Zelo

You're my NamjaChingu (Boyfriend) [BAP Version]

“I want to break up.” You told him.

Zelo’s eyes widened. He closed the gap between the two of you.

“What did you just say, noona?” he wanted to make sure that he wasn’t hearing things.

You looked directly into his eyes. “I said I want to break up.”

*Did noona just say that she wants to break up with me?* It took a moment for Zelo to digest your words.

“I am tired of us, Junhong-ah.” You confessed. He was standing in front of you in a frozen state.

“~~~~~~~ noona, did I do something wrong?” he grabbed your hands in his. “If I did, tell me and I will change. I promised to be better. Please noona, don’t break up with me.”

“No, you don’t understand.” You pulled away from him. “You don’t understand what I am living through.”

“Then tell me.” He urged. “Tell me so that I can help you.”

You looked up into his eyes and his soft blonde hair. “Junhong-ah, we are not meant to be. Even if we continue to be with each other, the both of us will get hurt sooner or later.”

“Why are you suddenly being like this, noona?” he asked angrily. “We were perfect a few days ago.”

“That was a few days ago, Junhong.” You reminded. “Anything can happen during that period of time.”

“Tell me what happened.” He pleaded. “Tell me what happened that caused you to want to break up with me.”

“My feelings for you changed, Choi Junhong.” You said that directly into his eyes. “I don’t feel the same way about you anymore.”

“No, I think that you are lying.” He argued. “Something must have happened to make you do this.”

“Nothing happened.” You told him. “I am tired of hearing people talking about us. Talking about me, to be exact. I am in a relationship with a guy who is three years younger than me. That’s abnormal, Junhong.”

“But you never let that bother you, ~~~~~~~ noona.” He pointed out. “You told me before that as long as our love is strong, nothing else matter.”

“Well,” you looked at him with wet eyes. “I was wrong. Everything matters in a relationship. I don’t want to be with a younger guy. I want someone who is older than me. Someone who can protect me, love me and be there for me when I need him too.”

Zelo gripped his hair in frustration. “I love you, ~~~~~~ noona and I am there for you whenever you need me. I can protect you too, trust me.”

“No. You still don’t understand.” You shook your head. “I don’t want to be in love with a younger guy.”

And with that, you walked away, leaving Zelo speechless. You ran to the nearest bus stop and broke down. You didn’t care if someone saw you. You let your tears run down your cheeks.

*I am sorry, Junhong. I am really sorry, but I have to this for the both of us.*

=======

Zelo angrily slam the door as he reached home. His mother looked out from the kitchen.

“Junhong, you are back. Come to the kitchen, I baked some cookies.” She called.

Zelo made his way into the kitchen and sat down at the dining table. He poured himself a glass of orange juice and dunks it in one shot.

“What happened to you?” Mrs Choi asked as she placed a plate of baked cookies in front of him. “You seem moody and unhappy.”

“Omma…” he glanced at his mum with wet eyes. “~~~~~~~ noona broke up with me.”

Mrs Choi’s eyes widened and she tried her best to not smile. “Oh really? What happened?”

With a broken heart, Zelo told her everything. “I don’t understand why she suddenly wants to break up with me. We were happy, Omma. I don’t know what’s wrong.”

“Honestly, I don’t think that the two of you are compatible.” She said. “I meant, she’s three years older than you, Junhong.”

“Omma.”  He stood up angrily. “Why are you being like this?” I thought you approve of us being together.”

“Choi Junhong, don’t you raise your voice at me. I am your mother.” She reprimanded. “And that ~~~~~~~ girl is not suitable for you. I am glad that she decided to break with you.”

“Arghhh. I don’t want to hear any of this anymore.” He ran up to his bedroom and slammed the door hard.

Zelo lay on his bed and glanced at the photo frame on his bedside. It was a picture of you and him, you smiling widely with your arms around his waist and he was doing a peace sign.

“~~~~~~~ noona, why did you leave me?” he cried so much until he fell asleep.

=======

A week had passed since the breakup. Both you and Zelo are feeling miserable. You didn’t attend school for the past week and cooped yourself in the house.

“~~~~~~~-ah, you should go out for a walk and have some fresh air.” Your housemate, Nana suggested.

You shook your head and stared at the TV. Nana shook her head and went back into her room.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. You walked to the front door and opened the main door. Your eyes widened when you saw Zelo standing in front of you.

“Junhong….” You called.

“I need to talk to you.” He said in as stern voice. “Can you spare me a minute?”

You glanced back to see Nana peeking out from her room. “I will be out for a while.” You told her.

Nana nodded and motioned you to go. You walked out of the house with Zelo. The two of you reached the park. You looked around awkwardly.

“What is it that you wanted to talk about?” you asked

Zelo stared at you. “I know the reason behind you breaking up with me.”

You froze. *He knows?* But you keep your face expressionless. “I already told you, Junhong-ah. My feelings for you have changed.”

“YOU LIED.” He screamed. “WHAT YOU SAID ALL ALONG WAS A LIE.”

Your eyes widened. “What are you talking about?” you stuttered.

Zelo grabbed your arms and shook you hard. “Look into my eyes without flinching and tell me that you don’t love me anymore.”

Zelo gabbed your face and made you looked into his eyes. “Say. It.”

“I...I…I… don’t…..don’t…” you can’t get the words out of your mouth.

“You don’t what?” Zelo asked as he gritted his teeth.

“Junhong….. I don’t lov…. Lo…love… you….” Your voice came out softly.

Shaking his head, Zelo glared at you. “I can’t hear what you are saying. Say it louder, Park ~~~~~~~.”

“I don’t love you, Choi Junhong.” You closed your eyes and looked away. After sensing no reaction from Zelo, you slowly opened your eyes. He was still looking at you.

“You still love me, don’t you?” he whispered. “That’s why you can’t say those words directly to me.”

You kept quiet and lowered your head.

“I knew it.” He started. “My mum was the one who asked you to break up with me, right?”

Your head shoot up at that information. “How did you know that?”

“I am not stupid, noona.” He smirked. “’Daehyun Hyung was the one who told me about it. He saw you and my mum at the café near your school on the day you broke up with me.”

“I had to do it, Junhong-ah.” You reasoned out. “If not…” He cut you off. “If not, my mum is going to send me overseas to study, right?” you nodded.

“That was why you broke up with me.” He stated.

“If I don’t break up with you, you will be send overseas.” You explained. “And if you go, I will never ever see you again.”

“How stupid can you be, noona?” he chuckled. “All you have to do is disagree to whatever my mum wants you to do. You know that I love you too and I will do anything for us to be together, right?”

“You will?” you looked at him with bambi eyes.

“Who do you think I am?” he asked. “Am I still a young boy who can’t have his own say? I am already 18 years old and I can make my own decisions.”

“Wouldn’t we be going your mum’s wishes if we stay together?” you worriedly asked.

“Don’t worry about that. I got it settled.” He lowered his head and pecked your nose.

“Does that mean that we are together back again?” you questioned. Zelo shrugged and pointed at you. “It’s your call. Since you are the one who initiate the breakup, you decide whether you want to take me back or not.”

After much hesitation, you slung your arms around his neck and pulled his head down before landing a kiss right on his mouth. Zelo’s eyes widened and he closed his eyes to kiss you back.

*I love you, Junhong-ah.* you smiled through his lips.

Zelo pulled you closer and squeezed your waist. *Nothing will stop us and we will endure any obstacles together.*