Painted Red

Bleeding Empire

 

The soft light of the early morning sun squeezed through the partially opened blinds of her dead quiet room. She shifted, creating creases in her bleeding crimson red bed sheets.

Her tiny hands shielded her face. She took in a deep breath of the fresh morning breeze. With her eyes tightly sealed shut, she loosened her muscles with a long extensive stretch of her arms. She grunted from being awakened and yawn away her sleepiness, patting all the while. She twisted and shuffled wildly in bed, but then she abruptly fell lifelessly flat on her stomach with her head submerged into her pillow. She refused to move another muscle for a couple of seconds, so she silently laid there sprawled on the bed. Finally giving into the early day, she turned her head to the side for another gasp of cold breeze to find his face only inches from her own. Completely oblivious to all her ruckus, he continues to snore silently beside her.

A smile crept up onto her face. Her cheeks grew rounder; an upward curl formed on her lips, and her eyes involuntarily became similar to that of a crescent moon shape. She scooted nearer to him. She moved closer and closer until her own forehead touched his, and her eyes were parallel to his with their nose almost touching each other. She took a deep snuffle of his familiar scent, unexpectedly waking him up. His tired eyes beamed with satisfaction and a small but captivating grin appeared on his face.

“Hello beautiful,” his hand caressed her cheek and ran through her bed hair.

“Hi,” she answered, she shifted slightly to place a small kiss on his lips.

They stared into each other’s eyes without saying another word for a couple of minutes; each enchanted with the other.

“It’s 8:12,” Gayoon broke in. She sat up in bed, but fell right back into the blanket in front of her afterwards. He laughed at her silly behavior. He climbed out of bed and she followed suit by dragging her body out of bed.

She waddled towards him. When she was close enough, he encloses her in his embrace as he rested his arms upon her tiny waist line. She wrinkled her nose and she wraps her arms around his neck in response. He gazes into her eyes; she could sense the yearning that hides behind his innocent eyes.

“I want to kiss you,” he confessed in a single breath.

She buries her face deep into his chest as an answer. He chuckled lightly. He bends slightly with his face positioned directly into the nape of her neck. Without warning, his tongue glides over the skin of her neck; and without her consent, he seals his lips upon her skin and begins roughly on her bare skin. She had her head buried into his shoulder. Her hands coil into his soft chestnut brown hair, shuffling through every strand.

“Mhmmm,” she lets out a small sound of discomfort. He still had his lips tightly pinned onto her neck.

“Sunggyu-ah…” she whispers his name into his shirt.

“You know if that leaves a mark…you’ll never be able to utilize your anymore,” she informed him. He tenses up, he knew her too well and he knew she would do as she says no matter what. He immediately releases his lips from her neck. He lifts his head and rested his forehead upon hers.

“I’ve marked you. You’re mine now.”

His jubilant smile contrasted her stern stare. He gave her a cheesy smile of pretend innocence. She bit her bottom lip in annoyance. Her hands swiftly shifted his shirt away from his shoulder, exposing his bare skin. She tippy-toed closer to his shoulder and immediately clench her teeth upon his skin.

“Ah! It hurts!” he shouted in alarm. Her teeth tightened on his skin, he could feel it digging into him.

“A-a-a-ah, ah, ok, ok, okay, I’m sorry,” he pleaded in pain.

She finally let go with an accomplished expression plastered on her face. He grimaced in pain. He shoves his shirt beyond his shoulder and tried to spot where the aching throb was coming from. She had made apparent teeth marks on him.

He looks up at her with a pained expression as though he was severely wounded. It was one of his many expressions that had her giving in every time he used it. However, this time, she had escaped his embrace and was slowly backing away from him. She tried to restrain herself from bursting into laughter by covering with her tiny hand; she knew she gave him more than he deserved and had to laugh off her guiltiness.

His pained expression switched to an expression that craved revenge. Her eyes lit up; she knew she was in trouble. She dashed out of the room. He quickly follows suit. She was caught within seconds of her escape. He lifts her up and her laughter filled the room and bounced against the walls, she kicked and tried to wiggle her way out from his hold on her. He settles her down and turned her towards him; she reluctantly faced him. Her small frame was pushed up against his built body. She looks up to him innocently. He chuckled out loudly in disbelief; through experience he knew she only acts cute when she desired something or when she had done something wrong. He gave up, he couldn’t stay mad at her for long; he always gave in to her. His head hung low in defeat; she smiled in triumph. She tilted her head to meet his gaze. He opens his eyes slightly and let out a tired laugh and a small smile. She moves her lips closer to his and gently grazes her lips upon his.

“You, are mine,” she said softly.

“Okay, I’m yours,” he answered in a whisper.

He moves back in for one final kiss, one that was addictively tender and sweet, enveloping both her body and soul into his embrace all the while. His hands sneakily slipped under her loose top and caressed her bare midriff. In between their kisses a giggle would escape from her lips as she realized where he was taking this; she slowly pulled away reluctantly. His expression yearned for her entirety. Her slim fingers and small hand tenderly his cheek; as her eyes looked up at him with an expression that exposed all her love for him. He leaned forward and gently placed his forehead on hers and settled his hand on her waist closing the gap she had made between them. He closed his eyes and shadows began to run the corners of the room, and creep in towards the middle of where they stood. Everything was engulfed in darkness; and in an instant he was gone.

A sudden stream of warmth ran down her face. Her shaking hand reached up to trace the path. Her fingertips tremble upon the wet substance. She looks around frantically, everything was blurred. In a haze, she sees his familiar figure again, but it was disappearing beyond the gloom that hung over the place. She chased after him, her hands reached out to him in hope that maybe, just maybe she could close the empty distance that parted them. However, he was only getting farther away, and despite her effort she felt trapped in one spot. She opened to yell for him, but nothing sounded; all was quiet. She cried out his name without end. She crashed down to fall in a broken slump.

A sudden flash of horror replayed in front of her; that day came rushing back to haunt her. His limp body was ripped from her embrace. Everything was playing itself in slow motion as though to mock at her misery. Everything was painted in fresh crimson blood. The siren that warned of an emergency screeched in her ears. Her vision became a blurred as she lost consciousness; she fell to the cold hard pavement as her last string of energy gave way.

She was once again enclosed in gloom. She had a difficult time trying to catch her breath. She clawed at her chest. felt raw. Her limbs were weak. All she could do was cry in front of this nightmare that had engulfed their empire. Everything ended too quickly and nothing, absolutely nothing, can be mended.

 


A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed reading this one shot.
Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing! x)

P.S. This is actually a re-post because AFF deleted this chapter when it was having its problems.