The Dinner

Mr Arrogant and Miss Smarty Pants.

Luna was surprised when Yesung asked her to get in his car. She was doubtful and uncertain. would she go in this lenght just to get to this man,as she asked herself. And the answer is yes,the earlier for her ,the better for everybody. Their job will be done in no time and yes she will able to go home and sleep in her own bed.

New York is exciting and all , it is a big city with lots of exciting things to do for a single girl like her. It is also the center of arts and culture, but New York is not San Francisco. San Francisco is different and it is home for her. And if there is one man blocking her way to be able to go home sooner,then she must do what it is called for.

As she rode on Yersung's car, she wondered if it is his reflection of himself, for his car is elegant but sporty. It speaks of power and money, of arrogance and superiority. Back home she got a small but dependable car ,more representative of herself, functional and dependable and yes nothing fancy,what you see is what you get kind of thing. Just contrasting the two possesions that they both possessed, one can see the vast difference between them. But then did she expect any similarities between them when they have totally different background????

She took a deep sigh on her chair as Yesung winded down on the street of the late evening traffic. Yesung glanced at her as he heard her sigh,as a smile crossed his face. He is totally enjoying it this time.,making her uncomfortable at his presence and then maybe she'll give up on him. A simple psychology is all he needs to quiet her down and for sure after tonight she is not going to bother him anymore.

Luna was surprised as Yesung passed the traffic streets in the city and winded up on the highway. Her eyes went big when they crossed one of the many bridges and ended up on one of the island nearby. And before she knew Yesung stopped by in a restaurant....right after the bridge. It has a great view of the lights of the city at night, the lights that decorated the bridge is such a beautiful sight,as she stepped put of the car and breath in the fresh air from the bay..

"You'll like the view here ." it is more of a statement than a question,as Luna found Yesung eye's on her. He was looking at her as if he was seeing her for the first time. Seeing her as a human and a woman and some alien person out there.

"Yes it is beautiful ,especially at this time " she answered,as she felt the cold breeze in her arms.

"The view is great and the food even better. Come on...it is making me hungry just thinking about it." as he took her arm. The galant act took Luna by sirprise,but she just let him guide her on the way.

The restaurant is not that big,it is quite small and intimate, not more than fifty can fit in that big hall. But the restaurant was elegantly decorated, Plants and fountain by the entrance which looks like a Japanese inspired garden, a beautiful chandalier hang at the center of the hall foyer, and an even grander one at the center of the rerstaurant. Tha table are decorated with candelabra abd vase with fresh flowers on it, a really beautiful and romantic place if Luna is not mistaken. She wondered why Yesung has brought her here when he could have chosen some restaurant in the city just as classy but not romantic. She wondered what could be in Dr Kim's mind as he brought her here.

Good thing she is dressed in her suit but then a place like this, one should be dressed up as a girl,with skirts and dresses and heels to impress one's dinner partner. But then this is not even a date and yes even unplanned and just spur at the moment thing. But her partner is in his suit so he is quite dressed for the place.

The Maitre D  acknowledged them and bowed his head. "Dr Kim ,it is nice to see you again, " as he smiled at both of them. More like a glanced at her.

"Yes,it has been a while. So is our table ready ?" he asked.

"Yes,it is " as he lead them to their table. Luna can only looked around and appreciate the place ,as she sat down.

"This is quite a nice place,you should have not taken me..." as her voice drown before she can continue...

"I already have a reservation here before you came and stop me.  Do you think,I would have changed my plan or did this deliberately just for you ?" he said as he got that smirked in his face ,looking at her.

"No,I don't think that you are that kind of guy, Dr Kim." Luna answered,irritated now at the tone of his voice. This guy can irritate the hell out of her, such arrogance,as she looked back at him, without smile and without fear.

Th waiter came before she can add more to her words. "Why don't we order face,before we discuss any business. I want to enjoy the food here and the place...the company..too." as he added it as an after thought and then smiling at her...which totally change the whole atmosphere. Luna frowned...why is he like night and day, she can change from one end to the other.,and yet when he smiled.....something just touched Luna somewhere...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just. as Yesung has said the food was great, and Luna can't hel herself but enjoyed it. And after the smile from him,he totally changed to a totally charming company, talking about the place, and how he found it and that he has been quite a regular costumer of the place. And yes,he doesn't lived a hermot life after all. Doctors has got their own social life after all. There  world doesn't only revolved around their patient, at least that is the picture,that he is trying to portray to her. And yes he has brought girls,as in dates here,which sort of twisted Luna's heart somewhere.

"So did you changed your opinion about me ? " he asked. "We doctors are also human too. I wished there will be more 24 hours in a day but then one can only accept the limitations of nature,and maybe it is done for a purpose. So we human should not change it." he said.

"I don't quite get it." Luna said as she frowned. "MY opinion has nothing to do,with what job that I need to do and that is to train and educate you." as she explained.

"But can't you see human and computers are totally different,I deal with human lives day in and day out,and for me to waste my time to seat down to click some unnecessary machine is just a waste of my time. I could hire somebody to do that for me." he explained. "And machine is something that I'm not good at. I work with my hands to operate,and tickling some keyboard will only ruin my surgical hands."

"But it is something that you have to learn. The President as already mandated. It will saved people's money and yes in some way saved people lives too." she explained.

"It will save insurance and government money but  I don't see it saving human lives after all. " Yesung said. "And so for now....the answer is no. I will not go."

"But the President and CEO of the hospital specifically instructed us that we have to train you. It is my job as well as your responsibility to learn it." Luna said.

"I don't have to...You can tell him that I refuse to learn. And that's the end of this." Yesung said in finality.

"But that would mean for us not completing our job here." Luna said. "WE have to train each one foe you before,it can go on live. And if we can't...then we have a problem..here. " she said as she looked downcast.

The worry look in her face sort of touch Yesung...is it really important for them and the whole hospital  ??? Is he the only problem???? He stopped and looked outside....he thought she is the one that is going to back down from him...but now...why is he....as he took a deep breath..

"Alright....if only to make things easier for you..I'll train but I want a one to one instructions and I want you to be my instructor." Yesung said in finality, as a smile came to Luna smelling victory in the process...and seeing her smile,Yesung can't help but smile back at her...