming.”

 

“Uh… o-okay. I’m out of battery anyway, so I can’t call my driver.”

 

“Okay, better hang up now or your phone might go off. Where are you specifically?”

 

It took a while for Jonghyun to answer.

 

“Physics Hall.”

 

+++

 

A quarter before 7.

 

It was now raining so hard that Minho can barely see the road. He drove slowly as he can see the other drivers did the same. He didn’t want to risk his life so he better drive safe. He stopped at the first waiting shed that he saw upon entering the gate nearest to the Physics Building. This was the most convenient way for him… way back.

 

He was about to dial Jonghyun’s number when he remembered his hyung’s battery might exhaust if he calls. Now what? He has to go down and look for him inside?

 

He parked at the nearest empty corner and went down. As he saw the Physics Hall standing proudly in front of him, he couldn't help but feel a tinge of nostalgia. It was this building, this same building... where everything happened.

 

He went inside unguarded. He surely knew how going back would affect him bigtime, but now's not the time to reminisce, for he has a responsibility of looking for his bestfriend and ensuring that he's safe.

 

It was rather dark in the hall and the only source of light was the lone fluorescent bulb in the lobby. It was bright enough to cover the lobby but it will only just give you shadows as you move forward.

 

He walked towards his most memorable spot. It was in this spot where he first saw him. Yes, Kim Kibum. That fateful day when he saw Yuri with another guy—Chansung. He didn't know how to cope up at that sight of them making out, but then he bumped into Key, and there he knew of his existence.

 

Minho tried hard to erase those memories but here they are again... totally haunting him. He couldn't understand why he can't get over it. Why he can't get over him. As much as he wants to think that what he felt for Key was just a mistake, little things would always remind him how much Key meant for him at that short time that they were together.

 

Yes, he truly felt something... but it's over now, right? He has to move on.

 

He shook his head and as he was about to step forward, he suddenly heard noises. He swallowed hard, maybe he was just imagining things and listened to too much ghost stories about the Physics Hall. But then, the noises became clearer, as if moving towards his direction.

 

He stopped and at the sight of them... merely about 20 meters away from him... two people are having a fight. He decided not to show himself and hid behind a large column. As he's not the one to care about somebody else's business, he grabbed his phone, ready to call Jonghyun.

 

***“Chansung please listen to me, I need you... Please let's just reconsider. Please?”

 

“I told you... it's impossible! I can't go back to you anymore! Can't you get that?”

 

Minho jerked up from his position. Those voices... are freakingly familiar... and he hates that they're way too familiar. He stopped himself from stepping outside the column. No, he can't... he won't...

 

“But what about your promises? Don't you love me anymore? Yah! Please... please think about it. I'm serious!”

 

“And I'm also serious. I thought this could work out you know. But I'm tired of lying! I'm tired of having to hide and sneak with you. Let's grow old. This is getting pointless to me.”

 

“I don't believe you! You said before, didn't you? You said you enjoyed what we're doing behind everyone's back. I can't believe you're telling this to me now. It was all your fault we ended up this way!”

 

“Stop it. No matter what you say, I will never go back to you.”

 

“Chansung! Yah, Chansung-ah! Listen to me first! Don't leave me! I won't let you go that easily...” Minho heard some sobs after. He didn't know if it was from him or from the voice, for he felt his knees getting weak and his tears escaping unexpectedly from his tired eyes. No, no, no, this isn't happening. Why now? Why does it have to happen now that he was determined to forget everything and move on to a better life?

 

“Let's just stop okay? We can't go on like this. It's either you forget about him or I'll be gone.”

 

“What? So you want me to choose now?”

 

“You can't? So you still love him, huh? Just as I expected.”

 

Minho felt like someone was choking him. He couldn't breathe anymore. His mind was in a daze while he still tried to keep up with the ongoing conversation. He doesn't know what to do or think anymore, and he just let his tears flow.

 

“I... I love you, Chansung. And I w-won't... I can't t-take it if you just l-leave me like this.” The voice was vulnerable.

 

“If you love me then why can't you forget about him?”

 

“I... I d-don't know... I honestly don't know... But... what I know is I can't... and w-won't let you go. Whatever happens... I... I love you... you know that.”

 

It was unbearable for Minho now.

 

He got his phone and ran towards the door, not caring whether those two saw him or not. Heck, he won't  dare look back even if his life depended on it. No, it used to be, but not anymore.

