Chapter 3

The Princess and The Geek

Chapter 3

 

 

Jiyong hid behind the pole as he scanned the whole school yard. He was hiding from Donghae who already tried changing him. And all Donghae could get to was his thick framed glasses. His friends thought just leave him be because apparently without the glasses he looks good. So currently Kwon Jiyong is wearing contact lenses to school. He knew he was a good looking boy as his parents and sisters say it to him everyday but he never bothers about his look. Jiyong needed to understand that in order to get the girl you needed a bit of style, maybe a lot but a bit would do. "I don't see him. I should be fine." Jiyong grinned to himself before rushing towards the other pole to hide.

 

"What are you doing?" Jiyong froze in his position hearing a voice from behind. His eyes diverted towards the angelic like voice only to see Dara. His mouth parted to say something but nothing escaped his mouth. Dara was trying to get her bag out from her back seat when she noticed Jiyong playing COD by himself, well he didn't have the gun. She followed him until he paused once again. But she didn't think she'd get the shock of her life when he turned around to face her.

 

Kwon Jiyong. The schools nerd. Wasn't wearing his thick framed glasses. AND DAMN HE WAS GOOD LOOKING.

 

Jiyong sighed before scratching the back of his neck. Dara would sometimes talk to him not always but sometimes, maybe a little less than sometimes. It was very rare and it always stopped his heart from beating. Her gaze always sent him to heaven. And her voice, it was very angel like which only troubled him as he couldn't focus on what she was saying.

 

"Oh thats the bell I should get going.." Without recieving a response he rushed inside hiding behind the door. He had no idea he was holding onto his breath. Breathing in once again he turned around only to bump into someone else.

 

"There you are." Donghae grinned slapping Jiyong's back a few times before dragging him towards the mens toilet. "We need to fix up your hair a bit and then it should be fine."

 

Everyone was gazing at Jiyong and he didn't like it at all. He actually felt uncomfortable. And for the first time human. When you're a geek no one recognises you except the bullies. And what shocked him the most was the fact he was still his geeky self but minus the glasses. The glasses were the reason he had no friends except Hana of course who he hasn't seen yet.

 

"Jiyong? Is that you? Omg where's your glasses?" Jiyong pouted towards his best friend before looking ahead. Hana didn't even recognise the fact it was Jiyong at first and she was going to walk past him but then that silly backpack of his grabbed her attention. She and him had the same backpack in this entire school. Jiyong had been too busy doing stuffs with the bullies Hana had no idea what was going through his mind. At first she wanted to stop him but everyday when she saw Jiyong he looked fine so she knew they weren't harming him in any way.

 

"Donghae gave me a makeover. Well this isn't a makeover just my glasses has disappeared but do you think Dara will recognise me?" Hana's eyes furrowed in confusion while Jiyong panicked inside. He promised Donghae he wont say anything to anyone even Hana.

 

"Donghae gave you a makeover in order for Dara to recognise you? What?" Jiyong gulped before processing his mind quickly. He needed to think of an excuse fast.

 

"Oh I kept getting bullied and I didn't like it, going home bruised each day so Donghae helped me, I know it's shocking but he helped me and he doesn't knowI like Dara but then I was hoping maybe now that I look cool, Dara might like me. I look cool right?" Jiyong pumped up his collar with a grin because of the fact he came up with a great excuse and not over the fact he looked good.

 

"Oh okay. I liked the other Jiyong better." Hana pinched his cheek before stepping back taking another quick scan of the new Kwon Jiyong. She always thought he was good looking even though without the glasses he absolutely looks stunning she still believes he was his best when he had his glasses on.

 

"You do? This is why you're my favourite girl!" Jiyong grinned making Hana chuckle.

 

"Come on lets get to class before we get detention and we wont want a black spot on your perfect attendance and punctuality right?" Jiyong quickly nodded his head before they both rushed towards their first lesson.

 

"We should go tonight you know. It's coming out tonight. I've waited for this day to come." Hana spoke to Jiyong who quickly wrote down extra notes before placing his books back into their compartment. They were in their maths lesson until the school bell was heard indicating it was lunch time. Hana and Jiyong however stayed behind to talk about tonight as friday has always been their go out late day.

 

"I don't mind as always I'll pick you up. okay?" Jiyong responded sending her a warm smile which Hana returned back happily. They continued to talk until a person stood infront of them stopped them.

 

"Yo G, just coz you aint lookin like a nerd doesnt mean you aint fam. I want you to still continue doing my homework. Understood?" Jiyong gulped down a large spit as he glanced at the biggest bully ever. His name was Jaejoong and he was awarded the worst bully ever by Jiyong. Jiyong shivered remembering a scene where he forgot to bring the homework only for him to be hanged up side down on a pole with his underwear. It was a very unpleasant sight and memory.

 

"Yah Jae leave Jiyong alone!" Donghae pushed Jaejoong away only to gawk towards Jiyong.

 

"Remember what I told you. There's a party at mines and I want you down there tonight." Hana gazed at Jiyong only to return her attention back towards Donghae.

 

"Sorry. He's very busy tonight." She retorted picking hers and Jiyong's back up only for Donghae to slam it back onto the table.

 

"Hana lets just change the date. I have to go tonight. I'm sorry." Jiyong quickly stood up leaving with Donghae leaving a depressed Hana behind. She had no idea what was going on but she could see the small change in Jiyong. It was already affecting their friendship. She sighed before heading towards the other direction.

 

"Hey babe. I'm sure you all know Jiyong. Yep this is Jiyong. He's coming to the party tonight." Donghae pecked Dara's lip before wrapping his arm around her waist.

 

"Oh sure. Its going to be extra fun to see new people there." Dara said eyeing Jiyong who looked uncomfortable.

 

"He looks really cute with those things he wears...glasses right?" Bom touched Jiyong's face before sending him a smile.

 

Jiyong's eyes scanned the whole play area to notice Hana sat by herself. Quickly bidding farewell to his 'new' friends he ran towards her direction. "Jiyong remember! Tonight at 8pm! Be there!" He heard Donghae.