A meeting of fate

An Immortal Eclipse Of The Heart

 

   "The locals here say that people go missing all the time...that there are things here...unexplainable things, that happen. People going missing is the least they have to worry about, it's less common but not unheard of to find corpses lying in fields places...but it's not that the corpses are found that's strange...it's the cause of death...the punctures they find on the bodies. It's said throughout the town that some kind of snake is attacking all these victims..." with a quick flick of the wrist you snap the book you were reading shut as you let out a laugh of amusement.

    Always being the one who stood out, you've learned to look and think about things differently. Unlike normal girls your age, instead of going out to movies with your friends and spending late nights doing make overs and talking about guys, you spent your time researching the latest ghoul and vampire stories. Instead of chick flick and makeup it's horror and manga. You constantly indulge yourself into stories and what your family calls, fairy tales. Your whole life growing up you've heard your parents talking about how vampires are fake and can be explained with science.  Vampires. Having all these things to be obsessed with: Werewolfs, Mummies, and other monsters....and you chose vampires. It's a lifestyle choice that you've made and you love everybody of it. Your parents tease you constantly about it though, since you don't look the type to be obsessed with those things.

    You took a deep breath and grinned as you opened your new school schedule, all the classes that they offer here are so different than back home. You smirk to yourself as you run your finger across the paper reading your duties for the next year:

Mythology
Chemistry
History of Korea
Blah
Blah
Blah

     Sighing deeply you jolt forward as your car comes to a stop causing you to look up from your papers. "Whats going on?!" you shout a bit angered as you look at the heap of papers that are now piled in the floor. Looking up at your parents you see their faces, they're frustrated with whatever is going on "~~~~ Sit back down it'll be fine. There just seems to be a slight hold up in the traffic. There's a guy right there that i can talk to" your dad says as he put the car into park. Quickly pulling all the papers from the floor you watch as your dad gets out of the car and walks over to a man who seems to be of authority over the situation.  "Great, first day of school and I'm going to be late because some wacko can't drive". You say irritantly as your mom pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number.

Unable to take the suspense of not knowing what happened, you step out of your car and begin scanning the area. From the looks of things it was an accident, there was a motorcycle that was laying in a ditch but no one was around it. The reason the situation was taking up the whole road....a body was found strewn 30 feet from the car that hit the motorcycle and the police were looking for the missing cyclist. Seeing that whatever this was is going to take a while, you decide to take a walk down the road away from the mess.

With your dad talking to the officer in charge of the scene and your mom talking to who the hell ever she was talking to on the phone, you start your way down the street. You scanned the line of trees the outskirted the street as you took small steps, trying to be unnoticed by your parents you bite your lip lightly and look around. For once in your life. No one was watching you. Taking advantage of this, you quickly sprint the short distance into the patch of woods. Quick to doge a few trees you allow yourself to get a few more yards into the wood.

Taking in a deep breath you let the smell of the wood fill your nose, it was fresh. You smile and pit your hands on your hips: time to do some investigating of your own.

 
Cautiously you step forward and begin examining the trees and the grass around you, looking for anything. Signs of something....unnatural. Not paying attention to where you walked you let yourself slip on a hill of mud causing you to fall. Not only did you fall, you were just lucky enough to trip at the top of a small hill covered in mud. Trying to grab onto something to keep you from falling, you felt your stockings rip and your thigh cut on something. Rolling ungracefully to a complete stop you sit up and bite your lip from the pain of your leg. It was covered in a mix of mud from the hill and blood.

"Are you stupid?" you hear a deep voice hiss as you see a white handkerchief fall into your lap. "clean yourself and cover that wound. Around here that is.....dangerous" you hear a man grin as two figures emerge from the wood in front of you. One was tall with white hair and very high cheek bones, and the other, slightly shorter and dark brown hair.