 

+++ 

 

To: Minho
From: Jonghyun

Waiting shed. He's there. Waiting for that ex-boyfriend. Sorry for fooling you out of this, Minho. Jinki and I just thought that maybe you could talk things out better if you see each other.

 

To: Jjong hyung
From: Minho

How about you?

 

To: Minho
From: Jonghyun hyung

Don't worry about me. I can find my way with Jin-Jin. I worry about Kimkey. He looked really helpless when I saw him. Jinki told me he was out there waiting for that since 5pm. He was sick but he still went to school.

 

To: Jjong hyung
From: Minho

I will forever be thankful for this, hyung. Thank you very much!

 

To: Minho
From: Jonghyun hyung

I didn't get that, honestly. Why are you thanking me? I did something out of hand and dragged you into this situation TT____TT

 

Minho wasn't able to reply anymore as he stepped out and ventured the heavy rain. He didn't care if his custom-made tux was getting wet, and his newly polished leather shoes are getting muddy. Who cares? He has just one thing in mind now.

 

Kim Kibum.

 

There he was, sitting pointlessly in the bench of the now newly-painted waiting shed. Key. His Key. He was wearing a thick coat but he still wrapped his arms around his tiny body. He was looking down, and Minho couldn't say if he was sleeping or not. He stopped just in front of him.

 

He doesn't really know what to say, what to do...

 

He waited for this moment forever. To see him again, to hear his voice, to touch him like there's no tomorrow, to tell him everything's alright. How he yearned for Kibum's warmth every night. The first few months were totally unbearable. Minho would always wake up looking for him.

 

And now, he's here... in front of him, shivering from the cold.

 

“K-K-Key...” He finally muttered his name.

 

The young boy remained still, not moving.

 

Minho stepped forward. He thought, maybe he fell asleep already. He stretched his arms, getting impatient to touch him. But he stopped halfway, thinking of the things he heard in the Physics Hall earlier. He bit his lips, controlling himself from pouring those tears again. He must be strong. He knows he can. He will be.

 

“Kibum... K-Kibum...” He called again and again, feeling his presence near him.

 

He sat beside him and felt Key's head move up a little.

 

“Chansung... C-Chansung... I'm so sorry...” Minho was surprised when he spoke. He didn't expect him to blurt his ex-boyfriend's name at all.

 

Jinki told me he was out there waiting for that since 5pm.

 

Why? He wanted to ask that. Why was he waiting? Didn't that guy hurt him before? How many times did that Chansung guy cheat on him? Didn't they see it together? How him and... and... he doesn't want to think about it anymore.

 

Minho felt those tears ready to fall again. He wanted to punch himself for being this vulnerable. He wasn't like this before. He was way stronger before. Maybe when Key came into his life and disappeared, he became sensitive with his own feelings.

 

He could feel it. He will breakdown anytime. He stretched his arms and caught Key in time. He kept on telling himself he waited for this. He longed for this touch, and even if his mind was in a daze right now, he wouldn't replace anything in the world with this.

 

“Key... I missed you so much. You have no idea how much.... I missed you...” He sobbed as he felt his angel's body against his. And that... he was warmer than he expected.

 

“Chansung... I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry... I can't possibly... do this...”

 

“Key? K-Key? Are you okay?”

 

He felt the younger's head jerk a little. Their eyes finally met.

 

There was silence, except from Minho's occasional sniffs.

 

“M-Minho... Minho?” Key was really shocked to find him. Was he dreaming? Maybe. He didn't know. He couldn't move anymore. His head was aching so much he wanted to bang it against the nearest wall. He closed his eyes and tried to open them again. The same person was still beside him.

 

“Key... Key...” The other continued to sob as he tightly held Kibum's arms. The younger was still calling him by his own name and not hyung, like what he called him when they first met.

 

“Min... M-Minho... I'm so... s-sorry... S-sorry... I didn't mean to...” Key's eyes welled with tears.

 

“Sshh... It's not you fault... Please don't blame yourself.”

 

“A-anni. I was so... bad... for hurting you... I d-didn't mean to... go back... with him... but then... what can I do? I'm... so... tired... of hurting... I d-don't know anymore... Minho... I was so hurt... for hurting you... I'm so tired...” Key finally let out what he has been hiding these past few months. He wasn't okay at all. Memories of Minho flooded his inner self, and the more he tried he forget, the more he remembered. And like Minho's case, it was unbearable.

 

“Stop it. Don't say it anymore. You're not bad... you're my angel, remember?”

 

Key kept on shaking his head, for that was all that he could do now. As much as he wanted to let go of Minho's tight embrace, he just couldn't. His weak body is slowly failing him.

 

“I don't deserve you... a-at all... I-I'm so sorry... Please... l-let me go... Minho... I don't want to d-do wrong things anymore. P-Please...”

 

“Key... I don't care if you still wanted to see that C-Chansung. You can see him while--”

 

“Stop! P-Please... stop... I'm so t-tired...”

 

“I mean, it's not wrong at all... I need you, Key. Please get a hold of yourself. I n-need you... please listen to me first...”

 

Along with the souls crying for each other, the rain cried along with them.

 

“D-Don't speak... Minho... don't speak a-anymore...”

 

“I still love you. I will always love you.... listen to me...”

 

“You d-don't love me... You love h-h-her, don't you? She d-deserves you. Please let me f-forget you silently... It's m-my fault for falling so... s-so... desperately... f-for you.”

 

Minho wanted to punch himself hearing this things from Key. “It's my f-fault. I t-told you I will take care of you when in fact... I was... I was a coward. I know that I made you think that I was just p-playing around. But... the t-truth is I'm just scared. I should've told h-her... Yuri... everything... but I d-didn't.”

 

Key head unconsciously fell on Minho's shoulder and he was just sobbing quietly. “I... d-don't know... a-anymore. I'm so... tired...”

 

“You're sick. L-Let's go... we should go to the hospital...”

 

“N-No... too late... it's t-too late...”

 

He felt his angel shivering. He looked and saw that he was rather pale. He was exposed to the cold for too long. He caressed the other's forehead and saw that he was having difficulty in breathing.

 

“Kibum! Are y-you okay? Tell me, are you hurting? Let's just go!” There was panic in Minho's voice now. He stood up but Key's weight was stopping him from standing up completely.

 

“I-I'm leaving... I'm going now... I-It's too late...”

 

“What are you talking about? Y-You're in a delirious state, Key. Don't speak now. I'll... I'll call J-Jonghyun right away...”

 

“Phenylpropanolamine... I t-took it when I had colds... I k-know... that... it's a g-good... p-poi... p-poison... S-See? I applied my Chemistry c-concepts...”

 

Minho stopped in his tracks and was dumbfounded. “Shut up! M-Mworaguyo? You didn't... there is no way you could have...” Truth is sinking in... how could he have missed those signs? Pale skin, feverish state, gibberish talking...

 

“Minho... I... l-love... love... you...” Key helplessly said, choking.

 

“Shut up... why are you doing this to m-me? Key?! This is all a joke r-right?”

 

“I... love you... There is no one other than you in... in... m-my... heart... Y-You are... the o-only one...”

 

“I love you Kibum... I love you and no one else! Please... don't give up on me... please... fight it...” Minho's vision was becoming blurry due to the tears. He doesn't know what to do. He was scared, panicking, sad, angry at the same time. He wanted to burst.

 

“L-Love her with a-all your heart. S-She deserves y-you better... while I-I was being... so... selfish.” There was blood coming out of Kibum's nose while he was trying hard to speak in between sobs.

 

“N-No... no... H-How can you s-say this? S-She doesn't deserve this at all... Key... please... tell me you're joking... please...”

 

“I... I j-just want... you... you... to be happy.... I l-love you so... m-much...”

 

“Key... I love you too....”

 

“T-Taemin... name y-your son... Taemin... f-for me. I'm sorry... i-it's not really... t-too much to ask, r-right?”

 

“Key... please... I'm begging you... Stop this right now!” He was shaking the younger one desperately, afraid that it will be too late to revive him.

 

“Saranghae, Choi Minho.”

 

Minho was about to reply when Key's body finally gave in, and his head fell down on his shoulder. Unconscious.

 

As he carried the fragile body to wherever his feet take him, Minho knows that it's not the end. Whatever it takes, he knows that he will fight it. It's not about death. It's about life.

 

His life... has always been Key.

 

His angel.

 

//EndofAngelsCry.

 

A/N:

 

 

 

... Don't kill me? XD

*POINTS TO EPILOGUE* ♥ I love you guys.